People... Dead? Gone? Retired? Break?

Actually, my impression is slightly different.

As mentioned before, my FL is mostly red these days as I know most of my ingame buddies prefer to hang out on the lakeside or in the beer garden during summertime. That hasn't been different last summer, so I'm not surprised player activity takes a dip atm. Not to mention RL recession, which certainly hit a number of players (I myself know of two people on my FL who had to or chose to economize on gaming with the economy in the doldrums).

This being said, I'm more in idle mode when I'm ingame with no team hunts going on etc., which is why I'm hanging out more in PA to take care of some newbies. Still, there is that odd bit of greedy people who log out again right after realizing there's no free PEDs by sweating atm. But the n00bs I added to my FL recently have all become dedicated players and they like the gameplay (again as I mentioned many times: give them a S30 and 300 rounds of ammo and they'll be depositing quickly). Now I can only guess, but I would not be surprised if the player retention percentage has increased lately.

But the n00bs I added to my FL recently have all become dedicated players and they like the gameplay (again as I mentioned many times: give them a S30 and 300 rounds of ammo and they'll be depositing quickly). Now I can only guess, but I would not be surprised if the player retention percentage has increased lately.

Why should we, as paying players, give items to newbies?

Kinda going back on yourself there, mindark could give it to them, in the form of sweating, so those who dont want to sweat, dont have to.
Your doing the job mindark should be doing for them.

They do the sweating (work) and we pay them for sweat (their time).
Everyone's happy.

Kinda going back on yourself there, mindark could give it to them, in the form of sweating, so those who dont want to sweat, dont have to.

Everyone's happy.

I dont think he's ordering people to give noobs guns and ammo - its just a loose term, like the phrase "Give a man fish and he'll feed himself for a day, etc"

Everyone's happy.

I had n00bs before, and most of them quit after they realized that sweating is tedious takes 5 hours to buy Opalo with ammo alongside.

So I tried the other way round: Give them an S30 or CB5 (still both drop like flies, are TT fodder and worth next to nothing) and 300 Ammo (less than I need to kill Trox Dom, and hell, I kill lots of them) to see what happens.
Have to say:giving away a few PEDs to a really interested newcomer doesn't hurt me, and I really like it when I see them progressing and their dedication when they start to deposit. That's how it worked for me as well. If my mentor wouldn't have given me 1000 ammo (we were doing a TP run to North Space Base from minopolis, and he was so sick of me standing around when he had to fight all the merps that he dropped me the Ammo to shoot them as well :D) I would have probably never found out how much I could like that. The sweating helped me to get ingame, but in the long run it would have driven me away.
So yes, I'm doing MAs job there, but it's in my very own interest that the playerbase keeps rolling, as I don't want to be alone ingame in two years. So what the heck... it's fun.

Yes, I understand you there totally :)

I'm always giving newbies at swamp, pixie pieces I loot etc, especialy if I see them proudly waving their opalo's in nothing more than underwear.
Kindness goes a long way.

It's then ma's turn to stop giving them constant gold letters of no loot, which then leaves them to think the games boring, and a money pit, and quitting.

P.S.
There's a few people who do actualy like sweating, myself included, especialy when loot is bad, passes the time while chatting to friends, and also gives me something else to do, other than just shooting constantly.

Last edited:
My FL list is really empty at the moment. Not many people log on. Maybe the time to implement VU10 took so long that the craving went off. :laugh:
Others might have problems with their PC or just sick of MAs Bug festivals.
Also, some might just wait for the other Planets and spend their money there..

My FL list is really empty at the moment. Not many people log on. Maybe the time to implement VU10 took so long that the craving went off. :laugh:
Others might have problems with their PC or just sick of MAs Bug festivals.
Also, some might just wait for the other Planets and spend their money there..

pff planets will come in 2011 or late 2010 by the look of things

More than 3/4 of the people on my friends list have mysteriously dissapeared. But my soc is always online :D

the trading situation sucks lately. no buyers. makes it very difficult to cycle ped. i started dumping stuff in TT just so i could keep going.

the trading situation sucks lately. no buyers. makes it very difficult to cycle ped. i started dumping stuff in TT just so i could keep going.

i tt all below 105% ... no sense to wait of a buyer and since vu10 i find to much of oil and lyst... tt say thanks:rolleyes:

im retired... only login to sell stuff.

More and more this appears to be a good decision. With all the great-value-for-the-dollar MMO entertainment options out there nowadays, why scrabble around endlessly with MA & their :bs::deal: simply for the miniscule chance of winning something even marginally significant?

Hell, makes more sense to spend a couple bucks on the weekly lottery tickets and then go play something fun-- way less drama, greatly lowered blood pressure, same chance to hit "the big one".

For those who'll doubtless be saying "Don't let the door hit ya in the arse on the way out-can I haz yer stuff": pfft, make me an offer.:rolleyes:

Have they given a date as to when ESI's will start working again?

Well.... being a trader I find the streets of twins very quiet... auction pages very empty.... noises very few....

So talking to someone on my FL... they say many people are missing... or haven't come on.... Which might explain why its quiet... and why there is very few auction listings for many commodities...

So whats your take?

And...

People that are on your FL... are they missing? Retired? Quit? Dead? Unable to get in the game?

I know of many people on my FL that I have yet to se.... very depressing... especially for a trader lol :D...

Without my friends who will sell me there ores/enmatters/hides/wools/oil :'(

THEY ARE ALL BROKE SAME AS ME :ninja:

Computer doesnt work with entropia anymore :eek: I log in once in a while on my boyfriends computer but atm not playing much anymore....

Well, all the usual dudes on my f.l are still logging in, same as soc mates.

:)

hmm from my point of few ppl still logg in, but ingame they do less activites as hunting/mining/crafting. The reason is quite simple... return rates of between 50% and 30%... sad , but true.

Well ive been on hold until they get auto aim and teleporting back in....

but yes, I'd have to agree that my FL is extremely barren as of when I am on exploring.

They can stick it up theirs......

Lost alot with out of reach claims, and MA wont refund them because i dont have the {proper} screenshots :/, i must have lost ingame more than 150kped in a year, so i consider myselve as a good customer for them, but no, they wont give some service, like all the other vu10 crap and poor excuses of events, do i have to go on ? :rolleyes:

Couple of soc regulars on, haven't seen most of them since Cryengine though.

( to be fair, I wasn't around myself for about 4-6 months prior due to rl issues, so difficult to make any kind of deduction - rl can do that ).

...The reason is quite simple... return rates of between 50% and 30%... sad , but true.

Strange though, that was the case before Cryengine too ... maybe just me...

After the summer holydays I saw my FL coming green again... but VU 10.0.0-9 caused many problems (hardware talking) to many of my friends and now also to me since my graphic card decided to burn
One new is coming together with a new PSU, MA lost a potential 200€ deposit from me... oh well :D

My whole society disbanded :(
Still not sure why, but I think it is because of vu10

I used to have only active players on friendlist, having it full and at least, at any time of the day, at least 40-50 people online, what sums up to about (more or less) the whole list over the day. Now, one month after CE 2, I have to say that my friendlist counts about 30% less players online regularly, up to 50% less at the same time.

Actually I think that a lot of people are still waiting until the systems are running complete smoothly again and features are back. We're already in 10.0.9, so 10.1 isn't too far away anymore, just look forward for that with appartements, Mindforce and stuff coming back.

Further loot seems to be even worse than before...

People who were happy before simply aren't happy now due to early bugs, new bugs, new navigation lack of TP chips and mindforce etc etc.

It's a recession where RL cash is tight so wasting it on a new PC for a game or even just to logon when it's not going to be much fun ..not gonna happen really is it?

Bearing in mind that just for a short time there is a chance to loot some pretty good stuff for SGA period, and that's still not enticing enough, it should be busy right now shouldn't it ?

Most people I see ingame also frequent EF which isn't usual...looks like the harder core players are putting up with the current situation and some can't be bothered, hopefully until everything is running well again ...or it's not good.

I hardly login because I don't enjoy it as much right now...I'm hoping things improve soon.

t

I agree with that feeling, less players...

Less traders, not good for the economy, everyone tt more often.

No sweat, no fruit, no new players trying to survive in this hostile but wonderful world...

Places like Port atlantis, Twin are larger than before, we lost some proximity which was important

MA is not giving the chance yet, let's wait for 10.1 and end september

Hopefully a crowd of noobatroxomerps will emerge.;)

what about the 10 million wow players ? and 200k eve guys ? all wow players had to pay... and most of the eve guys too... and there are tens of other games you must FIRST pay to play.
We don't need people that want to play for free.... that's why the economy is so bad and the loot somewhat sucks .... because those sweat guys don't get their 5 ped/1k sweat from MA, they get it from those that depo eventually

Well... to be fair.... WOW and all the other new MMO's have had no real change... everyone has an idea what they are getting into... quests... leveling... sure not all the details but a general idea...

PLUS...

WOW and all those other big MMO's have a lot of media coverage... you can read tons and tons of reviews and player opinions and get an idea of how it is.... EU... well.... I never heard of it... followed its development back when it was PE... but forgot about it and was only reminded from a online pal who played Call of duty with me... to try it out... and here I am today.

The NBK as a whole is still pretty active however there are a lot of people who need a new PC or they are just waiting atm.

Loot returns are bad, lots of bugs, etc.

Myself I have been spending more time on the forums then in-game.

They can stick it up theirs......

Lost alot with out of reach claims, and MA wont refund them because i dont have the {proper} screenshots :/, i must have lost ingame more than 150kped in a year, so i consider myselve as a good customer for them, but no, they wont give some service, like all the other vu10 crap and poor excuses of events, do i have to go on ? :rolleyes:

If you think they care about it you must be ( cencur ) you are only meat to them. :deal:

EU is still free. Free to download, free to have an account. So basically it IS free to play. However, the old chestnut of free gameplay is not getting younger the more it's being trotted out.
The mere fact that there have been people who did well with no deposit ever does not reflect the normal case, let alone consitute a basic right. The way of endless free sweat was nothing but a goodie from MA. If it's gone it's gone - like it or not. The trouble is, that the greedy folks still believe they are entitled to do something meaningful for free. Wrong.

Sweat will be reimplanted. Game havent changed much from the time I started playing, its still possible to play for free. And I dont need sweat, trade anymore. Just holding to my level (p5+a104, of105+sometimes ao101/2, gremlin, pixi, 5b, fap50/ek2600) killin stuff on my lvl, doing mining runs on places that are good.

Its slower, Im not in some kind of race here. I dont get people -rep me for saying EU is and will be for free. I guess it was from people loosing lots of money here :laugh:

If you have never deposited, you're not contributing to the economy. You're just cycling cash that's ingame anyways.

OH mr econom!!!!
Cycling cash isnt contributing to economy since when? What numbers are shown to public ha? Total economic turnover isnt it? Im contributing to it even if I dont depo.

OH mr econom!!!!
Cycling cash isnt contributing to economy since when? What numbers are shown to public ha? Total economic turnover isnt it? Im contributing to it even if I dont depo.

:rolleyes:
BS.

Back