Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

endermigne

Elite
Society
The White Dots
ender endermigne migne
With today's thread of a MA-employee I was wondering how many posts they actually write here on EF and how FPC does in that category.

Well, as far as MA is concerned, there was the infamous one from June 22 2010 about the vehicles. Then, well, uhh..., yeah, Jan 16 2010 about an interview. And the rarity continues beyond that.

I don't think I have to say that FPC's folks post much more here, e.g. Hanne appears more or less frequently.

Yes, I know, info is also coming in from their websites through Bertha, but can that be it?

So the questions are: What do you think about this? Who would you expect to post more? Or do you want them to post less? Do the posts here meet your expectations?

Notes about the poll: it is based on the current status as we have it (lined out above). It should compare MA and FPC with each other.

Also note that many posts don't necessarily mean "spreading information", e.g. you may think that some posts were rather uncalled for.

I think that FPC could post a bit more about what they are doing, how landscape redoing is going, etc :)

and MA could post a bit more about how it is going with the missing systems, maybe even have a chart or something in the client loader about how many % of the way they calculate they are at?

Also, a bit unrelated, they could put the voting terminals back and let the players vote on what they should put the MOST work into :D

To be honest i think MA don't give a damn about us.

All they care about is more corporate customers for their platform.. :rolleyes:

FPC on the other hand could a better job as well at communicating.

I dont think it matters. Having someone deal with the questions generated from the forums isnt going to "help" They probably arent allowed to answer any question without it going through the propped channels(what ever those are) and we will get the same canned answers as before. Bertha does well, I dont mind giving the bot a neg rep when it leaves bad stuff out of the post(aka hidden taxes and nrfs).

"Everythings good here! You guys are going to love whats in the next VU!" is about the long and short, of the PR end of things; no mater how many times they rephrase it.

Here is a novel idea instead posting less or more in a "fan" forum they both need to start their own and deal with the issues there.

I don't care if they hire someone to take over the time consuming part of forum maintenance if there is any but they should really have their own sites. At the very least FPC needs to be the ideal template for future planet partners and how can you do that without an "official" forum for your planet.

Posted via Mobile Device

Ithought it was a celeberty death match :D

No golden Midway?

there is no answers like...
"I Dont Care"
"Dont bother me with stupid questions"
"They should both stop spamming"
:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::lolup:
or else i wouldv vote :laugh:

With today's thread of a MA-employee I was wondering how many posts they actually write here on EF and how FPC does in that category.

Well, as far as MA is concerned, there was the infamous one from June 22 2010 about the vehicles. Then, well, uhh..., yeah, Jan 16 2010 about an interview. And the rarity continues beyond that.

I don't think I have to say that FPC's folks post much more here, e.g. Hanne appears more or less frequently.

Yes, I know, info is also coming in from their websites through Bertha, but can that be it?

So the questions are: What do you think about this? Who would you expect to post more? Or do you want them to post less? Do the posts here meet your expectations?

Notes about the poll: it is based on the current status as we have it (lined out above). It should compare MA and FPC with each other.

Also note that many posts don't necessarily mean "spreading information", e.g. you may think that some posts were rather uncalled for.

MA vs FPC...No its the same company they are in the same building as before its only on paper that is two companys now ----> just for tax planning.

there is no answers like...
"I Dont Care"
"Dont bother me with stupid questions"
"They should both stop spamming"
:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::lolup:
or else i wouldv vote :laugh:

How about "things are fine as-is" or "both should post less" or maybe just ignore the thread you are not interested in and go do something else ;)

Ithought it was a celeberty death match :D

I think MA crew should have a paintball competition vs FPC crew, and film it. It won't prove anything, but these balls hit pretty hard, and I'd love to see all of then SUFFFER!!!!

I think MA doesn't really have to communicate with us...

We are not there customers, the planet partners are. So the most important thing is that they communicate with them.

Planet partners are there to communicate with the players, and pass our wishes onto MA.

Typical MA response to an issue:

It's part of the old systems that we are still working on.

Typical FPC response:

We like chocolate.

In the end, neither one answers anything.

We need both to post more.

We also need the right people to post.

We need direct interaction with the development and balancing teams. No more 'we've passed your comments onto the developers' :rolleyes: and not a once a decade interview.

We also need responses to some of the criticisms the playerbase makes about the length of time and the reasoning behind the scheduling of the development of the missing vu9 parts. Why new features were being developed instead of getting Calypso back all the vu9 ones. I think the players deserve a full and honest answer / apology to that one from everyone involved.

That's interesting.

I mean I knew that "both should post more" would win it by far, but I had expected it to have a higher percentage. Currently it's slightly below 75%.

I learned something :)

Well if you take a look on what MA/FPC post, you should understand that people don´t want more posts that say nothing!

And if MA/FPC post something concret, we all know that times stated untill this or that will be implemented is far away from reallity.

So why force them to post more of that missinformations, when we all know they do whatever they want and when they want at the end, no matter what is said earlier!

Well if you take a look on what MA/FPC post, you should understand that people don´t want more posts that say nothing!

And if MA/FPC post something concret, we all know that times stated untill this or that will be implemented is far away from reallity.

So why force them to post more of that missinformations, when we all know they do whatever they want and when they want at the end, no matter what is said earlier!

That's also what I was thinking (see last line of my OP). I just didn't know how everybody's opinion was about this. In order to find out, I made the poll :cool:

Obviously, the number of posts seems to be what counts...

I am not sure how to vote on this.. but I can tell you I cannot be non biased, Hanne from FPC has been really cool. I have never had contact from MA, kinda wish I had the opportunity.

Either way if I had to vote who is doing the better job, even though their purposes are different, having community ambassadors who take the time to come in and listen to us is a great way to show you care!

I think MA should have a place where they post info about systems, new and old, and their progress. This is just something I think would be nice of them to do.

MA sure as hell needs to keep all of the planet partners up to speed and fully informed, but from what I've seen it doesn't look like they tell them anything either.

As far as FPC or other PP's posting here... I don't care where they post as long as it is more frequent, contains MUCH more information than we've gotten before, and is easy to find. FPC could use the Gateway blog or the Planet Calypso site.

Maybe the best thing would be for MA to host a huge forum site with sections for each PP. Dunno...

I really like how EF and EP are going and I wouldn't want either to lose out. It's nice to see the community have non-official forums, but there should be an official one too.

Back