Spreading the word!

Bjorn, are you really called George? I am sure all at MA are called George :)

this is a very great news!!! gz. Can you also add the websites EU related? like entropedia, eutracker, entropiabay...etcetc Any new players need to know about their existence in order to get more info about the game.
thx
dc

Its been like since... the original CND sale that we've had a huge influx of players, hope this does the same!

MindArk is pleased to report that a new internet advertising campaign has been launched. The first few months of this campaign will feature banners promoting the 'Hunt The Thing' attraction within ROCKTropia. Subsequent campaigns will focus on 'The Entropia Universe' along with campaigns for special events and individual planets.

So where would I look (specificaly) to find these campaigns?

Welcome to the forum Bjorn. Keep coming back.
And this is excellent news. Thank you.

Its been like since... the original CND sale that we've had a huge influx of players, hope this does the same!

you think so? success stories like that one call to join which player? the correct answer is - the one who is willing to take such risks. do you see a line of guys behind the door willing to do the same as ND? no, you do not, because there are not many and MA can not sustain a large amount of such players.

please hear what I am trying to say. the success stories should be made to get masses of people in (or masses of money to put it the other way), do you agree? to do that, the system must also confirm to the majority that bought the story, that it's flipping possible, that they can achieve the same, not the other way around. if this sounds logical so far, what should we base our success stories on? I mean, MA will not push it out instantly, they start the advertisement - what is the message the player base should spread if we do not know what the company plans to do? the stories from the past will not sell any more... plus, guys like wizzssz (no disrespect, since it's an honest description of the reality) shock the dung out of a lot of newcomers, that's why it's so common and costs nothing!

what is the magic word? that it is free to download and you REALLY have a chance to make money or that this virtual universe is ever evolving and a thing to remember but keep in mind, some guys lost the touch with the reality so badly that they deposited more than they should have in the past it is just so... REAL :smoke:

J.

MindArk is pleased to report that a new internet advertising campaign has been launched. The first few months of this campaign will feature banners promoting the 'Hunt The Thing' attraction within ROCKTropia. Subsequent campaigns will focus on 'The Entropia Universe' along with campaigns for special events and individual planets.

Ummm...

I'm curious about this...
Are MA paying for a planet partner's advertising now? Or I have got the wrong end of the stick?

...and this...
So where would I look (specificaly) to find these campaigns?

The story of this game in my eyes is ..... You can pay 20$ a monthly fee and get nothing back from that other game.
You can put 20$ a month and with guidance and knowledge can atleast get your 20$ back at the end of the day.

I am proof of this. this is the PROOF.

Become my disciple and you too will see the light.
but Seriously guys MA is doing a good job with the game and this advertising... the community is very very mean lighten up and enjoy the game.

The story of this game in my eyes is ..... You can pay 20$ a monthly fee and get nothing back from that other game.
You can put 20$ a month and with guidance and knowledge can atleast get your 20$ back at the end of the day.

Not true.

If it were true, then everyone would do it, and everyone but MindArk would be making money.

your saying it takes a form of intelligence to play?
opps.
the secret is out.

No worries, there will always be haters...(I just find it odd that people that complain keep logging in...:p)

As for myself, I <3 this game and will be here as long as they allow me to login...lol

Tiny

you think so? success stories like that one call to join which player? the correct answer is - the one who is willing to take such risks. do you see a line of guys behind the door willing to do the same as ND? no, you do not, because there are not many and MA can not sustain a large amount of such players.

please hear what I am trying to say. the success stories should be made to get masses of people in (or masses of money to put it the other way), do you agree? to do that, the system must also confirm to the majority that bought the story, that it's flipping possible, that they can achieve the same, not the other way around. if this sounds logical so far, what should we base our success stories on? I mean, MA will not push it out instantly, they start the advertisement - what is the message the player base should spread if we do not know what the company plans to do? the stories from the past will not sell any more... plus, guys like wizzssz (no disrespect, since it's an honest description of the reality) shock the dung out of a lot of newcomers, that's why it's so common and costs nothing!

what is the magic word? that it is free to download and you REALLY have a chance to make money or that this virtual universe is ever evolving and a thing to remember but keep in mind, some guys lost the touch with the reality so badly that they deposited more than they should have in the past it is just so... REAL :smoke:

J.

I had a friend who joined just because of Neverdie's risk.. He plays very little now. When I joined it wasn't for the hype, it was to see if I could make it in the universe. Im still here, (since 2006) and there have been many ups and alot of downs.. This is what I like about this game. The real challenge is trying to play with the system given.

I also depo, but not beyond what I am willing to lose or what I think its worth for my entertainment. No more then that. :)

But I agree. The people we need here are the type who have control of their Credit cards, and ones who are interested in a challenge. Smart people. :D

(lol just to clairify, I not saying I am the smart one here... lol just it does take a bit of intellegence to see the bigger picture and not throw their live savings into something because they heard they can make some easy cash!! );)

So yeah like most have said, I think they really need to think about how they are going to advertise this. :yup:

Yay some advertising is certainly needed!! :yay:
Also I think EU is in a much better state now to keep the new players in than a few months ago. :)
The only problem I have is the focus of the advertising. I mean The Thing is pretty awesome but at the end of the day its like a 5h experience... so afterwards you want your new customers at ROCKtropia... ROCKtropia of all places doesn't seem like the perfect place for newcomers to me. :laugh:

WTF is a "Thing"?

Can we see its banners? Maybe we can promote it also in our websites. :D

Is that MAs way to tell me that you expect me to lie about loots? :scratch2:

As much as Wizz can be kinda snarky he's got a bit of a point. Since Mentoring has come back i've been totally focused on it. Was teaching 3 guys and me and another player decided to treat them and give them ammo and take them all on a team hunt. The loot really was discouraging to them. They were glad it was our money they were loosing. Didn't do much to give them a good first impression and make them want to deposit there own money. Like loosing 20-30% even is not nearly as bad as loosing 80-90%

Like when i go out alone i seem to do at least better then 80% loss but every time i take a newbie out we loose like crazy. I think your dynamic is screwed up. Because it didn't work like this before. I remember Leafren taking me out when i was a newb and we got like 6 globals in one hour.

Excellent taking diciples now:)

When new "new user experiences" come in, please consider allowing all avatars a one time free teleport to the new attraction (and maybe a recall back). This will help the young, yet to deposit players experience the new areas and, being one time and not tradable, should not interfere too much with the space experience for regular players.

Ye, now I remember! I was watching this video of a cute girl giving a nice bj and on the right to the screen I saw the add "come, and hunt the THING". Never did I knew the THING was a dildo.

Not true.

If it were true, then everyone would do it, and everyone but MindArk would be making money.

It's true that man can walk on the moon, but not everyone does it, even if we want to ;P

Like when i go out alone i seem to do at least better then 80% loss but every time i take a newbie out we loose like crazy. I think your dynamic is screwed up. Because it didn't work like this before. I remember Leafren taking me out when i was a newb and we got like 6 globals in one hour.

Among many variables loot is a function of decaying and pedrecycling. I'm not sure about your hunting pattern. But assuming you are not doing too much of team hunting, then the reason why you got 5 or 6 globals when went out with Leafren could be explained in part by this:

From trackers:

Leafren Leafren Zenith

Favorite Mob: Frescoquda
Largest Loot: 57,495 PED
Total Loot: 181,601 PED
Current rank (30 days): 415 of 3062

And You
Rexdameon Rex Andreosn

Favorite Mob: Allophyl
Largest Loot: 147 PED
Total Loot: 900 PED
Current rank (30 days): Na of 3062

I"m sure his loot/and global rate is a function of that high recycling......and very likely he was very active back then too!

So, as far as my understanding goes about the loot system... if you are not a very active ped recycler ... don't team up with newbies......... it's more than likely that they will be discouraged discouraged by the loot.

On the other hand, if you are really very active... team up with your disciples and the team will loot better.. if you share global nice.. but you basically giving away free peds.

Last edited:
If you want globals try moving 900ped througha mob.... see what happens.

but sigh.... It's not about globals or hofs.... it's about playing the game with some conscious thought into what you are doing.

This is AWESOME!!! :yay: I see good things about the future!! ;)

This to me is the first signs that the recent shake up of MA employee's ( CEO, Chairman, and board members ) was a indeed needed! :D I like the new stance MA has taken and I think it will only get better from here on in!! :yup:

Thank you Bjorn for bringing this to us and thank you all at MA for the new positive direction you are taking!! :wtg:

Nothing new with this..MA only ask os to promote mentoring and do PR to new players.
Something the took away from the game 2 years ago.

Among many variables loot is a function of decaying and pedrecycling. I'm not sure about your hunting pattern. But assuming you are not doing too much of team hunting, then the reason why you got 5 or 6 globals when went out with Leafren could be explained in part by this:

From trackers:

Leafren Leafren Zenith

Favorite Mob: Frescoquda
Largest Loot: 57,495 PED
Total Loot: 181,601 PED
Current rank (30 days): 415 of 3062

And You
Rexdameon Rex Andreosn

Favorite Mob: Allophyl
Largest Loot: 147 PED
Total Loot: 900 PED
Current rank (30 days): Na of 3062

I"m sure his loot/and global rate is a function of that high recycling......and very likely he was very active back then too!

So, as far as my understanding goes about the loot system... if you are not a very active ped recycler ... don't team up with newbies......... it's more than likely that they will be discouraged discouraged by the loot.

On the other hand, if you are really very active... team up with your disciples and the team will loot better.. if you share global nice.. but you basically giving away free peds.

Not the the whole truth.

Largest Loot: 27,373 PED
Total Loot: 447,944 PED
Current rank (30 days): 78 of 3062

Back