Rate the Moderator JohnCapital

Status
you can freely neg rep me wizz, if it brings you any closer to your goal :smoke:

Seconded. I don't care about my rep, feel free to use it for a critical hit.

too bad your first post breaks a forum rule otherwise it might have turned into a healthy discussion.

Hey dear Entropians...

In the last weeks im trying to sell out some items i have in game like 4 parts Supermacy armor and others items and if i sell the doa our dome I want to buy rest of parts of Supermacy to make the set and a kind of MODERATOR John Teacher Capital (JohnCapital) more one time show how young it is to be moderator giving -rep for a buying thread
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...s-Supremacy-our-similar&p=2760609#post2760609

I never see before moderator give -rep but moderator should be to moderate the forum not to spread -reps and BS stuff throw to the players...

What you think about this?
If you selling items out but you still intersted in make ur armor set full if u sell the others items is fair a moderator -rep you and be rude for you write that

"Guess your statement that you are selling out was incorrect then.

Gratz on being my 1st neg rep in many months.

Guess I might as well start enforcing rule 3.8 - Quitting/Leaving again. I've ignored enforcing that one for a while, but seems nothing's changed. Folks say they're leaving and it turns out they are here to stay."

Support send tp FPC for prosecution...
And now close the thread our change the context like before...

Are you still here??

I would +rep any moderator banning you as reading your posts insults anyones intelligence

Angel

Hey dear Entropians...

Support send tp FPC for prosecution...And now close the thread our change the context like before...

ohh my, only now i see you have also reported JC to FPC, you are one sick little hypokritic self liking individual, your actions speak for you.

Well sayed but its to much information for a common forum player you can try to explain 1 million times the situation but the size of them brains even if they understand is to small to agree...

What you have just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this thread is now dumber for having read it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

Last edited:
Reading through the replies another discussion topic arises...

Poll:
(o) OP has been smoking too much
(o) OP has been smoking too little
(o) OP has been smoking just the right amount
(o) View results/EFD

/jk:)

Easy to see the anger of to many forum players here...

I just want people leave me alone selling and buying items at same time was never against the rules and now look this change thats my point of view...

Nothing to say more and please guys the time many of players spend here why not spend in game?
Really allmost all of anger guys on the thread is easy to just a look on tracker and see how much important they are for this game ...

:woot::beerchug::smash::sniper::thumbup::tower::thumbup::twocents::argue::censored:

Reading through the replies another discussion topic arises...

Poll:
(o) OP has been smoking too much
(o) OP has been smoking too little
(o) OP has been smoking just the right amount
(o) View results/EFD

/jk:)

Nice comment :smoke:

If you watch that whole SOD show Billy does a back flip off the speakers on stage into the crowd and starts beating the crap outta some one. Incredible he didnt kill the dude seeing he jumped from over 10 feet and probably weighed over 280 lbs at the time. :tongue2:

I just want people leave me alone selling and buying items at same time was never against the rules and now look this change thats my point of view...

Nothing to say more and please guys the time many of players spend here why not spend in game?
Really allmost all of anger guys on the thread is easy to just a look on tracker and see how much important they are for this game ...

:woot::beerchug::smash::sniper::thumbup::tower::thumbup::twocents::argue::censored:

right..you have 27k total huntingloot at tracker ...
and another thing..you out of all people(known exploiter) dare to report an (very good moderator who does it without getting paid) to fpc ??? for ehh what exactly ??..doing his unpaid job ?

and you out of all people blaming someone for spelling something wrong (nub or noob)..infact you even made mistake in that blame,you said (nub our noob)

and id like to say that although i once had an disagreement with jc,he explained his reasoning to me in pm and i kinda reluctantly(cause my ego is to big for my age :)) had to agree with him,

i think he is doing his job very well,better then i ever could cause i dont think i could look at most things as objective as jc can

you just cant stop digging your own hole deeper...

lolcat.jpg

My Dear MJ,

JC most likely reacted this way because you did not mention anything about buying these parts to complete the set for an easier sale in your buying thread, just in the selling thread. :) I can see that there was a slight misunderstanding, and the very next user reply pointed that out.

Of course, anybody can still buy stuff while selling out. Whether you like it or not, that's your own opinion - and if you want to show it, that's what -/+ rep system's for. :rolleyes: JC used just that - an option available to any pcf user - and did not abuse any of his specific moderator rights by using them against you.

SO WHY THE FUCK ALL THIS RANT, MJ. WHY THE FUCK. GET A LIFE.

Oh and one more thing,

if you want people to leave you alone then maybe you should

Try it out. It really helps. I recommend it. ^_^​

1. Anyone who thinks nub is a misspelling, is a total nub.

2. The OP accused the moderator of prosecution, when the correct term is persecution:

http://englishplus.com/grammar/00000290.htm

Unless there is some legal case in a Swedish court between MJ and planetcalypsoforum.com of which I am unaware :confused:

1. Anyone who thinks nub is a misspelling, is a total nub.

2. The OP accused the moderator of prosecution, when the correct term is persecution:

http://englishplus.com/grammar/00000290.htm

Unless there is some legal case in a Swedish court between MJ and planetcalypsoforum.com of which I am unaware :confused:

Was a joke even me all people see my sleeping is poor sorry kittin

Goodness me !

Well, Us mods are players as well that just help out on this forum. Nothing big or clever about it.

I am sure there are better things for you get worries about Mary Jane :)

Locking this for a multitude of violations that have numbers associated with them in the rules.

:locked:

My my. Interesting what happens after I go to sleep.

Safara made the right call on closing this thread, for a few reasons, let alone rule 2.14 - Administrator/Moderator Criticism. However, with moderator's privilege, I will respond in hopes of clarifying a few things.

Mary's buying thread was done back in early May. His sales thread came June 3, a month later, after a lot of "issues" came about for him.

As moderator, I've been ignoring rule 3.8 - Quitting/Leaving, otherwise, I'd have adjusted the title of his sales thread. (Not sure if this would have altered things or not, tbh. Simply giving facts.) He has made many comments about how he is intending to sell out. Technically I should've modded these and privately reminded Mary of the rules (something I do often). However, like posts from other players, I let him state he was "Selling out", even in a thread title.

And then to see a buying thread bumped after a month upset me personally as well as on a moderator level.

I admit, I did not see in his sales thread where he said:
Just 4 parts together and i still looking for the other parts...

However, personally I fail to see if you are selling out "for personal reasons" you would not simply sell those 4 pieces to allow someone else to complete their own set.

Quite frankly, when I saw the bumped buying thread, I felt Mary had zero intention of selling out, and was simply using the old "Selling out! Buy quick!" routine. Those who have enjoyed New Years at Times Square in New York City know how some businesses heavily advertise fake "going out of business" sales, only to find those businesses still open later. New York actually had to make a law forbidding those fake "going out of business" sales.

If Mary's true intention is to sell out all his stuff and leave the game as he said, then I owe him an apology. If however,

The public comment on his buying thread, as well as the -rep I gave him, reflected my personal feelings of yet another lie he's given the community. Yes, I mentioned the "quitting" rule, and should not have done that, as it blurs the moderator/personal opinions.

As a volunteer moderator who is simply a player of this game, instead of an employee, I feel comfortable (and have been told I'm allowed) to express my personal opinions. However, I am aware of my position as mod and try to make sure when it's a personal opinion I post, folks understand I am not speaking in any "official" capacity.

However, in this case, I could have done a better job of making it clear I was speaking personally, and not as a moderator. that was my fault. I'll try to be clearer next time.

Mary Jane also seems to have failed to remember when I have also (quite recently actually) modded in his favor (in the selling thread ironically).

Funny how no one complains about my abusing my power when I +rep them. :laugh:

However, valid or not, this was a criticism of my moderating and I've allowed a location for just this issue.

I will merge this thread into the appropriate location.

--edit--
Done. However, I will be modding out certain issues I find, such as flaming/insulting. Even here, please try to be civil.
--/edit--

Last edited:
Hanne|SDS -repped me not long ago, and you didn't see a single comment on that...

Some people should really get a grip and take a -rep for what it is:

Someone's not happy with your posts

All the fuss and crying and whining is totally ridiculous - there will always be someone who aint happy with your posts, no matter how positive and constructive it is, so better grow up and learn in time that a negrep doesn't mean that your momma started to hate you...

(And i know what i'm talking about, i have received more -reps than most others here have +reps...)

I just hope JC keep doing hes great job for us all here on the forum :)
I couldent care less about that MJ figure lol

My my. Interesting what happens after I go to sleep.
--(and all text i removed to make the quote shorter, but I agree on what you say)--->
I will merge this thread into the appropriate location.

--edit--
Done. However, I will be modding out certain issues I find, such as flaming/insulting. Even here, please try to be civil.
--/edit--

I fail to see why you would even have to explain yourself... I'm starting to think MJ is just trolling around, trying to get as much attention as possible... Not sure why tho... :D

Negrepping doesn't change anything(as long as you got your reasons which was obvious this time), still the best mod JC :)

@MJ -

Shit or get off the pot man. I'm neither your supporter or detractor...I am neutral when it comes to you. I just believe that when you say you're going to do something...then do it. This: :poke: and this: :argue: don't hold much weight or do much good IMHO. Now maybe you're doing a little too much of this: :smoke: and not enough of this: :makelove: ??? But in the end it has me doing this: :banghead:

@JC -

I think you're maybe feeding the fire a little bit HOWEVER...I feel you have a right to respond. As moderator I think you're hard but fair. I think you're only human like the rest of us. I would say to you: Carry on but continually evaluate your role as Moderator if only for you're own peace of mind and sense of conscience.

Last edited:
You wanted feedback, judging by what you just did in a "self created" thread.

Give it up.

Just that, there are people who can devote as much or more time as you to the forum that dont delete posts they disagree with. In fact there should be 5x as many moderators to this forum as there are now.

Safara is never here, JimmyB gave up years ago. 711 hasnt responded to why the CFD were removed 3 months ago.

That leaves you. I'm sorry but power corrupts mate, absolute power corrupts absolutely.

Time to step down.

You wanted feedback, judging by what you just did in a "self created" thread.

For the record, this is in response to this thread, where I asked folks to stay on topic. That topic being why space is PVP, not whether it sucks or not.

I don't think you understand how often us mods get complaints about the multiple "space sucks" "pirates sucks" threads. (and note we've left the vast majority alone unless they become trolling flame-fests) so my request on that thread is not unusual. I've seen plenty of other OPs request posters to stay on topic. Why should I not be allowed to make the same request just because I also happen to moonlight as a moderator? :scratch2:

And we both agree this forum needs more moderators.

For the record, this is in response to this thread, where I asked folks to stay on topic. That topic being why space is PVP, not whether it sucks or not.

I don't think you understand how often us mods get complaints about the multiple "space sucks" "pirates sucks" threads. (and note we've left he vast majority alone unless they become trolling flame-fests) so my request on that thread is not unusual. I've seen plenty of other OPs request posters to stay on topic. Why should I not be allowed to make the same request just because I also happen to moonlight as a moderator? :scratch2:

And we both agree this forum needs more moderators.

Restore the picture and stop being a miserable "so and so" if you can't take criticism the same as the rest of us then there is a problem. It was mildly humorous and expressed my feelings on the whole matter.

Status
Back