Spreading the word!

good news indeed, I just hope that MA leaves out the play for free and earn real money thing for this campaign, because we all know it will not happen and people leave very fast when they figure that out (first thing I tell new players).

Well I believe this was the starting thing about the game years ago, as when a lot of us started you actually could, (with a little effort) play completely for free and earn real money back.

As for MA now starting to actively advertise EU, I am all for it. I am not really a good artist, neither am I very good at sales, but I do understand the affect proper advertising can do.

I really hope this works and we get a new influx of players into the game.

MindArk is pleased to report that a new internet advertising campaign has been launched. The first few months of this campaign will feature banners promoting the 'Hunt The Thing' attraction within ROCKTropia. Subsequent campaigns will focus on 'The Entropia Universe' along with campaigns for special events and individual planets.

We encourage existing participants to help support these marketing efforts by welcoming new arrivals to Entropia Universe in a friendly and helpful manner. Participants are also reminded that the newly relaunched Mentor & Disciple system offers veterans a great way to help share their knowledge with newcomers, and thereby stimulate the growth of the Entropia Universe player base. The Mentoring system also offers the opportunity for both Mentors and Disciples to earn some great rewards!

Originally Posted Here

For every 1000 new players in, 998 leave spreading word of the sleazy way MA operates. Change THAT first, Then advertise.

So instead of changing the game that looses the player base, you want to advertise it?

Your mind ark becomes curvier and curvier...

Life is very simple. You are born, you play games ( of all kinds ) and then you stop playing games because you are too dead to manage to click.

In the meantime, you can stop playing said games ( IRL and computer ones ) or opt to change things for the better.

Any other choice can only be seen as demented. I am glad MA has made a start. Our EPA group in this forum will take action too in time, Rome in a day etc. Everyone else has an infinite number of choices to make other than feeling assraped. They are there. Go look.

So instead of changing the game that looses the player base, you want to advertise it?

Your mind ark becomes curvier and curvier...

Everyone's a critic. Not everyone does something.

Is MA making the right choice? If they didn't think they were, they wouldn't advertise. If you disagree there are plenty of choices to make on your own. Make one.

Hint: Complaining isn't a choice. It's a reaction to a choice made to remain in a situation that makes the complainer unhappy.

If you want globals try moving 900ped througha mob.... see what happens.

Ye mate, but I had periods pushing throught 2-3k ped on a mob without global ;)

...you can stop playing said games ( IRL and computer ones ) or opt to change things for the better.

Everyone's a critic. Not everyone does something... If you disagree there are plenty of choices to make on your own. Make one.

I can only wonder how my post about MA making the wrong choice (again), provokes you to tell me to stop playing, complaining and rather go make my own personal choices in life.

I don't see any connection between what I'm saying and your replies at all.

Is MA making the right choice? If they didn't think they were, they wouldn't

Ha-ha-ha.
Ha.

I am glad MA has made a start...

I'm glad MA finally smells their arse burning, but they are going to start running in the wrong direction.

And I do exactly what I should - expressing my opinion on the forum, hoping that some of my words might be heard over the sizzle.

As it's been said, the vast majority of newcomers will be dissatisfied with the game, leave and spread the "good" word about it, so it will only work against MA.

So before advertising the product I'd make a substantial number of new customers to be happy with it first (not to mention the existing customers). Otherwise the advertising doesn't make sense.

Last edited:
MindArk is pleased to report that a new internet advertising campaign has been launched. The first few months of this campaign will feature banners promoting the 'Hunt The Thing' attraction within ROCKTropia. Subsequent campaigns will focus on 'The Entropia Universe' along with campaigns for special events and individual planets.

We encourage existing participants to help support these marketing efforts by welcoming new arrivals to Entropia Universe in a friendly and helpful manner. Participants are also reminded that the newly relaunched Mentor & Disciple system offers veterans a great way to help share their knowledge with newcomers, and thereby stimulate the growth of the Entropia Universe player base. The Mentoring system also offers the opportunity for both Mentors and Disciples to earn some great rewards!

Originally Posted Here

Hi my names Butch when i started i liked the look of the pets system and what MA said they had planned for it so i skilled and skilled and then skilled some more as did many many people, we became very skilled indeed anticipating the stage 2 of taming, so 5 years later still no stage 2, then cryengine 2 update came wooohooo, new taming should be here soon for sure.

Ok well now its been around 1.5 years since the cryengine 2 update and now the MA official in twins said taming won't be here this year like we were told every year for 6 years, nice :) thanks

I have 54 levels in a profession i havent been able to use now for almost 2 years, some are much higher than me.

Is that what you mean by spread the word and teach new people coming, explain to them that one day somethign they spent a lot of money on can just dissapear without any word or explanation? Not even an offer to swap your 54 levels of taming for other skills that can actually be used.

If that is the case then yes i will be more than happy to explain the game warts and all as i really enjoy the game but the taming profession and the costs we incurred to be just left in limbo really pisses me off.

other than that great game ive enjoyed for quite a while.

Hi my names Butch when i started i liked the look of the pets system and what MA said they had planned for it so i skilled and skilled and then skilled some more as did many many people, we became very skilled indeed anticipating the stage 2 of taming, so 5 years later still no stage 2, then cryengine 2 update came wooohooo, new taming should be here soon for sure.

Ok well now its been around 1.5 years since the cryengine 2 update and now the MA official in twins said taming won't be here this year like we were told every year for 6 years, nice :) thanks

I have 54 levels in a profession i havent been able to use now for almost 2 years, some are much higher than me.

The new MF system took them ages to re-implement, but i think the outcome wasn't all bad.

I hope that the same goes for taming: It will be SO damn cool, they still need a lot of tweaking and coding to get the best possible result out of CE2.

Having that said... MA, you better make it awesome, ya know, riding mobs, flying on mobs... you know, all the cool shit we've been posting here all the years, plus a bit more challenging than just to whip a mob half to almost death a couple of times...

The new MF system took them ages to re-implement, but i think the outcome wasn't all bad.

I hope that the same goes for taming: It will be SO damn cool, they still need a lot of tweaking and coding to get the best possible result out of CE2.

Having that said... MA, you better make it awesome, ya know, riding mobs, flying on mobs... you know, all the cool shit we've been posting here all the years, plus a bit more challenging than just to whip a mob half to almost death a couple of times...

DDR style ftw

"internet advertising campaign" - I like! :tiphat:

I don't have any original thoughts, so I just add some nods

Seriously guys MA is doing a good job with the game and this advertising... the community is very very mean lighten up and enjoy the game.
:yup:

As for myself, I <3 this game and will be here as long as they allow me to login...lol
:yup: Me too! (with random vacations)

Life is very simple. You are born, you play games ( of all kinds ) and then you stop playing games because you are too dead to manage to click.

:D :D :D

Oh, and.. good initiative! :thumbup:

This... is... what the F im talking about! :D

Best regards
Zweshi

Not true.

If it were true, then everyone would do it, and everyone but MindArk would be making money.

I sure have more interest here, than I get on my stock backed up mortgage. If I chip out I could go on holiday to Florida for 2 weeks. Could I do that in a non-rce mmorpg?

I sure have more interest here, than I get on my stock backed up mortgage. If I chip out I could go on holiday to Florida for 2 weeks. Could I do that in a non-rce mmorpg?

TBH, any popular mmorpg have niche in black market.

been some in pvp4 aswell but adj pixie doesn't protect that well against tango

Johanoob! Everyone knows, that adj pixie designed against waltz!

PS: against tango is good some break dance.

Johanoob! Everyone knows, that adj pixie designed against waltz!

PS: against tango is good some break dance.

pfft it's the new reworked infil!!

A community effort won't bring an influx... and the fact you even need that kind of help in promoting your product, should say something.

Q: Who is the target audience for EU? Gamers? Gamblers? Business people?
If it's gamers - You need a better game to promote, or steer away from making a virtual workplace, otherwise you'll never attract gamers. Gamblers and business people, maybe. Gamers, no.
If it's gamblers and business people, stop dressing it up as a game, it's giving you a bad name in gaming circles (google entropia universe and read the feedback from the general population yourself, it's not pretty).

ps: I fall into the category of gambler and expect MA to !!!! my PED card every time I top it up - exponentially faster - so am never disappointed.
pps: I love to play/gamble Entropia, but would never, ever recommend it to a friend or acquaintance, again; not even as a gambling platform (no rake!). Everyone I've introduced to the game, now bane EU vengefully. Even I bane EU... it's a shyte game, but gambling is fun when poker winnings allow me to click in EU and every other game at my disposal doesn't rouse my interest at that particular time.

A community effort won't bring an influx... and the fact you even need that kind of help in promoting your product, should say something.

Where did they say they need community help in promoting? All Bjorn did was ask for "welcoming new arrivals to Entropia Universe in a friendly and helpful manner" and mention the mentoring system a bit.

Q: Who is the target audience for EU? Gamers? Gamblers? Business people?
If it's gamers - You need a better game to promote, or steer away from making a virtual workplace, otherwise you'll never attract gamers. Gamblers and business people, maybe. Gamers, no.
If it's gamblers and business people, stop dressing it up as a game, it's giving you a bad name in gaming circles (google entropia universe and read the feedback from the general population yourself, it's not pretty).

ps: I fall into the category of gambler and expect MA to !!!! my PED card every time I top it up - exponentially faster - so am never disappointed.
pps: I love to play/gamble Entropia, but would never, ever recommend it to a friend or acquaintance, again; not even as a gambling platform (no rake!). Everyone I've introduced to the game, now bane EU vengefully. Even I bane EU... it's a shyte game, but gambling is fun when poker winnings allow me to click in EU and every other game at my disposal doesn't rouse my interest at that particular time.

How you can winning in poker, and losing in EU?

What limits you're playing in poker? What rooms? What is your SN?

You have several posts, where you states your profits in poker, and always blaming EU same time.

Those, who playing poker - can easily play EU well. So, you're failed in EU. Thus, you can't play poker.

Your post has nothing to do with the topic and I wasted my time replying, so I deleted it.

Last edited:
How you can winning in poker, and losing in EU?

What limits you're playing in poker? What rooms? What is your SN?

You have several posts, where you states your profits in poker, and always blaming EU same time.

Those, who playing poker - can easily play EU well. So, you're failed in EU. Thus, you can't play poker.

Problem is dr3w, you are a "player" in your own mind, and not a gamer.

You seem to think that's ok. Yet, I have not seen word one from you about how to improve this playerbase for those that are not gamblers. All I see Is " I am the shit".

This helps nobody. You need to see that you are not loved or cared for, or otherwise respected. I Just play for the fun and the rush and the time spent from IRL shit.

But you we do'nt need. The I am the bolllox poeple. That to me is crap.

Good luck finding happiness... you know what? I am uber in that before I logged on.

It's good news that some promotion is taking place, especially now that more depth is in game compared to the changeover to CE2 at VU-10. One thing i have noticed is that there doesn't seem to be an area around PA that is comparable to the previous sweat area's both pre VU10 (old swamp), and after the launch of VU10 (the lake).

These area's used to be a large social hub for new players to become involved with the community, and for some reason the new "swamp camp" doesn't seem to have the same vibe. An area or outpost further out with large spawns of daikiba, combibo, bery and maybe snable along with an auctioneer so healers and older players healing etc can stay there without need to travel to PA would help. Maybe the north side of the swamp there would work, but bigger spawns and an auctioneer there i think would help return that vibrancy that i think was lost.

Basically along the lines of Pre vu10 swamp camp - that worked really well i think.

Last edited:
Problem is dr3w, you are a "player" in your own mind, and not a gamer.

You seem to think that's ok. Yet, I have not seen word one from you about how to improve this playerbase for those that are not gamblers. All I see Is " I am the shit".

This helps nobody. You need to see that you are not loved or cared for, or otherwise respected. I Just play for the fun and the rush and the time spent from IRL shit.

But you we do'nt need. The I am the bolllox poeple. That to me is crap.

Good luck finding happiness... you know what? I am uber in that before I logged on.

I seriously didn't get it all.

If you want to see some helping words from me - search is your friend.

It's good news that some promotion is taking place, especially now that more depth is in game compared to the changeover to CE2 at VU-10. One thing i have noticed is that there doesn't seem to be an area around PA that is comparable to the previous sweat area's both pre VU10 (old swamp), and after the launch of VU10 (the lake).

Yes, it was much better with the combibo and the lake since Combibo does not hit too often while they have quite a bit of health meaning they are optimized for sweating :) having a lake next to it to drown them in really helped as well.

So yeah, I believe that just remaking the "New New Swamp" into the "New Swamp (Lake)" would help at the beginning since it was much better :) now all newbies are spread out and most are quickly shuttled to Limnadian or some other place by their mentors or whoever is happening to offer a ride since the new new swamp is not a good sweating place :(

Yes, it was much better with the combibo and the lake since Combibo does not hit too often while they have quite a bit of health meaning they are optimized for sweating :) having a lake next to it to drown them in really helped as well.

So yeah, I believe that just remaking the "New New Swamp" into the "New Swamp (Lake)" would help at the beginning since it was much better :) now all newbies are spread out and most are quickly shuttled to Limnadian or some other place by their mentors or whoever is happening to offer a ride since the new new swamp is not a good sweating place :(

Yes thats what i mean, the old area's formed an immediate place where people met up and team sweated combibo, bery etc, and healers and older players would chill there waiting on auctions clearing. They were place that newer players would be drawn into a "noob community" forming friendships that got them into the social hub.

I think that is what is missing at the moment, a noob sweat place as vibrant as the old ones.

Back