Rate the Moderator JohnCapital

Status
Restore the picture and stop being a miserable "so and so"

If that pic were made against someone else, and it was reported, I would have removed it on the same grounds.

If that pic were made against someone else, and it was reported, I would have removed it on the same grounds.

lolcat-unimpressed_.jpg

(btw it was a simpsons picture for the curious)

Last edited:
New to this forum, have a bad opinion thus far. If you comment in a thread you should not be allowed to delete posts (unless you commented in *only* a technical forum moderator fashion).

-rep

I've played EU for only a year and havent been on the forum much at all.
Now I finaly have and done 1 post which I needed an answer on, but havent got any in a week.
Its 4 post under this one.

Cant really rate anything, but what I've heard from all friends when I couldnt post on the Uber Loot Section was "Talk to JohnCapital, he is the best and most active moderator" so I guess you are doing fine ;)

Keep it up!

I'll only give you, JohnCapital, a rating if you tell me if you like Domo-kun or if you don't like Domo-kun.

I think your doing reasonable decisions and your definitely the most active mod

Personally I'm way too sinister, I like seeing the forum burn :D

Nazi forum moderation at it's finest found RIGHT HERE at PCF....

nuff said...

Menace

moderators can't pick sides in any discussion.
they are a token of power, and will without realising it themselfs,
function as a fire for the mob which is already rallied.

Therefore in my opinion,
we should have a forum where the staff is not related to any players.
We should have a forum owned by MINDARK, and run by support staff.

( as menace said.. nazi forum right here.. )

Therefore in my opinion,
we should have a forum where the staff is not related to any players.
We should have a forum owned by MINDARK, and run by support staff.

Oh yes, that will make them so impartial to all the issues regarding MindArk ... NOT!

New to this forum, have a bad opinion thus far. If you comment in a thread you should not be allowed to delete posts (unless you commented in *only* a technical forum moderator fashion).

-rep

It dont look good on this thread when the above user is now banned. :lolup:

How about 711 asking for a couple more mods, maybe Mega could step to the mark and see what JC has to deal with, Mega has plenty of knowlage and spends a lot of time of forum and in game. This would also take some of the workload of JC and then how the forum is moderatored can be shouldered than just JC.

As far as JC dose a good job or not sometimes yes and othertimes no, but like a lot of things in life we dont get to see what happens in the background.

You wanted feedback, judging by what you just did in a "self created" thread.

Give it up.

Just that, there are people who can devote as much or more time as you to the forum that dont delete posts they disagree with.

I am constantly monitoring the moderation activities of the forum staff, and have never seen JohnCapital delete a post that was not in violation of the forum rules.

In fact there should be 5x as many moderators to this forum as there are now.

I would agree that PCF probably needs one or two more active moderators, and have been considering several candidates. To say that the forum needs 15 moderators (5x the current staff) is a bit excessive though, in my opinion.

Safara is never here, JimmyB gave up years ago. 711 hasnt responded to why the CFD were removed 3 months ago.

Safara is still quite active on the forum in between real-life responsibilities.
JimmyB certainly has not given up. He may not be as active as he was at certain points in the past, but he still is an important part of the forum staff.
As for me, I have explained in several posts the reason why the CFD system has been disabled. In fact you even replied in the thread where I explained the situation with the CFD system, so I am not sure why you claim '711 hasnt responded to why the CFD were removed 3 months ago'. (Note also that my post there was made 2 months ago, not 3).

The entire CFD system has been temporarily disabled while I sort out some performance issues.

Thanks for your patience.

Also FYI: for the past year or so, I have once again been assisting the forum staff with moderation duties. We also have a private staff subforum where the moderators and I can communicate and consult with one another about issues that arise, and the mods can get advice from one another on how to handle any particular issue. Moderation is never taking place in a vaccuum.

That leaves you. I'm sorry but power corrupts mate, absolute power corrupts absolutely.

Time to step down.

Excuse me, but it is hardly your place to decide if or when one of the PCF staff should 'step down'. If I determine that one of the forum moderators is abusing their power, you can be sure that I would step in very quickly. Fortunately, that has never been an issue on this forum, and I do not foresee it happening anytime soon.

In my opinion JohnCapital has done an excellent job as a moderator. He has a solid reputation for fairness, good judgement, transparency and level-headedness. In fact, all of the moderators here on PCF share those qualities, and those qualities were the main reason each of them were invited to become moderators in the first place. So far, not a single member of the current forum staff has disappointed in those areas.

As an example of such, JohnCapital created this thread with good intentions and voluntarily opened himself up to critique and criticism, knowing full well that it could easily result in potshots being taken at his moderator activities by members unhappy about having one of their posts moderated.

However, it appears this thread is moving in the wrong direction and becoming both more personal and more general than originally intended.

In the future, if anyone has an issue or complaint about JC or any of the other PCF moderators they should contact me directly via private message.

:locked:

Status
Back