No more autoclicking?

Maybe it is because the miners claims are all on cliffs and they can't get to them so they are mining less. (and locations changed so they don't know where to get some of the needed ores)

The reduction in ores on the market because of that ore not reachable on the cliffs is causing the crafters to craft less, reducing the amount of residue on the market ...

More than one way to make the argument for changes in prices or reduction or residue.

Never used an auto clicker so don't know if they are broke or not.

The hills are not dotted with unreachable mining claims. :)

I've mined, and while it is a pain to always be paying attention that you are not dropping too close to hills you can't climb, it doesn't slow you down that much.

I dont think its because of auto clickers.

I think its less people crafting right now.

No new items yet, i think more people are exploring rather then standing looking at a crafting machine. This will likely change during the SGA event.

I can confirm it does not work.
However my G8 mouse also has macro's enabled, that one does work. unfortuantly Logictec refuses to make a loop function in their macro's due to the fact that they don't want players to get abnned for botting while using their mouse.

Well, most people do not craft only with materials they harvested themselves. Most people mostly buy their materials, so they can do a decent volume and play/progress at a decent pace.

Problem is that "decent pace," has been defined as: as fast as possible even if it means cheating.

I think the real problem here is that MA has been wishy-washy about the whole thing. They formally forbid AC while tacitly accepting it, then they add in systems that seem to rely on it (like texture crafting which requires tons of clicks).

I understand that the change is going to cause some problems for people that have been AC'ing regularly. That doesn't mean that it was all fine before. A real cash economy based on grey-area activities that could result in an account ban is bullshit.

MA needs to be clear and consistent about how they expect crafting to be done. Enforcing their own rules is a good first step imo. It would be even better if they would address the issue directly and explain how they expect the system to actually work. If the rules need changed to make the system work, then they should do that.

Metal ressidue was on the rise before the VU already, orders the past year where between 106-112%, so anything inbtween that is rather "normal" .
Also the economy is a bit flat right now, because a lot do not want to invest in beta-testing and are waiting for the fixes.
What is bad for some people is great for others. In a RCE, if you see a chance grab it and there are quite some chances right now :D

From the market history graph it looked like it was steady for at least a month before 10.0 at around 110% (metal res). It has jumped up and there isn't much available to buy (last I looked). People now want like 116%...

Ahhh, guys .... have any of you tried to craft in the past days?

i m asking because it sounds like if you think that the crafting is working normally.

I craft ocassionally (miner and hunter mostly) and dont use autoclickers, but yesterday i decided to craft since i was waiting for items to sell to buy more probes and there was something screwie going on..

you can click a lot faster that in the previous vu, but from every 5 clicks i did i would get an error saying that i did not work, i didn't lose materials but it was quite boring and frustrating. I thought it may just be me, but i heard someone else complaining about the same problem and someone mentioned that has been like that since the second day of the release.

It seems like ti is the progress bar that is bugged.
You can still craft at the same pace as before VU10, not faster, it is just that the EU window isnt "locked" during the crafting proces as it was before.
Dont know if it is good or not, I have reported it to MA as a bug.

Good to hear. I have never used autoclicker, even when doing 2000 clicks on components (as a result, I am not nearly as skilled as many "auto-crafters" either). It's always bothered me that MA allows auto-clicking. Maybe I can get a better price on my components now.

I hope the anti-cheating measures put in place are actually effective.

People aren't more skilled than you just because they auto-click. They have more skill because they have spent more peds.

Ok I will test if a mouseclick can be sent to EU..

Just 1 click, I will use it to click the button for market history on an item..

I'll update this post with result

\edit, it worked.

I know of at least two autoclicking softwares that are no longer working. On top of that, residue prices have gone up and everything they are used to make has gone up. Quacks like a duck?
Funny thing, I made a poll on a popular site, with a picture of a duck, labeled Duck, explaining why it is a duck, 34% of the poll respondents denied it was a duck... so no quack for proof ;)

The autoclicking software I've seen so far, used in the past with EU was horribly amateurish to say the least. I'm not surprised at all it doesn't work anymore.

Still, I'm sure any good programmer worth their salt could spring up now and go to fame for building a functional one, so you know what you have to do.

Personally, I'm fine with it, I mine and craft, having to receive higher prices for materials suits me just fine :D

People aren't more skilled than you just because they auto-click. They have more skill because they have spent more peds.

Ya, it's not like by auto-clicking they get free clicks... they spend just as much as anyone else crafting something would, per click. They just spend more than you do.
Where the hell do you think these massive crafting ATH's came from?

Ok I will test if a mouseclick can be sent to EU..

Just 1 click, I will use it to click the button for market history on an item..

I'll update this post with result

\edit, it worked.

One click is not really autoclicking. :laugh: You have to test if you can click something continually. :)

IF autoclickers were so amzingly widepread...I'm amazed MA did anything at all about it since they must have known for ages from logs?

I never did it and never will, but it must suck for crafters.

Persoanlly I read the release notes and see that sweating and several other things don't work well or all yet, AND some new systems are mentioned ..couldn't one of those be some auto crafting system ?

There's no logic in stopping autoclicking, it's all peds used, and gains no advantage for the user in crafting...and saves risk of RSI etc which is a bonus worth having.

t

One click is not really autoclicking. :laugh: You have to test if you can click something continually. :)

Can click, can move the mouse, can send keys.

Can click, can move the mouse, can send keys.

Well then I think there are some crafters who might pm you to find out which software/hardware you used. :)

I don't have an auto-clicker but did have a mapping for the "mouse" key (the useless one that looks like half-page of highlighted text) so it would behave like a left-click. No longer works, but the screenshot feature of the same utility still does.

I'm glad if they don't work. It's cheating. If MA was worried it would affect the economy, they would allow it. go ahead, auto cheaters, quit crafting. I will still craft anyways the same way I always did.

I use it regurarly for hunting.

I get tired of bashing my keyboard and swapping to my mouse and my keyboard angain untill the mob died.
I like to point and rataattaatatatat done.

I didn't say that was the only reason I am less skilled. I know that there are limits to progress playing as cheaply as I do...

Still that doesn't mean that a person who can afford to click 24-7 should be able to. AC breaks some of the limits that were meant to balance things between players with huge ped card vs players with less.

The players who spent more should have more skill than me sure, but the difference becomes exponential when you allow for constant crafting.

Go ahead and call me a whiny-baby for thinking that cheating isn't fair... :rolleyes:

No Snuggings you are right, cheating is not fair, but I don't think it's cheating.
And we will never agree :yay:

I'm glad if they don't work. It's cheating. If MA was worried it would affect the economy, they would allow it. go ahead, auto cheaters, quit crafting. I will still craft anyways the same way I always did.

i cant really see it as cheating, you are still circulating peds even if you are using an autoclicker, and the clicker doesnt help you profit/me. when im crafting an longer run 300+ clicks i usually use an clicker but im still at my computer watching it.

Ps, I don;t craft very much at all.. And when I do, I click by hand.

Was just proving that it could still be done ;)

No Snuggings you are right, cheating is not fair, but I don't think it's cheating.
And we will never agree :yay:

I guess only MA (or whoever writes the TOU) can say clearly if it's cheating or not, but my interpretation is that it is not allowed.

Keep in mind, I would prefer an updated TOU that clearly draws the lines of what is and what is not acceptable vs just seeing some software implemented server-side to stop ACing.

I don't have this big sore-spot for people who AC. I am sore at MA for not being clear about what can or can't be done legally. I am more jealous, I guess, of people who are so carefree that they just always set their own rules. Of course that jealousy turns into annoyance when they complain about getting in trouble (or stopped) from doing something that was technically forbidden in the first place.

Ps, I don;t craft very much at all.. And when I do, I click by hand.

Was just proving that it could still be done ;)

Do you have any confirmation? ;)

If you want to pm me what you used I'll test it also. If it works then we can end this thread.

From the market history graph it looked like it was steady for at least a month before 10.0 at around 110% (metal res). It has jumped up and there isn't much available to buy (last I looked). People now want like 116%...

The history does not tell you everything, I filled orders with 112% when I was in a hurry. And i was able to sell it for 115% about 2 months ago in "normal" auction. And also have seen it down at 106% for orders. Can not say for the other ressidues, maybe somebody else knows better with them.
Who knows if this is really only connected to the VU? Could also be that somebody stockpiled a few hundred Ks and is waiting to sell them to market again when his price is met.

I am pretty sure it will even out some time, as already said, most are waiting till things are somehow back to "normal". If you are not willing to pay the price, don't and wait.

It's funny that this has come up, but I get issues clicking with a normal mouse, like the click isn't always registered, if I click down for longer it works. It kills me trying to go through the auction with clicking page after page, so maybe they haven't disabled ACs but the users are seeing this effect.

/MP.

It would be pretty simple to make a mechanical clicker to actually click the mouse button itself. Disabling software clickers is hardly a fix.

Back