Planet Toulan to become first ever Arabian 3D MMO developed in the Arab World - Zawya (subscription)

Design of the planet has a nice theme good designed mobs, not much to do yet, no missions not newbie tutorials but I hope that changes soon.

Actually there is a small new player mission chain that starts from the Citadel. It explains part of Toulan's backstory, gives players a starter weapon, ammo, a limited Fap and gets you on your way to explore the planet. And I know there is at least one 'kill 30 mobs' mission that is not part of that chain.

All in all, very impressed with what they have done so far, waiting for the planet specific loot in the minipatch next week.

I tried telling u where they are yestedary but u was too busy :)

Lin

Yes you did and I was being swamped with them..... just not the higher level ones. I don't type messages when I hunt, I get distracted and killed.

I did find the ones you told me about. I was looking for the ones and area I was in at the time you were telling me about the higher level ones....... :)

I did that small mission... kill 10 here... kill 5 there... and that was it.
Does anybody know of any other missions.

I know during test stage the mobs are tinny and no vehicles are allowed, I cant wait for the update!

By the way... for those who dont know... The 5 pec fap at the tt machine can do 100 heals woot!!!! yes 100 heals - 7.7 to 10.3 hp and 32 times per minute ( these cannot be traded or TT'd back ).

Average heal per fap is 850 hp for only 5 pec (someone do the math)

I did that small mission... kill 10 here... kill 5 there... and that was it.
Does anybody know of any other missions.

I know during test stage the mobs are tinny and no vehicles are allowed, I cant wait for the update!

By the way... for those who dont know... The 5 pec fap at the tt machine can do 100 heals woot!!!! yes 100 heals - 7.7 to 10.3 hp and 32 times per minute ( these cannot be traded or TT'd back ).

Average heal per fap is 850 hp for only 5 pec (someone do the math)

There is only 10 missions available for now

hmmmm I had only found 2 of them.

Start with the one at Citadel and just follow the instructions, gives you 8 mission in total.
And then there's a guy (Azis), South from Guardian Village TP, gives you 2 mission

EDIT: Azis only have one mission, the 30kill mission. There's another guy close to the Guardian Village tp (the house on the hill). Sry :ahh:

Last edited:
how i rate toulan so far

Environment: 7/10 - kinda generic fantasy mmo landscape but very nice features and architecture
Mobs: 6/10 - kinda lame generic mmo mobs from an 2000's game lol
Items: 9/10 - i really love the style of all items Ive seen so far.. alot
Missions: N/A
Loot: N/A

i think it will grow fairly quickly (i walked ronud the entire planet in an evening) and hopefully draw in new players. I don't think the entropia faithful will take to this planet so easily. Hopefully when its finished and live it will draw in a whole new playerbase of its own! long live toulan!

Environment: 7/10 - kinda generic fantasy mmo landscape but very nice features and architecture
Mobs: 6/10 - kinda lame generic mmo mobs from an 2000's game lol
Items: 9/10 - i really love the style of all items Ive seen so far.. alot
Missions: N/A
Loot: N/A

i think it will grow fairly quickly (i walked ronud the entire planet in an evening) and hopefully draw in new players. I don't think the entropia faithful will take to this planet so easily. Hopefully when its finished and live it will draw in a whole new playerbase of its own! long live toulan!

I dont think they released the whole thing yet as this is just the beta phase, im pretty sure the mobs and missions will be added.

I did see lots of unskilled freelancers asking where to buy amo and stuff like that which means there are some new players already being born there.

Last edited:
Can't rate so far. There's a potential, but it still feels like very early beta, all textures are of very low quality like a quick draft, most ground surfaces are a wild mess of fractals. It reminded me NI - the same gaudy high-contrast color palette, even the sky and the sun are the same, and Tabtabs are as ubiquitous and annoying as the monkeys :D

But it's fun to explore something new, especially on foot.

I dont think they released the whole thing yet as this is just the beta phase, im pretty sure the mobs and missions will be added.

I did see lots of unskilled freelancers asking where to buy amo and stuff like that which means there are some new players already being born there.

1st answer: yh it seems this is still beta testing or whatever
2nd answer: i'd be surprised if they are at the stage where new players can start there as its not a fully functioning mmo? thats bit strange

1st answer: yh it seems this is still beta testing or whatever
2nd answer: i'd be surprised if they are at the stage where new players can start there as its not a fully functioning mmo? thats bit strange

As long as they point out that it's beta I don't see a problem with it.

Can't rate so far. There's a potential, but it still feels like very early beta, all textures are of very low quality like a quick draft, most ground surfaces are a wild mess of fractals. It reminded me NI - the same gaudy high-contrast color palette, even the sky and the sun are the same, and Tabtabs are as ubiquitous and annoying as the monkeys :D

But it's fun to explore something new, especially on foot.

I was not impressed by the textures and overall design of the land, they can improve that a lot :p

I was not impressed by the textures and overall design of the land, they can improve that a lot :p

Agree
Cryengine2 dammit!

Tho it might change after the BETA

some snaps.. low settings.

attachment.php

attachment.php

I am imressed by the design of the land. The ice city reminds me of old minopolis. The land is rich in detail, this is by far the best beta planet I have seen in EU.

Actually I thought the textures were good, almost no lag which is better than putting in a lot of extra polygons, IMO. Little framerate lag for a new planet... that's an achievement. Draw distance for certain things like terminals is relatively low, that helps I guess. I really like how much terrain they have crammed into one server... goes well with the no-vehicle rules and makes the planet seem much bigger than it would appear if it were part of Caly.

Outside the Guardian Village I meet a creature "Sunjoq", but I wasn't able to target it (for scanning). There seemed to be invisible walls around the Place (or the mob?). And the mob seemed to jump across the radar.

Anyone know what happened? Is it a normal mob, availible somewhere else and it was the terrain that was bugged? Or does did the mob have some sort of forcefield as protection?

It looked like some sort of beetle with a snout (it's slightly smaller than tabtab).

sunjoq_enh.jpg

View image in gallery

2014-02-20 21:12:22 You were killed by the howling Sunjoq Provider.

Last edited:
Outside the Guardian Village I meet a creature "Sunjoq",

Yep, every time I meet it, I can't target, attack or scan it, but it follows me around infinitely and hits pretty hard for such a little thingy. All I can do is to drown it.

sunjoq.jpg

Yep, every time I meet it, I can't target, attack or scan it, but it follows me around infinitely and hits pretty hard for such a little thingy. All I can do is to drown it.

sunjoq.jpg

That turtle is so about to kill you, man. Shit ain't even funny. Those things are deadly :p

No update today? Thought Toulan last week said it was gonna get its own loot "next week"? Or was that simply players assumptions?

Menace

No update today? Thought Toulan last week said it was gonna get its own loot "next week"? Or was that simply players assumptions?

Menace

Better if you guys follow the discussion @Toulanforum.
Anyway few players already mentioned that server went down earlier today but nothing really changed more than Animal oil residue been added to loot.
Maybe the loot system needs some more cycling before it wakes up?!

Mohammed|beladcom typed this last week:
"Toulan blueprints are coming in next week's patch.
Toulan Mobs have dedicated loot items, we'll follow up on this matter."

sunjoq.jpg

Maybe he just wants a friend!

I arrived on Toulan yesterday. I had given myself a week to explore it. I've done all the exploration missions, and now... nothign anymore.

The first missions are ridiculous, you already get insufficient ammo to kill the first 10 tabtabs. And the second mob you need to kill does ridiculously high damage. This is NOT going to retain players.

Then there is the daily mission, where you have to kill 30 mobs of a non-existant maturity. *Sigh*

And I have 6 more days to go untill I get picked up again :(

The first missions are ridiculous, you already get insufficient ammo to kill the first 10 tabtabs. And the second mob you need to kill does ridiculously high damage. (

You must be doing something wrong. I completed the intro missions with plenty of ammo to spare although i'm not sure if i had some ammo on me before i went to toulan ;)

I found the intro missions to be the best in EU because they introduced me to the various diffrent cities and mobs. So very well thought out and a first in this game.

The intro mission was fine and actually pretty good when I did it, however since then they bumped up the maturities on practically everything and I guess didn't adjust the mission rewards to compensate.

A new planet is exactly what we need, to ease a bit the population pressure on others. It came to the point when after few hours in the wilderness you can stumble upon another green dot, ruining your harmony with nature. Totally unacceptable!

:D

You mean while searching in Twin peaks it took a few hours to find a green dot?

You must be doing something wrong. I completed the intro missions with plenty of ammo to spare although i'm not sure if i had some ammo on me before i went to toulan ;)

I found the intro missions to be the best in EU because they introduced me to the various diffrent cities and mobs. So very well thought out and a first in this game.

I had no ammo when I arrived, was given ammo for 40 shots, with the beginner gun. I ran out of ammo in the 5th mob. I don't know what I would be doing wrong. I would assume the idea is that a newcomer can get the mission done with the freebies given.

You probably did the missions before the second VU when they maxed out all maturities. For the first mission you could kill 10 Tabtab Young (100 hp total), now there are only Stalkers (200 hp each), so it's possible that the given ammo is not enough. Then for the second mission go some Jeef Qaffaz, and they went from L0/80hp to L8/660hp. And for the last mission, all the Caboria Young, that are required for the points, are indeed gone.

It's not that easy on Toulan as in our good old days :laugh:

You mean while searching in Twin peaks it took a few hours to find a green dot?

I don't think it went this far :) But when I came to Ark 3 days ago, I noticed that the Quarry was 2+ times more populated than Twins when I was leaving Caly.

Back