no glow in firefox

LeeLoo Faith

ColorManiac
Society
OldTimers
LeeLoo LeeLoo Faith
recently I bought a glowing name - checked and there was nothing to see :eek:

today at work I opened EF, and there it was.

Now checked again ... found it .. no GLOW with Firefox, just with IE its there.

too s/bad :(

i have firefox and i can confirm for ya, you got no glow.

Nope, neither Glow nor Shadow works in Firefox.
That is a known bug, I won't get into details, but basically it is IE that is out of standards here ;)

P. :smoke:

P.S.: since I'm almost always using Firefox, I bought my Glowing username for the pleasure of those oldies looking at my posts with IE... hope they'll appreciate! :p

I'll sacrifice the glow for the lack of bugs and attacks on my browser. Firefox rules.

Opera has the same issues..

and i just wanted to rant........ FireFox is the worst of all browsers ive used, even if it support standard better, its slow, just to get started. And security, well I neva have any problems with security on the Internet, though use I IE alot. I just have a nice virusscanner that picks up anything that gets through, and I see warning regularly. :wtg:

Just use IE .. Popular Means Gooooooooood :laugh:

yep only ie works, netscape doesnt pick up either, i have all 3 for some work i do, so i checked

but seriously firefox and ie are like a bike and a motorcycle...

u no the bike wont break, or if it does its simpler to fix, but the motorcycle, well u can do alot more with it...

srry for my grammar, im just a bit too tired...

Nope, neither Glow nor Shadow works in Firefox.
That is a known bug, I won't get into details, but basically it is IE that is out of standards here ;)

P. :smoke:

P.S.: since I'm almost always using Firefox, I bought my Glowing username for the pleasure of those oldies looking at my posts with IE... hope they'll appreciate! :p

Just too bad that Mozilla technology follows the standard then :scratch2:

btw, where is css2 :runs off to check W3 concervatorium:

btw, if there was only one standard and microsoft would follow it, web designers (not the script developers) would live longer. And if all servers would run on unix based systems the devopers would live longer too :D

Popular Means Gooooooooood :laugh:

Ha, the egg...

I mean Ha, just like VHS was more popular that Betamax, and so won the "war" to the point that Betamax no longer exists. (even though betamax gave a better picture).

Popular means popular. Good/bad don't feature.

PS, I use fire fox, as I got fed up with IE not working/crashing.

if firefox seems slow then get fasterfox plugin :yay:

Call me a Micro$oft Vibrator
i would be carefully with those wishes here, some ppl have enough EFD to change your title to this :rolleyes:

I recon IE7.0 comes close enough to the standarts.. The main security issues in IE has always been that IE pr default opens up for everything.. and then its the users task to config it as they want.. Along side with the fact that hackers and crackers pr defult look for holes in the most used software so their "work" can affect the most ppl...

I do however agree that MS went on a gender bender with inventing their own standarts.. but come on.. they DO make sense.. (some of them)..

If I make a table with X padding and Y width.. i want the cell space to remain at Y width and the cell spacing to go on the "outside" of the table so to speak.. but i guess its a matter of taste... At least with IE 7.0 MS have tried to "config" it to be secure instead of letting the user do it..

And hey.. IE looks better than FF.. and it loads much faster ... :D

IMHO firefox looks nicer and is easier to use.
The problem with IE is indeed that it opens everything and that it is fully integraded in the windows main explorer (explorer.exe).

The problem with windows is that it is too complex to secure and that there are more loopholes then in belgian law :D

But indeed, it takes a little time the first time after startup before FF opens, but so does outlook, and I'm sure it takes less time then EU to load. :D

to each there own realy but i like firefox better cause of the inline spelling mostly and i just like the interface better. yea it takes a sec or 2 longer to load cause unlike IE it's not already and always loaded into memory.

on topic though does it say right on the thing glowy doesn't work on firefox i remember when i cared about efd name stuff i noticed that before.

Hehe. Popular means more attacks - that why I dont use IE. :cool:

Firefox has some nice plugins that I use, so I like it, but thats for everyone to decide by himself for his liking!

Yeah, main security tip would be get a firewall and virus scanner :laugh:

IE owns.

So does the search feature of this forum...

Opera, Firefox and Mozilla has those problems, and prolly a few others aswell. I havent tried in Safari yet tho.

Personally I use Opera at home and IE at work, so I get to see my glow a few hrs each day at least!

But yea, its common "bug", not sure why its like this but dont think there is anything to do with it.. :scratch2:

Oh and Opera looks absolutely marvelous. Its yummylicious. Its easy, userfriendly, awesomeness. shameless plug for norwegian software? Perhaps, but I do mean it!

you're looking at this the wrong way round. its not that it doesnt work for Firefox, but that its only been made to work in IE. ie, there is some extra functionality in IE that is being implemented, not a bug in Firefox. having just tried the thread in IE, i dont know why you bothered, the "glow" looks rubbish anyway.

I use IE at work but see no glow. :scratch2:

Maybe it this good old 90's technology; IE 5 on Mac OS 8.6. :laugh:

Oh and Opera looks absolutely marvelous. Its yummylicious. Its easy, userfriendly, awesomeness. shameless plug for norwegian software? Perhaps, but I do mean it!

Opera does not support scrolling divs and it took a long time before they found out how to use transparent I-f rames

Opera does not support scrolling divs and it took a long time before they found out how to use transparent I-f rames

It does support scrolling Divs, but not always as nice as you would of hoped :) I am sure as I used one 2 days ago in opera. Transparent I-Frames I cannot talk about. Hardly use the buggers.

But I must say I love opera, and IE .. Firefox .. hmpf .. I could go on for hours about FF :(

I've always felt that using IE is like widening your stance before bending over for that dropped peice of soap in the prison shower...:twocents:
/Oz

Back