PVP now gives u a warning from mindark ?

Status
I've never been in a PVP zone where I saw another living soul and I am an uber-noob, but it seems to me ...

1) if you are in a PVP zone you should expect to get PK'd and frankly I don't see where KS'ing is any different from looting your body, barring saving you a few rounds of ammo and losing a couple of xp.

2) you have the choice whether to be in a PVP zone so if you don't like being PK'd and KS'd then choose another area to hunt in

It's all about choices. Seems your choice is to play the martyr.

It actually isn't a question about PvP, but about behaviour and missing respect to other people ingame. Except of PvP 3 or PvP4, or if being attacked in any other PvP area, I never fired a weapon at anyone in PvP, expecially not shot in back (several times) while in fight with a mob.

I provided MA with video materials that actually did proof of JH doing this several times on me, but also on others, what he did was to shoot me/them in back and then kill the mob I/they was/were fighting with.

I also sent a pm to solo about a week ago explaining the whole situation and my actions since solo seems to be the only one who was involved to be capable on having a mature talk with.

And some BA members -repping me like mad on the forum since those incident/sdoesn't improve the situation at all, just as advice, that's just digging the mudhole even deeper.

To clearify, here's the pm I sent towards solo some days ago explaining the situation and why I'm (still) that pissed about their behaviour which continued for quite some time, so it wasn't an unique incident.

-rep me again if you want to, just makes me laugh even louder with each time you do ;)

I understand your frustration, but you must also understand that if you go into PvP you can (and most likely will) be attacked any time. Whether your killing a mob or not, just live with it, it's part of the PvP.

If you were suffering from KS in a non PvP area then I woulld give you credit on the matter...

hmmm

So the moral of this story is if your in PVP area, and you see a green dot come in radar and don't want to be PVPed, (even tho your in PVP area), grab closest mob and get it to jus lil above 50% health and you'll be safe from being killed:scratch2:
I guess we'll start seeing ppl run round oil rig in future with 75% health mobs following them round :laugh:

So the moral of this story is if your in PVP area, and you see a green dot come in radar and don't want to be PVPed, (even tho your in PVP area), grab closest mob and get it to jus lil above 50% health and you'll be safe from being killed:scratch2:
I guess we'll start seeing ppl run round oil rig in future with 75% health mobs following them round :laugh:

There have been people who tried that and then threatened to support case. Just wait till the mob crits them or they get tired of the decay then kill it :D

Mods Note:

The discussion here is a good one, but I wish you guys could try to keep it less personal. I dont want to close this thread on the basis of 2.2 - Insults/Flaming and 2.3 - Personal Disputes. So keep it clean guys, ok?

Im watching yoooou..... :cool:

My opinion: killing the same avatar over and over again in an area that is Pvp but not the red lootable areas, is bad maners if the player is not interfering with you. In the red pvp areas, it's okey too kill how much you want.

My opinion: killing the same avatar over and over again in an area that is Pvp but not the red lootable areas, is bad maners if the player is not interfering with you. In the red pvp areas, it's okey too kill how much you want.

If they keep coming back, then they continue to consent to being killed. It's their choice to take part in PVP.

So when the rig gets pumping oil again, I guess you can't kill me there when I'm trying to get oil? :scratch2:

I love pvp and I'm not even that good at it. It is especially great when some goof drags mobs on you and you can kill them for it. Sweet revenge. :ahh:

Bad manners, lol

Bad manners is making up names to accuse of things, and getting them warnings from MA over BS support cases.

This game is about entertainment for the person playing it. If it entertains me to kill someone, I will do it as long as I am following the rules MA has set. It is my peds being spent on a zone MA created for that purpose.

I shouldn't be expected to gain less enjoyment of the game just because a lower skilled/equipped player wants me to allow them to.

They should spend the money just as I and others have had to to get that same enjoyment.

2009-09-30 14:49 Entropia Universe Support:

Hi Ben,

Thank you for contacting us with your enquiry. You may indeed kill players in pvp zones, however, if your repeatedly sabotage another person's experience of the Entropia Universe we may consider it harrassment.

If you are so serious about pvp we suggest you visit designated pvp zones as well.

Kind regards,
Entropia Universe Support

Translation:

You may kill players in PvP zones. :yay:
If you repeatedly kill someone over and over, it is harassment. :confused:
If you want to repeatedly kill someone and not have it be harassment, go to a PvP zone. :scratch2:
Our response will be a contradiction. :(

Oil rig isn't in Red lootable area. SO what do you propose there?

I see no difference between rig and any area of PVP.

If someone wants to close the area and attack any and all green dot they choose, that's part of pvp.

Don't run out on the field with the big boys and girls if only going to cry when someone knocks you down. Just watch from the sidelines if not willing to take what goes with the area.

Translation:

You may kill players in PvP zones. :yay:
If you repeatedly kill someone over and over, it is harassment. :confused:
If you want to repeatedly kill someone and not have it be harassment, go to a PvP zone. :scratch2:
Our response will be a contradiction. :(

We can ONLY kill them in PVP zones anyways, so that doesn't make any sense. :scratch2: Hulk, Selene, etc. you can only kill me once a week in pvp 4 now or I will report you. :silly2:

So when the rig gets pumping oil again, I guess you can't kill me there when I'm trying to get oil? :scratch2:

I love pvp and I'm not even that good at it. It is especially great when some goof drags mobs on you and you can kill them for it. Sweet revenge. :ahh:

I think it mainly just applies to hunting (which is one of the fundemental activities in EU). I mean killing someone repeatedly when theyre just trying to hunt, and not only that but looting their mob? Thats kind of on the edge of things.

I can see how MA can say thats its disturbing the enjoyment of other players in that case. It would be like me at cp constantly running into the center of dome 4 at peak player time... agroing all the mobs onto everyone, reviving and then repeating the same thing. Doesnt say anywhere in ToU that i cant kill myself repetitively right? But i sure would fuck up other people's hunting time.

Look it isn't as if they are camping the revival and constantly killing people as they revive over and over. This as in other games is total crap. But not the case here.

People once killed have the choice to either go somewhere else, or go back into the pvp area and perhaps put up a better fight.

If you are outmatched, do like at the rig, try and get a bigger stronger force. Otherwise wait your turn.

True but i mean personally, (this was pre VU10) if i ever used to pass by someone hunting at rig i'd leave them. Though if i saw someone just standing along the side lines of oil rig...even tho they weren't collecting oil and just standing around, i'd be more prone to kill them.

This is what i've seen many other players go by too, generaly.

I think it mainly just applies to hunting (which is one of the fundemental activities in EU). I mean killing someone repeatedly when theyre just trying to hunt, and not only that but looting their mob? Thats kind of on the edge of things.

I can see how MA can say thats its disturbing the enjoyment of other players in that case. It would be like me at cp constantly running into the center of dome 4 at peak player time... agroing all the mobs onto everyone, reviving and then repeating the same thing. Doesnt say anywhere in ToU that i cant kill myself repetitively right? But i sure would fuck up other people's hunting time.

They werent KSing in the initial dispute anyways, but regradless of that it is not ok for MA to pick and choose when PK is acceptable in PVP. It needs to be black and white on paper with a definitive line.

If they have too many players that are whiney about their feelings getting hurt or that they are getting killed in a PVP zone than I guess MA needs to change those PVP zones to cater to whiney babies even more.
There is only 3 answeres and MA needs to pick one.

1. Move all spawns out of any PVP zone

2. Allow people to PVP in PVP...go figure:p

3. Big whiney babies grow up and Shut it

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1VRZq3J0uz4[/YOUTUBE]

woop woop............

They werent KSing in the initial dispute anyways, but regradless of that it is not ok for MA to pick and choose when PK is acceptable in PVP. It needs to be black and white on paper with a definitive line.

If they have too many players that are whiney about their feelings getting hurt or that they are getting killed in a PVP zone than I guess MA needs to change those PVP zones to cater to whiney babies even more.
There is only 3 answeres and MA needs to pick one.

1. Move all spawns out of any PVP zone

2. Allow people to PVP in PVP...go figure:p

3. Big whiney babies grow up and Shut it

yeh i think most are just whiney babies...although even tho i agree PK is PK, there are some general etiquettes that i thought were just accepted.

I mean once i was at rig hunting and tagged a Trox stalker, then mid way through kill i see a green dot in radar suddenly appear (tp'd in). He stood there for abit then just killed me after a couple of shots (with stalker still on me) lol I mean its a stalker, i wouldnt have been so angry at the time if it was like a trox old. Plus i was no where near rig and even typed (while getting bitten) "not here for oil, just hunting" :laugh: But this was ages ago =P

Agreed taht for the most part many of us carry ettiquite just for the simple fact that we dont want our own hunting experiance ruined, BUT once you start being a douchbag in those areas... you kind of lose your right to bitch IMO.
If you are a polite, repectable hunter im sure you will never have a problem, but If your attitude sux expect it.

Also keeping in mind taht people dont HAVE to be nice. It would be good every now and then to see humanity not fall into asshole mode but in this case.. he deserved it.

yeh i think most are just whiney babies...although even tho i agree PK is PK, there are some general etiquettes that i thought were just accepted.

I mean once i was at rig hunting and tagged a Trox stalker, then mid way through kill i see a green dot in radar suddenly appear (tp'd in). He stood there for abit then just killed me after a couple of shots (with stalker still on me) lol I mean its a stalker, i wouldnt have been so angry at the time if it was like a trox old. Plus i was no where near rig and even typed (while getting bitten) "not here for oil, just hunting" :laugh: But this was ages ago =P

I understand what your saying,

Now look at it this way.

You hear about a friend getting pked on a trox at rig, which sucked. You come to EF, make a post naming 3-4 people who weren't even around, but apparently your friend told you did it, saying they each pked you and then ks'd your trox. You then turn them into MA support threatening these players who have never met you ingame with ban's, lying about having proof in screenshots and videos which you "won't" post, and whine about these people not having any respect or morals, neg rep them, etc.

You then let everyone know you camp trox at rig only, and are going back to rig to hunt trox....

Do you expect people you "may" encounter to be polite and not pk you?

This discussion is as old as pvp concept I guess.

While I don't usually enjoy pk and I won't publicly comment my opinion on pk'ers ( :D ), is their business/pleasure/whatever, just buy my 7A sga plate mkay?

Shooting somebody while that one is hunting is, however, lame, nomatter who you are.

No idea where is the truth in this case, nor do I care, but I must wonder if most of the guys involved are 12 yo.

No idea where is the truth in this case, nor do I care, but I must wonder if most of the guys involved are 12 yo.

Nah, I just have no tolerance for stupid people anymore :(

You're telling me! lol

Things could be worse I suppose.

Wow, complaining for dying, "harrassement" in pvp.. hmmmm.....

I was out there killing borums.. got unexpectedly pked by one of the mentioned ppl /soc's here. Went back up, killed person that killed me.. got taken out by another of their soc as wasn't expecting that either. What I do? Wasn't worth it to go back and keep going. It's their total right to pk me as it's PVP. Still, it's PVP! Don't like it.. simple.. don't go there or get a bigger gun! I also told that to the others at the op that had been killed and were complaining.

Amazed that Star or anyone ever got temp locked for pvp... was it because you danced on their dead bodies???? :laugh:

Agreed taht for the most part many of us carry ettiquite just for the simple fact that we dont want our own hunting experiance ruined, BUT once you start being a douchbag in those areas... you kind of lose your right to bitch IMO.
If you are a polite, repectable hunter im sure you will never have a problem, but If your attitude sux expect it.

Also keeping in mind taht people dont HAVE to be nice. It would be good every now and then to see humanity not fall into asshole mode but in this case.. he deserved it.

I didn't PK or KS anyone. You did on me. So stop the fuck lying. Or file a support case with prooves of me doing so to MA and let me ge warned. If you can do so, I'll give you all of my inventory, because that wouldn't be my way of playing EU. If you want prooves, unless MA tells me that I'm "allowed" to make the videos and screenshots public, ask smartinez, danny or cyrex who also were there. YOU weren't there, so shut the fuck up.

I ever was a honest player and trying to be nice to everyone crossing my way (well, except of MMA after he fucked with me), but anyway, your society fucked off completely, also deleted all members that are from your soc from my FL before.

@skam, i'll ask you seriously, please lock this thread before I'm getting seriously insulting because of this bullshit about my person here.

I didn't PK or KS anyone. You did on me. So stop the fuck lying. Or file a support case with prooves of me doing so to MA and let me ge warned. If you can do so, I'll give you all of my inventory, because that wouldn't be my way of playing EU. If you want prooves, unless MA tells me that I'm "allowed" to make the videos and screenshots public, ask smartinez, danny or cyrex who also were there. YOU weren't there, so shut the fuck up.

I ever was a honest player and trying to be nice to everyone crossing my way (well, except of MMA after he fucked with me), but anyway, your society fucked off completely, also deleted all members that are from your soc from my FL before.

@skam, i'll ask you seriously, please lock this thread before I'm getting seriously insulting because of this bullshit about my person here.

She never accused you of PKing or KSing.. she accused you of being annoying and rude. By calling them names, or arguing with them, or telling them how much better than them you are, etc... you're giving them just cause to not like you, and therefore shoot you whenever possible.

I didn't PK or KS anyone.

So you were lying about "getting your revenge" by pking ppl at boorums like you previously mentioned?

Seems everything out of your mouth about this has been one big lie

And I dont blame you one bit for begging for this to be locked.

You screwed up bigtime, and now are trying your best to stick it under the carpet.

PROVIDE THE PROOF you SWEAR you have and the problem is solved,

Otherwise, everyone in EU should know your a liar.

Status
Back