Elite
Society
freelancer
Sir Matt Copping
global-alliance-ga.gif

Is proud to present its third and annual

race2_copy.jpg

18th JULY 2010 - 13:00 Calypso Time

Prizes announced! Aproximate TT Value 1700 PEDS!

A free new arrival event!

Residents of all planets invited, free to enter for anyone showing thirty agility or less (Yes this time you may enter with 30 its self!) for the duration of the race.

Starting Location: Boreas

This year’s race takes place within the beautiful Planet Calypso back drop of VU. 10 for the first time! Because of this with, great expectations I’m sure, I’m pleased to announce the following new route:

marchontroy.jpg

Key

Start. Due to Port Atlantis’ new location this year’s race shell be started just outside the new Teleporter of Boreas. We apologise for this annoying pre-race journey to reach this TP; but will do are up most to ensure everyone can get it in time before race day.

1. The first check point

2. Dark water crossing – Enter the cold and murky waters of one of the most terrifying stretches of river. Leave behind your mentor and the crowds of spectators as you become one of many swimmers in the open expanse between check points 2 and 3. Do you dare to take the plunge first?

3. Those who survived the crossing must hull themselves upon the embankments

4. The final outpost before the finish line

5. The road to victory – Those who have made it this far are brave and strong, now every man for himself; the road is not long; victory awaits everyone who makes it.

Finish. The race will end just outside Fort Troy, exact coordinates of finish line will be announced and you will be guided in.

Please note, route may be subject to change. Announcements of any changes will be made with plenty of time.

So are you up for the challenge?

Working together will be the key to your success! The route is long, hard and new but the rewards for March on Troy winners and those whom participate are always great and grand.

Because of this; all participants will be allowed help from mentors, society mates, friends and family until Dark water crossing, once you enter the waters you will be alone with your fellow racers. Helpers will not be permitted to make the crossing with you nor will they be allowed to help you on the other side. You will strictly not be permitted outside help from then on in. We invite all spectators to TP across; as the suspense builds we will await the faint spec of life on the horizon from the other side.

Participants found to be using any form of TP chip OR CAR at any point in the race will be disqualified.

Once on the other side of the river you will still not be safe, the path to the outpost is a dangerous one; team work will ensure survival, stay as a group, those with guns may protect those without in return for heals or other services along the route. But remember protection comes at a cost to weight.

Anyone not racing are reminded please do not help the racers in any way for this leg of the race. It is up the racers to prove there abilities in this section. This is more then just a race; it will take strategy to win, anyone can win with 1 agility against people with the max 30.

Anyone participating seen agro’ing a mob to die and revive job is highly frowned upon and will be investigated, if found to have benefited deliberately you will be disqualified.

You may race alongside the participant’s even if you are above entry level for fun (have higher than the max agility) but towards the end we ask you to press T and await the true races at the finish line; this avoids confusion as players are grabbed in the order they cross the line for prizes. Each participant will be scanned to verify agility levels before prizes are given to them (beacuse of the time taken last year). Basically please ONLY cross the finish line as a racer if you are displaying level 30 agility or lower… thank you.

The top few will gain set prizes but all participants no matter what finishing position you can be rewarded one of the extra spot prizes we normally offer.

If you would like to donate any prizes to the pool on behalf of yourself, society, business etc, please PM me; they are all greatly appreciated, without such, this free new player event could not be held.

Thanks to everyone who is helping out to make the third March On Troy possible, and a huge thank you to all who have made it possible to reach year 3 in the first place!

Please ask any questions, and post you’re full in game name below to register.

Also if you would like to get involved and help in anyway please post.

With all the best of luck
//Global Alliance Society.

Global Alliance's
The March on Troy – A New beginning

Prize List!

Approximate TT Value 1700 PED!

With a special and huge Thank You to all those who have made this possible with their kind donations and the offering of their time on race day. Without whom this event would not be possible and we would not be able to inspire the number of new players that we do to come forward and add their unique touch to the virtual community, helping them on their way by letting them race it out for a prize or two; many of which we have seen globalling years on.​

Even, maybe just perhaps, still using the prizes they won at the March on Troy.​

:)

Anyway, here we are then!​

First Place - Uber Armour Collection (Aproximate Over all value 1000 ped+ )
Includes:

1 x full set Gremlin Armour (tt value is 484.20 ped, with current markup suit is worth approx 650 ped).
1 x full set (7 pieces) 6A armour plates (tt value is 175 peds, with markup worth approx 210 ped)
1 x 2600 FAP (tt is 120 ped, worth 145 with markup)
1 x Teleportation chip 1 (tt is 87 ped)

Second Place – High Level Hunting Set (372 ped TT value)
Includes:

Full Shogun Armour set (With SECOND GOLDEN AGE Edition Foot Guards) (98 ped)
EWE EP-40 Mercenary (77 ped)
EMT Kit Ek – 2600 (120 ped)
Project Entropia Dollar (75 ped)

Third Place – Mid Level Hunting Set (150 ped TT value)
Includes:

Full Goblin Armour set (30 ped)
A-3 Justifier Mk.II (81 ped)
Omegaton Fast Aid FAP-28 (12 ped)
Project Entropia Dollar (25 ped)

Forth Place – Beginners Mind Force Kit (85 ped TT value)
Includes:

NeoPsion 10 Mindforce Implant (22 ped)
Payn-Inc Implant Inserter (13 ped)
Teleortation Chip I (34 ped)
50000 Mind Essence (5 ped)
Sollomate Opallo (3.80 ped)
Omegation Fast Aid Kit (6 ped)

Fifth Place – Beginners Hunting Set (35 ped TT value)
Includes:

Full Pixie Armour (15 ped)
Omegation Fast Aid Kit (6 ped)
Sollomate Opallo (3.80 ped)
Project Entropia Dollar (10 ped)

Spot Prizes to be given away. Lucky winners will be chosen by Global Alliance - based on spectator input and suggestion and at random. (Around 100 ped + TT Value)

ClericDagger 1A (15 ped)
Korss H380 (L) (10 ped)
Component Blueprint Book/s + about 40 Blueprints (2 ped)
Sollomate Opallo's x6 (3.80 ped each)
Omegation Fast Aid Kits x10-15 (Ranging TT values)
We have been kindly donated a few other items to go with this list as well.

In the event of a close finish, Global Alliance decisions are final.

In the event of an annoying suprise server downtime during the event, Global Alliance has the prizes, and they will be given out to participants that qualify to race. Either by a re-race or by inviting back the runners and handing out the items at random.

Another huge THANK YOU. And all i have left to say is, get your running shoes ready!

Last edited:
reserved for participants

1. Master Mahabaza Suzuki
2. Bombay GotGuns Toms
3. Ande Avatar Evans
4. Dark Lord Raven
5. Baalat LaDiosa Phoenician
6. jorge ALTER poco
7. Jaime J250 Awesome
8. Faolin Moonshadow GanCoedwigBlaidd
9. Aeslynn SilverWolfe Oakchapel
10. Ivan SaintP Bespredeloff
11. TecnOMaguS TSA
12. Davidrambo rambo ramborger
13. Curti Moot Tuscovi

Further Information

Entropia Forum social group: https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/groups/284/
Xfire clan page: http://www.xfire.com/communities/themarch/
Global Alliance website: http://www.gacommand.com/index.php

Spectator: So your interested in being a spectator the grandest race of the year? Here's a tip; know the best places to watch and be sure to pack a TP chip, you'll be in for one action packed afternoon!

Were to watch - Be sure to to arrival early in Boreas to soak up the pre-race atmosphere as tensions to get racing builds among are hopeful contenders. The once quite city transformed into a busting hive of activity, the anticipation building as officials from the secret location of the starting blocks come to collect us from out waiting; we make our way down, the line of new players stretching for ages as more people take up the marks. Silence, a single gun shot, and there off! watch for a few minutes as they jussel together to get an early lead, then head off to Dark water crossing.

Watch at Dark water crossing as the survives leave behind there mentors and face the a terrifying river as wide as the eye can see. Who will be the first to take the plunge into its depths? Who will be the first out the other side alive... now tp across the river and wait to see, this location is sure not to disappoint!

The final check point, the road to victory, the finish line - Don't miss out of these out standing points of interest as we watch our runners race past us all trying to be crowned that all exclusive March on Troy winners and take home those prizes. Watch and cheer as Global Alliance crowns its 3rd winner at the finish line, then be sure not to miss the all important after party and prize giving ceremony.

Xfire live broadcasting: Another way to watch all the action live and be at the very center of our race with feeds from some of our contenders, the officals, spectators will be of course our live xfire broadcast. (information to follow)

Last edited:
register me ! :yay:, register me :yay: :yay: :yay:

My full name in game is Master Mahabaza Suzuki :yay:

Last edited:
register me ! :yay:, register me :yay: :yay: :yay:

My full name in game is Master Mahabaza Suzuki :yay:

Welcome to the gang, get your running shoes at the ready!

Just remember to keep your agility below 30 till the event ;) and check back later in the month, a lot more info to post :yay:

Updated with further spectating information.

Don't miss out on this event because your to high skilled, its all about a good show; so come along and be a spectator, cheer on your society mates, friends and all those brave enough to enter :)

Information on the after party to follow; with talks of live streaming into buildings its sure to impress this year more then ever!

Here's to another grate race, good luck all who enter its the best race of the year:yay::D:wtg:

:laugh: my agi now is 30, so from now, i wont play entropia until 2nd of May :D :laugh:

wow, thats pure dedication; good show Suzuki, we don't dissapoint. :wtg:

Here's to another grate race, good luck all who enter its the best race of the year:yay::D:wtg:

good to hear from you Kane, thanks for the post. Will chat on the forum im sure, untill then all the best.

Hey matt, im not sure, but will i be able to attend and register? or becus of my soc, (yours :)) will i have to assist?

Last year's race was one of my favorite events of all time :yay: Unfortunately I have to much agility to enter this year :( But I'll have fun watching.

cool event :)

but isn't it very early to announce it?
Who knows how many planets will be released by then, how many new features, and perhaps most importantly: Who knows how much the landscapes will have changed :) (cfr: the lay of the land)

Hey matt, im not sure, but will i be able to attend and register? or becus of my soc, (yours :)) will i have to assist?

I think, in the past not normally do any GA members enter; because its our event would be a bit strange if we took first prize :laugh: I'm really sorry Mahersey.

Group participation is always key to success, if you want to assist then that will be brilliant. Loads of opportunities to get involved with this project, learn new areas of skill, or show of strengths outside the normal hunting, mining etc.

Jump on the forum or send me a Pm Mahersey :)

cool event :)

but isn't it very early to announce it?
Who knows how many planets will be released by then, how many new features, and perhaps most importantly: Who knows how much the landscapes will have changed :) (cfr: the lay of the land)

Yeah thats true, we could be very surprised. There could be a huge update that weekend on something, but we hope not. and the chances are there won't be.

We normally announce it around now to gain as much publicity and interest with in the event, build sponsors and prize funds etc etc and to help make the event the biggest it can possible be on the day.

It gives us time to take on board suggestions, problems and other ideas you guys might have. In order to make each March On Troy as best as it possible can. :)

Any event on this scale and out side the normal eventing system has tons of possible things that could go wrong, we now have a good few months to iron out as many of those as possible. As we are growing the event and changing it every year, always so many new problems we find lol. But GA is now pretty grand at hosting this, so please do not fear!

Last edited:
Matt I recommend invite a few personalities into the fray as judges/moderators.
As such I started this but you can say no!

I think it would be good to allow a broad range of judges involving GA and outside respected (humorous) impartials to kick this off in the lead up to MAY 2010, thus draw in participation. I offered this as I really see Kalanen as one of the many a superb contender:D
He may decline however its worth adding some well knowns and possibilities ;)

On the home straight now down to the event!

thanks for the idea Xaph.

Please remember if your society, or business would like to sponsor a prize, of your naming and reason, (eg, The Global Alliance prize for excellence)we would be greatly appreciated; please post those details if you wish to make a contribution. If you can have a rep on site on the day that would make it all the more specialer as well :) but GA can give the prize on your behalf if you can't.

im looking to complile this information over the next few months.

thank you.

//Global Alliance.

Wow, such fantastic work Matt. I never would have thought my event would grow like this. Cant wait to see it in person.

Raven is back, and in full swing now =) and hope to see everyone ingame soon enough. For those that missed me...no longer will i be MIA.

Good luck Matt, GA is proud of you and the work you have done. Also thanks to everyone else who has helped that past several years. This event wouldnt be possible without you all.

For all those new players thinking about this...dont think, sign up early and get practice in, its always a long stretch to the finish. Sprints help, Push ups, weight training, it all helps to keep in shape. Good Luck to the competition.

Reactions: Ozi
Thanks Raven, we all have been working well towards it.

Should be getting a graphics card with in the next 2 weeks :) (buying it off a friend but hes go off on hols with out handing it over :rolleyes:) - so will be back in game and we can chat further, good to see you back!

register

Bombay GotGuns Toms

I'll be there! thank you!

nice one, please remember to spread the word! not long now.

Run for your life!!!

Hey all,

Nice nice Matt :wtg:

This races Rock all on the floor :D

Im in for sure :tele:

Obs: So people cant die on purpose to revive at the next revival ?

maybe update the map! the used map is old, and don't show right. :)
And take care all, from point 1 to 2, could be robots take a look to you guys:D
East Boreas they are and north est of there. gl all:)

maybe update the map! the used map is old, and don't show right. :)
And take care all, from point 1 to 2, could be robots take a look to you guys:D
East Boreas they are and north est of there. gl all:)

They changed the map again :rolleyes: i'll try to get in later to make another print screen; thanks for the heads up. My machines still shoddy :laugh:

If you die of purpose then the offender will be disqualified; its normally pretty obvious

Reg. Avatar:)

Hey im interested in race:) can you sign me up please? agility is currently 29. see you soon;):yay:

Hey im interested in race:) can you sign me up please? agility is currently 29. see you soon;):yay:

I sure will :D

Please check back here before the race, im yet to of checked the map again so things are still being adapted.

VU 10 has thrown a lot of our plans out the window ;)

Back