Merry Mayhem 2008

i think its great.

however, i wonder if the 26-70 grouping isnt too large both in the number covered and the actual range of ability? also i think a feff should count for more points than an argo - shouldnt it be tied to HP?

i agree middle group is way too large. very very!maybe split it in half.

and one question. are teams aloowed?

Damnnn again a cool event coming up. Altho i do agree with some ppl that Feffoid should give more points than Argonauts.
Mid/High level Argo spots are going to be veryveryvery crowded considering id think over half of EU players are between levels 26 and 70.

Sounds good so far. :silly2: And oh lawl, I can partake as well. Just give me a moment to try to replenish my PED card. ;)

(Also, I heard you'll be improving and introducing new spawns for the selected creatures. Will you also improve their loots? Just wonderin'. :laugh: )

EDIT: LOL @ thread tags... :lolup:

Last edited:
oOoOoOo you found another way to get me to continue depositing through the end of the year....i was going to be done for a while after this 3x skill.....

hmmm time to shoot some animals again

woowoooo

ahh sucks, looks like i wont be able to kill lots of things then, no ped left after the 3x skill event. And no ped till next year now :( if i had known this a little sooner i most likely would have not spent it all already

Excellent improvements from last year ...

But i have a stupid question regarding the prizes ...

If the famous "Mayhem Harness" is exactly what i think (a new armor part) ... does that mean we will need 7 years to see a complete set ingame or do you plan to run multiple Mayhem Events in 2009 :scratch2:

Are there 3 winners in all categories for each profession?

Bones

There are 10 winners for each category. The top 3 of each get uber prizes.

Great initiative FPC :)

Wow:wtg: very cool MA, guess i have to prepare myself as upcoming Landlord..P;)
Would be cool if we could have a ingame timer that indicated time spent in event that could help us keep track.
Anyway gl all that participate.

Looks like a great event is comming!:yay:
I will not participate thou', probably low on ped, but mostly due to
I have too much skills for my crappy gear, since there is no way I
can hunt the mobs I qualify for... :D

To everyone participating: Good luck and may best kills win... ;)

:thumbup:

and probably a little :wtg: as well. If only I weren't away for that period :rolleyes:

Pssst, Frank, any chance of a similar mid-year event? For me? Pretty purlease? Huh? Huh? Please? :D

That's awesome, thanks FPC!

Low Level: Highest Professional Standing 0 – 25, including Level 25.
Medium Level: Highest Professional Standing 26 – 70, including Level 70.
High Level: Highest Professional Standing 71+

The creatures assigned to each category are:

Low Level: Cornundacauda & Exarosaur
Medium Level: Argonauts & Feffoid
High Level: Chomper & Falxangius

Could I suggest,

Low Level 0 - 24 - Cornundacauda & Exarosaur
Average Level 25 - 49 - Argonauts & Drones (Similar HP) lots of locations
Medium Level 50 - 69 - Ambulimax & Feffoids (Similar HP) lots of locations
High Level - 70+ Chompers & Falx

Prizes,

Low - Boar, Bear, Nemesis or Vigi.
Average - Tiger, Jag, Boar
Medium - LA, Angel, Tiger
High - LA, LA, Shadow

I *feel* that would be more suitable to meet the community's needs in what is realistically achievable within those profession levels. Prizes are fair too into what mobs & HP/PED is involved per kill.

Last edited:
Cynic mode enabled
MA must be seriously short of cash to run a third event so quickly!
Cynic mode disabled

Argonauts are going to become an endangered species, feffoids are an adjusted mob and the 25-70 pro standing are the majority of people in EU so I'm expecting to see plenty of action around Twin and south of Hades.

I do agree the 25-70 band is way too big and should be split in two but I'd rather have it like that than compete against the ubers.

Dear Frank, would it be possible to add a bit of randomness ? Its very hard for people to win unless they have one of the very best guns in any catagory, with weapons like mod merc its impossible for other to compete even with the very best L variants ? If for example globals or ubers gave a bonus it would add some randomness and "fairness" IMHO

Low Level 0 - 29 - Cornundacauda & Exarosaur
Average Level 30 - 49 - Argonauts & Drones (Similar HP) lots of locations

my thoughts exactly :wise: the middle group needs to be split

Yeh, nice competition, in which i will not participate, unless my gf gives me teh boot, and my family rejects me...

Because if i do take part, that will happen as a result...

On a side note, ill bet the mountains near twin peaks will be a bit crowded :laugh:

Wow, this sounds too good to be true, I can actually get something out of this event. I am in the bottom of the medium category though, so I don't expect anything as I probably won't be killing many stalkers, but ill do my very best.

wow this looks great, im stoked nice work FPC

A wish for this event that would really kick this event to the top would be a leaderboard so you could see your current place and maybe top ten. :)

ROFL

I need to do chompers & Falx - mobs I cant do without - POE :D

run a third event so quickly!

I think in the excitement of Marco's Robot event, not a lot of planning was done in the december mayhem to consider our dried up PED balances having them so close together and with most having to do RL Xmas shopping at the same time :) {Time ot tax the size of your gifts to others :silly2:}

I guess we should all take note to put some money away for 2009 Merry Mayhem if you fall into this category :)

Robot PoE armor, now nice top end armors and LAs for merry mayhem :yay:

Grats to all the winners of this special yearly event.

i think its great.

however, i wonder if the 26-70 grouping isnt too large both in the number covered and the actual range of ability? also i think a feff should count for more points than an argo - shouldnt it be tied to HP?

Could I suggest,

Low Level 0 - 29 - Cornundacauda & Exarosaur
Average Level 30 - 49 - Argonauts & Drones (Similar HP) lots of locations

Prizes,

As stated for Low.
Average - Angel, Tiger, Jag
Medium - LA, Angel, Tiger
High - LA, LA, Shadow

I *feel* that would be more suitable to meet the community's needs in what is realistically achievable within those profession levels. Prizes are fair too into what mobs & HP/PED is involved per kill.

Agreed - the middle level is going to be HUGE

Maybe move the middle level starting point to level 40? Or what Lava said.

There is a WORLD of difference between level 26 and level 70

Wow:wtg: very cool MA, guess i have to prepare myself as upcoming Landlord..P;)
Would be cool if we could have a ingame timer that indicated time spent in event that could help us keep track.
Anyway gl all that participate.

we do have a time tracker ingame
as i understand it the whole time loged in counts to the event

great idea

:yay: event event event ... go for popcorn

Rules
During the 6 day event period, a participant may only compete for a total of 36 hours, with a maximum of 12 hours per 24 hour period beginning on December 26th at 18:00 UTC. If you decide to use this 12 hour option at any point, it must be followed directly by 12 hours of rest i.e. no logged-in time. As this rule is verified by checking logged-in time for each participant, your total Entropia logged in time must not exceed these restrictions if you wish to enter the event.

No skill chipping is allowed between December 26th 18:00 UTC and December 31st 18:00 UTC for participants in this event.

All participants remain in the category they begin with for the duration of the event, regardless of leveling-up that may occur.

MindArk will monitor the competition closely to ensure a fair event for all participants.

Any breech of the rules stated will result in immediate disqualification.
Cool.

But I do think the difference between 26-70 might be a little bit to much.
As max dam sec at 26 is like 50 and at 70 127 with L guns.

Id say 26-50 and 50-70 as a new category.

Very nice event, I'll be in a tropical place in a hammock instead of behind my computer screen during this period so I'm passing on this one.

+rep at the person who tagged the thread with "Argo Rights" and "Violation" :D

/Slupor

Two points I make.

1. The dates are really messed up. Who has time to spend so much time online at that time? FPC should be kinder to it's user base and set a more human time frame. Start at Jan 2nd would be a lot better IMHO.
  2. The prizes are way too steep. I don't know what a mayhem harness is, but the ability to win a full set of Jaguar at level 20 by killing exarosaurs? I am considering to chip out just so I can compete on that level. For my example prize table, see below;
Low Level
1. Mayhem Harness +
Full set of Boar Armor
2. Mayhem Harness + Full set of Bear Armor
3. Mayhem Harness + Full set of Nemesis Armor
4. Mayhem Harness
etc

Medium level
1. Mayhem Harness +
Full set of Angel Armor
2. Mayhem Harness + Full set of Jaguar Armor
3. Mayhem Harness +
Full set of Boar Armor
4. Mayhem Harness
etc

High Level
1. Mayhem Harness + Land Area
2. Mayhem Harness + Full set of Shadow Armor
3. Mayhem Harness + Full set of Angel Armor
4. Mayhem Harness
etc

Indeed the 26 - 70 lvl is to big... I vote for an extra mid lvl 26 - 45 and 46 - 70.

I know we need more prices, but he in the end its just pixels

Back