Steelbird Iron Challenge, finishable?

TommyDaGreat

Stalker
Society
Freelancer
Poisonous TommyDaGreat Snake
So yesterday I got to almost 400/1000 steelbirds. Was about to finish this quest in two days or so, I expected.

Now I can't find the steelbirds anywhere?

Have we been screwed over yet another time, or are there actually any birds (gen 01, not elites) out there still?

Port Atlantis is empty of them. So are Camp Phoenix, Hadesheim Crater, Fort Zeus, Fort Pandora.

I have lost 1500 ped on hunting those things so far, and I refuse to accept to not be able to complete this quest and get those rewards after losing so much on so few hunts.

So, what do I do now?

I get really angry for things like this because the mission doesn't have a timer and we had no warnings about the mobs disappearing beforehand either. Just poofed over the night and I got punched in the face once again.

It was a seasonal mission same as the longtooth mission. You`ll mostly likely get another shot at it next year.

I know it was. But they still didn't provide the information as to how long time we had to finish it.

The first days it was impossible to finish cause there were ubers everywhere, killstealing, and in every way killing all mobs around you. 200 players on 100 mobs.

The last days it has finally been possible to kill them due to ubers starting to get finished. So the average player finally had the chance to get it done. And then it gets removed?

I believe the event actually ran for an extra week so you had more time to finish it. I'm guessing they'll be back next year.

I read that the robots are still active in the crater. Maybe you can find Elites there. Not that it will help you much, probably.

If it was one extra week, they surely didn't say so anywhere.

And even if they did, one week is way too short unless you want to sit 3 days in front of the computer in a row and have no life outside of that.

For someone that works and have other hobbies, that is way too short considering the amt of HP that mob have and the time it takes to kill them.

If they do come back eventually, I can accept this situation. But if I never get the chance to finish it off, they have one more really unhappy customer.

I read that the robots are still active in the crater. Maybe you can find Elites there. Not that it will help you much, probably.

Been there. Only droka, drone, legionnaires and warriors there.

I know it was. But they still didn't provide the information as to how long time we had to finish it.

The first days it was impossible to finish cause there were ubers everywhere, killstealing, and in every way killing all mobs around you. 200 players on 100 mobs.

The last days it has finally been possible to kill them due to ubers starting to get finished. So the average player finally had the chance to get it done. And then it gets removed?

There were few spawns such as Zeus where there were like 1-2 avatars or less at one time hunting `em. You should have searched for other places. Billy was indeed overcrowded.

Lol, I finished the mission two days ago but didn't claim my reward yet... gonna be interesting, if I can do this tonight when I come home :)

(btw: I was alone most of the time at Fort Zeus when I did the mission).

So yesterday I got to almost 400/1000 steelbirds. Was about to finish this quest in two days or so, I expected.

Now I can't find the steelbirds anywhere?

Have we been screwed over yet another time, or are there actually any birds (gen 01, not elites) out there still?

Port Atlantis is empty of them. So are Camp Phoenix, Hadesheim Crater, Fort Zeus, Fort Pandora.

I have lost 1500 ped on hunting those things so far, and I refuse to accept to not be able to complete this quest and get those rewards after losing so much on so few hunts.

So, what do I do now?

I get really angry for things like this because the mission doesn't have a timer and we had no warnings about the mobs disappearing beforehand either. Just poofed over the night and I got punched in the face once again.

it was said the end on the 30th november but still ran longer so dont whine that you didnt finish it....

if you lost 1.5k you should be happy they are gone ... i finished em all and lost 3k

The Harbinger event was announced to end at 30. November.

For me it was clear that at the end the Steel Birds get removed too.

Hunted them on monday for 10 hours and got it finished in time. Dont ask for losses this time i didnt care...

Last edited:
There is still a spawn in the crater.

Steelbirds is a seasonal spawn, much like Eomons and Longtooth. If you're not in time to finish them before they're gone for the season, they'll still come back at a later stage. The mission in itself is permanent, so if you don't finish in time you'll still keep your score until next time they pop up.

Steelbirds is a seasonal spawn, much like Eomons and Longtooth. If you're not in time to finish them before they're gone for the season, they'll still come back at a later stage. The mission in itself is permanent, so if you don't finish in time you'll still keep your score until next time they pop up.

Thank you for the official word!

:shower:

Hanne, please don't get me wrong for posting this...

... but I start to love you, thanks :)

The mission told you up front that steel birds wouldn't always be there. They announced up front the event would end on the 30th. And yet they gave an extra week on top of that.

Maybe the first day or so had kill stealing. But i didnt see it. I was out there on 6 separate days(betwen the 9th and 15th) killing in 3 different locales(phoenix, billys, caravan) and never had a single one stolen(with the weapon i was using it would have been easy to KS me). The first few days or so there was slim pickings. After they added a few more spawns of steelbirds it was easy to find them without competition. The caravan spawn had quite a few green dots, but there was plenty to shoot at without stealing from anyone.

Just saw global in-game minute ago. They must be somewhere...

I see many globals on gen01 after last update at the tracker, but where they located? Anybody who know please tell us coordinates.

Thank you. That was exactly what I wanted to hear.

The Harbinger event was announced to end at 30. November.

For me it was clear that at the end the Steel Birds get removed too.

Ditto, and the fact was they were even available longer than that (and still are).
I worked my ass off (all nighter) to finish 'The Federal Empire Strikes Back' before the update that was planned on the 30th as I expected all to end than.

Anybody happen to know if the steelbirds are still available?

Been hunting them at the crater until 2 ays ago. But when I arrived today they could not be found anymore.

Are they now really gone?

Anybody happen to know if the steelbirds are still available?

Been hunting them at the crater until 2 ays ago. But when I arrived today they could not be found anymore.

Are they now really gone?

I've not been there recently, but I would say they are gone if you can't find them, but will return in about a year I guess.

They`re suppose to be seasonal mob like longtooth. If they`re not gone yet they should be.

Last time I saw them was yesterday, today all gone.

/Wille

Back