Pros vs. Cons of New Mindforce System

What do you think of the Reintroduction of the Mindforce system?

• Total voters
Powerful healchip dropped from 35m to 18m, but heals 63 (+5) now and have faster (2.72sec) reload.

I used to do full heal at level 19 before. Not anymore.....

Pro: Mindforce stuff is back! yaaay!

Con: Everyone has to pay 2 ped to re-insert implants!

Con: Attack chips now have "Cooldown" rather than Charge up!
(eliminates the "double-tap" MF-Gun attacks)

Any thoughts/additions to the list? :rolleyes:

dont whine about 2 ped ... you had a long time without decay on the implant

think its better with cooldown time reather than charge time cuz charge time stopped every time you got hit so you couldnt hunt without focus charge too

I'm really not impressed with the animation for Firestorm. It looks really poor. I thought it looked so cool before it was worth the 5k investment.... ok I'm sad lol.

The old Nerveblast seems to be a very quick reload compared to the old system. So I'd say this is a pro.

I haven't been able to play for long as I got kicked several times :(

dont whine about 2 ped ... you had a long time without decay on the implant

think its better with cooldown time reather than charge time cuz charge time stopped every time you got hit so you couldnt hunt without focus charge too

cooldown is also funny in PvP when you get stuck after a jump and cant defend yourself :)

Edit: nevermind, didnt work that way :)

Last edited:
Powerful healchip dropped from 35m to 18m, but heals 63 (+5) now and have faster (2.72sec) reload.

I used to do full heal at level 19 before. Not anymore.....

Yeah now you don't pay 180%+ for me, you pay TT

Just a FYI, the looted sweat, Diluted Sweat, have a tt value of 1 pec/1 bottle (makes 1k bottles 10 ped tt value), nothing like the novas/blazers with 1 pec/1k fragments.

Also we have no idea what chip will use Light Mind Essance, so IMO really too early to list it as a con or a pro.

Just my 2 pecs.

Pro: Mindforce stuff is back! yaaay!
Pro: New Mindforce tab in inventory!
Pro: Synthetic ME in the TT for Mindforce attack chips!
Pro: The visual effects of Mindforce stuff looks cooler than ever
(whooptee freakin doo)
Pro: There's new Cold attack chips

Con: Everyone has to pay 2 ped to re-insert implants!
Con: Now you get sweat as hunting loot?!
Blazars and Novas were bad enough!
Con: Focus (now "Synchronization") is time-based instead of layered effect
Con: Some Implants are kinda worthless now for no good reason!
Con: ME increments multiplied by 100 for no good reason
Con: Power Catalyst skill unlocked for people who didn't earn it
Con: Many stats of chips are altered! (Some good changes, some bad)
(eliminates the "double-tap" MF-Gun attacks)

Any thoughts/additions to the list? :rolleyes:

Thats what people thought about ammo too and now theres a couple of good reasons as to why they did it.
Eco enhancer for example. Probably same here :)

Con: No more cool bubble-hands, fire-hands, etc. for dancing :(

dont whine about 2 ped ... you had a long time without decay on the implant, I think its better with cooldown time reather than charge time cuz charge time stopped every time you got hit so you couldnt hunt without focus charge too

That means synch chips are absolutely useless and they are now :(. I just made a new thread about it. Big a@@ CON.

Thats a real shame too as I never had or owned an mf chip before it was taken away b4 experiencing this flashing hands. I think the effect has been dumbed down a bit since then :( CON. Edit u cant even pull it off now :(((

I noticed that too, that was the first thing I checked! :(
That means synch chips are absolutely useless and they are now :(. I just made a new thread about it. Big a@@ CON.
so by making them cooldown rather than chargeup, it eliminates a use for Synch, plus it eliminates the MF-Gun double quick attack maneuver...

I don't think that's a super great trade off just so I can move around while I use attack chips! :scratch2:

Last edited:
ok, even though it's not worth much my 2 pec worth is:

Pro: Mindforce is back :yay:

Con: I used to make my hunting ped by selling ME. I did this in partnership basis with a friend who did all the mining. My biggest clientelle base was the MF hunters/healers. So by making that ME be TT ammo, they have taken away my in-game income. I admit, I always sold my ME at the inflated price of 200% or above, but I got most of my sweat by buying from sweaters at .6, and i was alway generous to the healers at swamp and neas with free (or sometime very cheap) ME if they needed it (except for a couple of times when i needed a few extra ped to buy more sweat). If i was still able to sell ME to hunters/healers my miner friend would have come back to the game, as it is he looks at it as if we find a way to profit in here MA will decide they should have all that ped for themselves and change the game so they get it, and I am starting to think he might be right.

Maybe when they finally bring pets back they will do that one good. Instead of making sweetstuff and fruit obsolete by making a TT version of nutrio bars. But i will not be holding my breath.:rolleyes:

Of course this is just my 2 pec worth as a former ME dealer who is no longer putting as much money into our virtual economy.

I fail to see how any of these points are "cons"

- Timed effect: This makes sense with damage over time/area of effect chips now.

- Implants: We don't know how many, what types, and what levels of chips have yet to loot. I think it's a bit early to deem any implant "worthless".

- ME increments: *cough*tiers*cough*

- PC unlocked for people who didn't "earn" it: I'm one of those people so *ahem*

- It was pretty obvious to me that the whole MF system was gonna be reworked - stat rebalancing can be a part of that.

- COOLDOWN IS THE GREATEST THING EVER!! NO MORE CONCENTRATION!!

I fail to see how any of these points are "cons"

- Timed effect: This makes sense with damage over time/area of effect chips now.

- Implants: We don't know how many, what types, and what levels of chips have yet to loot. I think it's a bit early to deem any implant "worthless".

- ME increments: *cough*tiers*cough*

- PC unlocked for people who didn't "earn" it: I'm one of those people so *ahem*

- It was pretty obvious to me that the whole MF system was gonna be reworked - stat rebalancing can be a part of that.

- COOLDOWN IS THE GREATEST THING EVER!! NO MORE CONCENTRATION!!
Time effect: it's a decent duration on large chips, but it's kinda short on small chips, plus they are not 100% effective as they used to be... where as before the charges were all equally effective from any chip, only difference was how many charges stacked
I say Con because they replaced effectiveness with duration, but the smaller chips lack a bit of both!

Implants: Implants are based on profession lvl rather than chip lvl now. It's really more to do with the chips being SIB now, it changes which chips people can use, and thus which implant they need. People had what they needed and wanted before this new system, now it's all governed by profession!
I say Con because some people will need bigger implants now than the ones they bought, and some will need to revert to smaller chips than the ones they bought. People paid for their equipment setup and now need entirely different setup and new equipment (in some cases downgrade).

ME increments: *cough* There's no tiering up chips *cough* :silly2:

Power Catalyst: Many people had to earn this skill, it's part of the game/system... to just give it out to everyone is not fair to those who earned it... imagine if they did that with all the unlocks! great for tiny noob players, but not fair to all the people who had to pay their way up to that level to unlock it and then it's just given out to everyone!

Stat Rebalancing: They should not be taking people's items away for 7 months or so, then giving them back with entirely different stats as they had when the people bought them! A lot of the stats have been reduced to crap!

I can understand a couple things being a Pro from one view and a Con on the other hand... but Stat Rebalancing of the chips (equipment people payed a lot of peds for) is the worst one of them all!

And Cooldown is sort of one of those "Pro & Con" things... it eliminates the MF-Gun double quick attack move, plus it makes Sync less useful! The only plus side to Cooldown is that you can run around while you use Attack chips, which is not really a good trade off. I feel bad for the people who bought Firestorm chips for that double attack and now they can't do that anymore!

Last edited:
I can understand a couple things being of a Pro from one view and a Con on the other hand... but Stat Rebalancing of the chips (equipment people payed a lot of peds for) is the worst on of them all!

I will admit, I'm not amped about my heal chip range being nerfed, and some of the other adjustments, but I understand them. With ME now being available from tt, things needed to be rebalanced a bit. We can argue all day about what's good or bad about it, but it's MA's game and they've changed the rules on things before - and get ready for it, because I'm sure they'll do it again in the future.

Implants, I'm not really sure yet if the current system is a pro or con, because nobody really knows how everything works yet. Time will tell.

ME Increments - this is a pretty obvious sign to me that MA plans to introduce MF tiering at some point in the future.

Power Catylyst: OK, I can understand some people being upset about this - but I'll also bet there are new high-end unlocks (or at least there should be).

When they make a new system, like the tier system for example, let them balance it however they see fit and let people do with it what they will...

but they shouldn't be taking a system that was already in place for a long, long time, one that people bought all their equipment for based on the stats and uses of that equipment... And go and change all the stats and uses for that equipment! That's totally unfair to the people who have Mindforce equipment and have used it in the past, and bought their equipment based on how it preforms! It's only fair to people who have never used it and don't have any equipment, which is stupid as hell!!!

And tt ME is unfair to the sweater community!

Imagine... you are a non-depo sweater player pre-v.10! You have this market for your sweat and ME, but then one day the Mindforce system is reduced to TP chips only... you stick it out, wait the 7 months... Then they bring back all the Mindforce and the ME is in the TT! what a rip-off for them!

on top of that, hunters loot sweat now... sweat that doesn't have any useful purpose (at least yet, as far as I know)

I think the new system is unfair to all the players in one way or another... I just see more cons than pros... unless you look at it from MA's point of view! :rolleyes:

(of course that's just my opinion, the poll seems to be speaking for itself)

When they make a new system, like the tier system for example, let them balance it however they see fit and let people do with it what they will...

but they shouldn't be taking a system that was already in place for a long, long time, one that people bought all their equipment for based on the stats and uses of that equipment... And go and change all the stats and uses for that equipment! That's totally unfair to the people who have Mindforce equipment and have used it in the past, and bought their equipment based on how it preforms! It's only fair to people who have never used it and don't have any equipment, which is stupid as hell!!!

And tt ME is unfair to the sweater community!

Imagine... you are a non-depo sweater player pre-v.10! You have this market for your sweat and ME, but then one day the Mindforce system is reduced to TP chips only... you stick it out, wait the 7 months... Then they bring back all the Mindforce and the ME is in the TT! what a rip-off for them!

I think the new system is unfair to all the players in one way or another... I just see more cons than pros... unless you look at it from MA's point of view! :rolleyes:

(of course that's just my opinion, the poll seems to be speaking for itself)

Well, that's funny - you just descibed me, a non-depo sweater player pre-v.10. And I LOVE the new mindforce system. (2k SG skill).

Well, that's funny - you just descibed me, a non-depo sweater player pre-v.10. And I LOVE the new mindforce system. (2k SG skill).

well that's funny, I don't understand how you can be happy with it if that's true!

whatever floats your boat I guess! :laugh:

well that's funny, I don't understand how you can be happy with it if that's true!

whatever floats your boat I guess! :laugh:

Easy - nobody used nerveblast in previous VUs, because ME costs 180%. It's not like I can count that as lost sales - if the current batch of chips was fueled by sweat, nobody except a select few would use those either. Either way, my sweat wouldn't sell. How much sweat sold in previous VUs do you really think was used for nerveblast? Maybe 10% at most? TT ME makes mindforce accessible to us players who don't have a billion ped to skill with. Sweat still has a use with tp and sync (and possibly future L tp chips?), and suddenly MF healing and attack are real professions with real possibilities for more than 3 players.

Reactions: Wed
Let's remember this is only the first step of the new mindforce. I would not be suprised that when new chips with other functions comes some of them will use the "old" ME. It was a good step to make a tt ME to be used in attack and in healing.

another Con I just experienced...

You can no longer heal yourself or switch to your weapons/tools while teleporting any more! :eyecrazy:

another Con I just experienced...

You can no longer heal yourself or switch to your weapons/tools while teleporting any more! :eyecrazy:
Confirm that as I heard a soc mate being very upset with that just a few hours ago :(

EDIT: voted second option but only because all of this shit with implants not correct "size" and line of sight things and alot of other small things.
But I do love the choices we got, just not the (L) crap :(
(and the fact I haven't got a single tiny chip yet :( )
jk I know how things work and why I probably haven't got one

Last edited:
Potent Heal Chip from 35 metres to 14 metres

Nice work MA, im trying to remain positive but fuck me your taking the piss!!

If that wasn't bad enough the heal chips now only work with line of sight. :mad:

Range and the ability to heal anyone you could click on, whatever was in the way, was what made MF healing so useful and cool.

Not a lot of pryotropy chips out there and they were never that great to begin with but now MA really f@+ked them up. Painfully slow and you used to be able to switch out to a weapon after discharging them now you have to wait. Graphics look good but the rest makes me feel that a lot of these changes were not given a lot of thought.

I used that chip a lot pre VU10 just ask Magam hehe but now its just seems way to cumbersome. Not sure why or who made this decision but it stinks. Support case pending unless my apathetic view of EU lately is a precursor to my exit.

Posted via Mobile Device

Just remember every time a new "feature' is added it's a bug to someone else... If they removed the warmup phase for attack chips, that's awesome! Wonder if it makes chips comparable to SIB weapons in damage/pec now?

Might be good this way really don't know... might make it better to hunt with.

I do know one pvp move it really messed up though and that is a con really.

Im talking with facing a big oppentent and maybe hitting them with a power firestorm chip then tango attack instantly... attacks like this was really good, but besides the fast pvp attack maybe its for the better.

Pro: there is a sib on ul first gen chips now or if they had it before it was adapted and lowered.

Con: heal chip does not only do the max dmge as before but has a heal interval.

Do we learn something?
If MA was able to nerf top ingame chips to almost worthles state tomorrow maybe they do it on mod merc, shadow or something.
Like you come in game and look your eon sga and see it have pixie stats ..

MF failed first time because was too expensive and biger chips than lvl 8 newer droped.
With changing chips stats they caused big loose on investment to owners and they make their use even more questionable.

Pro: there is a sib on ul first gen chips now or if they had it before it was adapted and lowered.

Con: heal chip does not only do the max dmge as before but has a heal interval.

First gen chips had sib up to lvl 100 so your skilling with sib was granted.
Afetr change chips are maxed for most of MF users.
So no sib any more.
We shud wait for biger chips to drop wich will hardly happen.

Back