The Rig (once and for all)

Zane

Stalker
Society
Free Entropia Rangers
Zane Bear Hirak
Ok I searched the forum and didn't find what I was looking for. Other sites list ways of getting to the Oil Rig and its coords, but they are all outdated. So, once and for all, for myself and for everyone who ever wanted to know.... give me the coordinates of the Oil Rig, and name some possible routes of getting there.

Thanks to whomever takes this seriously. :laugh:

Just look up a map and find the TP for Ashi. The PvP area is directly NE of Ashi, and you couldn't miss the rig, its huge now.

83430, 79225

Lace your Nikes up. ;)

Ok I searched the forum and didn't find what I was looking for. Other sites list ways of getting to the Oil Rig and its coords, but they are all outdated. So, once and for all, for myself and for everyone who ever wanted to know.... give me the coordinates of the Oil Rig, and name some possible routes of getting there.

Thanks to whomever takes this seriously. :laugh:

Follow the link at my sig

if you haven't got Ashi TP, then go to Fort Ares, run due east. You will run into two OP's... The first is rather close to Ares... keep going east. The OP north of the PvP zone is near coords 832, 802 (I think... I am not in game atm). One you get to that OP, run south... might I suggest running a bit east or west as well, since if you do a head-on southern attack on the rig, you will be killed before you can say "ouch". Oh, and unless people have run mobs in, there are no mobs between the OP north and the rig, nor are there mobs between the rig and Ashi TP.

Good luck, have fun, get your free dodge skills!!!

Thanks, everybody. It helps a lot. :D I'm not planning on raiding it just yet because I just started playing a week ago, but I would like to at least see the area. Maybe in a few months I will consider POSSIBLY taking society friends there to nose about, hehe.

Non-lootable PvP right?

Thanks, everybody. It helps a lot. :D I'm not planning on raiding it just yet because I just started playing a week ago, but I would like to at least see the area. Maybe in a few months I will consider POSSIBLY taking society friends there to nose about, hehe.

Non-lootable PvP right?

Yup non lootable.

t

It might have changed but last time I went I found that although it's faster it's harder to get there from Ashi than from Fort Ares. Ideally you want to revive at the outpost directly N of the rig just on the edge of the pvp zone. It's a clear and easy path from there to it.

It might have changed but last time I went I found that although it's faster it's harder to get there from Ashi than from Fort Ares. Ideally you want to revive at the outpost directly N of the rig just on the edge of the pvp zone. It's a clear and easy path from there to it.

Ok awesome. Hell, I'm having a hard enough time getting to Ares or Ashi as it is haha. Such a noob, but it's still fun. :)

How many people have anyone here seen at once at the Rig?

Usually there is a small crowd of 5-10 people there, some good pk'ers, and some friends of good pk'ers.
Nevertheless, you will have no problem reaching the big oil rig, but you will have a hard time reaching the one that actually spwans oil for the taking.

I just re-visited for the first time since VU10 yesterday and got a good look-over of the place before someone considered my sorry Ghost wearing ass a threat. :laugh:

Once you get Fort Ares TP, just run SE with a slightly more East direction until you reach the pvp zone. After that it's easy since the rig is dead center of the zone.

Good luck, mate! :)

Last edited:
you can always count on finding fight there:)
regards to BA lol:D

How many have I seen at the rig at one time? Search this forum for "Wastelanders" and all will be revealed.

The rig is a enigma to me. It only spews out 10peds or so every 10mins (i dunno the exact numbers), yet 'ubers' and such will burn 40ped to loot 20ped (if they are good enough)..

I'm sure with their guns/skills theyd make a fair ammount more at pvp4 :p I just wonder why so many high skilled players fight over the oil (unless its just for the fun), when the only point it seems to achieve is waste decay/ammo stopping noobs from getting it - decreasing player retention! lol.

If it is just for the fun. I prepose an 'opallo oil' event, where everyone is armorless and equal.. That would be so much fun, especially if we got a few people going there. Would anyone be interested in an event like this, or better, interested in arranging an event like this?

I think it would be great for new people, fun for veterans, and a good fair test of skill (not the 'K' kind ^^)... (who cares if you got a fireforge if you can't shoot faster than a noob with 2ped ammo and an opallo!!). The nice tactical landscape around the rig is a bit pointless if you get 1hko as soon as you get to the rig yaknow?

Sorry for hijacking thread, I might start a new one asking if people would be interested, but I have the feeling the 'ubahs' won't let us do it.

I like the Opalo Rig event idea. I wonder if the ubers would let us have some fun there for a change.

The Rig is an enigma to me too. I would think that with their skills, ubers would be able to make much more money hunting big mobs or doing other stuff. I have seen them sit there for HOURS on end and I can't help but think "do you have any life?" But I guess it's their fun in the game, and that's fine, but it would be great to have a free for all Opalo deathmatch so that the playing field could be leveled for a bit.

Ooh, interesting, I was expecting flames tbh, but if enough people are interested, I might 'try' to arrange it... Not me personally, as I wouldn't have enough 'rep' to arrange something so big (even an hour would be big I feel, as too many high skilled people would just thing, F U and stand there with there rocket launchers).

Depends if a nice respected player would see this post and be interested.;)

I read 3 pages or so of that thread, and came back with the same conclusion... it makes no sense.

A lot of people are talking about "having your fill.." etc when you spend 10k or whatever, so you deserve to take the oil..

That would only make sense if they made money taking the oil? From what most say, and from what I've seen in game.. they don't. They lose it probably as fast as hunting 100% MU loots.

Wouldn't they do better getting 10ped of ammo and slowly picking off miners who dare to venture into lootable PVP areas?

Also, for the event I suggested, I only asked for an hour or so, for all noobs to have fun... I guess if thats too much to ask of the veterans, no wonder this game isn't getting many new players that stay? After all, someone is always gonna have a 8 year advantage..

The rig is a enigma to me. It only spews out 10peds or so every 10mins (i dunno the exact numbers), yet 'ubers' and such will burn 40ped to loot 20ped (if they are good enough)..

I'm sure with their guns/skills theyd make a fair ammount more at pvp4 :p I just wonder why so many high skilled players fight over the oil (unless its just for the fun), when the only point it seems to achieve is waste decay/ammo stopping noobs from getting it - decreasing player retention! lol.

If it is just for the fun. I prepose an 'opallo oil' event, where everyone is armorless and equal.. That would be so much fun, especially if we got a few people going there. Would anyone be interested in an event like this, or better, interested in arranging an event like this?

I think it would be great for new people, fun for veterans, and a good fair test of skill (not the 'K' kind ^^)... (who cares if you got a fireforge if you can't shoot faster than a noob with 2ped ammo and an opallo!!). The nice tactical landscape around the rig is a bit pointless if you get 1hko as soon as you get to the rig yaknow?

Sorry for hijacking thread, I might start a new one asking if people would be interested, but I have the feeling the 'ubahs' won't let us do it.

Well it's just like hunting/mining/crafting... Playing this game in general. You spend 40 ped to loot 20. At least here they can make themselves look cool, and give out free dodge to everyone else :yay:

I read 3 pages or so of that thread, and came back with the same conclusion... it makes no sense.

A lot of people are talking about "having your fill.." etc when you spend 10k or whatever, so you deserve to take the oil..

That would only make sense if they made money taking the oil? From what most say, and from what I've seen in game.. they don't. They lose it probably as fast as hunting 100% MU loots.

Wouldn't they do better getting 10ped of ammo and slowly picking off miners who dare to venture into lootable PVP areas?

Also, for the event I suggested, I only asked for an hour or so, for all noobs to have fun... I guess if thats too much to ask of the veterans, no wonder this game isn't getting many new players that stay? After all, someone is always gonna have a 8 year advantage..

The rig is a pvp playground for vets and noobs alike. Almost NO ONE is there to make profit from oil. Gltyvm..

Yea I know that, but just like crafting/hunting/mining, it is only unprofitable because of the players, not because of MA (unless you personally think MA should be giving you money for nothing..).

What I mean by this is, in most cases, people undercut so much that it makes it hard to cover the 10% MA rightly takes. In the oil rig, its only impossible because people choose to spend so much in decay to ensure they win the oil (so much that they spend more than what they get)... hope this makes sense.

Besides, I don't really agree that all hunting/mining/crafting can't cover the 10% loss anyway.

Anyway, nvm now, i just wondered what general opinion would be on such an event, doesn't look promising, and it would be hard enough to set up with a lot of support.

Np guys, it was JUST a thought :).:laugh:.

The rig is a pvp playground for vets and noobs alike. Almost NO ONE is there to make profit from oil. Gltyvm..

This sounds just about right.
I go there from time to time to see what's up. Sometimes I'm allowed in, can stand there a chat and have a sneak peak for the oil, sometimes I'm dead on arrival, all depending on who is there and what mood that someone is in, but so far I have never even seen a barrel of the stuff supposedly spawning there. :laugh:

So it's not about the oil, it's all about the rig being "The Rig". Only difference now is that it's so easy to get there and survive there since the big mobs isn't really stalking the place anymore.
Back in the days, pre-VU10 most players couldn't even get close to the rig... ;)

But to address your idea about having an Opalo event at the rig.
I'm certain that an agreement could be reached with BA, DD, cK and the other usual rig campers to hold their fire for an hour or so to make the event. However, it just takes one(1) player that don't want to honor the agreement to spoil the fun for all. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
managed to quote myself...

and again...wonder if EF gone bonkers...

Back