Neg rep and fear of retaliation.

Are you afraid of retaliation neg rep...

• Total voters
Hmm.. what this poster obviously does not know is that we "unstable" moderators can see who gives reps. The post this person is referring to was NOT given by a moderator, "unstable" or otherwise. Interesting how many of you choose to just accept this lie as fact.

haha pwned. :laugh:

i would(and have ) only neg repped over people looking down or in anyway insulting or making others look bad when such behavior is completly meaningless
i try not to meddle with other peoples disputes though i might speak my mind but i remain neutral ^^

Hmm.. what this poster obviously does not know is that we "unstable" moderators can see who gives reps. The post this person is referring to was NOT given by a moderator, "unstable" or otherwise. Interesting how many of you choose to just accept this lie as fact.

I had a nice coffee-connecting-with-monitor moment, thanks for the laugh

*wipes eyes*
*wipes monitor*

I had a nice coffee-connecting-with-monitor moment, thanks for the laugh

*wipes eyes*
*wipes monitor*

LOL sorry about your monitor ;)

haha pwned. :laugh:

It's not about being pwned tbh... it was a sad attempt (by lying) to get some sympathy from other members that feel they have been wronged by us moderators. Like there is a club for something like that :rolleyes: Ervo did get some +rep for that post from people that feel we are "out to get them" somehow. Rest assured, that rep was negated quickly.

As far as the rep comment I left for Ervo... feel free to quote that one.

LOL sorry about your monitor ;)

It's not about being pwned tbh... it was a sad attempt (by lying) to get some sympathy from other members that feel they have been wronged by us moderators. Like there is a club for something like that :rolleyes: Ervo did get some +rep for that post from people that feel we are "out to get them" somehow. Rest assured, that rep was negated quickly.

As far as the rep comment I left for Ervo... feel free to quote that one.

oh I know it wasn't about being pwned - you are a non-ego driven person, let alone moderator and I have mad respect and appreciation for you =)

I just thought it was an awesome 'outting' and I had a moment like Meg, where little bits of the water in my mouth, met my monitor. :rofl:

Apparently I was wrong, it was a just an Elite forum whore who gave me that...

And for that mistake, I received 2 red dots from two more :rolleyes:

kleercut-kleenex.jpg

Apparently I was wrong, it was a just an Elite forum whore who gave me that...
And for that mistake, I received 2 red dots from two more :rolleyes:

proud elite forum whore - reporting for duty ! :rofl: :handjob:

maybe you should make sure your 'facts' are actually factual before you make a public statement trying to demean someone; all while trying to get a sympathy vote. :wise:
Then, you shouldn't have the same problem in the future ;)

you got a couple +reps from your :bs: quote, too - now it's just even :cool:

also - you might want to upload your pictures to EF gallery, before using them, here. I guess that's one advantage of being an 'elite forum whore' - we know the rules. :thumbup:

*edit* you removed it - but I'll put it here for ya --

kleercut-kleenex.jpg

.... that's a lot of tissues :eyecrazy:

Last edited:

old_school_players_pwnage.gif

untitled_923502.jpg

The topic here is neg rep and fear of retaliation not neg rep and fear of one's own actions. Your choice of expression really is awful. I'm not giving you -rep for this, out of concern for you - no use backing you up in a corner. However, quit being a misogynist prick here and/or stop posting when drinking heavily. And apologize, if the indicated forum user didn't set you to ignore yet.

Hmm.. what this poster obviously does not know is that we "unstable" moderators can see who gives reps
This is just one of many reasons to use the rep system. Another is, it's a very convenient way to send a quick mini-pm (unless you are speaking to Thoreau). Another is, just to watch those colored bars come and go. Finally, for those watching their rep, a -rep is a nice tidy form of a wet towel in the face - a way to say "hey wake up and read what you are posting" without wasting much time or getting too serious.

I +rep all the time, for any old reason.

I -repped a pair of people recently because I was reading a very interesting thread which the pair derailed with some kind of tiff over something I didn't care about. Hence the wet towel: a -rep for each with the comment "clutter". If I'd taken more time to choose my words, I'd have said "thanks but no thanks for cluttering up an otherwise perfectly good thread with your annoying and irrelevant tiff". Either way, that -rep was intended to alert the posters that somebody didn't like what they posted, and hopefully some clue why. My reason for giving it was, thread derailment / probable trolling detracts from the quality of the forum for everyone.

I know I've -repped before but I don't remember why :scratch2:

Any rate, since that pair-disrep, I've heard back from both. Their responses made it blatantly obvious who was the troll and who was just expressing herself in a way I didn't understand. And consistent with the general trend, the troll -repped me right back, while the other party of the tiff responded by a polite and confused pm instead of any kind of rep.

Rep comes, rep goes. I rep posts not posters. Most likely my sense of humor (my most frequent reason to rep) will generate enough +reps to undo both -reps before very long at all.

Cant say I sent many -reps, but the past days I sent a few and so far no "retaliation" so that is my guess that these persons are mature enough to not send one right back for no apparent reason as some did for the first and second one I gave, but oh well not all can be as perfect as myself :D

I like the rep system cause it can show how mature ppl are. I know here, I deal most of time with 16 years old retarted students full of red bull or mari juana but some time its funny to see how ppl deal with things (especialy my jokes:))

Let's studie 3 different ppl in the next photo: {Removed}

We can see that Lugzan take the joke in the adult way of the joke. It make him lol. It prove me that he is at least over 25 and have a life and probably a work.

We also can see that Futurama is Emo. He is probably adult but Emo from the back of his pants to the end of his nails. This joke probably made him cry.

The last specimen, Minken, is the standard and dangerous Nerd, who express here the tipical Emo Nerd Rage. 16 years, old, no Girl friend, no correct feeding, no work and no experience of the life. Probably no friends too.

Thats sad.

All of this only because I made a joke about the fact I did find the proteron dna sample :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I like the rep system cause it can show how mature ppl are. I know here, I deal most of time with 16 years old retarted students full of red bull or mari juana but some time its funny to see how ppl deal with things (especialy my jokes:))

Let's studie 3 different ppl in the next photo:

We can see that Lugzan take the joke in the adult way of the joke. It make him lol. It prove me that he is at least over 25 and have a life and probably a work.

We also can see that Futurama is Emo. He is probably adult but Emo from the back of his pants to the end of his nails. This joke probably made him cry.

The last specimen, Minken, is the standard and dangerous Nerd, who express here the tipical Emo Nerd Rage. 16 years, old, no Girl friend, no correct feeding, no work and no experience of the life. Probably no friends too.

Thats sad.

All of this only because I made a joke about the fact I did find the proteron dna sample :)

Well sure you can draw some conclusions from it but it's pretty narrow if you start making profile out of one rep :rolleyes:

Though the dangerous nerd -part made me smile :silly2:

I have gotten many neg reps over the years, but I still say what I feel is right.

Just be polite and open minded to others then let the chips fall where they may!

as you can see my rep is not all that bad :)

Aaaand just like that, here I sit in a rep war with a troll... and I'm already losing. See, I already spread the day's reps around, all of them positive, and I have no rep left for his eager consumption, not even the negative kind :popcorn:

Now if I can knock just a couple more $ off the price of that new terminal, I can go sweat up my next vivo and get off the forums :flip:

:nurse:

Last edited:
Seeing this thread https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/discoveries/188446-ul-mindark-104-a-12.html#post2431237 made me want to neg rep like crazy but i did not, partly because i was a whimp and afraid to get neg rep back. So i made a post in public instead about my thoughts on the baviour shown and got a neg rep anyways :p

So my question is are you afraid of the EF Bullies?

Now please all the good folks out there not posting enough or not neg repping enough out of fear or despise towards the narrow minded people out there come forward and do what is right!

Well, I've seen rep systems in place in lots of other forums I'm a member of and never really thought to fear a rep system. If somebody sees you got horrible rep, then reads your posts and finds out you're well-informed, generous, honest, and all those other +rep words, then they're just gonna ignore whatever your rep was anyway. I read first, then occasionally I think to look at what a persons rep is... I never ever believed in forming my idea of what that person is based on the impression that others have of that person... that's too lazy and drone-like...

"Oh, everyone is jumping off that cliff. I think I'll take a look. Oh, that's horrible! They're all dying! Hmmm... well I know it's crazy, but they must know something I don't." *jump* *woooooooooooosh* *splat*

So no, while it's interesting and sometimes I like to rep people cause they say something intelligent, funny, or kind. Even if someones a complete ass, I do not give them negative rep. I'd rather just do my homework, make a post, and list every and all reasons why they are in actual fact an ass.

A little -rep won't get through to someone that's being an ass (or arse for you Aussies ;)) . A formal, non-emotional, and well-informed post will... the power of the pen (or keyboard in this instance). Unless they're a troll, in which case it's best for all if you just ignore it's ranting and raving from under it's bridge.

And thanks again to those that have given me +rep it is nice to see it, bloody reward system is programmed into us all, but I don't think it's a necessary forum feature. And I have previously listed the many reasons why before on another forum when it was first implimented there.

--

One question I do have though is if it can give you different titles like in another non-mmorpg game I played on a gaming system, where you could be good, or evil depending on the reputation you got for your actions, the types of tattoos you got, scars you got from battle, etc... being labled a demon or some kind of monster would be cool :D I may even consider trolling for bad rep just to see what negative levels I could get to XD

Last edited:

Let's studie 3 different ppl in the next photo: {Removed}

Thats sad.

wasn't that meaningless to comment over peoples way of life? true or false one should not make assumptions over how people behave
also using the terms in a negaive way could offend other people and as this is a gaming forum it does not belong here ;) i won't neg rep you cuz of the irony
but regardless of how you feel or how they have behaved against you could you not just keep the peace? treat others as you would want to be treated right =)

as i am one of those retarded students i did find you're describtions funny but plz some respect and fairness:D

Had to neg rep about 30 people around 2 years ago when I felt I had unfairly given AlphaGeek a neg rep when he insulted someones mentor for not being there, even tho the mentor had been a huge help to the newbie for the first few weeks - so I neg repped him saying "For all you know the guy could be dead." as my sister once experienced a moment when her 2nd in command of her soc went missing when she needed him, turned out he had crashed his motorcycle and broken both his legs.

So AlphaGeek PM'd me and explained his reasoning, so I said I would plus rep him back to cancel it out. But the system wouldn't let me do that....So I then had to carefully neg rep loads of people I felt deserved it...About 4 monthes later I had neg repped enough people to be able to plus rep AlphaGeek back.

Anyway, the point of the story is that not a single one of those people neg repped me back in retaliation. To this day I've only received one neg rep when I pointed out some hypocritical statements that the Aussie WoF team made in 2009, but I got a lot of plus reps for the exact same post, so I don't care.

And no, I didn't retaliate against the neg repper. I am not a child. :)

Anyone that 'really' cares about a neg rep really needs to step outside into the real world.!

like im gonna get hung up because some fat balding 40 year old who has only read about women in a book is going to make me loose sleep because he pressed a ' youve been naughty' button on a forum for a virtual universe.

Hello people reality check ! :)

(however i do understand that your in game reputation is another matter entirely but a couple of neg reps , .... really:silly2: )

:yay: Victory already! :yay:

I don't have time for kids or nerds on the net that hide behind their keyboard. I am putting you on ignore.

have a good day.

ps grow up some day pls =)
and it took a whole 48 hours :) now let's see what new posts my favorite threads have gotten today!

where little bits of the water in my mouth, met my monitor. :rofl:

Mmmmmmm! Eloquent :lolup:
as my eyes passed over these words no water could leave my mouth , however the rush of air forced its way through my nose and i sit here now with tendrils of mucas odorning my top lip, and mouse !

edit; oh yer to stay on topic, i couldnt give a flying flump if some az wipe wants to neg rep a neg rep . Its inevitabe since i usualy neg rep idiots who talk shit.

Just to note - I believe the forum software has the option to allow positive reps (+rep) while disabling negative reps (-rep).

Perhaps this is the solution. By disabling negative rep you take away the retribution factor. Flaming posts won't receive any rep. Good quality posts could still receive +rep.

I got Hojlund's point. Hoj you are the best ! :D

But really, question is....why do we/you care about damn reputation when mining/hunting is such a CRAP !!!!!!!!!!! :rolleyes:

Just to note - I believe the forum software has the option to allow positive reps (+rep) while disabling negative reps (-rep).

Perhaps this is the solution. By disabling negative rep you take away the retribution factor. Flaming posts won't receive any rep. Good quality posts could still receive +rep.

A possible solution, yes. However, as unfortunate as it is... There are some that have earned their negative reputation. Those red dots could serve as a warning to newer members to use caution when dealing with certain people. On the other hand, I am sure there are incidents when someone was given -rep by a group of people without cause simply to be malicious. The only way to remove rep as a factor is to remove rep completely.

Posted via Mobile Device

Zoo is a great place lol :lolup:

I think the forum software also supports opting out of the reputation system altogether, but that might be a third party mod though... :scratch2:

Been a while since I last administrated a vB based forum...

Back