Merry Mayhem Best Hunters

Status
yes, we want to see atleast top10 list with points...
maybe if people start sending supportcase it will happen..

Maybe if people just calmed down and gave MA time to prepare a bloody list... sheeeshhhh

Merry Mayhem Best Hunters
1 Jan 2008

Government Officials have now begun compiling their report, and can already announce the top three hunters for their impressive skills in culling Calypso's wild herds:

1st. Patrik Stormer Deluxe
2nd. Stoikow Stoikow Mudorow
3rd. Jenna Star Mercury

Officials are now busy compiling and distributing rewards for these achievements, so it only remains to wish all of Calypso's colonists, old and new, a very Happy New Year.

Originally Posted Here

well i predicted:

Skalman
Stormer
Mercury

not in that order.. 2 out of 3 not bad tho

Gratz to the winners you put alot of time and ped into the event.

BUT.... did anyone really expect a non uber to stand a chance?..

to quote a cliche... Rich get richer lol

Gtz again good persistence and welldone

gratz mod merc user.
gratz mod merc user.
gratz foeripper user.

Thanks, was wandering that! :D

You could also add, "with the skills to use them!" ;)

Last edited:
gratz just wish it were me lol

BIG Gratz to the winners !!!!

A question:

What mob types did the top trio concentrate on? I assume it wasn't Exarosaur; but was it Atrox or Mulaak'f? :confused:

Hey I think for Stormer it was exactly that, damn lot of Exa, have seen several globals by Stormer ingame with Exa!

Don´t know what Stoikov hunted.

Star we all know a lot of Mul´f then skipped to Atrox, maybe to late as he surely wanted to win and not be third place ;)
Ok if there would have been some points for Neomavens it would have worked with Mul´f, too :cool:

Hope there comes a scoreboard soon, as I would like to see where my third favorite ended up, as he didn´t manage to be Top3.

MA isnt going to post hundreds of avatars scores, though the winners wouldnt be amiss.

Don't know why not, actually. the data is there.

I was never really a contender in the contest, but would really like to see what my own count was.

I think I ended up DQ'd cos third day I was over the 6 hours, and was getting bored with killing 'trox.

Maybe if people just calmed down and gave MA time to prepare a bloody list... sheeeshhhh

They will wait and hope ppl forget.
Thats what they always do!

Officials are now busy compiling and distributing rewards for these achievements, so it only remains to wish all of Calypso's colonists, old and new, a very Happy New Year.

Another thing!

Would like MA give us not only a scoreboard of the actuall Leaders and maybe Top100, it would also be nice to know if there are some DQed players that have made more points than actual winners!
Additional Info about how much over time this DQed persons are would be nice!

Plz give us a nice report about this Event outcome!

GG for the Winners.

Big gratz to the winners! Make good use of those nice prizes!

MA on the other hand could have done better or different. Maybe next time or next event they`ll please the lot of us. The winners took what they were given and rightly so. If nothing else we can hope it`s all part of the development and learning curve the unfolding of Entropia takes. I`ll look forward to seeing what lies ahead.

Yeah a scoreboard would be very cool to see.

Sincere gratz to the winners, not many doubt about.

But..........................................
HEY BERTHA,
WTF, LOTS OF PPL SPENT GEAR MONEY AND BLOOD TO DO THEIR BEST.
SO, PLEASE GET OFF THE FUCKING COMPLETE SCOREBOARD POSSIBLY WITH MOBS AND POINTS.

THX A LOT

Hi All,

First of all the positive part of this post.....

Gratz to the winners or more specifically the IRL people behind the winning avatars - the amount of time and effort put into the event deserves some recognition and those prizes are as good as any :)

Sadly here are my 2pecs on the not so positive....

Alot of other people have shown equal, if not more dedication than the winners but they simply didn't have the resources - it was a forgone conclusion that in an event where maximum firepower and the peds needed to sustain it for so long that ubers would be the winners, the only real mystery was which ones.

Also it seems that by some of the posts here and chats in game that the darker side of human nature rears its ugly head and when the stakes are high people will do anything, even if it is "unsporting" to say the least - shame really that people feel the need to act this way.

For the record i didnt take part in the event so this isnt a sour grapes type rant either, just one persons honest thoughts on an event that with a little more forward thinking from MA and better "behaviour" from certain participants could have been so spot on.

Cheers
TJ

Thanks, was wandering that! :D

You could also add, "with the skills to use them!" ;)

well, in stormer's whine whine blah blah avery is ruining my event post, he was using a mod merc in those posted screenies, not his ancient mk2. i hunt next to stoikow at times in dome 4 and he uses a merc unless i am completely mistaken. and star uses a mod teg / foeripper combo, although i doubt the mod teg was used on atrox youngs, would have been a bitch to walk over to them to loot them. and ofc, having the skills to use these guns is what determined this win for all three. these are three of the highest skilled avas that exist in game, hands down.

i suspect star's tragic downfall here was choosing to at time go for mulaak's when the other two stayed focused on pulling down atrox youngs as fast and furiously as possible. i suspect the fact that he bounced over to atrox is the reason we don't see skalman's name in the third position, instead of stars.

hawk uses a mod merc and so does amber. i heard da was using rei's gun as well. and i'm sure all of them almost kept up. but this was never anything but a 66 hour marathon grinding session between 10 avatars in game, if they chose to go for it. had neo competed, nobody with a mod merc or foeripper would have been able to beat the terminator. plain and simple. in a contest between mod merc owners, you would expect those with the highest stats to win. that extra little bit of min damage, that high crit chance, all translates to a few quicker kills here and there over 66 hours of hunting.

and as i said, anybody with a lesser gun, my i2870 included, was simply kidding themselves if they thought they could compete with the top of the food chain in this field. that said, i hope mind ark gives you guys a list, so next time a contest is fired off like this, you won't loose 1k peds a day trying to win something you can't win with anything but top gear and maxed skills.

i'm both very happy i didn't compete in this event and happy for the winners that did. gratz to all three of you guys, for putting your best foot forward. i take my hat off for the dedication and hard work that made up the last 10 days of your life to put you in the top three. that, in itself, is uber.

Kudos to the 3 winners, I'm sure they spent ton 'o time and ped and deserved the prizes for busting their rumps to win. (Also must've killed them to only log 6 hours a day)

Yes, it would be nice to see who came the top 10/100/whatever.

Don't know why not, actually. the data is there.

just realism. Marco posted the method/algorithm by which the winners would be indentified (find highest score, check for 6 hour limit, if ok then win, else move to next highest scorer) which suggest once the winners are identified the query/program would stop and no further processing would be made.

What were our points? What about the rest of the people's points?

THANK YOU!
Exactly my point. I'm not saying the top 3 didn't win, but I am saying manic should have either won or seen the score he made. This is ridiculous, MA just picks these winners without telling anybody the scores. I want to know how close manic got to winning! We spent hours herding, he budgeted the time carefully making sure he did not get disqualified. I want to know why we didn't win, how close we got to winning, etc.
Where are the scores? Show me the numbers!
Sorry, just a little frustrated right now :(

Thanks, and I could not have said this better!!!! :)

i'm both very happy i didn't compete in this event and happy for the winners that did. gratz to all three of you guys, for putting your best foot forward. i take my hat off for the dedication and hard work that made up the last 10 days of your life to put you in the top three. that, in itself, is uber.

p.s. thought I stupidly did compete in the event :p

and as i said, anybody with a lesser gun, my i2870 included, was simply kidding themselves if they thought they could compete with the top of the food chain in this field. that said, i hope mind ark gives you guys a list, so next time a contest is fired off like this, you won't loose 1k peds a day trying to win something you can't win with anything but top gear and maxed skills.

U realy right here. They have all guns at 9000 $ average. But what about players who spent money like mad men and time for this event ?

Seriousely its a real rip off lol. NEXT TIME DUDES, DONT GO STRAIGHT IN THIS TRAP. LET THE "UBERS" fight between them.

And since its close to impossible to reach "max skill" or looting MM, the major part off the participants have been ripped off.

What an exemple of mass manipulation...

Last edited:
Thanks, and I could not have said this better!!!! :)

p.s. thought I stupidly did compete in the event :p

At that point they removed the 24/7/10 and limited to 6 hrs, I knew I wouldnt ever be able to beat anyone with more dmg/sec than me, and in that time period I was just hunting everything else (losing bigtime), but then again - I didn't fool myself I had any chance :D

MindArk, when will any event appear that everyone actually has an option to participate in? :scratch2: Sofar with all events I think back at - has been something for ubers or their uber guns. :mad:

MindArk, when will any event appear that everyone actually has an option to participate in? :scratch2: Sofar with all events I think back at - has been something for ubers or their uber guns. :mad:

there were an event were everybody had a chance dude. The robot event.

Gratz, awardees.

A full tally sheet of participant scores would be nice so that those who tried could see how they did.

AG

gratz to the winners :)

I will Congratulate the winners the day MA shows reliable logs of atleast top25

Status
Back