Morally offensive material (with poll)

Which do you think is the most morally objectionable:

• Total voters
...Censorship Keeps smart people from saying the truth. Stupid people say and do stupid shit. So if they have nothing smart to say... shut them up...
I somehow doubt that you have lived under real Censorship; I'm sorry to say... but your comment is wrong.

Thousands of philosophers/writers/artists died because of Censorship; is it because they were stupid? Or because they felt people should say whatever they want, whenever they want... even risking death? All this while "smart" people did nothing... almost like cowards ;).

Censorship is stupid, as is political correctness; don't think for a second that just because you can't say something, you don't think it either.

Are you making racist comments here ? jk :laugh: What about some specific ethnic types of black people with extremely large dicks? There are tribes in africa and those of african acenstry that tie their dick to the leg with a rope so it won`t wonder off and have special garments for dick protection, all XL size ofc. So in my book size of boorum dick is very anatomically correct :laugh: Depends if we`re talking white ppl only or other racial groups. I don`t see why we should take only white people as the standard reference point here.

Hey sweet cheeks :hug: ... I wasn't referring to just white males, I was generally speaking, and ... what you mentioned doesn't really represent a majority of the global population either. :nana: What I really think ... is that some MA coder got short-changed IRL and over-compensated by creating the Boorum in his imagined likeness. :D

None of the above, it's 18+ for a reason :rolleyes:

Would have picked the abusing hookers and stupid mission dialog but only one could be picked so i picked the most commonly occurring in game.

The whole juicy i'mtoostupidtonamemyavatarsomethingarealpersonwouldgoby issue is neither here nor there for me "morally"; i object to it because every time names like that pop up in chat or run past, it deducts a bit from the game. I've mentioned it before for the COMBAT WARRIOR avatar: it's such a forfeiture of experience for everyone to have "names" like that.

On the other hand, MA has been going out of its way to prevent suspension of disbelief, so it's hard to fault gamers for doing so.

Last edited:
FPC mission humour

I liked most of quest text.
But
that one where you need to find crate ..
that one was wery offensive for me telling me that im .. ( like liar , like wery bad person .. in total that im shit lol.)
that was not humor at all but just intentional and bad kind of offence because player actions were forced by quest.

* we must do a ban list for anyone offended with Ilga Beck opening post.

Boah,

what a riot for some nonsense - guess too many of these special US ppl in this game ...
(that get upset if a nipple is shown on TV, but drown the world with cheapest pron ...)

I'd not have banned this boob name child, I'd just ignored it ;-)
But as it seems there was complaints, so MA had to act. EULA is clear about, everybody should know. Choose an idiotic name -> have the risk to have to change it. Not this hard to understand.

And now checking all stuff in game if it might be viewed as offensive too, just to justify this moronic name? Sick, IMHO.

Get a life, and if lucky, get laid. Happens sooner or later if you're not behaving like a repressed child, believe me ...

A well meant advice for such ppl: Go to RockTropia. This is made for you. The ppl there will not mind your adolescent obsession, I hope.

And have fun!

But
that one was wery offensive for me telling me that im .. ( like liar , like wery bad person .. in total that im shit lol.)
that was not humor at all but just intentional and bad kind of offence because player actions were forced by quest.

I don´t know the text of the crate mission, but what did you expect the missionbroker should think about you?

he sent you out to get information about genesis star corporation, and he told you not to speak about it to anyone, because it isn´t all total leagal what you are doing for him.
The first thing you did is report what you did to the officer of Genesis Star Corporation, who is representant of the company you where sent out to spy at.

Its like, go to Afganistan to do a spy job vs the taliban, and report to Taliban officer that you just hacked into their headquarters security system and installed some backlink, to gather information out of their headquarter.

Thats the most stupid thing you could do rofl, and you wonder why Mr. Lyndon thinks you are a brainless stupid person!

If you would have read the mission instructions, it should be absolutely clear that you don´t report to this officer book :D

Well at least those ones using their brain in that mission got rewarded with evade skill instead, some much less valuable Explosive Weapons Tech Skill ;)

If I would have created that mission, those who report to Officer Book, wouldn´t receive anything, due to their stupidness.

Its still a game!

The text at the Argonaut Iron challange is really a little weired, don´t know what I should say about that.

Well Goni you seem to join NPC insults. Thx.
Not all ppl wud decide to work for unknown alien organisation against our Calypsian Omegaton or Gensesis and f*** all colonists and sell them and their future to some unknown alien company from Jupietr or something only for litle personal gain.

entropia is 18+ ..and for this word 'morally' or 'church' in the last 2000 years have died milions of people.I believe in freedom and to do what you want ..if you dont make any harm. So..fuck every woman if she like it!!thats love:)!!! thx!

What I rather find morally offensive ...

... is that no information whatsoever is disclosed and people are chasing ghosts to fill up MA's pockets.
... is that a few ****** ppl can complain about a name ffs & the company delivers. While hundreds more people complain their funds are getting drained and those people are blatantly ignored.

What I can't understand is that ...

... ppl can be offended by visual material (text, avatars, nature) in a universe where the intention is to cut off the bloodstream of your neighbour (as peds represent the freedom to perform activities and thus can be defined as your blood). Such people are dangerous, they would take down the rainforest with an Abomb if there would be a puny vegetation which vaguely reminds them of something hanging on their own body.

If something is offensive, it's in your own head. It's because the person himself makes a not-so-nice connection and such a person should go see a psych as such people have proven to be potential mass-murderers. Ever heard of a pronstar going killfrenzy? Exactly.

Well Goni you seem to join NPC insults. Thx.
Not all ppl wud decide to work for unknown alien organisation against our Calypsian Omegaton or Gensesis and f*** all colonists and sell them and their future to some unknown alien company from Jupietr or something only for litle personal gain.

Well if you are that good citizen and trust that much in genesis, then you shouldn´t have accepted the mission offered by Mr. Lyndon. There is an option not to do it at all.

You accepted this mission.
You did this mission.
You already worked against Genesis, when you accepted this mission.

Are you really that good citizen?

Thanks everyone for the discussion. This thread was meant to be a bit of a hand grenade.

For anyone who's not sure, I'm no moral crusader by any means and I'm really not offended by any of the things I put in the initial post and poll. Like MindStar9 and others, the argo mission text made me raise an eyebrow but is it really that out of place in a game that mostly (ok, not everyone hunts but most do) involves shooting anything that moves?

I started this thread to highlight the absurdity of trying to censor on moral grounds. Where do you draw the line and how convoluted is that line going to get? If you start banning people for having names that might cause offense don't you logically have to address all the other potentially offensive material? Do you even start banning people for having merely "annoying" names as someone suggested? How sterile are you going to let the "universe" get?

In hindsight, I should have added another option to the poll: "Do you find it morally objectionable to have material censored for your own protection or the protection of others?"

Anyhow, thanks for raising so many interesting points. There's some really well thought out discussion on the preceding pages. My own opinion is that censorship is an extremely slippery slope and that we should care more about our own susceptibility to being offended than protecting others from being offended. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion of course.

Well if you are that good citizen and trust that much in genesis, then you shouldn´t have accepted the mission offered by Mr. Lyndon. There is an option not to do it at all.

You accepted this mission.
You did this mission.
You already worked against Genesis, when you accepted this mission.

Are you really that good citizen?

This is your seccond off topic.
Thread is about offensive pics, language, text and not about player actions.
If you dont have opinion then please dont post.

:cool::Dwas really hard to decide between fpc mission humor and killing sexy sluts:D;)

That pic of the dead girl :eek:

IM OFF TO DA ROCK!
:naughty::naughty::woohoo:

kpeters.jpg

IM OFF TO DA ROCK!
:naughty::naughty::woohoo:

This is your seccond off topic.
Thread is about offensive pics, language, text and not about player actions.
If you dont have opinion then please dont post.

Why is may coment to your post

But

offtopic ????

You feel the text is offensive.
I just explained why it has to be offensive!
You fucked up this mission, and a logical reaction from the missionbroker, questgiver surely must be offensive, because you failed using your brain in that mission.

If you think those offensive texts are morally wrong, then it is absolutely not offtopic, when someone explains why these text can´t be any other than beeing offencive.

But explaining such things to people that see dicks in plants and rockformations, is obviously waste of time, as this people can´t be mature in any way!
No way that they understand anything of what I wrote!

morally offensive I guess "Killing ample breasted women for fun and prizes" would be what I think but still I'll have to vote "None of the above. I've lived a bit."

Why is may coment to your post

offtopic ????

You feel the text is offensive.
I just explained why it has to be offensive!
You fucked up this mission, and a logical reaction from the missionbroker, questgiver surely must be offensive, because you failed using your brain in that mission.

If you think those offensive texts are morally wrong, then it is absolutely not offtopic, when someone explains why these text can´t be any other than beeing offencive.
But explaining such things to people that see dicks in plants and rockformations, is obviously waste of time, as this people can´t be mature in any way!
No way that they understand anything of what I wrote!

You see you too agree that is offensive.
That you cud say at first with no drama about my brain and other low insinuations and offences.
If you have something personal PM instead.

But

What have to do "people that see dicks in plants and rockformations.. " with me ? I dont feel to belong in that group.
Another your insult?

Last edited:
some work MA made in the early days:

[br]Click to enlarge[/br]

or how I found my avatar back after a crash (note: I was male before :eek: ) thx to MA :D

[br]Click to enlarge[/br]

I somehow doubt that you have lived under real Censorship; I'm sorry to say... but your comment is wrong.

Thousands of philosophers/writers/artists died because of Censorship; is it because they were stupid? Or because they felt people should say whatever they want, whenever they want... even risking death? All this while "smart" people did nothing... almost like cowards ;).

Censorship is stupid, as is political correctness; don't think for a second that just because you can't say something, you don't think it either.

No i said Censorship keeps smart people from saying the truth, or "smart things" Smart people such as Free thinkers, writers, artists, etc. While Stupid people say nothing at all becouse they fear death. IF the stupid people would rather spend their time keeping things on a whole new level of stupid so much they fear what smart people have to say. that stupid people have to shut the smart people up in the form of censorship.

It is all about who runs the show. If you have the smart people running the show you end up with limited censorship. random garbage that repeats itself is useless to smart people and is often tossed aside. Although still allowed to be spoken by morons. it simply means nothing.

Get idiots running the show then you end up censoring the smart people or the truth, stupidity runs rampant, things go into ruins. until someone smart enough comes along and changes things back to no censorship.

But yeah your right i have not lived under censorship. But if i started to. i would fight until i died. no one shuts me up. except me.

I voted FPC Mission Humor before reading your example. I voted in reference to their joke with the nova frags :D

Free the Juice.

One thing life taught me is, that I am easily offendes by people that are easily offended. RL is way more offending than anything in a game could be thought up.
I can think of no reason why killing an _ANDROID_ or some other fictionous "thing" could be offending, except if someone wants to be offended just for the sake of it (which is why he ignores the _ANDROID_CLONE_ in order to be offended).

One thing life taught me is, that I am easily offendes by people that are easily offended. RL is way more offending than anything in a game could be thought up.
I can think of no reason why killing an _ANDROID_ or some other fictionous "thing" could be offending, except if someone wants to be offended just for the sake of it (which is why he ignores the _ANDROID_CLONE_ in order to be offended).

yeah but for the sake of controversy:

we play no game, EU is real life, remember? :laugh:

No i said Censorship keeps smart people from saying the truth, or "smart things" Smart people such as Free thinkers, writers, artists, etc. While Stupid people say nothing at all becouse they fear death. IF the stupid people would rather spend their time keeping things on a whole new level of stupid so much they fear what smart people have to say. that stupid people have to shut the smart people up in the form of censorship.

It is all about who runs the show. If you have the smart people running the show you end up with limited censorship. random garbage that repeats itself is useless to smart people and is often tossed aside. Although still allowed to be spoken by morons. it simply means nothing.

Get idiots running the show then you end up censoring the smart people or the truth, stupidity runs rampant, things go into ruins. until someone smart enough comes along and changes things back to no censorship.

But yeah your right i have not lived under censorship. But if i started to. i would fight until i died. no one shuts me up. except me.

LOL if you don't think you live under censorship check out the TV in some other countries.... starting with the news:)

Hurrikane

yeah but for the sake of controversy:

we play no game, EU is real life, remember? :laugh:

I highly doubt that killing an Android clone or seeing one killed would offend me in RL either, as long as they are so dumb as in EU :D
And Vampire chicks would rather get some wood in their hearts than a bullet in their heads.
And if I see those naked people in the summer by the river, I feel rather disgusted than offended, which is not connected to nudity, but rather that ugly people do not look better when they are naked. :D

Back