Info: Scam, but it was on a Ad terminal? MUST READ!

Status

golddude

Elite
Society
Irken Invaders
Ary Steve Hunter
Ok i was watching the add terminal and seen this page on the terminal for free ped so i click on this website right here.... {link removed} and see how it worked.... WATCH THE VIDEO PPL!!! It asks for your username and password.. here just watch {link removed}
same link

It asks for ur username and password for taking like surveys and once u get 200 ped u get a pay check... Well i think this is WRONG... Then at the end it says "We will arange a time to give you the ped". Why would they ask for your pasword then?

Don't try this bet its a scam...

Last edited by a moderator:
That's just fucking low.... Support case it? Mindark/fpc should be able to locate who did the add and then ban that personal number/IP or whatever that it was made from...

Thanks for the heads up.

It looks like a service being offered,
Not asking you to use your Entropia Login details.

{Domain name registration info removed}

Last edited by a moderator:
I hope noone willl be stupid enuf to put his username and pasword !

MA should hurry to remove such advertiment/scam !

It does seem a little skeezy, but he's not asking for your in game password or login. Just your avatar name for purposes of finding you, and for you to create a password for this service.

He mentions do not use the same login and password that you use for EU.

Also, please do not use the same password for your Zehx.com account as you do for Entropia Universe. login is your zehx.com username not your avatar name.

(gold)Dude, if you're gonna put up a post telling people that they "MUST READ", it would probably be a good idea to read it yourself.

Thanks for the panic over f@ck all.

Hurrikane

He is asking for your avatar name. My logon name is nothing at all like my avatar name. Also not asking for your EU password. Even so I am not sure if this is legit since it is PED from outside the game ...

Also, please do not use the same password for your Zehx.com account as you do for Entropia Universe. login is your zehx.com username not your avatar name.

(gold)Dude, if you're gonna put up a post telling people that they "MUST READ", it would probably be a good idea to read it yourself.

Thanks for the panic over f@ck all.

Hurrikane

LOL! I was thinking the same thing, but you got to admit it is a brilliant way to promote the service too in grabbing peoples attention :laugh:

Bad Golddude ! :D

He is asking for your avatar name. My logon name is nothing at all like my avatar name. Also not asking for your EU password. Even so I am not sure if this is legit since it is PED from outside the game ...

Well, from a quick browse I assume the money, if it ever arrives, is converted to PED by an avatar working for this company, and traded to you in-game. Without passwords and gold card numbers you can't depo to another account, can you? I'd be interested to know if anyone has recieved PED from this.

Either way, I won't be bothering. Most too-good-to-be-true offers just waste your time for very little reward.

Hurrikane

Well, from a quick browse I assume the money, if it ever arrives, is converted to PED by an avatar working for this company, and traded to you in-game. Without passwords and gold card numbers you can't depo to another account, can you? I'd be interested to know if anyone has recieved PED from this.

Either way, I won't be bothering. Most too-good-to-be-true offers just waste your time for very little reward.

Hurrikane

Thats kind of how I understood it too, but MA once said something some types of ped transfers could get you locked. I think they loosened it up a bit but I'm not interested in testing the waters.

Can Hanne please comment on this offer ?

Is this a legit and allowed by MA/FPC service offered ?

My understanding is that it is a marketing conduit company fronting for other marketing and/or general companies in data mining & promoting for them and then paying PED for participating in the what is on offer ?

EDIT: I retract my statement.

Last edited:
Every time you fill our surveys like that you get put on some silly list for getting telemarketer calls. So even if it is legit, it's not worth it.

Website link removed, as was domain name personal info.

If you truly believe it's a scam, I don't see any reason why you felt the need to send people there.

Website link removed, as was domain name personal info.

If you truly believe it's a scam, I don't see any reason why you felt the need to send people there.

Yes, that is a fair call.

If you need to give personal contact details to the service offered,
then definitely not worth it.

Enough as it is getting telemarketing calls around dinner time :handgun:

I am aware of three services like this, and have some opinions on each of them. I started to write a review of them, but I posted it on another forum as I was not sure it would be allowed here, and I can't post the link to it from here. If you want the link pm me.. (it is different then what is in my sig fyi)

(Edit, seems I can't send it in pms directly either, so may as well paste the jist of it here anyway, http://www.peauction.com/p eaboard/thread-878.html , remove the space.)

Some of them offer game cards that can be used to deposit into the game, and some have an avatar meet you in game to trade you peds, and some offer both options.

Last edited:

I did some searching on this before, and it seems a company was buying peds and reselling them. They bought the peds though with stolen credit cards, and it seems that if you get peds from this type of source you could get banned.

Some of these type of places offer other payment options that then let you make a deposit directly as well.

Yes, that is a fair call.

If you need to give personal contact details to the service offered,
then definitely not worth it.

Enough as it is getting telemarketing calls around dinner time :handgun:

Yeah, this particular place I was not able to complete any of their current survey offerings as they ask for too much personal information for my tastes. They say they will get more survey partners, which should help ix this issue., Some of the other places I have tried don't have this issue to this extent.

Not sure if this is a scam - the site asked for the avatar name, and a password - not the avatar's EU login name and password, as pointed out.

Also, before everybody gets their panties in a bunch - these survey sites are fairly commonplace - see mysurvey.com, surveymonkey.com, the list goes on - honestly, just search for 'online survey' and you'll see.

They used a referral ID, meaning they receive a commission for all new members signed up under them, and any others below them from that point forward (at least typically, otherwise known as a pyramid scheme).

So, the advertiser would be paid real money for every survey filled out based on their referral ID, and then they opted to offer PEDs to those that did so.

Therefore, I would assume that they came up with a formula to allow them to pay out in PEDs for those that signed up, while retaining some income from the referrals for themselves.

I have no idea if this is against the EULA or not, just wanted to point it out.

*FYI - some of these companies offering 'referral income' are questionable - don't go getting any ideas.

Hey guys,

This is my site. I am very clear on the registration page, DO NOT USE THE SAME PASSWORD AS ON ENTROPIA. The reason I ask for the avatar name is that I need to make sure I give the ped to the right people in game.

I'll be glad to answer any and all questions about the site, but I have been intentionally keeping it off of EF and have asked the avatars helping me to promote it to keep it off of EF out of respect for 711 and the EF crew.

As an alternative to having this conversation on EF (which I'm open to if that's ok with 711) I'm going to have a town hall meeting at Minopolis TP at 1800 MA Time on Saturday March 13. I'll be there and answer any and all questions anyone might have about the website. I'm not scamming anyone, this isn't my main business, its something I setup to make some ped to use in game and have some fun with some events and promotions.

Saturday March 13th at 1800MA Time.

I'll be there. You can come ask questions or throw tomato's, its your choice but lets not disrespect the EF crew by having a conversation about another Entropia website in the middle of their site.

That's all I'm going to say on here unless 711 tells me its ok.

Where is everyone?

I've been at the mino TP for the past 15 minutes and no one has shown up. There isn't even a single green dot on the radar?

I'll hang here until 1830MA time and then I'm gone. If anyone has questions, comments, complaints, or unfounded threats for me, send them to me through the website.

This is the second time I've scheduled a question and answer session for those players that want to say something to me about this.

Each time no one shows.

I'm going to accept that everyone is done talking trash now and just wants to play entropia. I know I do.

I think part of the problem may be that many are in the middle o WoF and CP contests. :)

However, yeah. I'm perfectly happy to let this thread die a peaceful death, especially if no one has any questions for you.

actually i think micker has a great looking service, something that ppl sick of sweating or the guy that tried to beg one ped from me at corinth today should take advantage of.

filling out online surveys cant be any worse than sweating! its certainly more honorable than begging.

skip

actually i think micker has a great looking service, something that ppl sick of sweating or the guy that tried to beg one ped from me at corinth today should take advantage of.

filling out online surveys cant be any worse than sweating! its certainly more honorable than begging.

skip

Glad to see someone has put this website in perspective, instead of judging it as a scam right away like most other people.

+ rep to you sir :)

3.5 - Necroposting
Pointlessly bumping of dormant, inactive threads causes confusion for other members and visitors who may not notice the original thread post date. A thread is considered inactive if there have been no replies in the last four (4) months. Posting in an inactive thread is strongly discouraged, unless there is a very good reason for reactivating the thread. If you feel an issue or topic from an inactive thread deserves renewed discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum or subforum.

Status
Back