Suggestion to bring new players/profit to MA

northstar

Provider
Society
entropia maniacs
north northy star
Make sweat worth something again.

wow now that was one hell of a contribution...
well it does make sense though. I would also suggest to FINALLY implement the promised new ways to "free" playing such as the beer cans on rocktropia and implement them WITH a use for those beer cans!!!!!
NOW!
It's not about time... it's actually too late already.

!!!!!!THATS A GOOD IDEA!!!!!!!!
:lolup:So WIth THat Said:lolup:...........

:yay:$WEAT FOR Ammo:yay:
:yay:$WEAT FOR Mines Probes:yay:
:yay:$WEAT FOR Car Rental:yay: (Cars will not be placed or traded to Inventory:wise:)

:cool:PM Me For Apointment:cool:

Also Ammo, Probes and Bombs Runner **Tak SDA**(Supply Delievery AnyWhere)
2 ped fee and..
25.pecs per TP Chip I
50.pecs per TP Chip II Use

:cool:PM Me To Meet or Make Apointments//FL Add//Or To see when im on:cool:

hmmm... so to continue with the thoughts I posed on the other three threads on this topic this week, the fact that there are players who have been around since 2009 and are still relying on sweat as a source of income is one of the main reasons that new players can't get started sweating anymore.

Sorry, I don't know your personal story, so I can't justfy making a personal dig, but it seems that many older players are trying to seem altruistic by using a "help the noobs" argument for raising the price of sweat, when what they really want is to be able to sell the 30k sweat they already have in storage so that they can continue not depositing for another year with less difficulty...

so:

serious questions:

• how would you suggest a free activity for noobs that would allow them to get a foot in the door, without increasing the percentage of long term non depositors?
  • how would you increase the price of sweat to help new players, without having older players exploit the oppritunity until the price falls again?

I say:

Hell no!

Come up with a better way to make it easier for new players :wise:

As lilac said, making sweat worth more may not bring more profit to MA, only more people taking on sweating as a long-term income, less people depositing, etc... I am sure there is a better way that doesnt have to do with sweating that newbies can be helped.

THATZ LIEK SAYINGS DUKE NUKEM 4ever IZ COMINGZ OoT TIS YEAR! And no.

diluted sweat is worth quite a bit, and it comes from hunting loot. Try depositing a bit and hunting some and you might just find some! :)

On a more serious note, vibrant sweat should be added to hunting/mining/crafting loot in addition to the blazers/novas for the no looters, and it should be set so there is no no looters ever in those professions.

Last edited:
The way I see it there are two things that need to be done.
1. MA to remove Synthetic and Light Mind Essence from game, leaving only normal ME again.
2. New players to cooperate and not sell for anything less than 5 Ped per 1000.

Unfortunately neither seems to have worked. The free game seems to be over I am afraid.

Bjorn :(

In my days 1k sweat was 13 peds, now its shite, i don't blame the innocent noobs, it just dropped, maybe resellers, i always buy 1k 10 peds, the problem are some noobz abuse and should face the fact that they need to depot. But times have changed.. And tough times for the new guys. Maybe people should buy sweat higher price and give this game a chance. They are our future.

The way I see it there are two things that need to be done.
1. MA to remove Synthetic and Light Mind Essence from game, leaving only normal ME again.
2. New players to cooperate and not sell for anything less than 5 Ped per 1000.

Unfortunately neither seems to have worked. The free game seems to be over I am afraid.

Bjorn :(

1. Well We could try not using anything that uses SE Or LME( May not happen lol)

2. Agree on #2

I been collecting sweat just because rather its to sale it or stack it in my Apartment lol.. But I do Suggest to Deposit...Its Ultimately the best way to Start

I Do lol

lol, oh well this the year..

yeah this the year. lol
sorry for off topic... but that topic is actually more interestning than the original one bcause the orignial one gets discussed in an average of 3 threads/week so zzz. gn8

I wouldn't mind seeing sweat back around 5ped /k but I don't agree that getting rid of the new mind essence types is the way to do it. Mindforce hunting is already less eco than other weapon types but not so much that peole don't use it. If the ammo for it has a 160% MU than many people will stop using it as it won't be anywhere close to eco anymore. You won't have increased ME sales, you'll just decrease MF users.

I think the easiest solution for increasing sweat use would be component BPs that use sweat. Even just 1 or 2 sweat added to a well used component BP could increase the need for sweat quite a bit while only adding about 1 pec to the cost of the click (including MU). Imagine if basic filters used 1 sweat per attempt, lol.

The key there is it's not so much sweat that it'd be prohibitive to gather it yourself and hence it would add no cost. Or, with such small ammounts, most crafters wouldn't mind buying it.

There are ways to make sweat useful without making mindforce use even more un-attractive.

What about

Each player can only sweat a certain amount per month say 3k of sweat.

Wont be a large supply of sweat - prices will rise.

But what do I know, everyone depo more peds for loot, more loot more people will play

If it helps any I consumed around 2k sweat today crafting. Got a 700ped hof in the process too :)

I don't think it will really change the value of sweat much if any, but thought I would throw that out there for you.

narfi

If it helps any I consumed around 2k sweat today crafting. Got a 700ped hof in the process too :)

I don't think it will really change the value of sweat much if any, but thought I would throw that out there for you.

narfi

And this is exactly what I was talking about in my earlier post :D

Add just a tiny ammount of sweat to a component BP and the use of it will rise dramatically.

The BPs on RT are a good start and your post, Narfi, is a perfect example of exactly how it actually works.

How about something like...

At Level 0 - 1 Sweat Gatherer (or 0-2 or 0-3...dunno best point) you can get up to the current max bottles per attempt.
At each level after that the max lowers by one until your max per attempt is 1 bottle.
This way the newest players get the most per success, but even someone at level 20 can still collect sweat, just that it's only one bottle at a time.

How about something like...

At Level 0 - 1 Sweat Gatherer (or 0-2 or 0-3...dunno best point) you can get up to the current max bottles per attempt.
At each level after that the max lowers by one until your max per attempt is 1 bottle.
This way the newest players get the most per success, but even someone at level 20 can still collect sweat, just that it's only one bottle at a time.

I like that... it's kindof like the old sweat cap only it doesn't completely take away your ability to gather sweat!

Though I would adjust the level ranges a bit, I was over lvl 3 sweat gatherer in my first month of play =p

do like 1-5 = max 4
6-10 = 3
11-15 = 2
16+ = 1

They either need to limit sweat in this, or some other way, or introduce new uses for it (NOT take away synthectic ME!).

And this is exactly what I was talking about in my earlier post :D

Add just a tiny ammount of sweat to a component BP and the use of it will rise dramatically.

The BPs on RT are a good start and your post, Narfi, is a perfect example of exactly how it actually works.

I just have this feeling that there's about 50X the amount of sweat in game then the planet could use in a month...90% of which isn't even on the market cause folks don't try to sell... If the price of sweat went up at all... those folks that have a ton of sweat but don't play for lack of a buyer would log in, sell, start swunting again, and create a surplus before any real game growth could occur...

I just have this feeling that there's about 50X the amount of sweat in game then the planet could use in a month...90% of which isn't even on the market cause folks don't try to sell... If the price of sweat went up at all... those folks that have a ton of sweat but don't play for lack of a buyer would log in, sell, start swunting again, and create a surplus before any real game growth could occur...

It's not so much about raising the prices as raising the sales volume. Right now noobs have difficulty selling their sweat even at 3 ped/k. I buy sweat from noobs, it's not a reselling thing, I don't profit from what I buy off them, I give them as much as I can without taking a loss when selling the ME and they always have more sweat than I can use.

Putting just 1 bottle of sweat / click on component BPs would mean (judging only from auction sales on components, not what gets TT'd or is sitting in storage) an easy 100k sweat used on a daily basis. This 1 sweat would add 0.003 peds cost / click at current prices or half a pec if sweat went back to 5ped /k. A negligible cost for the crafter (and they could always sweat it themselves to eliminate that half a pec cost).

While this would not solve the 'problem' with sweating as a viable means for noobs to earn ped it would help. I honestly don't believe that sweat needs to be more expensive, I just think it needs to be easier to sell. It should be enough to allow a taste of the game and current prices DO allow that.

Spend 8 hours gathering sweat and you'll end up with about 4k, that's 12 peds currently, more than enough for a kiwiio and some rookie ammo, then you can go slaughter a bunch of punies to try out hunting or get some rookie mining gear and a good number of rookie bombs / probes to try out mining.

With the reduced costs now to try the game at a noob level sweat doesn't need to be 5 ped/k anymore but they DO need to be able to sell the sweat.

Just a simple suggestion from myself as we all know the game can be expensive to play constantly...
And before anyone says it yes I have only been in the game for about 2months but in that time I have sweated and sold my own sweat and yes I do depo... (What's shiny and Gold...)

Fire retardant suit on and ready for a flaming... ;)

The conversion for USD to PEDS could simply be changed so instead of being 10PED = 1USD how about 100PED = 1USD and now the game has become realistically playable to a lot more people for say $20-50$ per month for a depo.

If this happened I don't imagine that the game dynamics (sweating or loot etc.) would need to be changed at all as you would be getting more bang for you buck.

People wouldn't simply be complaining that their virtual items/investments have instantly decreased in value are some market manipulation would start happening to try and increases values to ridiculous prices.

Ultimately more people making a depo though equals more profit for MA and more loot for us if you beleive some of the theories and the most important part more people staying in the game.

~xXx

While it wouldn't be difficult to do a conversion to 100:1 I'm not sure it'd be a good idea. The current Ped on everyones card would need to be multiplied by 10. Common crafted / looted items would hold their current TT value meaning that any resources you have in storage just became 10x cheaper, you won't be recovering that investment. High end items and land would likely just have their prices inflated 10x since no one will want to sell them at 1/10th what they paid.

Also, I see no real benefit in this change for MA and that's what it really comes down to. EU is as cheap to play as you make it. You can hunt punies with a kiwiio or mine with rookie tools or you can go hunt proteron. The level of spending required to play is really up to you.

Makind ped worth 1/10th it's current value would mean less depositing for most players, your money would last 10x longer than it does currently, the decay on items would cost 1/10th as much. To make this change even a latteral move for MA they would have to increase the number of depositors by 10x and that's just to break even.

It would let people play 10x longer for the same money, that is not going to make MA any money and I seriously doubt it would result in the player base growing 10 fold.

EDIT:

P.S. This isn't meant as any kind of flame and just because you've only been play 2 months doesn't mean you can't offer ideas, I just personally think that this one would cause more trouble than it'd be worth for players and MA.

The conversion for USD to PEDS could simply be changed so instead of being 10PED = 1USD how about 100PED = 1USD and now the game has become realistically playable to a lot more people for say $20-50$ per month for a depo.

I agree with those who are telling you that it would mess things up too much on calypso...

but it's a great niche market for another planet if it were to grow a completely independant loot structure and economy

!

lol @ these threads...

is there a sweater complaining every week or each second week or so now? :p

soon they will swarm us!

take cover, the sweaty sweaters are attacking!

MA already has a marketing director. But it would seem he doesn't do anything but sit around polishing his hermes award.:yup:

If he actually did his job, his customers wouldn't feel compelled to think up revenue creating ideas.

MA already has a marketing director. But it would seem he doesn't do anything but sit around polishing his hermes award.:yup:

If he actually did his job, his customers wouldn't feel compelled to think up revenue creating ideas.

didn't you get the memo thats the playerbases job description :silly2:

didn't you get the memo thats the playerbases job description :silly2:

MA hired a marketing director, it is now the marketing directors job to read threads like this one and then NOT implement any of the ideas OR any of his own :laugh:

EU is actually an alien conspiracy and they don't want word getting out about it! :silly2:

here's a thought...

for a limited time... 3 month period (before hangers are functional), would it be worth offering players the opprotunity to redeem 10k sweat for transport to and from a new planet? offer can only be redeemed 1x per month...

might be interesting to see if folks are more motivated by content on other planets, and it would help dry up the surplus without affecting much else...

Back