News: News Staff Threatened

Skam

The Half-Wit Phoenix
Society
Rabbids
Silicon Skam Chip
[wrap=left]https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/gallery/files/5/8/scared2small.jpg[/wrap]News Staff Threatened

Press freedom no longer exists on Calypso.

While our news department server here at EntropiaForum.com might have been shut down for a small period of time on the recently much discussed Major Jenny Carramone's orders,
we are now back up and running after receiving help from anonymous concerned citizens.

Yesterday, after having been out defending Calypso from the robot threat, I came back to a wrecked home. My office had been rummaged, and several notebooks and papers with weeks of research were missing. I also found my secretary Mrs. Bun Nye scared to silence. She has been admitted to Hadesheim Hospital for psychiatric care.

I believe Mrs. Nye saw what happened, but I would never force information out of someone. So for now, I will only speculate about who is behind the break in. If anyone has any information regarding this, or has witnessed anyone entering my apartment building Gamma in Omegaton West Habitat yesterday morning, please share.

As a result of this threat, EF Staff have seen themselves been forced underground. We understand that this is risky, but war requires sacrifices.

Today we learned that not only our servers, but also EBN and Hades Herald among numerous other local papers have been shut down for the duration of the war. While Carramone is talking about news agencies spreading misinformation and lies, she is using our Calypsian forces to manipulate the press. Her desperation only goes to show how much sympathy the Provisional Goverment of Calypso is gaining in the community.

Yesterday, the 10th of December, EBN reported that CDF forces were attacking civilians instead of the robots. None of our war reporters have witnessed this, nor have we been able to find a witness to this happening, but it is rumored that the civillian was in fact a traitor to planet Calypso.
Sources tell us that the EBN camp is currently undergoing a massive internal investigation.

EntropiaForum News is objective, and we will always cover both sides of the story. The strongest strikes comes from within, and so we want to make sure the community is aware of what is going on. We need to know that we can trust those we follow, and that we're fighting for the right cause. Our cause.

Peace.

EntropiaForum Reporter,
Skam

PS.

Im very sorry for the shortage of photographs following this story.
Together with my apartment, my camera was also destroyed and my memorycard stolen.

PS.

Im very sorry for the shortage of photographs following this story.
Together with my apartment, my camera was also destroyed and my memorycard stolen.

Let's all collect for a new one :yay:

Wow!

Wow! Just... Wow. sorry to hear about the losses... Hope things get better soon.

huh?? I thought I ate the red pill:scratch2:

Fight the power Skam! Keep the underground press alive!

the plot thickens! :eek:

This is an outrage! And poor mrs Bunny... I mean Bun Nye. This must come to an end. *strapping on the biggest gun I can find*

-Who's with me? :sniper:

Wow Skam!

You deserve an award for one of the best (if not the best) article of the year.
Wonderfully written !

Go free press go!

love it :)

/Spikey

Be careful out there Skam! :eek:

(I sent flowers to Nye)

Let's all collect for a new one :yay:
Thank you , but luckily I have insurance. ;)

I have also been pleasantly suprised by my friends cleaning up the mess in my apartment in my absence.

huh?? I thought I ate the red pill:scratch2:

That pill was for Nye.... :scratch2:

Be careful out there Skam! :eek:

(I sent flowers to Nye)

Thank you, thats very kind of you.
She always keep the flowers in my office looking fresh..

Hopefully she'll be feeling better soon. I miss her and her silly jokes.

Reactions: Uni
Yesterday, after having been out defending Calypso from the robot threat, I came back to a wrecked home. My office had been rummaged, and several notebooks and papers with weeks of research were missing. I also found my secretary Mrs. Bun Nye scared to silence. She has been admitted to Hadesheim Hospital for psychiatric care.

I believe Mrs. Nye saw what happened, but I would never force information out of someone. So for now, I will only speculate about who is behind the break in. If anyone has any information regarding this, or has witnessed anyone entering my apartment building Gamma in Omegaton West Habitat yesterday morning, please share.

I heard a rumor that it was a shady character named Daff Y. Ducke.

Following the news blackout we were forced to endure when EBN inexplicably fired most of their reporters 18 months ago, I very much have enjoyed the interesting and thorough news coverage here on the EF network throughout our extended recent period of peace and relative tranquility. However, may I respectfully suggest that you and your team enjoy an extended cupcake break for the time being, until the war is over?

Miss Carramone's recent edict on the matter was most even-handed and served as another shining example of her strong, experienced leadership. Calypsian society sits on a knife-edge at the moment. Now that Earth and Imperial forces have so atrociously deserted us, people are panicky. Major Jenny put forth some most salient points relating to the potential of Separatist forces gaining influence over the remaining few media outlets on Calypso. Indoctrination and attempts to inculcate the impressionable minds of our ever desperate population at this time serve as a huge risk to morale, as well as our overall entire defense network. Closing down the press and enacting martial law are never actions to be taken lightly. Miss Carramone however has acted most responsibly in this matter to date, and should be credited and roundly praised for rooting out the separatist weasel bureaucrats in Hadesheim as quickly as she has, while also battling the robots.

While I regret the loss of your equipment as well as the mild trauma endured by your cute little assistant, lets be sure to place that incident in perspective. Compared to the most heinous threat we face at the moment from the metal blasters, this issue (while unfortunate) simply pales in comparison. United we stand people - one voice, one leader, and an army of resolute soldiers unified into one cohesive coiled spring of a fighting force! Onwards to victory!

hmm this is not good.....

actually I saw the whole thing.. but I have to watch my own back so for now.... the truth is where the PoE is ;)

S V :wise:

Mmmmm, very interesting. I have long suspected a movement toward self government of Calypso. Perhaps the wave is about to crest?

I'm very sorry to hear about your apartment and assistant. But I'm glad that you still provide us with the information that we all so desperately need. If I have any information I might accidentaly be talking loud to myself when I thought I was alone in your room, while you were sitting at your desk... :rolleyes:

Following the news blackout we were forced to endure when EBN inexplicably fired most of their reporters 18 months ago, I very much have enjoyed the interesting and thorough news coverage here on the EF network throughout our extended recent period of peace and relative tranquility. However, may I respectfully suggest that you and your team enjoy an extended cupcake break for the time being, until the war is over?

Miss Carramone's recent edict on the matter was most even-handed and served as another shining example of her strong, experienced leadership. Calypsian society sits on a knife-edge at the moment. Now that Earth and Imperial forces have so atrociously deserted us, people are panicky. Major Jenny put forth some most salient points relating to the potential of Separatist forces gaining influence over the remaining few media outlets on Calypso. Indoctrination and attempts to inculcate the impressionable minds of our ever desperate population at this time serve as a huge risk to morale, as well as our overall entire defense network. Closing down the press and enacting martial law are never actions to be taken lightly. Miss Carramone however has acted most responsibly in this matter to date, and should be credited and roundly praised for rooting out the separatist weasel bureaucrats in Hadesheim as quickly as she has, while also battling the robots.

While I regret the loss of your equipment as well as the mild trauma endured by your cute little assistant, lets be sure to place that incident in perspective. Compared to the most heinous threat we face at the moment from the metal blasters, this issue (while unfortunate) simply pales in comparison. United we stand people - one voice, one leader, and an army of resolute soldiers unified into one cohesive coiled spring of a fighting force! Onwards to victory!

I have one thing to say :wise: ... you should join us in the Newsroom as a Reporter, because you're just that good. ;) Your writing during this Robot War has been impeccable, and your grasp of the situation enlightening, as well as inspiring. Your work should be on the Front Page my dear ... we could always use fresh reporting, so perhaps our Newsroom Chief (711) will give some consideration to that. :wtg:

I like your style! :D

Just spit out the thruth Skam, those documents on your desk were evidence enough to acuse you of high treason against the Federation.

Ehm.. a friend of a friend told me that of course.. i don't actually read the documents. Ehm...

Over and out.

Viva la resistance!!!

You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows.

Viva la Revolucion!

JamhotTV will never be forced underground!!! ;)

Jamhot

In a time where communication with earth is at best troubled, all agencies need to pool data. However history teaches us to separate the intelligence and millitary force, with impartial democratic government.

Miss Nye was compliant thoughout the procedure, and is a credit to all who stand against oppression, be it internal politics or mechanical aggressors.

Unfortunately the damage to the prefrontal cortex, inherent in such data acquisition methods, has left Miss Nye unable to function fully, making her somewhat 'wild'; Some subjects recover partial function with extended rest.

Unfortunately the data retrieved confirms that collected by the site annalysis team. The strike on Skam's offices was executed by highly trained personel, with knowledge of the layout and occupants in the office.

I love this story as it goes ;)

SPU will alrways be fighting to defend the freedom of the citizens of calypso... no matter who the ennemy will be!!! We are free !!!

I knew that major Cammarronne can't be trusted! She lies and tricks. She and her "defense" troops are the real threat of Calypso, not our robot friends. Defense is just another word for WAR. That is what she wants.

Side yourself with our Robot Liberators and fight to bring down the government!

:smash::eek::smash:

Hope you find out who did it Skam, I'm sure you will 2.4 them into the ground! :D

Well, its time for the not civilians of Calypso to gouvern Calypso ourselves. We fend off the bots, we mine, we craft, we take the losses, we have the hard life, so we have to take the responisibility for our future.

CALYPSO ARE US! No wonder we get constricted into treachery and harmed by the gouvernement, by seperatists, by the bots and ourselves. The old wise men of earth said, in the natural state, human is humans worst enemy, thats the reason why states are founded on foundations of a constitution, where laws get defended, that defend us, from threatening each other.

Its time to get responsible ourselves! As one of Calypsos well trained philosophers i agree to moderate and advice the people of Calypso in the act of foundation and running a working and democratic system, we all benefit from. But it will not and cannot be my task to rule myself, since the preassure of power corrupts the clear thinking that leads to wisdom.

lol no answer yet...

what youre afraid off? ubah-dictatorship? well i am afraid of a major Carramone telling us what to do, idling around at the tp at hades in a huge armor and see us waste life, ammo and decay. Who are her soldiers? I am not, or am i when shooting bots??? Never seen anyone helping us, only we can help ourselves, earth fell, forget about earth, our Governement is giving out POE, lol to the richest of the richest again, who can afford to buy all the necessary parts.

Sheeps go willingly to the slaughterbank, sheeps see their free press crumble and beeing replaced by Propaganda. Who are those seperatists, that deal with the bots??? They dont speak for me, not for you, just for themselves. Shoot the traitors, stand up and get out of that darn sheepfur, because a Calypsian is a wolve, its a thinking human with sharp teeth.

Wollongong donates a pencil to keep the free press alive

I wonder what will happen now :)

Back