Petition: Restore old mining loot system

Frequent Flyer Miles FTW

could just expand the yearly gifts, to include more tiers for diffrent deposit marks. Instead of just 1 deer head for the depositors.

There kind of is; if you kill 5000 aurlis you get access to the "back room" where there are aurlis with other loots.

(I should add I'm far from 5000 aurlis. I wait until I get a repairable weapon and fap at my level.)

This thread has gone way out of control and beyond the scope of the OP. A moderator needs to close it. It has once again fallen into the hands of those who don't understand the mathematics of the game (percentages, law of large numbers, etc.)

"Moderator, people doesn't agree with me! Close the thread!"

I think most of us can imagine that if you have 100 000 ped on your card ("PED cusion") you don't have much problem with low loots periods until you hit next ATH. Problem is, most people doesn't have that amount of money ingame. And do you want to be the one to explain to the beginners at Camp Icarus, that ´If you don't can't have a significant amount of money ingame, way higher than a monthly deposit, then plz go somewhere else´?

I agree with the OP, the old mining loot system was much better than what we have now. At least then, we had some reason to stay awake during the process, not knowing what was going to happen. Now it is just extremely predictable and boring.

Interesting though that the ones who like the "old" mining system doesn't want any option ingame that would allow you to chose between "old" and "new" mining system. ("It would ruin the market for the amp crafters.") gah.

Last edited:
Aia,

I really love how people just make assumptions about things.

1. The reason (which I explained in my original post) I suggest the thread be closed is because of the whiners who got off of the subject of the OP (this means you).

I for one, don't mine much because I think it is boring. If you like it that's great, it's just not for me. However, I do mine occasionally for a few needed resources. My vote for going back to the old system is because since the change, it has become unbearably dull. At least there used to be variation to keep your interest peeked. Do you really think a slider is going to improve your mining returns? Either you know how to mine or you don't. A slider isn't going to change that.

2. I don't have an unlimited PED card, like some assume. I make very small deposits 30-50 USD per month. I'm sorry if you haven't figured out how to make things work for you. I've been playing nearly 3 years (mostly hunting) and I'm starting to see more regular gains in my hunts by applying the things that I've learned. There were no mentors when I joined, so I had to learn by asking questions or by trial and error. Perhaps a re-visit to a book that explains statistics or micromanagement of a business would help you in that respect, or better yet, find a good mentor.

3. I have no opinion on amp crafting, as you again seem to be assuming. I really couldn't care less about amp crafting. If they are making a profit from it, great for them. If not, great for someone else. As I stated above, I don't do a lot of mining, therefore amp crafting has no effect on me.

Again, my vote is for the return of the old mining system. It wasn't broken, so it didn't need to be fixed.

Last edited:
I'll trade you one imp excavator for one unlimited mining amp :smoke: :wtg: :wtg: :wtg:

Deal - I'll have nice imp t1.5 for your ul lvl2. Where we will meet?

Avatars voting for old minins system restore:

1. Giuliano adm Noooo
2. Lady Jennifer Art
3. Andrey Andy Russian
4. Shaman 4400 Salvation
5. Pele Pimpim Pimmerson
6. hypnotica TRANCE blain
7. Killahbee Killer Bee Killahbee
8. dobrin dobrinocb kushkiev
9. Steve Steve Saber
10. Laurent thefrenchman noixdecoco
11. Tacutting
12. Michael 3J Sanders
13. chillbanan swedish monkeyboy
14. Miranda Montekis Nu
15. Per Strakkan Kollebolle
16. Zardoz Zed Longcloud
17. Siim SanSiim Ots
18. Aranthir Athal Lander
19. Onyar Loorden PSS
20. lukas will blake
21. Bamboocha Bamb00cha BH
22. Are Kozi Insulting
23. Fanan Head Shot
24. BaronNuss XXVII DepositFinder
25. Zapra Zap Greadon
26. Shinta Himura Kenji
27. Travis Bullse Deatheater
28. Jin Artrat Mugen
29. Archie Atlantis Sims
30. Bondrea Zeus Andrei
31. Pantoffel Rock Tierchen
32. ZAN ZAN ZAN
33. Daimler CrazyWolf Segundo
34. City Cat nexa Anastasia
35. Xander Zan Catman
36. sasha sale stormy
37. Sule Sutko KS
38. Tommy Gotta Gun
39. Fred Fuzzie Fritte
40. David Sklansky
41. Eman Gimme Jakubisko
42. Johnson Theragra Knewb
43. ReZume Zume Seldan
44. Daniel Ninja Kevlie
45. Jack Djonator Wolfskin

I wonder if all these people like the way the mining system is now. I wonder. Anyone getting 80% -/+ returns on avg? I know I am. I may quit mining if returns don't even out sooner.

Oh i thought you ment before amps came and destroyed mining :)

/Arwen

I wonder if all these people like the way the mining system is now. I wonder. Anyone getting 80% -/+ returns on avg? I know I am. I may quit mining if returns don't even out sooner.

killer bee is just fine with mining as is... well im only 99.99992837562947 sure about that

I've actually been considering hopping on the mining band wagon. I was never a hardcore miner but I did enjoy going to certain areas mining the mats I needed to do a small crafting run when hunting loots were slow.... If that type of system is back then that's a good thing.

You can't expect higher returns when material types are predictable. In fact it's gotta be the opposite. The miners just gotta "find the spots" again so they can concentrate on the rarer mats and thus get their 110% after MU returns that they used to be getting.

Menace

If you think this system is horrible, then wait for the new terrain-mining BS

Hey Mark, I am on that list so here are some of my thoughts. :)

I don't like the mining system as it is now, but I am ingame long enough to know that players rarely can influence on anything, so why to bother...

I have prefered old mining system, Greenlaf explained in other thread how it worked:

When I started playing 2.5 years ago, I could expect to see 1 to 3 (sometimes 4 or 5) small globals (50-150 ped) every run of 1000 ped (unamped).

And what I think about curent mining system, I will quote Greenlaf again:

The current system makes mining not only expensive but tedious too... people will mine for weeks without seeing a global.

But, what is important to me is that I am still able to profit with mining in long run. I have logs for every run, and what interest me is the result at the end of the month, first time when I see that numbers in excel are red at the end of the month, you will see my threads where I am selling skills and inventory, because as I said at the start of the post, as a player I can't influence on anything, I can just slowly, and quietly walk away.

I'm up for the old system, this system currently is as boring as batshit!!!
Returns overall are low too for me about 50-70% max and I'm using the same gear I was using 6 months ago.

This is the old system people wanted........

lmao

How is the mining system at the moment? I'm asking planetside miners that have unlocked mineral sense btw.

How is the mining system at the moment? I'm asking planetside miners that have unlocked mineral sense btw.

Same boring shit.

This is the old system people wanted........

lmao

Are you sure? I'm not!

They changed it after the only V claim finds, but is not the same as before the V claim change.

definately not the old system.. and ive mined 8 years

Of course not. In the old system one level 9 and 2 x d-class would produce atleast a single glob?! The best found I had was a X size.

"The true blind is the one that don't want to see!"

I do not find large unamped on planet...a rare is a sizable, very few and far between...I did get a 160 ped hof with a D sec L30 L finder on planet ...which to me is a global size..that takes 40 probes a drop so is like a lvl 3 amped tik 320 or so... that would have been an 80 ped global with a regular tik 320..Dunno if this is the old mining or not..I'm on break for now till this gets sorted out..no depositing either for me at the moment

before 03/2013

(avr ret 85-98% within a 1500-1800 [single]drop cycle).
((amps werent changed))

I"m no big miner, but I just ran a Terra Amp 9 and got ONE global.
This was on Calypso. What fun is that?

260TT from 400TT amp

260TT from 400TT amp

Well, in fairness, that's the equivalent of hunting only 8 prot prowlers and hoping.

260TT from 400TT amp

And I am no big miner, but I just ran 30ped probes on TI unamped with F-101 and got ONE 70ped gazz global...

both sides to every coin.

Well, in fairness, that's the equivalent of hunting only 8 prot prowlers and hoping.

Maybe a bit offtopic on this thread, but I'd gladly hunt puny mobs if there was a chance I could loot an item at my level from them (even if it ment it was dropped at 0 ped and I'd have to fix it up). Another thing is the change of iron missions, where the smaller mobs nowdays doesn't give stamina at 10 000.

Reason I Went to Arkadia last weekend was the chance to loot an Eron, not to get an ATH. (Well, I got a small part in the ATH, but not a single Eron or other rare item dropped.)

I think you're right, it is quite off-topic. However, the issue of looting proper level items from proper level mobs is a great topic for another thread. If you wanna go start it, I'll be happy to join. :)

I've burned through ~15 lvl5's and 6 lvl8's with 0 global, can't say i'm happy with the current mining system... Boring as hell, if nothing else

Back