Special items in loots for depositors only

Loot system should not change based on deposits that is a bad idea. On the other hand special limited edition gifts with no game enhancing abilitys for deposits I do like. Special t-shirt for anyone who deposits $10 or more in May Or a funny can of beer prop that has attached drunken animations for anyone who deposits $50 in june etc. Stuff that ads fun and whimsy but has no effect on the loot system I am all for.

hy and no :( not on this way,

I would rather prefer a different variant.
You increase your chance of a UL Item (Special Item) by the number of total kills per Mob. (not per Hunting session, or items you use, or which avatar you are)

ONLY WORK over longtime

Example (Values are just one example)
----------------------------------------------
Amount Atrox you have killt in your EU live / Chance in % to get a Hof with UL Item (Special Item)

1 / 0,0002
10 / 0,004
100 / 0,03
1000 / 0,3
2000 / 0,5
5000 / 1,2
10000 / 2,5
50000 / 15,0
100000 / 25,0

Avatar A plays for 3 months and killed 2000 Atrox at this time, with every Hof he/she gets, he/she has a 0,5% chance on a UL Item (Special Item)

Avatar B plays for 2 Years and killed 10000 Atrox at this time, with every Hof he/she gets, he/she has a 2,5% chance on a UL Item (Special Item)

Avatar C plays for 5 Years and killed 50000 Atrox at this time, with every Hof he/she gets, he/she has a 15% chance on a UL Item (Special Item)

Each Mob is counted separately in Database.
More Work, better items in loot for hard work over longtime = more deposits.

In this way, the game loses its random character.
People have a target and not the feeling that it is all luck or avatarbased.

Falke

I would rather prefer a different variant.

if it resets after UL loot ... actually a good idea.
but the topics' starter idea, i don't like.

as said, it already exists and expanding this to more items/occassions would remove the "free" out of this expensive universe.

In this way, the game loses its random character.
People have a target and not the feeling that it is all luck or avatarbased.

Falke

And items their value.

I think this is a very bad idea.

You want a reward becouse you can spend money?
As a depositer you can already do more than a non depositer, that should be a reward.

I dont like to put people into classes, like poor, rich etc.
And that is what will happen this way.
And whats next? get people who play longer get even better items?
Becouse they are longer than you ingame?

And yes, I am a depositer.

Just my opinion.

Kind regards.
Ion

For all those that think that depositors should be equals to non-depositors: this is not a "game" ! EU, FPC or what ever you want to call it would cease to exist if depositors stop to deposit.

So if you want that depositors to continue deposit they should have some advantages, they should get some special felling because they pay for it!
Non-depositors should still have the chance to profit but it should a bit harder, they should do jobs, for ppl that deposit, to get money.

Like it is ATM EU economy has nothing to do(or very little to do) with a real economy, sooner or later it will crash, because more and more depositors are getting enough and they stop throwing money on fire.

MA should make balanced loot system that would assure you that you get a decent percentage of what u spend back!

People will fell more secure to deposit, knowing that they pay for their entertainment not for the others, depositors don't have time to hunt 8h/day to be able to profit, they hunt 1-2h and with current system they are f***d, because if your are unlucky and you miss those few minutes with good loot your damned to lose for ever.

Loot system should be avatar based and not time based!! I should have same chance to hof no mater when I have time to hunt,miner or craft, I DON'T want to make a schedule after MA times of good loot, my RL life should get priority and when I have time to log in I should entertain myself not get mad because in 1-2 hours I played I lost half of my spendings just because it wasn't "the right time".

I don't understand why MA keep distroy anything that is good in this game, are they really that incompetent ?!
- Why on earth there is a auction tax on CP auctions now??
There is no point to sell any oils or other looted materials on CP auctions right now, when a L gun breaks you need to go down to buy another one.
Only ones happy with this situations are resellers , are resellers the heart of economy ?

- Why on earth I should pay 25ped for ONE click to go to CP?

+ and - for an avatar based loot system that would charge you regarding your spendings.
+ : - People will deposit regular, as a monthly fee, and will know that they pay for their entertainment.
- : -Non-depositors will be encouraged to deposit, other will quit, but who cares?! a non-depositor has nothing to add to the economy.

BTW: I'm a NON-depositor for a while now, and I'll stay so(if I'll continue to play) until I see some major changes that would make me fell pay again for my entertainment.

This sounds a bit like social security as in giving the most unfortunate something extra. But IMO it goes against the fundamentals of EU so no.

For all those that think that depositors should be equals to non-depositors: this is not a "game" ! EU, FPC or what ever you want to call it would cease to exist if depositors stop to deposit.
So if you want that depositors to continue deposit they should have some advantages, they should get some special felling because they pay for it!
Non-depositors should still have the chance to profit but it should a bit harder, they should do jobs, for ppl that deposit, to get money.

They do get PEDs for doing nothing but depositing that's special enough. Everyone whining about not being able to break even so following this logic every non depositor has to sweat/trade etc to fund his gameplay. As a depositor you can do whatever you want as much as you want (if you got the money) buying better gear etc. Isn't this special? Why add an extra advantage I don't get it. Also EU is living from these non-depositors stories.

Loot system should be avatar based and not time based!! I should have same chance to hof no mater when I have time to hunt,miner or craft, I DON'T want to make a schedule after MA times of good loot, my RL life should get priority and when I have time to log in I should entertain myself not get mad because in 1-2 hours I played I lost half of my spendings just because it wasn't "the right time".

Is there any proof of how the loot works? I know about the support case of Leeloo but to be honest it does not tell how loot is generated. Also I have yet to see a blog with less than 90% average TT return (as for mining/hunting) so I assume you have the same chance.

this is not a "game"
Marco//FPC said:
We want to be known as the online game
:D
Depositing doesn't mean you pay for anything, depositing is merely converting money into virtual money.

So a similar idea would mean that people would deposit 10k to get their gift, and just retract the money after they recieved the gift.

Also EU is living from these non-depositors stories.
O my... so if 100.000 non-depositors come to EU, thinking that they can score big, all will be good?

I'm not saying that non-depositors should be left out, but for those that deposit and keep the ball rolling I think MA/FPC should do more.

Any respectable company have a special treatment for regular/bigger customers because they know that this ones keep them alive, MA keep lying us about a free game and so on.
Lets all stop depositing then and play FREE :yay:

:D

Depositing doesn't mean you pay for anything, depositing is merely converting money into virtual money.

So a similar idea would mean that people would deposit 10k to get their gift, and just retract the money after they recieved the gift.

If you read carefully I'm not saying bigger deposit = bigger prizes, more like I say that spending 100k in one month should assure 90% of that back.
This way bigger depositors won't be ruined just because they like to play big, playing big means that they would pay already more to MA 10% from 100k or 10% from 10k is not the same thing, but in the same time they won't lose their shirt for doing this.

Last edited:
That's not what I've said. EU also lives from the ND story and I am not saying 100.000 people should buy an asteroid. The point is non depositors have an advantage, they can hunt more, longer, bigger mobs and can buy better gear compared to non-depositors (assuming deps/nondeps are not breaking even). Also they save a lot of TIME. That's the reason for depositing nothing less nothing more and it's ok this way since they already have an increased chance of better items to be dropped at least if you compare the ordinary depositor and the ordinary non depositor (leaving out bait, Alina etc).

Alto I'm against such thing, there might be something in this idea.

Imagine you get a rl item for XXX deposit instead of chance of looting the item. This will not tamper with the ingame balance and will give some "reward" to the depositer. It might also bring some depositers. I for one would love to get an EU t-shirt, and would deposit just to get one.

If you really want to get an EU item for your deposit - to show off or just to have and be happy each time you see it, a cooler looking ped card(no tt value and not trade-able) will be a nice addition.

But I strongly disagree with any tampering with the loot just because you deposited $0, $5 or $5000(and imagine the whine posts - "deposited 42k and still no item").

Even though I havn't deposited in some time now, I have deposited enough over the years to see myself as a depositor still...

I don't like this idea at all.

Specially not as its outlined in the OP.

As you describe it, a certain deposit amount would ensure you get a certain number of items...

Whats the fun in "pay to ensure some nice loot"?... totally devalues the fun of getting it imo. Then I can just buy it on auction.
(the actual item drop can't be balanced so I go too much + on looting it, then the system would break down very soon)

Also, I would feel like a total loser all clad in "depositor edition" equipment :p

Nope! Dislike this idea even though I'm a frequent depositor (on hold though, waiting for full delivery of VU10)

Non depositors help the economy by providing the wools, hites, enmatters, minerals, and limited tools(weapons, faps, armors) for depositors to enjoy EU.

There is a known fact that if you go blast whatever comes in your way with the bigest toys you can use, regardless of markup you pay on them, it will result in a big loose over time.

Combo, who do you think provide those items to the depositors?

For example, for a long time, I was one of those who supplied the market with LR59's so that others can buy them and ejnoy killing bigger mobs.

It's just like real life.
- The tendoius work is the one that brings you money.
- If you prefere fun and spend all your time you in clubs and pubs surrounded by hot chicks, you should expect to pay for this.

So what do you prefere, hot chicks or tendoius work?:scratch2:

Sitram

I agree that there should be more incentives to deposit. The only incentive for me at the moment is getting to a high skill lvl, which is why I spend most of my ped on skills. It would be nice if there was more of an incentive for me to hunt, liike if I had a real chance of looting something I could actually use.

That's not what I've said. EU also lives from the ND story and I am not saying 100.000 people should buy an asteroid. The point is non depositors have an advantage, they can hunt more, longer, bigger mobs and can buy better gear compared to non-depositors (assuming deps/nondeps are not breaking even). Also they save a lot of TIME. That's the reason for depositing nothing less nothing more and it's ok this way since they already have an increased chance of better items to be dropped at least if you compare the ordinary depositor and the ordinary non depositor (leaving out bait, Alina etc).

I guess u want to say depositors there.

Anyway, depositors don't hunt longer, they want to hunt faster and bigger, but the problem atm is that if you hunt bigger and faster in a " bad time" you lose big and your chances to get back some of your loses are small if you can't hunt long enough over o period of time to be able to catch some good loot periods.
That's why I say that MA should be more carefully with avatar balance, crafting oa101 in condition will still give you big loses because of big turnover you make and markup you pay, you'll still need to chose a good mob for you that would give you some markup items, but the main problem is tt return, and that is what MA should care for.

My return over a long period of time is under 50%, yes I like to play big but I don't think I should be punished for that, I already pay more because my turnover is bigger.
When I go hunting I want to get back around 90% tt I put in, markup I pay for items I use is my problem and I don't expect to be refund for from loot pool, I'll use my brain to hunt proper mobs to get some markup back to reduce this costs, but the problem here is AGAIN, timing, I hate "hunt" proper period of times when I can hunt without my return being under 50%.

Honestly, I disagree.

I think it defies some of the ground aspects of Entropia, being able to work yourself up with the will and time. That anyone can hit it big (even if it annoys some) really.

Deposits should be a "fast track" and nothing else :)

Coudn`t agree more with this statement.

EU is suffering from low deposits, its visible in the financial reports.

For sure, MA/FPC should promote depositors.

But IMO giving better or special loot to depositors is not the best way. For now, the depositors have PEDs (not so bad, right? :)). With PEDs they can buy higher gear and hope for bigger loot.

=> What PEDs can't always buy is confort or fame.

They could implement a rewards systems like the airlines do with their frequent flyer stuff:
- Deposit once, you become a "Calypso citizen"! (Ivory member)
- Deposit at least 50$ each month, you become "Member of the Civilian Force" (Silver)
- Deposit at lesat 200$ each month, you are Officier of the Civilian guard" (Gold)
- Deposit at least 5000$ and you become "Minister of Calypso Government", duration 5 years. (Platinum)

:yay:

Each category would have their own events, special support, priorities for assistance, etc... All depositors would have a visible sign on their avatar to show that they actively participate to Calypso improvement (deposits help MA to implement better content).

Of course they need to add a consistent storyline, so that this angle of the Universe becomes significant, as already are the HoF, high Socs, Ubers, iMK2, Mod FAPs... If they give us something we can dream on, sure we will buy it... ;)

Note that they already started it with the free GC given after 50$ (500$?).

O my... so if 100.000 non-depositors come to EU, thinking that they can score big, all will be good?

I'm not saying that non-depositors should be left out, but for those that deposit and keep the ball rolling I think MA/FPC should do more.

Any respectable company have a special treatment for regular/bigger customers because they know that this ones keep them alive, MA keep lying us about a free game and so on.
Lets all stop depositing then and play FREE :yay:

If you read carefully I'm not saying bigger deposit = bigger prizes, more like I say that spending 100k in one month should assure 90% of that back.
This way bigger depositors won't be ruined just because they like to play big, playing big means that they would pay already more to MA 10% from 100k or 10% from 10k is not the same thing, but in the same time they won't lose their shirt for doing this.
that wont work and loot will go down drastically, what we experience at the moment pretty much after the change to CE2, which left many ppl out who cant play anymore due to system requirement
many who quit because the start of CE2 hasnt implemented most stuff (and we still aren't finished)
others are "on hold", waiting for new planets to come before they deposit anything

so there is already a drastic decrease in deposits at the moment i think
hence the loot is rather bad, at least mine was, especially in mining
although it got better lately again

also, i don't think that the non depositers are the problem here :p
because they dont take money out of the economy usually

atm around 2000k ped of ME sell per day i think, thats 200 000 units, or 200 000 units of sweat needed per day
1000 sweat is worth ~5 ped, so currently you have say 1000 ped which go to newbies via sweating
considering the loot stories of several people, a loss run of one person should cover that easily, that doesnt have much effect to the others then i guess

that they get loot for that, yes, but eventually this loot was granted with the deposit of someone else already, and likely someone who is too lazy to sweat himself, cause he values his time more so he rather buys ME to TP jump around like a bunny

hence i would take sweaters totally out of the equation, as they offer something in return indeed, saved time, which is worth it for many it seems

and in the end, i doubt a fraction of the non depositers in this case earn enough to actually take money out of EU and that is imo another main cause why loot goes down
not just people who dont deposit but also those which currently sell out and take lots and lots of money out, which both increases the effect of worse loot

those people who take money out you have fairly often, pretty much thats why LA owners buy the LAs and ofc resellers get a fair share of that too i guess
but yes, those people are the essence and necessary, which is the fun thing, as they keep more or less rare items available for sale (at partially ridiculous prices, but seems they find enough who buy from them) which wouldnt be otherwise

traders again keep buying low and usually big batches for people who are in a hurry, for example ppl at CP/CND, which is much appreciated by them, so they don't spend time on selling it or waiting to get the peds (and various other reasons) then sell smaller batches for higher prices, which is again good for those who dont want to fly to CP to buy dunno, 5000 ped eye oil just to use 10 ped a day, hence it is appreciated by them as well

which again, keeps the suppliers and end users going, so it is pretty much essential as well

as to the CP example to TP up, that is actually a point where depositers are favoured again

how many non depositers can afford 25 ped to go up and again back down, not even to mention the equipment and skills you need to hunt there anytime soon
as depositer you can have that in a day
so depositers have quite some advantages already, why give them more in terms of items

if that would happen, there are some scenarios
item is worth a lot, say imk2
then you would a certain amount of ppl depositing til they had it, until the value of it is that low, that it doesnt mean anything anymore
the effect which comes with that top notch eco gear again, is that everything else becomes useless
hence, if you dont have your imk2 yet, you gonna lose a lot, likely even more as now
if you have your imk2 already, you will lose as well, because lots and lots of other people have it too, so there is no advantage anymore in terms of better eco

thus making it totally useless

#2, item is worth a lot but doesnt have effect on eco that much, say armor
then everyone would deposit enough til every idiot is running around in supremacy which sells at PA tp for tt+50 then, great

it would also devalue everything else, means many of the old precious depositers you try to preserve will be very very upset on losing lots of value on stuff they bought for lots of peds and will eventually quit, refer to EU as a scam and tell everyone not to invest or deposit (sounds familiar already i guess)

thus makes it totally useless

#3 it is worth a bit and has or has no effect on eco, say unL guns and armors
see point 1 and 2

#4 it is not much worth at all
then all the depositers would be very happy to loot pixie depositer edition, jester d1 depositer edition, or ghost depositer edition

pretty much useless as well, cause it is more a slap in the face (at least that is what my feelings were on looting yet another alpha ME when i had a graduater in mentoring), so basically upsets ppl as well

i know that everyone would like something special, but if everyone would get that it wouldnt be special anymore
and depositing is such a big plus to the average non depositer
when you deposit 50$ you have 500 ped!
you are rich then!
imagine how long a sweater would take to get that many peds, thats weeks!
you can do things most non depositers dream of
also, as pointed out, depositers already got and get more items (halloween surprised me this time with just one tbh)
there even is the gift

another point of that is more funny, if you deposit anyway, why dont you buy the stuff you desire, but instead want it as gift?
if you play that through, and say you deposit 10k peds, go hunt and get an item worth 10k peds
now you take the 10k peds out again, so 10k-10k=0
doesnt that make you effectively a non depositer as well?

so i simply dont think it would work the way it is intended

to make people deposit, you can ofc try to convince them with something like a definite gift, but that would just lead to exploiting and useless stuff in the end

improving the game itself to get more people and eventually depositing players would be good for every player, not to mention the general reputation of EU

imo at least

Last edited:
Non depositors help the economy by providing the wools, hites, enmatters, minerals, and limited tools(weapons, faps, armors) for depositors to enjoy EU.

There is a known fact that if you go blast whatever comes in your way with the bigest toys you can use, regardless of markup you pay on them, it will result in a big loose over time.

Combo, who do you think provide those items to the depositors?

For example, for a long time, I was one of those who supplied the market with LR59's so that others can buy them and ejnoy killing bigger mobs.

It's just like real life.
- The tendoius work is the one that brings you money.
- If you prefere fun and spend all your time you in clubs and pubs surrounded by hot chicks, you should expect to pay for this.

So what do you prefere, hot chicks or tendoius work?:scratch2:

Sitram

As I already discussed this with you, is perfectly ok to have success as an non-depositor but depositor should have something more for their "perseverance" to deposit, don't you think so?

It has nothing to do with clubs and hot chicks :D, I already told you that I'm ok to lose more because I spend more but I think it should be a limit, atm it does seams it isn't.

What do you think will happen if all this that like your "hot chicks" will stop visiting the "clubs", who'll pay for your "hard work"??

:eek: thats bad idea, depositros have more global, better item and so on :) i think so really really bad idea

As I already discussed this with you, is perfectly ok to have success as an non-depositor but depositor should have something more for their "perseverance" to deposit, don't you think so?

It has nothing to do with clubs and hot chicks :D, I already told you that I'm ok to lose more because I spend more but I think it should be a limit, atm it does seams it isn't.

What do you think will happen if all this that like your "hot chicks" will stop visiting the "clubs", who'll pay for your "hard work"??

As if in RL that ever happened :laugh: "Clubs" will always be filled with lots of ppl ready to spend money on expensive "drinks" and "hot chicks". It's in human nature to do this. If some leaves, others will take it's place, at least as long as the marketing is good. In EU, the big hofs and the multitude of globals assure this retention.

Besides, why would the system favor a depositor, who want to hunt solo big mobs, which means skilling way faster and having a higher chance to loot items with markup then a non depositor?

Just because he has to pay markup on his lack of patience? :laugh:

I choose not to hunt solo hoggs because of the high chosts, thus the hope of getting an ml35 sga is reduced to almost 0.

I choose not to hunt on CP solo because of the high cost, due to lack of skills and a weapons with good dps and low markup, thus the chance to loot something good solo is reduced.

But I choose to kill those mobs with others in team with smaller weapons. This has his disadvantage. If I ever loot an item or a big hof, it won't be mine, it will have to be split. What if I get scammed by my team partners when they loot items and decide not to share?

My point is that you choose to pay markup and play above your level and you want the system to make it easier for you? Is that fair for everyone or just for you?

PS: Pls boss, don't kick me out of the soc :D

Sitram

If I think better I can say that what we are asking here is: we want a communist system( all equals no matter how much you invest) or we want a capitalist system(you should have bigger chances to profit if you invest more).

If I think better I can say that what we are asking here is: we want a communist system( all equals no matter how much you invest) or we want a capitalist system(you should have bigger chances to profit if you invest more).

A communist system would mean that everyone ends up with the same amount of money, no matter how much you deposit. In other words, people who deposit and lose should be compensated somehow.

A capitalist system would mean everyone has an (equal) opportunity to make profit, and nobody gets compensated for stupid investments.

No, but another idea!

Okay, i didnt quite like the OP, allthough im a rather big depositor myself, well, have been, i wouldnt want to get a pat on the back and get some "crap"...

However, a "frequent player bonus" would be a hugely good idea, somehting like, for every 1k cycled, you get 10 frequent player points, and for these frequent player points, you can buy "something", enter some frequent player events, or something.

This way, it could be made perhaps that to be eligable for theese frequent player points, you have to have made ONE deposit, doenst matter size, or frequency, just one deposit, thats it.

Why require one? because that's one way (allthough not foolproof) to actually proove that you are who you say you are.

Some examples on what could be "bought" with frequent player points:

IRL items such as IPod, IPhone, a Screen? that "think helmet" ?

INGAME items, such as commonly used gear as (L) faps, (L) guns, etc.

Enter events, for example a frequent player hunting event somewhere, or mining event, which themselves might have a payout structure awarding the 3-10 highest ranking finishers.

(i know some of you know where i got this general idea, but hey, it would work!")

// Exo

I want EU to offer me the same chance as to any other avatar hunting the same mob as me to get loot no matter of skills or items we have.

The only difference is that, if avatar X who hunts the same mob as me, but with maxed mod merc instead of X1@170%, pays a lot less then me for the loot he gets. The system doesn't rewards him for having lots of skills and maxed mod merc by giving more loot then me, but by offering him the chance to get that loot cheaper(lack of markup), thus gain more from the markup of the loot.

This should be why skills and good gear have value.

At the moment I consider EU offers this to me and that's why I choosed to remain in this virtual universe.

All of the banned autobot hunters were mainly nondepositors i`ve heard. All of them with uber gear, LAs etc.

Basically you can play Entropia leech style(going super eco) aka playing smart which will make you profit longterm or play for fun which would result in loss. The second type of play is greatly disadvantaged by current system vs 1st mode. Just look at who`s getting all the ATHs. Mostly people playing this 24/7 who have lots of time on their hands aka non depositors, while as Combo says the depositors playing roughly 2-3h/day can`t hit one. You want proof system works like that. Just go check KK Bait and you`ll see.

There are dozens of players playing for years that have barely deposited few dollars and lots of them coming from top developed countries. People like Neomaven that hold this game together are being flammed by few old timer slackers for "buying into it'. If weren`t for ppl like that all these low depositors would long be out of business. In the end a system to boost confidence of depositors would really benefit nondepositors, but some have their judgment clouded by letting emotions get in the way and not thinking this thru.

@alice- u write to much :eek:

Sry could not read all what u wrote , but :

as to the CP example to TP up, that is actually a point where depositers are favoured again

how many non depositers can afford 25 ped to go up and again back down, not even to mention the equipment and skills you need to hunt there anytime soon
as depositer you can have that in a day
so depositers have quite some advantages already, why give them more in terms of items

what !?

The fact that non-depositor can't go to CP advantage the depositor !? Why on Earth you say that? is like you would say that if only 100ppl will be available to log in this ones will be advantaged, I think you got it wrong here, more ppl play small costs/player should be!

And I have nothing with non-depositors, all I want is depositors to get something +, non-depositor should ear some peds doing mostly things that depositor don't want to do, runner job in the beginnings was a good non-depositor job, sweating, trading is also a good depositor job.

Yeah combo I meant depositors of course. You seem to miss a important point though: depositors always have the option to quit hunting when loot sucks wheras nondepositors do not have the option to hunt more when their PEDs are gone and some of them need go back to sweating or whatever.

Back