Merry Mayhem 2008

Frank|SDS

Guardian
Society
Freelancer
NOTE: THIS IS A DISCUSSION THREAD. FOR THE FINALIZED DETAILS AND RULES; PLEASE VISIT

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/mindark-news/137601-merry-mayhem-2008-a.html

Hi everyone,
First Planet Company are currently preparing for the annual Merry Mayhem event. We’ve made some improvements on last years event, and want to run this draft by the community to get feedback and have a discussion. Here are the details - we welcome your comments. The event will be officially announced next week.

Event Description
The Merry mayhem event is an annual hunting event on Planet Calypso where points are awarded to participants based upon specific creature kills during a specified time period. Participants with the most kill-points are awarded special prizes.

Event Dates
December 26th 18:00 UTC until December 31st 18:00 UTC

Winners Announcement
January 2nd 2009

Prize Ceremony
Date and location to be announced on January 2nd.

Competition Structure
The competition will have three separate categories. Category qualification will be based upon a participant’s highest Professional Standing from the following qualification list:

BLP Sniper (Hit)
BLP Pistoleer (Hit)
Laser Sniper (Hit)
Laser Pistoleer (Hit)
Swordsman (Hit)
Knife Fighter (Hit)
Brawler (Hit)

Your highest Professional Standing from the qualification list will determine which of the following categories you qualify for:

Low Level: Highest Professional Standing 0 – 25, including Level 25.
Medium Level: Highest Professional Standing 26 – 70, including Level 70.
High Level: Highest Professional Standing 71+

The category you qualify for at the beginning of the competition is the category you must remain in for the entire competition, regardless of whether you level up to a new category or not.

The creatures assigned to each category are:

Low Level: Cornundacauda & Exarosaur
Medium Level: Argonauts & Feffoid
High Level: Chomper & Falxangius

Existing spawns of all these creatures will be enhanced as well as new spawns introduced.

Points will be awarded to participants based upon the maturity of creatures killed as follows:

Young – 1 point
Mature – 2 points
Old – 3 points
Provider – 4 points
Guardian – 5 points
Dominant – 6 points
Alpha – 7 points
Old Alpha – 8 points
Prowler – 9 points
Stalker – 10 points

Prizes
10 Prizes will be awarded to the participants that accumulate the highest points within each category. Prizes are as follows:

Low Level
1. Mayhem Harness + Full set of Jaguar Armor
2. Mayhem Harness + Full set of Boar Armor
3. Mayhem Harness + Full set of Bear Armor
4. Mayhem Harness
5. Mayhem Harness
6. Mayhem Harness
7. Mayhem Harness
8. Mayhem Harness
9. Mayhem Harness
10. Mayhem Harness

Medium level
1. Mayhem Harness + Land Area
2. Mayhem Harness + Full set of Angel Armor
3. Mayhem Harness + Full set of Jaguar Armor
4. Mayhem Harness
5. Mayhem Harness
6. Mayhem Harness
7. Mayhem Harness
8. Mayhem Harness
9. Mayhem Harness
10. Mayhem Harness

High Level
1. Mayhem Harness+ Land Area
2. Mayhem Harness + Land Area
3. Mayhem Harness + Full set of Shadow Armor
4. Mayhem Harness
5. Mayhem Harness
6. Mayhem Harness
7. Mayhem Harness
8. Mayhem Harness
9. Mayhem Harness
10. Mayhem Harness

Rules
During the 6 day event period, a participant may only compete for a total of 36 hours, with a maximum of 12 hours per 24 hour period beginning on December 26th at 18:00 UTC. If you decide to use this 12 hour option at any point, it must be followed directly by 12 hours of rest i.e. no logged-in time. As this rule is verified by checking logged-in time for each participant, your total Entropia logged in time must not exceed these restrictions if you wish to enter the event.

No skill chipping is allowed between December 26th 18:00 UTC and December 31st 18:00 UTC for participants in this event.

All participants remain in the category they begin with for the duration of the event, regardless of leveling-up that may occur.

MindArk will monitor the competition closely to ensure a fair event for all participants.

Any breech of the rules stated will result in immediate disqualification.

Last edited:
Love it :yay:

Sounds great - Good choice of mobs, and great prizes...

I may struggle to locate a Feff Prowler or an Argonaut Stalker, but luckily I think I know what you mean ;)

Bring it on! :thumbup:

Hi everyone,
First Planet Company are currently preparing for the annual Merry Mayhem event. We’ve made some improvements on last years event, and want to run this draft by the community to get feedback and have a discussion. Here are the details - we welcome your comments. The event will be officially announced next week.
No 5x skill gain bonus? :( :D

Comes with a big plus from me for a fairly designed event with some nice prizes attached to each category :)

Well done.

Sparkz

This looks friggen awesome. I would say a big improvement on last year. Plus rep FPC :silly2:

Very interesting and seems very fair for all levels.

nice effort and interesting prizes.

Kill Kill Kill

:yay: yup lock and load :laugh:
Can we check our position when the event is running ?
About the time :
i. ) Can it show us warning message before time limit exceeds ?

I wanna be at least 10th position. ( Hope i can do it ).
From my opinion medium level range is okay cause the prize section got Land Area.

Last edited:
Very Nice!! I like the improvements from last years competition :yay: Hunting Exa's only last year was very boring. The only question I have is about the Argo/Feff maturity, as they don't have "Alpha", "Dominant", "Prowler"... But rather Berserker, Outcast, Hunter, Warlord... Will those maturities get a point value as well? or Are they excluded from the competition all together?

Other than that, I have no further questions at this time and look forward to participating :dance:

Best of Luck to all those who are participating!!!

Young – 1 point / Feff - Outcast
Mature – 2 points / Argo - Adult / Feff - Bandit

etc etc

You may want to update the listing for clarity for all Frank :)

Sparkz

Questions

Do we have to register somewhere for this event , and if not how will the points be tallied . Sounds like a great event .

Sounds great - liking the prizes this year! Big improvement!

Are there 3 winners in all categories for each profession?

Bones

Oh now this looks good :yay:

Nice one :wtg:

Might it be worth noting the points per maturity for the middle level mobs too?

The only question I have is about the Argo/Feff maturity, as they don't have "Alpha", "Dominant", "Prowler"... But rather Berserker, Outcast, Hunter, Warlord... Will those maturities get a point value as well? or Are they excluded from the competition all together?

Maturity follows the same rules, same as like robot gens 01 - 10;

A Robot Gen 02 is the same maturity as a Animal Mob Mature / Agronaut Adult / Feffoid Bandit / etc

Argo
http://www.entropiawiki.com/Info.aspx?chart=Mob&id=5

Feff
http://www.entropiawiki.com/Info.aspx?chart=Mob&id=29

Allright, I'm am soooo, going for this :)

Do we have to register somewhere for this event , and if not how will the points be tallied . Sounds like a great event .

Last year you kept track of your own points... then again it was alot easier Since Exa's=1 point Atrox=3 and the Uber mob=10

MA kept a close watch on everyone's time and points... You really had to account for the time it took for logging in/logging out as to avoid getting disqualified.

Hopefully there will some improvement in that area as well now that each maturity has it's own point value*Hint Hint*;) Like a Leader Board or a personal score board to at least keep track of your points/time.

Do we have to register somewhere for this event , and if not how will the points be tallied . .

No registering required - they can just Tell what you kill...

Big Brother ftw ;)

What would happen if one where to ascend to the skill requirements of a higher category during the event?

i think its great.

however, i wonder if the 26-70 grouping isnt too large both in the number covered and the actual range of ability? also i think a feff should count for more points than an argo - shouldnt it be tied to HP?

What would happen if one where to ascend to the skill requirements of a higher category during the event?

Nothing, you stay within the group you started.

The category you qualify for at the beginning of the competition is the category you must remain in for the entire competition, regardless of whether you level up to a new category or not.

All participants remain in the category they begin with for the duration of the event, regardless of leveling-up that may occur.

i think its great.

however, i wonder if the 26-70 grouping isnt too large?

I thought that too

There is going to be one hell of alot of people in that category :p

Anyone know what day roughly this is going to start on? I wont have any ped till the 9th so may have to do my 36 hours in the last 3 days of the event :D

Same as last year I would imagine ;) Done automatically as you kill em. :)

Nothing, you stay within the group you started.

Aha I guess I should have read more carefully..

Btw damn... I wont get any money until the 30th... Why couldn't they have this event in early January.. as I guess many have depleted their funds on the 3x skill bonus period + buying Christmas presents..

Rules

During the 6 day event period, a participant may only compete for a total of 36 hours, with a maximum of 12 hours per 24 hour period beginning on December 26th at 18:00 UTC. ...

is the consumed time displayed somewhere or has everybody to take note?

For me the 36 hours are to much since I can't hunt 6 hours a day for 6 days, but I guess this event is addressed to the hardcore players.

omg...a competition were everybody has a chance of winning :yay:

Good goin MA...

Merry Christmas all

Miggo

I thought that too

There is going to be one hell of alot of people in that category :p

Anyone know what day roughly this is going to start on? I wont have any ped till the 9th so may have to do my 36 hours in the last 3 days of the event :D

Read the 1st post

Event Dates
December 26th 18:00 UTC until December 31st 18:00 UTC

Winners Announcement
January 2nd 2009

Prize Ceremony
Date and location to be announced on January 2nd.

Definitely an improvement, imo, from last year.

Good job frankie and friends. :thumbup:

ps-those armors .. are they .. (L) or UL ? :eek:

Back