Votes: 43 27.7%
  • No

Votes: 88 56.8%
  • I am a psycologist

Votes: 24 15.5%

• Total voters

Kiriku Surgun

Stalker
I see allot of threads being negative and negativism is a mayor problem for me, in fact its a direct danger for my wellbeing. That is the main reason for me often being fierce to those who are putting it down.
I've got a severe form of Social anxiety disorder and Avoidant personality disorder which has been built up by a fucked up childhood and multiple trauma's.

Do you suffer from a mental disorder? What makes your experience in EU/forum other than a 'normal' person?

lol yeah, my disorder is probably called "total unwillingness to care".

edit: there's probably some more scientific name to it, but i don't care what it is. :D

I have Aspergers does that count? heheh

We are all fine here.

Bones

lol yeah, my disorder is probably called "total unwillingness to care".

edit: there's probably some more scientific name to it, but i don't care what it is. :D

Perhaps(from wiki)
Schizoid personality disorder (SPD) is a personality disorder characterized by a lack of interest in social relationships, a tendency towards a solitary lifestyle, secretiveness, and emotional coldness.

But I would not go into self diagnosis if I were you ^^

The insanity of normallity!

Who got mental disorder?
Is it me or all others ?

I can't vote, there's no "I am a hamster" option.

Internet is a chronic disease, and we all got it. Cant be cured

And we're supposed to bear with your disorders because...? :rolleyes:

Quite frankly, if you've got a problem, it shouldn't be my problem.
Yet, people are directly affected by your disorder. :cussing:

:tapfinger Ironic. :tapfinger

I present many symptoms of Dysthymia, Insomnia and a little Aspergers.
Not yet medically diagnosed, but so freakin' evident it's either that or Hypochondriasis. :wise:

Now, this doesn't make me specially whiny but quite pessimistic and apathetic when I'm down and very sarcastic while under pressure. I cannot bear with crude humor, fluffbunnies, simpletons, romantics, and defensive people (incomplete list). Though, I've learned the value of hypocrisy and the rewards of silence. :cool:

I don't blame negative people for my behavior. I just ignore them.
Though, positive/ignorant others may suffer from a heavy dose of sarcasm personally administered by mine truly. ;)

Perhaps(from wiki)
Schizoid personality disorder (SPD) is a personality disorder characterized by a lack of interest in social relationships, a tendency towards a solitary lifestyle, secretiveness, and emotional coldness.

But I would not go into self diagnosis if I were you ^^

That sounds exactly Like ME :eek: Does that mean im SICK :confused:

I voted yes, because I do have some mental disorders, but I suppose it doesn't show that much on EF... does it? *looks behind back to see if noone is watching*

Does avoiding people and finding more pleasure in reading than in talking to old friends count?

edit:
Sounds like me. Didn't know that even had a name! I learned something lol!

Except from that sometimes I have something that (I believe) is called *fear attack*. A moments of impossible to expalin and with no real reason at all feeling of fear and panic. And no, not in PVP3 or 4 zones lol... just like that.
Ok, enough of that self psychoanalizis ;)

Last edited:

No fucker you are missing the point. I am curious of how other experience EU and the forum if they have a mental disorder them selfs. I do not want your pittyness, I dont want anyones pittyness.
I am saying how it affect me, sorry for being open. and another FU

No fucker you are missing the point. I am curious of how other experience EU and the forum if they have a mental disorder them selfs. I do not want your pittyness, I dont want anyones pittyness.
I am saying how it affect me, sorry for being open. and another FU

Please, do tell me you're being ironic.

EDIT: Just in case. I'll take the liberty of quoting myself.

:tapfinger Ironic. :tapfinger

I present many symptoms of Dysthymia, Insomnia and a little Aspergers. Not yet medically diagnosed, but so freakin' evident it's either that or Hypochondriasis. :wise:

Now, this doesn't make me specially whiny but quite pessimistic and apathetic when I'm down and very sarcastic while under pressure. I cannot bear with crude humor, fluffbunnies, simpletons, romantics, and defensive people (incomplete list). Though, I've learned the value of hypocrisy and the rewards of silence. :cool:

I don't blame negative people for my behavior. I just ignore them. Though, positive/ignorant others may suffer from a heavy dose of sarcasm personally administered by mine truly. ;)

I can't be blamed for not knowing how to approach a sanguine individual.
I'm not a trained psychologist, after all.
But, I did notice that your ailment is a bit too strong for you.

You shouldn't post your grievances on EF.
You should visit a doctor as soon as possible.

Last edited:
Except from that sometimes I have something that (I believe) is called *fear attack*. A moments of impossible to expalin and with no real reason at all feeling of fear and panic.

Yes I know what you are saying basically my life is all around fear due to irrational thoughts. Also sometimes there is just fear without any thoughts. Im not sure what that is. Rarely have those though

Welcome to the Psychiatric Hotline.

• If you are obsessive-compulsive, please press 1 repeatedly.
  • If you are co-dependent, please ask someone to press 2.
  • If you have multiple personalities, please press 3, 4, 5, and 6.
  • If you are paranoid-delusional, we know who you are and what you want.
    Just stay on the line so we can trace the call.
  • If you are schizophrenic, listen carefully and a little voice will tell you which number to press.
  • If you are depressed, it doesn't matter which number you press. No one will answer.
  • If you are delusional and occasionally hallucinate, please be aware that the thing you are holding on the side of your head is alive and about to bite off your ear.

Joking apart, mental illness affects something like 1 in 3 people at some time in their lives. Am I mad? Probably.

If you are depressed, it doesn't matter which number you press. No one will answer.

Here I am, brain the size of a planet and...
Oh... never mind... no one ever listens, anyway. :(

hey entropians

My disorder is spend more time in games then with girlfriend ... lol

LMAO at the above 2 posts :)

Oops, someone got in before me, the 2 stupid posts I mean

You shouldn't post your grievances on EF.
You should visit a doctor as soon as possible.

I am for a few years already, in fact I am going today. About the grievances, I am not? For me its training to be more open towards others. My intention is not to spit out my thoughts and feeling, just opening up for myself and interest towards others

Edit:
If it is really not smart to post this I will remove it asap

Nope, but I have OCD habits.

I don't think if someone can completely say "No". I think normality is very, very rare.

I am for a few years already, in fact I am going today. About the grievances, I am not? For me its training to be more open towards others. My intention is not to spit out my thoughts and feeling, just opening up for myself and interest towards others

Edit:
If it is really not smart to post this I will remove it asap

Good for you. :thumbup:

BTW, why should you care whether I think your post is smart or not? :scratch2:

Just go on with your writing therapy! ;)
I'll be careful not to step on your toes while you're at it.

Nope, but I have OCD habits.

I don't think if someone can completely say "No". I think normality is very, very rare.

I find the concept of "normality" incredibly interesting... and what you said outlines my reasoning precisely.
How can normal be normal if it's so special? Isn't being slightly f*cked up normal? :)

By the way, I was diagnosed as ADHD when I was young, but that's bullox, I was just bored and needed attention. As soon as I found an outlet (music) I was fine.
Perhaps the only thing I have close to a mental disorder, is that I don't suffer fools and I look at things at face value, where the consensus seems to be "put on those rose glasses and take a second look".
[edit]Oh, I also always have to win and I'm an extreme perfectionist... I think that that makes me a lil crazy too, atleast I'm sure some doc could find a category to slap me under for it.[/edit]

I think, wait scratch that, I know, humanity over diagnoses itself in the search for uniformity in order to "fit in". This pisses me off, almost as much as the "we are all special" troop, and extreme religious people.

Last edited:
I understand what you are saying.
There is a clear line of illness

So you suffer from it so you can't function normaly into every day life then there is a problem

Do you not suffer then there is obviously no problem just characteristics or something in that order

Some people mistook this thread's topic with a discussion about the philosophical definition of "normality".

Let me tell you, it's not about whether you consider yourself normal or not.
It's about whether you live your life without some psychological nuisance making it harder than it should be.

There's medication for most conditions - just make sure you take yours if you have been prescribed it. ;)

Some people mistook this thread's topic with a discussion about the philosophical definition of "normality".

Let me tell you, it's not about whether you consider yourself normal or not.
It's about whether you live your life without some psychological nuisance making it harder than it should be.

indeed thank you

Answered no, not because I don't think I do but because I'm not aware of one that adversely affects who I want to be. Either I've adjusted my life around any illness I may have or any illness, if there, is part of who I am and want to be. Noone's ever medically diagnosed me.

I find it difficult to accept any contemporary view on what mental illness is because I don't understand who is defining what it is and think perhaps many thought to be mental illnesses are just people struggling to be who they want to be in a world telling everyone who they can and can't be and how they can and can't be.

Were the Romans mentally ill because they accepted slavery and war as a sociable and a necessary part of life? Or were the flat earth believers mentally ill for destroying anyone who questioned it? Are environmentalists who oppose backburning and thus allow bushfires that can't be fought back effectively by firefighters mentally ill?

I really don't know what mental illness is. Does that make me mentally ill? :ahh:

May I remind you that our contemporary views on sicknesses are based on science, as opposed to personal opinions or dogmas?

If the patient suffers, then there undoubtedly is a problem.
Now diagnosis... that's a different story I'm afraid.

Maybe I should clarify with an example:

A shy person may have trouble relating to others.
Society isn’t well adapted for his or her personality.
His brain may work perfectly well.
Ex: Artists, Writers, Nerds, etc.
Treatment: Practice and counseling.

A person with Asperger’s Syndrome has serious difficulties relating to others.
His mind isn’t well configured for social interaction.
His brain is sure to present anomalies on various levels.
Ex: Insufficient mirror neurons, under/overdeveloped brain areas.
Treatment: Meds and therapy.

Mental illnesses aren’t a struggle, they’re a torture.

I really don't know what mental illness is. Does that make me mentally ill? :ahh:

no. should make you happy ;)

mental illness is a serious thing, and affected ppl suffer real hard.
ofc the phrase 'we're all crazy' is true, but that's not the same as real illness (such as borderline, depressivity, schizophrenia etc..).
these ilnesses are extremely hard to understand for non-affected ppl (took me many years to get a concept how to cope with it, even though the persons affected are *very* close to me), so i ask everyone here to carefully think about comments.. thx.

Back