Mob Damage Studies - Circa 2008

It may feel odd but this is an expected result - although the mob hits you for only 10 impact, you absorb it with both the armor and the plates so you actually protect 17 Impact, the extra is effectively deducted of the other damage types that aren't protected against

Thanks for the explanation. Good to know that there is a way to protect against different damage types with a set of pixie/goblin/gnome+5a.

We'll have to think up a few more tests to figure out the rest. I can't think of an obvious way to do it (unless you happen to have Thunderbird or Vindicator) but I'll have a think.

Now I think that with Vampire (only stab protection) it is easy. Anyone cares to test or borrow me a set of Vampire for quick test? Taking one-two hits and then measuring decay is enough, the rest is done by math.

Edit: oops not that easy as there will be always protection for 5 stab. But at least with min/max dmg test it is possible.

Thanks for the explanation. Good to know that there is a way to protect against different damage types with a set of pixie/goblin/gnome+5a.

Yes, the way it works does sometimes lead to you effectively protecting against a damage type the armor and plates don't actually protect against. On the downside, if there is no 'spare' damage leftover from other damage types, then you pay extra decay for nothing (eg. someone gets hit for 12 Impact wearing Rascal+5B. The Rascal protects against all 12 Impact so you have a 1.0 hit. However the 5B also protects against all 12 Impact. Thus your decay is roughly double what would be if you were not wearing the plates, even though the damage taken is the same).

Now I think that with Vampire (only stab protection) it is easy. Anyone cares to test or borrow me a set of Vampire for quick test? Taking one-two hits and then measuring decay is enough, the rest is done by math.

I'm not sure it'll work. If Atrax Young does 10 or more Stab then on a min hit it'll do 5 or more Stab. As Vampire only protects 5 Stab, it doesn't help us if the min stab damage is more than 5.

I will add the damage type columns for each maturity in a moment on Entropedia. For now, I will not use the data for armor calculations, as that requires some extra coding, and decay isnt working anyway right now.

Some other points about entropedia: It is possible to mark updates that seem false by pressing the "Mark" button. You can either do this by viewing the history of an individual item, or on the Latest Updates page. Locking certain values thats are proven to be correct seem unnececary to me right now. There is very little abuse at the moment, and with the possibility to mark suspicious updates it seems obsolete. When values are 100% confirmed, it is always possible to add a comment about it on the discussion page.

About the feffoid damage being changed on entropedia, I reviewed the history, and it seems it was me who did that. I changed that while being under the asumption that only residu damage is offered to either plates or armor, which later proved to be a false assumption.

Last edited:
Interesting, what's the story with the Attackers?

There was a discussion in the thread I linked (here) about how Attacker Generation 1s seem to be more dangerous than some higher maturities, which led to a suggestion that their damage had been modified for some reason (possibly because it was too easy to stand in front of one and let it shoot you repeatedly for hours).

The testing that Redfrog did suggested that the standard damage split is 75% burn/25% penetration (so typical bot damage), but the Gen 1 does 100% electric.

There's data in that thread which I've checked (and I think Witte did too?) and it's all sound.

Well if it is the case that different maturities do different damage (and I think i this i strue in a few cases, not just the Attacker 01s) then that makes the current dmg page on wiki a tad more difficult.

I mean under Attackers, you can list it 25/75 pen/burn, but then the 01 info gets lost in the noise.

And as I said, I'm pretty sure other mobs have maturity issues. For example argo youngs are more difficult then argo scouts. (Not that they're hard mobs, but still...)

Oh well, this is the system that MA created. It's our job to figure it out and work with it.

Yeah its a complex one. I guess if Attacker turn out to be an odd case, a note somewhere in their description will suffice.

Feffoids Solved

Feffoid Raider, Decay Test

Wearing Gremlin, I took 3 hits against a Feffoid Raider:

Code:
Hit    Decay   Absorbed  Impact  Cold  Impact%
-----------------------------------------------
14.3   1.232     16.9     10.9   20.3    34.9
19.7   1.504     19.8     13.8   25.7    34.9
16.0   1.316     17.8     11.8   22.0    34.9

Feffoid Raider does 14, 26 assuming a total of 40 damage as per wiki. (43 total damage and 15, 28 is also mathematically possible)

Naked vs Feffoid Raider

Since 15,28 was slightly closer to the recorded percentage I went to check the max damage.

Min hit: 20.9
Max hit: 39.3

In combination with the above, that's sufficient to determine Raiders hit for 40 damage - 14 Impact, 26 Cold.

Feffoid Warrior, Decay Test

Wearing Gremlin, I took 2 hits against a Feffoid Warrior:

Code:
21.9   1.618     21.0     15.0   ????    ????
18.8   1.538     20.2     14.2   24.8    36.4

Feffoid Warrior does 16 Impact, 28 Cold.

Feffoid Beserker, Decay Test

Wearing Gremlin, I took 2 hits against a Feffoid Beserker

Code:
13.1   1.166     16.2     10.2   19.1    34.8
13.3   1.174     16.3     10.3   19.3    34.8

Feffoid Beserker does 16 Impact, 30 Cold.

Feffoid Hunter, Decay Test

Wearing Gremlin, I took 2 hits against a Feffoid Hunter

Code:
24.3   1.618     21.0     15.0   ????    ????
22.6   1.549     20.3     14.3   28.6    33.3

Feffoid Hunter does 17 Impact, 34 Cold (trusting wiki that max damage is 51. 16 Impact, 32 Cold or 18 Impact, 36 Cold are also viable)

Feffoid Warlord, Decay Test

Wearing Gremlin, I took 2 hits against a Feffoid Warlord

Code:
17.4   1.275     17.4     11.4   23.4    32.8
24.2   1.588     20.7     14.7   30.2    32.7

Feffoid Warlord does 18 Impact, 37 Cold. (trusting wiki that max damage is 55. 17 Impact, 35 Cold or 19 Impact, 39 Cold are also viable)

Feffoid Clan Warlord, Decay Test

Wearing Gremlin, I took 3 hits against a Feffoid Clan Warlord

Code:
27.2   1.618     21.0     15.0   ????    ????
20.9   1.347     18.2     12.2   26.9    31.2
25.8   1.559     20.4     14.4   31.8    31.2

Naked vs Feffoid Clan Warlord

Wiki data for max hit didn't produce plausible results. So went to check it.

Min hit: 30.9
Max hit: 59.5

In combination with the above, that's sufficient to determine Clan Warlords hit for 61 damage - 19 Impact, 42 Cold.

Conclusions

Feffoid Outcast does 10 Impact, 18 Cold. (28)
Feffoid Bandit does 12 Impact, 21 Cold. (33)
Feffoid Guard does 14 Impact, 24 Cold. (38)
Feffoid Raider does 14 Impact, 26 Cold. (40)
Feffoid Warrior does 16 Impact, 28 Cold. (44)
Feffoid Beserker does 16 Impact, 30 Cold. (46)
Feffoid Hunter does 17 Impact, 34 Cold. (51) *
Feffoid Warlord does 18 Impact, 37 Cold. (55) *
Feffoid Champion does 18 Impact, 39 Cold. (57)
Feffoid Clan Warlord does 19 Impact, 42 Cold (61)

* See notes above (other combinations are possible for Hunter and Warlord if wikis max damage numbers are wrong for them. My feeling is these are OK but I haven't checked)

Biggest Impact percentage = Guard at 36.8%
Lowest Impact percentage = Clan Warlord at 31.2%

Daikiba Part I

Naked vs Daikiba Old:

Min Hit: 10.5
Max Hit: 20.5

So Daikiba Old max hit is 21.

Goblin vs Daikiba Old:

Min Hit: 1.0
Max Hit: 8.6

I can't think of any other possible explanation other than Daikiba Old does 21 Impact Damage only.

Naked vs Daikiba Old Alpha:

I got bored after 10 PED of fap decay at which point I had:

Min Hit: 39.7
Max Hit: 76.9

So Old Alpha hits for either 77, 78 or 79.

Ghost vs Daikiba Old Alpha

Code:
Hit    Decay   Absorbed  Impact  Other   Other%
17.3   2.202     26.3    36.3    7.3    16.74
53.8   0.000     00.0    ????    ???    ?????
18.2   2.182     26.4    37.2    7.4    16.59

(second hit was to unarmored feet)

I'll need to verify this, but I think what we have here is:

Daikiba Old Alpha does 78 damage, of which 65 is Impact and 13 is either Cut or Stab (Electric, Burn, Cold are also possible but seem unlikely)

Daikiba Update

Right, stood infront of an Old Alpha some more and got a min hit of 39.4 and a max hit of 77.9 in the end. That confirms 78 as the max damage.

I then went a stood in front of it with Gremlin.

First hit I took was 18.7 (decay 1.693, equivalent to 21.7 damage absorbed) which wasn't interesting. (damage proportions same as above).

Second hit I took was 24.7 with decay 1.994, equivalent to 24.7 damage absorbed. Again damage proportions are as above. Here though I've protected the 15 Impact and another 9.7 damage. This rules out Cold, Electric and Cut leaving Stab or Burn.

6A plates do not decay which elimates Burn. It could in theory have been a combination of Cut and Stab, a hit on 2C decayed 0.168 - equivalent to 3 impact damage absorbed, which rules that out. So:

Daikiba Old Alpha does 65 Impact and 13 Stab.

So another confirmation on top of the Attacker that different mob maturities can actually do different damage types.

Last edited:
Merp Young-Guardian results

Here are the details of test and the results:

1. Merp Young

Naked test: dmg taken min 8.7 max 16.4.

To find out whether merp does only impact and stab, I took two more min/max dmg tests, one in pixie and another in goblin.

Goblin test: dmg taken min 3.6 max 6.9.
Pixie test: dmg taken min 3.6 max 8.1.

Conclusion: Maximum damage 17, as per wiki. Pixie offers same protection against min dmg as goblin does, that is no cut damage. Max impact damage is 10, max stab is 7. Impact/stab percentage: 59% / 41%, again as per wiki. The last figure of 8.1 is a bit higher than 8.0 for fully repaired armor, but I believe it is the effect of the armor decay during the test, as I had to wait for quite a while before I got 8.1.

2. Merp Mature

Naked test: dmg taken min 10.6 max 20.3.
Goblin test: dmg taken min 4.0 max 8.7.
Pixie test: dmg taken min 4.0 max 11.8.

Maximum damage 21, max impact damage is 13, max stab is 8. Impact/stab percentage: 62% / 38%.

3. Merp Old

Pixie test: dmg taken min 4.5 max 13.7.

Assuming that it is again only impact and stab, it is enough to get all numbers.

Maximum damage 23, max impact damage is 14, max stab is 9. Impact/stab percentage: 61% / 39%.

4. Merp Provider

Pixie test: dmg taken min 5.8 max 15.1.
Goblin test: dmg taken min 5.5 max 13.0.

Maximum damage 25, max impact damage is 14, max stab is 11. Impact/stab percentage: 56% / 44%.

It seems that a more smooth increase from old to prov would be 15 impact 10 stab, but I was unable to get min hit less than 5.5 (that would mean max stab 10), and got a lot of 5.5 and more in long test. So I leave this result as it is.

5. Merp Guardian

Pixie test: dmg taken min 7.2 max 20.1.
Goblin test: dmg taken min 6.3 max 17.0.

Maximum damage 29, max impact damage is 17, max stab is 12. Impact/stab percentage: 59% / 41%.

Bonus obtained:

224 bottles of sweat. This is a nice amigo to test with, as it gives some skills and some sweat while testing and is almost never tired of hitting you :)

Last edited:
Daikiba Old Alpha does 65 Impact and 13 Stab.

So another confirmation on top of the Attacker that different mob maturities can actually do different damage types.

I think we can look at this as a different thing again. It's more like the stab damage is 'unlocked' at a certain maturity. So the Daikiba Old damage could be considered as more like 21 Impact and 0 Stab.

The fact that the Stab damage becomes a factor at some point (Dominant would be my guess) explains why Daikibas are notorious for becoming much more difficult at high maturities.

224 bottles of sweat. This is a nice amigo to test with, as it gives some skills and some sweat while testing and is almost never tired of hitting you :)

Nice job Kolobok, and yeah I was sweating the Daikibas too - as soon as I realised I didn't have to actually hit them to make them come back when they wandered off (that being a problem with the Old which I couldn't keep alive long enough :D)

Daikiba Old Alpha sweats quite well lol, although the fap decay makes it pointless :laugh:

I think we can look at this as a different thing again. It's more like the stab damage is 'unlocked' at a certain maturity. So the Daikiba Old damage could be considered as more like 21 Impact and 0 Stab.

Yeah true.

Last edited:
Merp Prowler results

Merp Prowler:

Goblin test: dmg taken min: 12.7 max 37.1
Gnome+5a test: dmg taken min 7.0 max 31.1

I think we can safely conclude that Merp Prowler does only impact and stab, with maximum dmg of 49 (instead of wiki value of 50), max impact 35 and max stab 14. Stab/impact percentage is 29% / 71%. Again, the last number for goblin (37.1>37.0) can be attributed to armor decay during the test.

Merp Prowler:

Goblin test: dmg taken min: 12.7 max 37.1
Gnome+5a test: dmg taken min 7.0 max 31.1

I think we can safely conclude that Merp Prowler does only impact and stab, with maximum dmg of 49 (instead of wiki value of 50), max impact 35 and max stab 14. Stab/impact percentage is 29% / 71%. Again, the last number for goblin (37.1>37.0) can be attributed to armor decay during the test.

Nice job Kolobok! I was about to suggest that max dmg = 50 was still possible but now I see the 12.7 hit rules it out.

The damage ranges should be 12.5-37.0 (Goblin), 6.5-31.0 (Gnome+5A). So you've gone a little over on both tests but it doesn't take too many hits before the armor can start leaking an extra few 0.1 HP so that's to be expected.

Atrox Old

Study of Atrox Old

Right, here's one to make your brains hurt on Christmas morning!

We observed some odd results whilst testing armor decay with atrox which suggested the long-standing 33% Impact, 33% Cut, 33% Stab is not accurate. Its a pretty tough one to test, as separating Cut and Stab is very difficult when the mob does both. I got there in the end though. Feel free to skip the reasoning parts and jump to the conclusion, but I include it so someone can check my logic.

Naked vs Atrox Old

Min Hit: 28.3
Max Hit: 55.6

So Atrox Old has 56 max damage.

Goblin vs Atrox Old

An 18.4 hit caused me to decay 0.822 in Goblin. That corresponds to exactly 12 damage absorbed.

So we know that in a 30.4 hit, at least 12 of it is Impact. Thus Impact is at least 12/30.4=39.47% of the damage. Thus the max impact is at least 39.47% times 56 = 22.11. But we know the max impact must be an integer so it must be at least 23.

Vigilante vs Atrox Old

Code:
Hit    Decay   Absorbed
-----------------------
7.9    2.398     28.3    
16.1   2.841     32.3

Right, the first hit was for 36.2. We know at least 23/56=41% of that must be impact. That is 14.9.

However, we also know that vigi has absorbed 7 Impact, and since we were hit for 7.9 (some or all of which could be impact) the trox did no more than 14.9 Impact.

The two facts taken together imply the trox did exactly 14.9 Impact, which implies that the max impact damage of Atrox Old is 23.

-----------------------

The second hit was for 48.4 damage. We now know that 48.4*23/56=19.9 of that is Impact, leaving 28.5 for Cut and Stab. We absorbed 32.3 damage, 7 of which was Impact. So we absorbed 25.3 Cut and Stab.

Since we're protecting 14 Cut and 14 Stab, and since we know there was 28.5 Cut and Stab of which we protected 25.3, we know that one of Cut and Stab did 17.2 damage (Thus we took 3.2 unprotected which adds to the 12.9 unprotected impact to make the 16.1) and the other did 11.3 damage and was totally absorbed.

56 x 11.3 / 48.4 = 13
56 x 17.2 / 48.4 = 20

Thus an Atrox Old does 23 Impact, 20 Cut/Stab, 13 Stab/Cut.

Predator (L) vs Atrox Old

Min Hit: 2.6

Predator protects 11 Impact, 9 Cut, and 6 Stab. On a min hit from an atrox old it is facing either (11.5 Impact, 10 Cut and 6.5 Stab) or (11.5 Impact, 6.5 Cut, 10 Stab).

Clearly it must be the first which has a min hit of 2.0. If it was the second the min hit would be 4.5.

Conclusion

Atrox Old does 56 damage of which 23 is Impact, 20 is Cut and 13 is Stab.

That is 41% Impact, 36% Cut, 23% Stab.

Some unexpected Formicacida results

Right, I haven't tested for breakdowns as I was planning on having the day off from this thread ;)

But I did a bit of armor decay data gathering which has illuminated an interesting wiki error.

First up, trying to get Impact and Cut, I went to see some Formicacidas. It turns out I wasn't getting enough decay for them to be impact/cut. I was getting 23 dmg decay in Zombie - the only sensible explanation of that was that they are doing Cut and Stab and something else that Zombie protects 1.0 against.

I went back with Goblin+6A. The 6A does not decay. The Goblin decays as a 9 dmg hit would. Thus, rather surprisingly:

Formicacida (Weak) does not do Impact and Cut: it does Cut, Stab and Acid

[Deleted stuff about Molisk]

Last edited:
Formicacida (Young) does not do Impact and Cut: it does Cut, Stab and Acid

Doesn't really surprise me too much. The description for those describe them as "venomous". In fact when I 1st read the description long ago, I thought for sure they did acid, but was surprised when wiki listed no acid for them. Obviously faulting testing.

Tsk tsk was another one I thought did acid due to their description, but your testing when they arrived didn't bear that out.

But acid from big molisk? No way. Penetration makes much more sense.

Doesn't really surprise me too much. The description for those describe them as "venomous". In fact when I 1st read the description long ago, I thought for sure they did acid, but was surprised when wiki listed no acid for them. Obviously faulting testing.

Tsk tsk was another one I thought did acid due to their description, but your testing when they arrived didn't bear that out.

But acid from big molisk? No way. Penetration makes much more sense.

What surprised me more was that the Formicacida didn't do Impact. I'm guessing what happened was someone stood in front of them with Goblin and saw it decayed, and assumed it was decaying for impact rather than acid.

Those descriptions can be quite misleading, I wouldn't read too much into them. Itumatrox says something about venom or poisonous too, but does no acid.

Ignore the comment about molisk. I went back to one of the same maturity in Goblin+6A. The goblin decayed for 12 impact and the 6a didn't decay ruling out Acid and Penetration. The only other thing left is Shrapnel which seems rather unlikely. I tried an Argo Leader for Impact/Cut and got the same decay as I had on the Molisk. So must have been a 29 hit after all, and we have some stray data elsewhere in the decay thread.

Chomper Young

OK, nothing particularly exciting to report on this one, but figured I'd do it since, um, I can.

First up, to confirm Chomper Young does Impact and Cold I stood in front of it with Ghost. Decay was consistently 2.716, which is a 31 hit as would be expected.

Next I stood in front of it with Viking.

A 84.2 hit decayed me 2.944 pec, and a 62.8 hit decayed me 2.052 pec. Those are 33.2 damage absorbed and 25.3 damage absorbed respectively.

In each case 1.5 of that is Impact, the rest is Cold, and all the unabsorbed stuff is impact. Each thus gives very close to 27% Cold.

I theorised here that wiki was correct in its 126 max hit (think me and Doer might have done that a while back) and that 92 of it is Impact and 34 of it is cold.

To do a sanity check on that, next I stood in front of it with Viking+5D.

Min hit was: 33.2
Max hit was: 78.0

This is reasonable since min possible hit would be 32.5 and max possible hit would be 78.5.

So Chomper Young does 92 Impact, 34 Cold. And sadly for me, it carried 244 pec.

Summary so far

Right, a summary of this thread's results, and some relevant results from elsewhere. Heading's contain links to where the research was documented.

Feffoid

Average is about 35% Impact, 65% Cold but varies with maturity a little.

Outcast................10 Impact, 18 Cold
Bandit...................12 Impact, 21 Cold
Guard...................14 Impact, 24 Cold
Raider...................14 Impact, 26 Cold
Warrior..................16 Impact, 28 Cold
Beserker................16 Impact, 30 Cold
Hunter...................17 Impact, 34 Cold
Warlord..................18 Impact, 37 Cold
Champion...............18 Impact, 39 Cold
Clan Warlord...........19 Impact, 42 Cold

(all hits remain in the same proportions to the max damage proportions)

Daikiba

Small Daikiba only do Impact. Larger Daikiba do a little Stab aswell.

Old.................21 Impact
Old Alpha.........65 Impact, 13 Stab

Attacker

Attackers appear to do roughly 75% burn, 25% penetration.

However, slightly strange but Attacker Generation 01 only does 10 Electric.

Merp

Merp do roughly 60% Impact and 40% Stab.

Young..........10 Impact, 7 Stab
Mature.........13 Impact, 8 Stab
Old..............14 Impact, 9 Stab
Provider........14 Impact, 11 Stab
Guardian.......17 Impact, 12 Stab
Prowler.........35 Impact, 17 Stab

Atrox

Atrox Old does 23 Impact, 20 Cut and 13 Stab.

Formicacida

Quite contrary to wiki, Formicacida (Weak) actually do Cut, Stab and Acid.

Not sure in what proportions, its a bit hard to test this one.

Chomper

Chomper Young does 92 Impact, 34 Cold.

Atrax

Atrax Young does 37 max damage. We know 10 of this is Impact. The remaining 27 is shared between Cut and Stab (we know Cut has at least 8 of that). Some testing still to do here. I'm currently trying to acquire an armor that will allow me to resolve this one.

EDIT: Now resolved. Atrax Young does 10 Impact, 13 Cut and 14 Stab.

Formidon

Formidon Young: 12 Impact, 60 Stab, 22 Penetration
Formidon Mature: 14 Impact, 73 Stab, 22 Penetration

Note this is from a very old study, may be worth rechecking.

Warrior

Warrior 06 does:

9 Impact, 68 Burn, 32 Penetration.

Tantillion

Young...........16 impact.
Mature..........17 impact.
Old...............20 impact.
Provider.........24 impact.
Guardian........27 impact.
Dominant.......33 impact.
Alpha............41 impact.

Caperon

Caperon (Guardians) are confirmed to do Impact and Acid damage.

Osseocollum

Osseocollum (Youngs) do Cut and Stab damage.

Hispidus

Hispidus (Youngs) do Impact and Cut damage.

Last edited:
Atrax Young Completed

Right, managed to get hold of a piece of Vindicator today. I'd be quite interested in getting hold of a full set if anyone knows of any. Not sure what the price is really - the piece I bought in auction had an all-time history of +14 but it took +50 to shake off the last interested party...

It'd be really useful to get hold of as it has 5 Penetration, 4 Impact, 2 Burn, 11 Cut and 2 Stab making it very useful for determining the ratio of Stab/Cut for small to medium mobs. For big mobs I'm a bit stuck on that front. I guess we're unlikely to get our hands on any Paradox, Supremacy or Shadow :laugh:

-------------

Anyway, I went and stood infront of an Atrax Young with my Vindicator Shin.

I took hits of 8.1 and 9.5, for decays of 0.963 and 1.032 respectively, which correlate to 13.6 and 14.4 damage absorbed.

6 of the absorbed damage in each case comes from the 4 Impact and 2 Stab, the rest is Cut. All the unabsorbed damage is either Stab or Impact.

Thus cut percentage is 7.6/(13.6+8.1)=8.4/(14.4+9.5)=35%

So there's 35%*37=13 Cut damage. Following on from Kolobok's work, that leaves us with 14 Stab damage.

So Atrax Young does 10 Impact, 13 Cut, 14 Stab.

Right, managed to get hold of a piece of Vindicator today. I'd be quite interested in getting hold of a full set if anyone knows of any. Not sure what the price is really - the piece I bought in auction had an all-time history of +14 but it took +50 to shake off the last interested party...

It'd be really useful to get hold of as it has 5 Penetration, 4 Impact, 2 Burn, 11 Cut and 2 Stab making it very useful for determining the ratio of Stab/Cut for small to medium mobs. For big mobs I'm a bit stuck on that front. I guess we're unlikely to get our hands on any Paradox, Supremacy or Shadow :laugh:

-------------

Anyway, I went and stood infront of an Atrax Young with my Vindicator Shin.

I took hits of 8.1 and 9.5, for decays of 0.963 and 1.032 respectively, which correlate to 13.6 and 14.4 damage absorbed.

6 of the absorbed damage in each case comes from the 4 Impact and 2 Stab, the rest is Cut. All the unabsorbed damage is either Stab or Impact.

Thus cut percentage is 7.6/(13.6+8.1)=8.4/(14.4+9.5)=35%

So there's 35%*37=13 Cut damage. Following on from Kolobok's work, that leaves us with 14 Stab damage.

So Atrax Young does 10 Impact, 13 Cut, 14 Stab.

We can make you a whole set of Vindicator if you like mate - we'll just give it to you at full TT and ask for it back at full TT. I've been meaning to get a display set made up anyway...

We can make you a whole set of Vindicator if you like mate - we'll just give it to you at full TT and ask for it back at full TT. I've been meaning to get a display set made up anyway...

That'd be awesome mate. I can happily give you collateral for it. I was hoping to get myself a set but then I saw the price of maganite and realised it wasn't going to come cheap. I guess its a collector's armor really - not particularly useful as an actual defensive armor but I suppose it does have a fairly unique look!

Anyway yeah, that'd be great thanks. I've got quite a bit to do so I probably won't get any time for this thread until next week. If you've made it by the end of the weekend maybe we could meet up then - but if it takes a while to get the materials just give me a prod when its done!

Tantillion Results

1. Tantillion is easy to test, since it does only impact damage (at least up to Alpha, I couldn't find bigger mobs). Strange that wiki data on tantillion dmg are incorrect and incomplete.

2. Tests:

young, naked: min 8.1 max hit 15.1
mature, naked: min 8.8 max 16.9
old, naked: min 10.1 max 19.9
old, goblin: min 1.0 max 7.8
provider, naked: min 12.3 max 23.7
provider, goblin: min 1.0 max 11.5
guardian, goblin: min 1.8 max 14.1
dominant, goblin: min 5.0 max 21.0
dominant, rascal: min 1.9 max 17.3
alpha, goblin: min 8.9 max 29.2
alpha, naked: 40.6 (occasional hit)

3. Conclusions:

Tantillion Young does 16 impact.
Tantillion Mature does 17 impact.
Tantillion Old does 20 impact.
Tantillion Provider does 24 impact.
Tantillion Guardian does 27 impact. (26 also seems possible, though unlikely).
Tantillion Dominant does 33 impact.
Tantillion Alpha does 41 impact.

4. Bonus obtained: 521 bottles of sweat and :yay: 1547 ped narc:

[br]Click to enlarge[/br]

Yup, dropped the bomb while testing - and bingo! It's not the first time for me that in-game studies somehow coincide with nice loot. MA is watching you ;)

That'd be awesome mate. I can happily give you collateral for it. I was hoping to get myself a set but then I saw the price of maganite and realised it wasn't going to come cheap. I guess its a collector's armor really - not particularly useful as an actual defensive armor but I suppose it does have a fairly unique look!

Anyway yeah, that'd be great thanks. I've got quite a bit to do so I probably won't get any time for this thread until next week. If you've made it by the end of the weekend maybe we could meet up then - but if it takes a while to get the materials just give me a prod when its done!

Yeah I had another look at the ingredients myself and realised that Maganite was going to be an issue. I managed to get hold of a foots BP just then though, so the only thing stopping me is Maganite.

Should be able to sort something out within a week though.

Your avatar's female, right? *remembers to make the set female*

Last edited:
There was a discussion in the thread I linked (here) about how Attacker Generation 1s seem to be more dangerous than some higher maturities, which led to a suggestion that their damage had been modified for some reason (possibly because it was too easy to stand in front of one and let it shoot you repeatedly for hours).

The testing that Redfrog did suggested that the standard damage split is 75% burn/25% penetration (so typical bot damage), but the Gen 1 does 100% electric.

There's data in that thread which I've checked (and I think Witte did too?) and it's all sound.

never really hunted attackers... but Oculus Young seems to be at the same lvl as provider.. i even think from experience that it would be even badder than provi... entropedia says young and provi has same hp/dmg

3. Conclusions:

Tantillion Young does 16 impact.
Tantillion Mature does 17 impact.
Tantillion Old does 20 impact.
Tantillion Provider does 24 impact.
Tantillion Guardian does 27 impact. (26 also seems possible, though unlikely).
Tantillion Dominant does 33 impact.
Tantillion Alpha does 41 impact.

4. Bonus obtained: 521 bottles of sweat and :yay: 1547 ped narc:

[br]Click to enlarge[/br]

Yup, dropped the bomb while testing - and bingo! It's not the first time for me that in-game studies somehow coincide with nice loot. MA is watching you ;)

Nice Kolobok, and hehe that's some bonus, gratz :yay:

Updating summary post...

Yeah I had another look at the ingredients myself and realised that Maganite was going to be an issue. I managed to get hold of a foots BP just then though, so the only thing stopping me is Maganite.

Should be able to sort something out within a week though.

Your avatar's female, right? *remembers to make the set female*

Aye F indeed :)

Right, just did a couple of quick tests.

Caperon

A Guardian decayed Ghost consistently for 1.536pec which is a 20 hit.
A Guardian decayed Gremlin consistently for 2.241pec which is a 27 hit.

This confirms Caperon (Guardian) do Impact and Acid.

Osseocolum

Thought I'd try to get damage type on these seeing as wiki doesn't list them.

A Young consistently decayed Ghost by 2.373pec which is a 28 hit (formula error slightly more than 0.001pec interestingly).

A Young decayed Gremlin by 3.041pec over two hits, which is two 20 hits.

This means that Osseocolum (Young) do Cut and Stab.

A Young consistently decayed Ghost by 2.373pec which is a 28 hit (formula error slightly more than 0.001pec interestingly)

wtf?... very surprised at such an error...

Back