PVP now gives u a warning from mindark ?

Status
I've gotten that email too as well as been locked for pK'ing in PVP zones. Don't sweat it too much just try not to just harass people. The best part about PVP? A bullet sounds the same in any language. :D

Hey folks, calm down a notch - there's a difference between killing someone in pvp, and deliberatly harassing someone.

Although it is alarming if you can just report to MA if you happen to get killed in pvp - surely MA must be able to check this for legit kills vs harassment?

Oh really?

How can I harrass you in PVP unless you come back?

If the idiot comes back in PVP over and over, I'm the one harrassing by simply killing him???

I think HE would be harrassing me by returning over and over.

I've gotten that email too as well as been locked for pK'ing in PVP zones. Don't sweat it too much just try not to just harass people. The best part about PVP? A bullet sounds the same in any language. :D

Good word...harass. That's the important thing here I think.

The other important thing is the part played by FPC here before this all started that caused it?

If I go to PvP4 to mine...my risk as I could go elsewhere.
Where did FPC decide to put these mobs though? A mob with possibility of good loots, a mob that most people would like to hunt if they could? In the wrong place IMO.

It's the root cause of this problem. Pvp is a risk that can be avoided for almost everything else...even bloodmoss in pvP4 is spread widely making it hard to find a mner and fairer..a spawn of mobs though, not easy to hunt without being seen and pKd is it?

They should just move the mobs or spread them widely or split them into two locations...then everyone is happier.

t

I'm not sure if i even should post here... I'll probably get bad rep before i even start playing decently... But I do believe some of you are just not able to understand the concepts of mutual respect, common sense, and some basic moral sense.

You freedom ends where other person freedom starts, or something like that. I will always favor pvp, hell i hope i'll someday be able to get inside those areas and be able to put up a fight, but there's a VERY BIG difference between pk (whatever the situation, killing a mob, not killing a mob, whatever), and simply harassing someone (killing someone continuously, with no apparent reason).

Even so, I'm not that sure MA should get into this kind of disputes, since it is indeed a pvp area... On the other hand, if players dont know how to use the freedom given, maybe that "freedom" should be controled...

And now, i'm basicly screwed for saying this words... ;)

Peace!

Good word...harass. That's the important thing here I think.

The other important thing is the part played by FPC here before this all started that caused it?

If I go to PvP4 to mine...my risk as I could go elsewhere.
Where did FPC decide to put these mobs though? A mob with possibility of good loots, a mob that most people would like to hunt if they could? In the wrong place IMO.

It's the root cause of this problem. Pvp is a risk that can be avoided for almost everything else...even bloodmoss in pvP4 is spread widely making it hard to find a mner and fairer..a spawn of mobs though, not easy to hunt without being seen and pKd is it?

They should just move the mobs or spread them widely or split them into two locations...then everyone is happier.

t

Perhaps there's a reason they're in PvP, just like muls are in PVP4. Some mobs should be competed for :D

Oh really?

How can I harrass you in PVP unless you come back?

If the idiot comes back in PVP over and over, I'm the one harrassing by simply killing him???

I think HE would be harrassing me by returning over and over.

Just my point...he came back because there was nowhere else with what he wanted maybe? If there were another place...would he still?

t

Dont normally comment on this type of thing, but as a non Pker, id have to agree with the PVP is PVP sentiment.

Whenever i go in PVP zones, i go in knowing that i might get cut, thats what its there for. I certainly dont go in thinking oh well maybe they'll leave me alone. I check the ground and make a decision as to whether i should attempt a hunt or not...Hell in my state i have to say sometimes...boys, alright if i hunt here..and hope they dont skill me, i mean kill me...

I never blamed the sharks when i got done, i was in their territory, their rules baby, not mine. Same applies here...:scratch2:

Last edited:
Killing ISNT harrassing.

Now if I pk and then cuss you out each time, I can see getting in trouble. But not for simply PKing in a PVP area without saying a word.

What bothers me is if they Warn and lock ppl for killing in pvp areas, then they can (and should to be fair) do the same for people killing in pvp3-4.

I bet MA would even give noob miners their ores back if they are repeat killed in PVP4 and file a support case. :rolleyes:

I know this isn't 100% on the topic of this disagreement, but it should be a valid tactic for a society or team of players to 'control' a PvP area, saving the mobs for themselves. Just like ubers used to 'close' the rig, they should be allowed to 'close' the boorum spawn, pending they can effectively fight off all of their opponents.

Just my point...he came back because there was nowhere else with what he wanted maybe? If there were another place...would he still?

t

But it isn't mine or anyone elses fault he chose to return.

If the mob is soley in a PVP area then you need to either not be a douchebag and give people a reason to want to kill you, or be able to defend yourself.

this is what MA sent me:

Hi,

We have received several reports that you have been deliberately ruining the Entropia Universe experience for other participants while hunting. As an experienced Entropia Universe user, you should know that this behaviour is against the EULA.

If these reports are true, we must ask you to stop this kind of behaviour as it is upsetting to other participants and cause unnecessary frustration.

Kind regards,
Entropia Universe Support

But dont worry, ill be leaving as soon as its possible to skillout again.

Thanks to all i know in EU im gonna miss u alot, i will prolly login every once in a while to chat ;)

There is nothing in the MA warning talking about PVP. I have noticed that in swamp camp there are some ppl performing KS. It happened to me, on several mobs, so it wasn't an accident. Don't remember who it was, didn't made a screenshot, just avoid being where to many players are while hunting.

Don't know if this is your case, but try to understand the situation before misjudging. It may be the case that ppl reported you mistankenly, while there's another player with an avatar name similar to yours.

NOTE for KSers: Sonner or later you will taste from your own poison. There's always a bigger fish.

I know this isn't 100% on the topic of this disagreement, but it should be a valid tactic for a society or team of players to 'control' a PvP area, saving the mobs for themselves. Just like ubers used to 'close' the rig, they should be allowed to 'close' the boorum spawn, pending they can effectively fight off all of their opponents.

I would agree with that 100%....How else can players effectively illustrate your dominance or tactical superiority and so on. Nobody likes harassment, but honestly in those zones, this should be seen as a challenge, find a way in game. Thats what i like about the limitations in this place, their are all challenges. But yea, i agree with the above.

I am not a pker nor do I like being pked BUT... if it's PVP then alls fair in PVP...MA should not have sent out that mail because PVP is PVP and people should know that :scratch2:

Just read some of the last posts and this is really odd, and don't understaand MA position on this matter.

PvP stands for Plaayer versus Player period! If a player gets into such area, he's subject to be attacked or able to attack other players.
If a player doesn't want to attack or be attacked by other players, he has more then 75% of the map to go. Just don't go to PvP area!

This is the same thing as sending a report to MA, complaining that Atroxs are ruining their gameplay experience because they're always killing them! And preventing the players from getting a certain TP!

Come on this is ridiculous! I'm a very low lvl player, and know that whenever I get into PvP areas I'm subject and prone to be attacked. It's a natural thing.

You know, they warn people for killing others in PvP, but they dont even gives a damn about people kill stealing/Harassing/mobtraining onto people on non pvp areas. :rolleyes:

It actually isn't a question about PvP, but about behaviour and missing respect to other people ingame. Except of PvP 3 or PvP4, or if being attacked in any other PvP area, I never fired a weapon at anyone in PvP, expecially not shot in back (several times) while in fight with a mob.

I provided MA with video materials that actually did proof of JH doing this several times on me, but also on others, what he did was to shoot me/them in back and then kill the mob I/they was/were fighting with.

I also sent a pm to solo about a week ago explaining the whole situation and my actions since solo seems to be the only one who was involved to be capable on having a mature talk with.

And some BA members -repping me like mad on the forum since those incident/sdoesn't improve the situation at all, just as advice, that's just digging the mudhole even deeper.

To clearify, here's the pm I sent towards solo some days ago explaining the situation and why I'm (still) that pissed about their behaviour which continued for quite some time, so it wasn't an unique incident.

-rep me again if you want to, just makes me laugh even louder with each time you do ;)

Neg rep for you and you just made my KOS list, I will kill you every time I see you from now on, I don't care where or if you are on a mob (and I almost never pk anyone in hunting/pvp areas). What a fucking baby. :handjob:

Neg rep for you and you just made my KOS list, I will kill you every time I see you from now on, I don't care where or if you are on a mob (and I almost never pk anyone in hunting/pvp areas). What a fucking baby. :handjob:

lol :laugh: :laugh:

I agree PVP is PVP. No doubt about that. I'm the last person to give lectures on how to act in PVP. The main problem I see is the gap between the ubers and the non-ubers.

If MA designs a noobish PVP area so that the lower level players can have some fun fighting over the mobs, it won't be very fun for them when someone like me shows up and pK's them like 5000 times in a row. Especially if that person doesn't even let them touch the lowish level mobs they were there for in the first place. It isn't like they can really fight back as we all know with the gap being so huge.

*Doesn't really leave me anywhere I CAN kill people unfortunately: you're all nubs 4 me!

I agree PVP is PVP. No doubt about that. I'm the last person to give lectures on how to act in PVP. The main problem I see is the gap between the ubers and the non-ubers.

If MA designs a noobish PVP area so that the lower level players can have some fun fighting over the mobs, it won't be very fun for them when someone like me shows up and pK's them like 5000 times in a row. Especially if that person doesn't even let them touch the lowish level mobs they were there for in the first place. It isn't like they can really fight back as we all know with the gap being so huge.

At least that gap has been closed with the introduction of high level (L) weaponry. There are only a few of you left that are not easily killed by a well organized strike team. And it's not like there are PvP zones where the newbies should be at the moment, so we don't know how such a PvP zone would work.

Right, but in this particular case the noob swears hes better than all of us and that he is uber in ocmparison. That in itself is reason to think that they are a jerkoff.

He continuously says how uber he is and how my dear JH is a noob..lol Anyone with an Ego and attitude as crappy as this one needs to get a real ubers foot up their ass IMO :)

Agreed but it doesn't take more than an hour to get the point accross. At least not in most cases, Cyrex is taking a bit longer to understand (lol but he's getting there).

Agreed but it doesn't take more than an hour to get the point accross. At least not in most cases, Cyrex is taking a bit longer to understand (lol but he's getting there).

Obviously it does cuz this gu is goin on what.. 2 weeks now? Come on! Hes a baby, he needs to get over it AND HE NEEDS TO STOP NEG REPPING ME LIKE A FREAKING CRY BABY FFS!

I am a wife, mommy, and aunt and i have never seen ANYONE cry as much as this dude has... give it up girlyman :D

That is the most valid point I've seen so far.

Do those that keep going to the rig and get killed scream harrassment? Well I now see some probably would. GROW UP.

It's PVP. A person constantly going back to the same spot over and over is either sport for the game of pvp, or an idiot. Then filing a support case for such is asinine. And MA to act on it? Well Brook should be proud. WAY TO SCREW THE GAME EVEN MORE.

Does this mean I can file a support case for the repeated dying I have been experiencing at the rig? :scratch2: I mean, it is ruining my enjoyment of the rig! No mater which direction I come from, I get shot and killed! WTF???

Okay, really, in all seriousness... perhaps the easy solution would be for MA to have boorum spawn elsewhere, in a non-pvp zone? Afaik, with the exception of some PvP LA's, and the mobs in PvP4, boorum are the only mobs in game that can only be found in a PvP area.

PvP is PvP... simple. And yes, I have been killed at the rig, and had fun doing it... Got backed into a corner once, the other player called a buddy. As soon as the buddy appeared on radar, the ava said in local chat "you're dead". I laughed, and replied " well, I am in a PvP area. If I didn't expect to die, I wouldn't be here."

Until the boorum spot gets sorted, if ya can't handle the heat, stay out of the fire.

:D

Not to mention,

The guy has failed to provide any proof what-so-ever of these events even occuring.

He attempted to slander good players names, and failed.

Status
Back