MiningMaps: New Product from Entropia Outfitters

any new or intermediate miners like a map or two?

:)
darri

...weekend is here. :yay:

I don't mean to offend or anything.. But didn't you see from all the comments that this idea is pretty disliked? lol..

It might work well in other games.. But the mining system in Entropia is to dynamic for this to be anything more than a rip-off XD..

Have you thought about creating a few mining maps that display what kind of ore/enmatter can be found where. And the frequency of said ores/enmatter. And at what depth ranges.

That kind of a map would be much more welcomed and useful to miners.. And also give new miners some solid facts about finding ores/enmatter.

Cheers.

Nope, no offense. ;)

The maps do show what you are talking about.... but it is probably harder for you to speak specifically about them without seeing them. i understand that.

And I do take all feedback as constructive. Feedback from the folks that have purchased the maps have been positive so far. But I will have to gauge that product like all others, by sales and satisfaction over time.

I will likely be starting different threads focusing on beginner or intermediate miners to see if they find the maps useful.

Thanks for the feedback Koister.
talk again soon,
darri

Nope, no offense. ;)

The maps do show what you are talking about.... but it is probably harder for you to speak specifically about them without seeing them. i understand that.

And I do take all feedback as constructive. Feedback from the folks that have purchased the maps have been positive so far. But I will have to gauge that product like all others, by sales and satisfaction over time.

I will likely be starting different threads focusing on beginner or intermediate miners to see if they find the maps useful.

Thanks for the feedback Koister.
talk again soon,
darri

Yeah it is hard to see from just the description lol.

You've gotten sales on it already? I'm shocked lol.

Well.. Good luck to you :)

New Maps in production... :)

will update when they are ready.

darri

:dunno: IMHO I don't really give in to 'hearsay' till I work it out for myself.

I am actually interested in the maps just coz a lot of data is worked into and I don't have the time to spend on searching through all the data available in EF and when I wanna go for a quick run just use it as a reference (merely).

However, having said that I am not willing to pay 19.95 for each map..which is 199/200 ped in game so multiply that by 3 = 600 peds which is 600 bombs...now from a regular players point of view I would rather spend the money on 600 Bombs which might even give me a few HOFs/Globals to make up for the money. If it was $19.95... for the whole batch... you've got a customer :yay:

I think you need to justify the costs for a product, not merely name a price. I do believe you have spent a fair amount of time and effort so no arguements there. Just a suggestion as remember - '0' customers @ 19.95 = '0'... '100' customers @ 2 = '200'... have a think :D

...that is great feedback, Sunny. We are discussing options for a series of maps for a single price or maybe other ways for folks to see if the MiningMaps are valuable to them.

Price point is always the toughest thing to settle on however, atm EntropiaOutfitters.com sponsors many events at which we give out up to 50% off coupons for any purchase at the site(MiningMaps, hats, Tshirts, bottle openers). There are other prizes and promotions too like the Partner Program which 10%-20% off all the time.

...and the latest idea was to further network with highly skilled and experienced miners to provide a higher volume of miningmaps with the exact level of detail as the original ones so that they can make a commission on the sales of the maps they provide.

All and all, this niche market is still growing and learning so I very much appreciate your help. PM me with additional ideas or to network with Entropia Outfitters.

darri
:)

Hello again, everyone. :D

...yep, the MiningMaps are still out there. ;)

#4 should be ready soon.

darri
:D

...ping from GEN CON. :D

i just went to look is website and my computer froze, i got a warning about some inject-code malware...

i tried again, and it was all fine... weird...

i just went to look is website and my computer froze, i got a warning about some inject-code malware...

i tried again, and it was all fine... weird...

Seriously?? :scratch2:

That's not cool... calling my host now!

thx, mate.
darri

Hmm, just seems like a nice little information package. I don't think its anything you cant find on entropedia or sites like that, but perhaps its nice for quick referance and analysis use. Im interested, price seems a bit steep though for what it is.

Hmm, just seems like a nice little information package. I don't think its anything you cant find on entropedia or sites like that, but perhaps its nice for quick referance and analysis use. Im interested, price seems a bit steep though for what it is.

Yes, some great analysis in the package.

Also, as part of all the Conventions going on now... Entropia Outfitters is advertizing a discount coupon for anyone to use on any item on the site for 25% off.

25% Discount Code: EOCOUP2008
Valid thru December 31, 2008.

Hope this helps in your decision. ;)

darri

...not bad for a coupon. :D

...it is Monday again.... :rolleyes:

....bump for last week. ;)

...Fridays are good. :D

Im a new miner and already to get a good run I like to mine both cost me 150PED not including anything extra, thats $15, which can offer me a return from 50% to over 100%...

These maps although look neat and flashy seem like a jipp. Offering this map wont be able to provide a new person with anything that they couldn't get off forums or entropedia or NRF.

The game to me seems pretty random as in I drop bombs and there may or not be claims, and then theres certain areas that will have better chance to yield better results, thats my belief and I know there are plenty of beliefs out there....

Your map cant guarentee anything, and this none guarentee comes at a high price. Id hope new miners would avoid this and check out all the free resources and then obviously grab some bombs/probes and get a feel for the mining and such...

I like how I cant setup a "personal bank" because MA see's it as a scam while this map can be sold at $20 a piece and offers nothing but claims logged (and people saying theres not many claims which doesn't help)

if you were not charging 20 dollars for this i would laugh cause this is a joke,a very bad joke, but a joke still..

just looking at the amount of claims shows the run cost less than 20 dollars to do and the miner that did this run got loot in return..

the only niche i see for this product is ripping off idiots and if thats a niche you want to fill..well..what can i say :p

if you charged 50pec or something in that price range it might..just might be reasonable..

but as it stands in my view this is as bad as standing in PA selling TT gear at +100 to noobs...

Whats fun is if you look at all the NSF data from any kind of objective point of view, the concept of "veins" isn't valid anymore. Actually the old "veins" that existed in beta period that people still harp on hasn't existed in YEARRRS. Since these PDF's talk about veins, I'm 100% sure it's NOT going to improve your mining ability or yields. It's a scam, plain and simple. Plenty of data out there with the NSF database and wiki and these forums to know how to start mining (when your not likely to find anything rare, and SHOULDN'T go looking). Little tip, when you start look for quantity of claims not rarity of resources. Also be careful not to buy into the whole "vein" and other asinine theories.

My mining guide for beginners (100% free!)

As for the legal issues, I'd imagine your not much of a threat for MA to actually spend a dime on yet, but I wouldn't hope to remain under their threshold on cost vs. reward forever. :rolleyes:

S
C
A
M

(in the nicest possible way :cool:)

It amazes me how forum owner and moderators allow such scam attempt to be hosted here...

Dissapointed, since all of them are experienced players, they should know instantly that Its an exploitation of new players/naive players at best... scam simply put.

Just look what happened to the computers with swarowski crystals selling thread in outfitters section... locked to be forgotten or w/e. Locked by the thread starter that is... not by moderators or 711.

Cheers,
Robo

It amazes me how forum owner and moderators allow such scam attempt to be hosted here...

Dissapointed, since all of them are experienced players, they should know instantly that Its an exploitation of new players/naive players at best... scam simply put.

Just look what happened to the computers with swarowski crystals selling thread in outfitters section... locked to be forgotten or w/e. Locked by the thread starter that is... not by moderators or 711.

Cheers,
Robo

They do have a disclaimer on the site that sells the maps. etc etc :)

S
C
A
M

(in the nicest possible way :cool:)

Raeky,

You are certainly entitled to your personal opinion, but take into account:
1. We have been providing this service for 8 months
2. We have many customers
3. We have repeat customers
4. We are releasing more maps, due to demand
5. Our customers have not complained about the service, in fact I have received positive feedback
6. This is a partnership with a highly reputable vendor (entropiaoutfitters.com), who would never be associated with a scam
7. We are active on the boards (EF) and provide a wealth of information about the service and mining in general

I am not here to convince you, simply to set the record straight so other can have the full picture.

Cheers.

Raeky,

You are certainly entitled to your personal opinion, but take into account:
1. We have been providing this service for 8 months
2. We have many customers
3. We have repeat customers
4. We are releasing more maps, due to demand
5. Our customers have not complained about the service, in fact I have received positive feedback
6. This is a partnership with a highly reputable vendor (entropiaoutfitters.com), who would never be associated with a scam
7. We are active on the boards (EF) and provide a wealth of information about the service and mining in general

I am not here to convince you, simply to set the record straight so other can have the full picture.

Cheers.

You're welcome to defend it, I expect you to. But it doesn't change the fact that your selling information that is freely available on these forums and or crazy unfounded theories. It's not going to help a new player other then maybe make them quit this game sooner for being scammed. :rolleyes:

Back