Poll: Interplanetary Teleport

Should PED from interplanetary teleporting really go to hangar owners?

• Total voters

Ludvig|MindArk

MindArk Official
Staff member
Admin
MindArk Official
Formerly "Foeburner Nighthawk Delta"
Should the PED from interplanetary teleporting (which will be the only way to travel between planets at first according to the latest 'Latest Buzz') really go to hangar owners, in addition to the PED they get from the teleporting to/from CND/CP?

EDIT: Please also say why :)

It really depends on how the transportation between worlds is gonna happen.

If you have the pre-VU10 system of spaceships, yes; if there are other means of transportation, no

yes, mainly due to the fact that they are the ones who will be transporting ppl back and forth. And nope not a hangarowner.

It really depends on how the transportation between worlds is gonna happen.

If you have the pre-VU10 system of spaceships, yes; if there are other means of transportation, no

From what I understand it it will first be teleporting only, and then both teleporting and by spaceship...

yes, mainly due to the fact that they are the ones who will be transporting ppl back and forth.

Not at first though

No: Put it in to the loot pool hunting mining crafting,

other planets where not a part of the game when hangars where sold.

voted no - becuase then they wil have to charge us double once to pay the hangar owners and once to take their share

MA/FPC should just admint they cant replicate the system and payoff the hangar owners for what they paid when they bought the hangars or put the dam piolt system back online already.

other planets where not a part of the game when hangars where sold.

Yes, this is how I reason as well.

They were taking people to CP and CND before VU10, but not between planets... Therefore, they should only get the money from teleports to/from CND and CP and not from between planets.

No.

Teleporting or some sort of public transport should be available to all players.

I understand hangar owners are getting the shaft in all of this, but I don't see how MA can rely on private individuals to reliably transport people on a regular basis to the "new" game locations.

In fact, I'm pretty sure this is one of the reasons why current travel to CP/CND has been enabled via the TP system... they wanted to be sure a steady volume of players could reach these destinations without any hassle.

I for one have NEVER left Calypso because I didn't want to work around someone else's schedule and have to wait for ship transport.

IF I choose to travel off planet now, it is a simple click away.

I understand hangar owners are getting the shaft in all of this, but I don't see how MA can rely on private individuals to reliably transport people on a regular basis to the "new" game locations.

Well, as said, teleporting will apparently still be there later, but ship travel will be added also :) (at least if ya check the latest buzz and one of the interviews with NeverDie)

OK so the "no" side is in the lead, and we still havent got so many voters or explainations....

I stand fast in my opinion though

Definitely not..

And I don't even think they should get as large of a share of the TP fee as they are going to get.. Away with hangars, they're a burden to the real players of the game.

They were taking people to CP and CND before VU10, but not between planets... Therefore, they should only get the money from teleports to/from CND and CP and not from between planets.

Agreed. (too short)

Flawed argument. Dozens of things were not part of the game when their respective tools were sold.

Proteron weren't ingame when you bought your gun
Robot transmissions weren't a part of mining at first
Extra haircuts were introduced after the purchase of beauty equipment
New crafting possiblities are added continuously
New colors are added
Mindforce will get a major overhaul

The only conflict I see here is that hangar owners get money, and rightfully so, for their investment being inaccessible due to MA having other priorities, whilst other professions do not. On the other hand, the practicioners of these other professions are much harder to define and reward for their loss.

This game is about playing and investment like every other game , u can't know what will happend of your item or such with new VU . But since hangar owner decided to invest into hangar to fly up and down cnd and cp at first , it's perfectly normal they get money for other flight too .
It's been a while since new planet have been anonced and they were a lot of discution about how getting there , at that time some ppl invested in hangar other sell theirs , don't blame them if u didn't want to take a risk at that time .
Btw travelling to ohter planet by spaceship is just completly "normal" being for once . Therfore u don't even know what will be the modification they will have to do to be able to transport ppl ; maybe they'll have to modify their hangar or spaceship like LA owner did .

Should the PED from interplanetary teleporting (which will be the only way to travel between planets at first according to the latest 'Latest Buzz') really go to hangar owners, in addition to the PED they get from the teleporting to/from CND/CP?

EDIT: Please also say why :)

It is written -so shall it be :)

Where is the choices ?
  • "It depends on how the future travel will work. Yes if it will carried out through hangar owners in the future."
  • "It depends on how the future travel will work. No if it will carried out through another way than hangar users"

Voted No, because Any fee's from CP to to Calypso should not be included.

they can have all the peds IF MA buys up OILS from auction wich would normally have been needed to use the ships. Now it's 0 expense, 0% work for pilots, 100% payout while markup on the oil get's a nice little rest.
I also wonder.. PPL like neverdie who have X unused ships, will they get X% off the cut also, I mean admit it, it's not like he was using them...

Last edited:
they can have all the peds IF MA buys up OILS from auction wich would normally have been needed to use the ships. Now it's 0 expense, 0% work for pilots, 100% payout while markup on the oil get's a nice little rest.
I also wonder.. PPL like neverdie who have X unused ships, will they get X% off the cut also, I mean admit it, it's not like he was using them...

As fas as i know ND only has 1 ship it was a replacement that he Bought after being scammed for his original ship

Where is the choices ?
  • "It depends on how the future travel will work. Yes if it will carried out through hangar owners in the future."
  • "It depends on how the future travel will work. No if it will carried out through another way than hangar users"

It will (from what I have understood from interviews and such) be carried out both by hangar owners, teleport, and perhaps other new ships as well...

In the interest of full disclosure let me first say that yes I am a hangar owner (co-owner).

On the subject yes I think they should.

I imagine it like this...

Consider you are a land owner but there is a bug that takes away all land settings and DNA spawns.

MA then come and say...
"We are very sorry for this but we can replace the DNA spawns with natural spawns(not necessarily what was there originally) and we still have the borders so we can still track how much has been looted on Amathera LA's as a whole and will pay this amount to the owners when we re-implement Fertilizer Station settings,we don't know when that will be but maybe some time this year"

Would this be acceptable to the general user base?
Would anyone complain about this ?
After all nothing has really changed for the general user.
How about the LA owners?

What if they then said...
"What we cant tell is how much was spent on your LA so what we will do is make an even split amongst all Amathera Land Owners regardless of LA size,Location and DNA or Tax settings"

Would this be acceptable to LA owners?
I'm sure some would love it but those that had spent extra on good locations,DNA would be less than impressed.

Also what about dead/dormant LA's or those belonging to locked accounts,Do they get a cut of this also?
If so I cant see any land owner being happy with that.

That is essentially what is happening with the hangars.
There are those with Hangars that rarely used them that will be more than pleased with the current situation.
There are those that paid extra to have one in an Ideal position or who spent many hours a day working hard to pay back their investment who will actually be worse off then they were before.

So whilst it may seem that this is just free money for sitting on ones butt-and for some it is-we have to remember that for others its also a restriction on what they could once achieve.

As to whether this is fair that only hangar owners get this sort of compensation I have to say no but the reason for this is that MA can quantify exactly what the losses are where as with the other professions that have suffered they cant.

So whilst I agree its not fair and wish they could compensate all those that have suffered I see MA 's stance on this also.
MA will pay back losses due to bugs if they know exactly how much it is,the Tiering Residue and CND mining bug are 2 examples along with others I have spoken to that have been able to demonstrate exactly what they have lost due to other bugs and have received compensation.

This isnt free money for nothing and its no extra cost to the userbase had Civilian Flight been re-introduced.

In the interest of full disclosure let me first say that yes I am a hangar owner (co-owner).

On the subject yes I think they should.

I imagine it like this...

Consider you are a land owner but there is a bug that takes away all land settings and DNA spawns.

MA then come and say...
"We are very sorry for this but we can replace the DNA spawns with natural spawns(not necessarily what was there originally) and we still have the borders so we can still track how much has been looted on Amathera LA's as a whole and will pay this amount to the owners when we re-implement Fertilizer Station settings,we don't know when that will be but maybe some time this year"

Would this be acceptable to the general user base?
Would anyone complain about this ?
After all nothing has really changed for the general user.
How about the LA owners?

What if they then said...
"What we cant tell is how much was spent on your LA so what we will do is make an even split amongst all Amathera Land Owners regardless of LA size,Location and DNA or Tax settings"

Would this be acceptable to LA owners?
I'm sure some would love it but those that had spent extra on good locations,DNA would be less than impressed.

Also what about dead/dormant LA's or those belonging to locked accounts,Do they get a cut of this also?
If so I cant see any land owner being happy with that.

That is essentially what is happening with the hangars.
There are those with Hangars that rarely used them that will be more than pleased with the current situation.
There are those that paid extra to have one in an Ideal position or who spent many hours a day working hard to pay back their investment who will actually be worse off then they were before.

So whilst it may seem that this is just free money for sitting on ones butt-and for some it is-we have to remember that for others its also a restriction on what they could once achieve.

As to whether this is fair that only hangar owners get this sort of compensation I have to say no but the reason for this is that MA can quantify exactly what the losses are where as with the other professions that have suffered they cant.

So whilst I agree its not fair and wish they could compensate all those that have suffered I see MA 's stance on this also.
MA will pay back losses due to bugs if they know exactly how much it is,the Tiering Residue and CND mining bug are 2 examples along with others I have spoken to that have been able to demonstrate exactly what they have lost due to other bugs and have received compensation.

This isnt free money for nothing and its no extra cost to the userbase had Civilian Flight been re-introduced.

Then who is buying all the oils atm to keep mu up?

Part of the value of an asset is the income it generates. Another part is the income is has the potential to generate.

To me MA are effectively saying:

"we were going to let you guys do the flying since you paid so much for your hangars, but we haven't programmed it yet so you're nerfed. Since we've taken the income from the asset we sold you down to 0, AND denied you access to the extra income you were going to receive from interplanetary travel, we're going to compensate you."

I wonder what the result would be if I started a poll like this:

Who do you think should get the income from interplanetary travel?
  • MA as a reward to themselves for being late with their spaceship programming
  • Hangar owners who got nerfed by MA
  • Monkey

I think this decision to compensate is absolutely the right one, and am somewhat amazed that people would be happy for MA to simply pocket the money instead of giving it to the people who invested in being the transporters.

We just need a free public transport system. The TPs should work for that. Add a wormhole technology that lets free travel in TPs happen to new planets.

Don't let pilot monopoly ruin the experience for other participants and planet partners as well. I don't think too many planet partners will be happy if pilots coordinate their actions once ships are in place, forcing planet partners to pay a huge fee to pilots just to have pilots move avatars between locations as they used to do for cnd, etc. There should always be alternatives to ship travel!

Give hanger owners and their ships a new job... it was fairly boring for a good number of pilots to be shouting in the control room, etc. anyways... make their ships do something else... Bring real interplanetary travel systems in to the game...

Do away with transport fees in auction. Give that job to the pilots. Make it a commercial cargo ship system similar to the semi transport system on highways irl. If people want to buy things on other planets or astroids, fine... let pilots fill orders to deliver things to/from auctioneer at each location - that could be part of the quest system for the pilots... it'd be similar to order system, but pilots have to actually do the transports... auctioneers will pay the fees to pilots... those that use auctions and want to pay transport fees can put in the request... it would lock up the peds similar to the way auctions work - if you go pick the stuff up yourself, the fee is returned to your pedcard. If a pilot does the pick up for you, they get the transport fee you were willing to pay... but an actual pilot has to go from planet to planet to fill all the delivery orders... This way pilots have a job... and don't have to sit around all day waiting to do their line thing... this way we can all travel freely betwene planets without need of waiting around for a pilot...

Add more missions and quests to pilot systems later... let pilots actually go to the robot planet and team up with various army personal... Do let pilots transport people to those war zones.. but not between the normal planets, etc. Let TP system do that... and make it free, unlike it is now to go to CP/CND. This is suppossed to be a free-to-play mmorpg. It can't be that if there's fees to travel to other planets, etc. That sort of fee turns off a lot of would be participants... and folks that play other mmorpgs, etc.

Make travel free. We already pay for decay... If there are fees to get to new planets, let the planet owner set the fees... stupid planet owners will charge high amounts and thus push all their potential customers away. Smart planet owners will leave things free, and pull in a lot more money in the long run because of that.

The other 99% of the oil-buyers who don't buy it to run hangars with

Reactions: jod
We just need a free public transport system. The TPs should work for that. Add a wormhole technology that lets free travel in TPs happen to new planets.

Don't let pilot monopoly ruin the experience for other participants and planet partners as well. I don't think too many planet partners will be happy if pilots coordinate their actions once ships are in place, forcing planet partners to pay a huge fee to pilots just to have pilots move avatars between locations as they used to do for cnd, etc. There should always be alternatives to ship travel!

Give hanger owners and their ships a new job... it was fairly boring for a good number of pilots to be shouting in the control room, etc. anyways... make their ships do something else... Bring real interplanetary travel systems in to the game...

Do away with transport fees in auction. Give that job to the pilots. Make it a commercial cargo ship system similar to the semi transport system on highways irl. If people want to buy things on other planets or astroids, fine... let pilots fill orders to deliver things to/from auctioneer at each location - that could be part of the quest system for the pilots... it'd be similar to order system, but pilots have to actually do the transports... auctioneers will pay the fees to pilots... those that use auctions and want to pay transport fees can put in the request... it would lock up the peds similar to the way auctions work - if you go pick the stuff up yourself, the fee is returned to your pedcard. If a pilot does the pick up for you, they get the transport fee you were willing to pay... but an actual pilot has to go from planet to planet to fill all the delivery orders... This way pilots have a job... and don't have to sit around all day waiting to do their line thing... this way we can all travel freely betwene planets without need of waiting around for a pilot...

Add more missions and quests to pilot systems later... let pilots actually go to the robot planet and team up with various army personal... Do let pilots transport people to those war zones.. but not between the normal planets, etc.

As far as I know, auction fee's going back into the "lootpool". Want a cut off it, go hunt/mine/craft!

Yeah your right Oil has dropped from an almighty 103% too 100%.:rolleyes:

Are you using this as a comparison to the hangar owners who's income has gone from a couple k per month to zero?

And thats before we start to look at the value of the asset and the fact that is completely un-tradable atm so even if you didn't like the situation and wanted to sell out you cant do it.

Yes its an inconvenience but hardly comparable.

This isnt free money for nothing

Couldn't it be considered "free money" if hanger owners didn't use any decay, oil, or even log on time for the peds being awarded to them?:scratch2:

No decay for MA from the ships, so they get their lost payroll from the lootpool instead:(

1. it's not only mu, TT counts also.
2. You're income is temp 0, but you will be refunded

& since there ins't any oil used, on avg, pilots will get a higher compensation then when they would be flying themselves.

3. Pilots don't need to do anything at this point & still get peds in the end
(more time to trade or to do whatever)

Back