Rate the Moderator JohnCapital

Status
You just keep pushing the boundries of stupidity! Why dont you try to be a man of your word?

JC is doing a heck of a job.. puts in huge hours keeping this forum a decent place.

This brings up an interesting question such as "should moderator stay neutral and act as Switzerland, not taking sides? or should he act as normal player". In this case John acted in capacity of a normal player. However he plays both roles, being both moderator and player. He does represent though FPC in terms of official entity which punished/shamed a player for subjective reasons.
I do like John and I think he`s a good moderator that unlike others can sit and listen to reason. Situation presents tough a interesting dilemma and a potential conflict of interests between his acting in the capacity of SEE employee or acting in the capacity of a normal player.

Regarding the issue of the neg rep. Shouldn`t be good news for FPC(which John represents basically) that a customer player decided not to sell out and stay ingame to keep spending peds instead of withdrawing? Shouldn`t the purpose of FPC to encourage players to stay and keep playing? On the other hand a normal player might have his own perception and feelings towards fellow players and he`s fully entitled to express them via the rep system. Tough call.:scratch2:

Possible solution: Hire John as a full time moderator and the thin line between player/employee won`t exist anymore.

Easy Mikass its not FPC any more :p

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?211470-Get-FPC-Out-of-your-VOCABULARY!

I think many of you be on JC's side. and cannot see things clearly.

As long as MJ still has his stuff un-sold in his inventory, he is still playing. Then, there's nothing wrong when he opens another buying thread. The purpose of his buying thread is very clear: He wants to have a complete armor set, which would be more attractive and be sold easier. If his armor parts get sold before he could buy any extra part, I'm sure that MJ will close the buying thread.

The one who is sensitive here is JC, not MJ.

MJ maybe a bad guy, he did bad things, blah blah ... But in this case, MJ does not violate any rules or any common sense.

Beside being a moderator, JC is also a normal member in this forum. I agree. But, he is a moderator, he somehow has influence on this forum's image, and he should be more responsible when writing comments or post. When you have power, you have influence and you must be responsible. JC does not need to be so neutral, but somehow must be 'fair'.

Lol

Why don't you go smoke some Mary Jane and calm the f*** down dude... :beerchug:

humanz does as humanz pleaseszzzz

if JC want to neg rep you as a forum member then i say go ahead
if MA want to leave my ass sore then i guess they will
if some1 want to exploit the game and get banned i guess that's a choise aswell ^^

I think many of you be on JC's side. and cannot see things clearly.

As long as MJ still has his stuff un-sold in his inventory, he is still playing. Then, there's nothing wrong when he opens another buying thread. The purpose of his buying thread is very clear: He wants to have a complete armor set, which would be more attractive and be sold easier. If his armor parts get sold before he could buy any extra part, I'm sure that MJ will close the buying thread.

The one who is sensitive here is JC, not MJ.

MJ maybe a bad guy, he did bad things, blah blah ... But in this case, MJ does not violate any rules or any common sense.

Beside being a moderator, JC is also a normal member in this forum. I agree. But, he is a moderator, he somehow has influence on this forum's image, and he should be more responsible when writing comments or post. When you have power, you have influence and you must be responsible. JC does not need to be so neutral, but somehow must be 'fair'.

The point JC gave was, that he had a thread called "Selling out" and another where he buys, considering the moral in the whole case and being backed by rules of no "i quit" threads find it a just case.

Must...resist...negative...rep...

The point JC gave was, that he had a thread called "Selling out" and another where he buys, considering the moral in the whole case and being backed by rules of no "i quit" threads find it a just case.

Rules or Laws must be 'interpreted' . If you study law, or a law subject in your degree, you know that interpretation is important in law system. Law or Rules cannot cover all possible cases, so the law enforcer must interpret the meaning and apply them to each case.

Rules state that when you are selling out, you must show that you are actually selling out, therefore, it's not common to open another buying thread. But the purpose of MJ to open his buying thread is to SUPPORT his selling out thread, therefore, MJ does not violate the rules.

Rules or Laws must be 'interpreted' . If you study law, or a law subject in your degree, you know that interpretation is important in law system. Law or Rules cannot cover all possible cases, so the law enforcer must interpret the meaning and apply them to each case.

Rules state that when you are selling out, you must show that you are actually selling out, therefore, it's not common to open another buying thread. But the purpose of MJ to open his buying thread is to SUPPORT his selling out thread, therefore, MJ does not violate the rules.

Well sayed but its to much information for a common forum player you can try to explain 1 million times the situation but the size of them brains even if they understand is to small to agree...

In order for him to support his sale's thread it would be appropiate to cross referance thoose, otherwise they will stand alone.

Selling Out ... Dome 2 , Supremacy SGA, and Doa strikehammer
Im selling out for personal reasons ...

No rush on sale...

This is what you said and then you open another thread with I'm buying!
Your full of sh*t! And just now you change the first post to include "moderator please close thread" JC is a VERY good moderator. Go away nub...

Selling Out ... Dome 2 , Supremacy SGA, and Doa strikehammer
Im selling out for personal reasons ...

No rush on sale...

This is what you said and then you open another thread with I'm buying!
Your full of sh*t! And just now you change the first post to include "moderator please close thread" JC is a VERY good moderator. Go away nub...

Nub our Noob?

You seem utterly confused about "Rules and Laws" vs opinions.

Positive and Negative rep are opinion based, handed out by individuals for a variety of reasons...

I think the only "rule" is to only hand out negative rep for posts you strongly disagree with or disapprove of, and not abuse neg rep by getting into a "rep war" with other forum members.

Moderators are entitled to opinions...
As such, they should be allowed to give positive and/or negative feedback as they see fit.

One question:

If youre selling out, why do you care if youve been neg-repped?

Its not like you're gonna be here much longer. Just roll with it. The rep system is stupid and people abuse it all the time.

Where do rules say that? Actually rules say no such thing but:

3.8 - Quitting/Leaving
Any threads or posts about leaving Planet Calypso, Entropia Universe or PlanetCalypsoForum, such as “I’m Quitting” or “Taking a Break” whether for positive or negative reasons, will be deleted without notice. This rule applies especially to sales threads. If you are leaving Entropia Universe and are selling your items, DO NOT include comments in your sales thread that indicate that you are quitting or taking a break. Members who are curious about the intentions of the thread starter can inquire via a private message, or within Entropia Universe.

Which rule says that when you`re having a selling out thread you have to actually sell out without doubt or hesitation? I believe most veteran players have quit and started playing again. Among the old timers, there`s a pretty big % that tried, wanted to quit and changed their mind.

Last edited:
Neg rep for changing your mind about selling out?

Well I wouldn't neg rep someone for that but maybe JC has had other issues to deal with regarding you, that made him hit the red button.

I'd imagine this will be getting the :locked: soon enough.

Well sayed but its to much information for a common forum player you can try to explain 1 million times the situation but the size of them brains even if they understand is to small to agree...

LMAO!!!

Your head is large enough to make up for all the rest of us with small brains...

Hey dear Entropians...

In the last weeks im trying to sell out some items i have in game like 4 parts Supermacy armor and others items and if i sell the doa our dome I want to buy rest of parts of Supermacy to make the set and a kind of MODERATOR John Teacher Capital (JohnCapital) more one time show how young it is to be moderator giving -rep for a buying thread
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...s-Supremacy-our-similar&p=2760609#post2760609

I never see before moderator give -rep but moderator should be to moderate the forum not to spread -reps and BS stuff throw to the players...

What you think about this?
If you selling items out but you still intersted in make ur armor set full if u sell the others items is fair a moderator -rep you and be rude for you write that

"Guess your statement that you are selling out was incorrect then.

Gratz on being my 1st neg rep in many months.

Guess I might as well start enforcing rule 3.8 - Quitting/Leaving again. I've ignored enforcing that one for a while, but seems nothing's changed. Folks say they're leaving and it turns out they are here to stay."

Support send tp FPC for prosecution...
And now close the thread our change the context like before...

christ, get a life already

Super Macy

MacyPoster3.jpg

Supremacy
Image.aspx

What a nerd you are mery jeina. if you care rep then dont do bs on this forum and stop whinning like a little kid all the time you make problems and got locked... you should get banned from this forum too...

It's been pointed out in this thread that making 'I'm leaving threads' is not allowed.
Also there's a rule on bumping that you had a hard time with.
Now If there is 1 person who should STFU about abusing I think that would def. be you
On a side note.. what is it you expect to achieve with this thread, respect from fellow forum users?
Think it will benefit you're sales? :laugh:

Some people may have a bigger brain than you and still disagree because you're wrong?
Maybe a bit less weed will help...

"You must -rep someone else before you can -rep Mary Jane again"

Status
Back