Votes: 43 16.9%

• Total voters

littlesamourai

Guardian
Society
*Adopt a Newbie* Foundation
Daoxin Littlesamourai LeZen
Hello all,

Well this is for my own curiosity. I was asking myself about how many people that plays EU have deposited at least once? or regulary? or never?

And of course..i want to know what people that regulary makes some deposits think about the non-depositor. Because we (all) know that the loot pool is made from the depositor.. So what if a non-depositor get rich? So some point of view about the "other" people should be interesting for me. I know lots of people from both categories but have no idea on how much people in average are in each categories...

For sure i know people that deposit regulary and lose all their PED and people that never deposit that can have fun and get some income...

Thx for your answer and comments

I deposit to have fun and play like I want to play.
My choice. If people don't deposit and play that way their choice. And if they hit it big time .... Gratz to them ... No hard feelings what so ever ... We all want to hit the motherlode and some spend hours on end gathering pecs to do a hunt, mine or craft and if they then get great loot ... so much the better.

It would also be interesting for me if the non-depositor tell us how they make their living in this game :)

It would also be interesting for me if the non-depositor tell us how they make their living in this game :)

Most of them would start with sweat, after building up a few peds, they have the choice of getting a opalo and joining swunt teams. They could decide to become a reseller, most would start selling ME and they move up to more expensive things as their ped card grows.

It all comes down to what they are looking for in the game, some want the max profit the can, well others are playing for fun, then again, some want both.

This is how a few socmates play, I deposit myself.

Hey mate,
I played 3 years with no deposits, withdrew 20,000 peds and still had enough peds in game to do whatever I felt like at my playing level.

Fast forward to this year, where I upped my playing style with one massive deposit.

I really enjoyed being a non depositor, but I really do get alot of satisfaction playing with the bigger tools now. :)

When I first started - I would regularly put in money; $10-15 / month -- nothing extreme or ridiculous.

A year or so later - my loot wasn't matching my deposits or my skills; so, the deposits all but disappeared. :broke:

If I want to put money in to do something .. I do.
If I want to go months and months without giving money to MA .. I do that, too.

I won't 'grind' boring-ass mobs for days on end, for a tiny profit. If you spend 9 hours online grinding to profit that 50 ped .. is that really profit ? :scratch:

sorry .. but not to me ! :laugh:

so - if I want to deposit, I do.
I have and I will in the future, I'm sure -- because I won't sweat or grind .. I just want to have fun and am willing to pay for it - if it's worth it. ;)

I try not to worry too much about others' spending habits. It's their money, their prerogative, their issue - not mine.;)

Last edited:
i have to say:
very weird poll to the least.

If someone deposited to try it out, and never did again, then it is very probable he quited already and therefore does not come to forums.

So, the real two answers you leave to the forum members are:
- Are you a REGULAR depositor?
- are you a non-depositor?

Obviously, the 3rd real option that is missing is:
_ are you an occasional depositor?

Since that option was not available, i voted like the majority :D.

Hey mate,
I played 3 years with no deposits, withdrew 20,000 peds and still had enough peds in game to do whatever I felt like at my playing level.

Fast forward to this year, where I upped my playing style with one massive deposit.

I really enjoyed being a non depositor, but I really do get alot of satisfaction playing with the bigger tools now. :)

:eyecrazy: 3 years and 20k PEDs? well without giving some details may i asked you How ThE HelL DiD yoU Do ThAt?!?!?

i have to say:
very weird poll to the least.

If someone deposited to try it out, and never did again, then it is very probable he quited already and therefore does not come to forums.

So, the real two answers you leave to the forum members are:
- Are you a REGULAR depositor?
- are you a non-depositor?

Obviously, the 3rd real option that is missing is:
_ are you an occasional depositor?

Since that option was not available, i voted like the majority :D.

mmmm very good point.. I was thinking about deposit once from time to time.. but you are right my poll is kind of weird but it's mostly the % of regular VS non-depositor that is really interesting me

Deposited once. Had been playing a few weeks, going between sweating and hunting when I finally decided to put in a few hundred peds to be able to join in on all the fun my two RL friends (who started at the same time I did) were having. Two and a half years later now of pure hunting (plus a little bit of mining for HP skilling purposes, gone to lvl 22 or so there) and still no empty ped card.

limited options

I have deposited several times over the past years, but not regularly. Sometimes was just to buy a unique item as a potential investment. I have also withdrawn money several times, but not regularly.

When I first started - I would regularly put in money; $10-15 / month -- nothing extreme or ridiculous.

A year or so later - my loot wasn't matching my deposits or my skills; so, the deposits all but disappeared. :broke:

If I want to put money in to do something .. I do.
If I want to go months and months without giving money to MA .. I do that, too.

I won't 'grind' boring-ass mobs for days on end, for a tiny profit. If you spend 9 hours online grinding to profit that 50 ped .. is that really profit ? :scratch:

sorry .. but not to me ! :laugh:

so - if I want to deposit, I do.
I have and I will in the future, I'm sure -- because I won't sweat or grind .. I just want to have fun and am willing to pay for it - if it's worth it. ;)

I try not to worry too much about others' spending habits. It's their money, their prerogative, their issue - not mine.;)

I am on the opposite end of this. I am a "grinder". Just a habit i picked up and got used to from other MMOs I have played. Yes its true, I have hunted baby snabbles for weeks. BUT, something I have learned from playing Entropia by my grinding. If you hunt a certain area long enough ( each area is different ), you learn that there are certain things that happen periodically that just is not coincedence ( arg spelling? ). Remember no matter how random MA tries to make everything, we are dealing with computers. And computers CANT be truly random. Nuff said.

I depo on regular basis, both for gearing up and for spending on the fun stuff. ive also gone some longer times without depos, ~6 months the longest where i sweated to support my play. Wont do it again thou since MA screwed up the sweating system after vu 10.

I am on the opposite end of this. I am a "grinder". Just a habit i picked up and got used to from other MMOs I have played. Yes its true, I have hunted baby snabbles for weeks. BUT, something I have learned from playing Entropia by my grinding. If you hunt a certain area long enough ( each area is different ), you learn that there are certain things that happen periodically that just is not coincedence ( arg spelling? ). Remember no matter how random MA tries to make everything, we are dealing with computers. And computers CANT be truly random. Nuff said.

Well I made lots of experiments with some friends and i totally agree with you.. It was also one of my goals to "understand" the random system of the loot. Also in hunting or mining, random for a computer = mathematics. People who doesnt deposit must know what you are talking about.

I used to be a regular depositor until a year ago and then stopped for similar reasons to DanielleYourMom.

I've deposited more than my fair share of money.

But I've got some cool toys to show for it, so I think it's all been worth it :)

I deposited for a while but haven't deposited anything in the past year, peds from a few big mining claims have kept me going :wtg:

I started with a small $10 depo, next few months it was $20 then steadily built up to $100/month. I had a time where I didn't depo for months and just used opalo+a101 to grind small mobs. But slow skillgains eventually made me depo and step up my hunting. I have now finally reached a point where I hunt daily and make a small profit, and I have the hunting logs to prove it;)

I still depo anything from $50-$150 a month but that is just to support things like buying better gear, buying investments, skill chips etc. Hunting sustains itself and I am pretty confident that if i want to stay on this level I could prob stop depositing totally:cool:

:lolup: but in that lies the problem I constantly want to challenge myself... hunt bigger mobs, use a bigger gun, get better gear.... and for that there is only one answer and that is to depo

Missing the option, deposited in the past but now playing without depositing.

i think we would all be surprised by the number of non depositors playing the game... and this is why i think you need to take player longevity into account as well.. as i would think the virtual lifespan for non depositors is much lower then depositors as its harder to play off of ingame income. more worktime making peds then funtime spending them ...

been playing almost 4 yrs now myself.. didnt deposit for the first month then have been depositing a couple times a month otherwise, accept for a 6 month period i spent trading to make up some of my losses, and a 8 month period more recently where i lived of a 6k hof. otherwise i average $40 up to sometimes $150 a month.

And of course..i want to know what people that regulary makes some deposits think about the non-depositor. Because we (all) know that the loot pool is made from the depositor.. So what if a non-depositor get rich? So some point of view about the "other" people should be interesting for me

i have had mixed fealings on that subject tho, im either all for it or all against. i know of many very hard working dedicated non depositors that went through thousands of hours of slave labour sweating and trading for fractions of a cent.and then they get a hof ...they deserved it because imo people depositing isnt the only thing that keeps the game going but the amount of people buying and selling shit keeping demand and supply up.... the more people trading and such is a good thing whether they have put their rl money in or not ... they have worked hard in most cases for the little they do have, and can appreciate it more then us depositors that carelessly burn through hundreds of ped an hour grinding..

and then u have the non depositors that scam people anyway they can just to make a few fractions of a cent ... whether its just way over pricing items their selling or way underpricing items they want all the way up to trust scam's and kill stealing to save a couple ammo shots....

that effort could be better spent elsewhere so if they are getting rich off the bs or better yet MA gives them a uber hof for screwing the community with great dedication then yea that pisses me off :)

alright im done... sorry just smoked a fat J... i tend to ramble when im stoned..

a lot of nondepositors ingame. where they take peds? u pay them :D its rare blueprints, good LA owners and people deposite money and give it to them. masters&slaves :bowdown::cowboy:

I've deposited fairly regularly over the years - not much in the way of disposable income so $20-50 per month is average.
I've built up enough stocks of commonly looted stackables that I can afford to wait and auction them in bulk so as not to have to tt them to get ammo.
I've been luckier than usual over the last couple of months, so I still have some PED on my card, as well as a few stacks that are almost big enough to auction, so I should be able to carry on like this for another month or so :)

I deposit every 2 weeks even though I shudnt :p about $75. $150 a month I've been doing that this month and a bit last month but I think after this month ends that will be my last depo, almost indefinately as I was only depositing to buy armour sets that I would use on hunts I like hunting a lot of different mobs so why not get lots of sets and ask the armour advisor which is the most eco out of the bunch :) seems like a gd idea & after I have all the armour sets I can afford I will no longer depo and just live of ME trading to buy the ammo and the loot shud pay for the decay on any tools & gear used while hunting, ME trading shud give me about 364ped per month which is not too shabby :) and hopefully this will continue for a while till i get a big enough loot to feed off ie a global, hoff or the ALL TIME HIGH award. Then I can just splash out and buy a LA and try my luck there lol.

Big dreams, big ambitions and thats the way it shud always be.

So True... dunno about others, but I got my own multimedia branding company and 9 hours will probably get me equal to an ATH here ...in IRL lol ... so I dont worry about playing small ... no point really :)

As for others if they are happy with it and make some peds good on them :)

Keeping to the thread ... ofc I deposit... shitloads .... where do you think the Big hits lately are coming from ... they are definitely not coming to me lol

I've deposited fairly regularly over the years - not much in the way of disposable income so $20-50 per month is average.
I've built up enough stocks of commonly looted stackables that I can afford to wait and auction them in bulk so as not to have to tt them to get ammo.
I've been luckier than usual over the last couple of months, so I still have some PED on my card, as well as a few stacks that are almost big enough to auction, so I should be able to carry on like this for another month or so :)

That's is how I been doing it to $20-$50 a month . But I did deposit $250 this month because I got $1200 back on taxes.

Was regularly depositing $100+ per week and losing it all, now I just don't deposit and hardly ever log in.
EF is better value entertainment and I can "play" EF at work! :naughty:

Reactions: Mac
i think we would all be surprised by the number of non depositors playing the game... and this is why i think you need to take player longevity into account as well.. as i would think the virtual lifespan for non depositors is much lower then depositors as its harder to play off of ingame income. more worktime making peds then funtime spending them ...

been playing almost 4 yrs now myself.. didnt deposit for the first month then have been depositing a couple times a month otherwise, accept for a 6 month period i spent trading to make up some of my losses, and a 8 month period more recently where i lived of a 6k hof. otherwise i average $40 up to sometimes $150 a month.

i have had mixed fealings on that subject tho, im either all for it or all against. i know of many very hard working dedicated non depositors that went through thousands of hours of slave labour sweating and trading for fractions of a cent.and then they get a hof ...they deserved it because imo people depositing isnt the only thing that keeps the game going but the amount of people buying and selling shit keeping demand and supply up.... the more people trading and such is a good thing whether they have put their rl money in or not ... they have worked hard in most cases for the little they do have, and can appreciate it more then us depositors that carelessly burn through hundreds of ped an hour grinding..

and then u have the non depositors that scam people anyway they can just to make a few fractions of a cent ... whether its just way over pricing items their selling or way underpricing items they want all the way up to trust scam's and kill stealing to save a couple ammo shots....

that effort could be better spent elsewhere so if they are getting rich off the bs or better yet MA gives them a uber hof for screwing the community with great dedication then yea that pisses me off :)

alright im done... sorry just smoked a fat J... i tend to ramble when im stoned..

dude awsome pro con to non depo players.

I feel the same way.

I been at it for 7 months. started small. but i kinda enthralled over the market right now. so i started dumping a good deal into certain areas of the market. mostly to spread out money to the people hunting. hopefully long term might yeald some profit but for now. i am just buying away :D

Last edited:
Use to be a non-depositer ;) and withdrew about 50k peds.

Nowdays I deposit about 20-50$ a week.

My advice will be to treat this game as entertainment :) Say if you go to a bar, you will most probably spend the same amount (maybe more) so why not enjoy the money in EU

I deposit randomly so I'll go elsewhere then? ;)

I deposit for fun sometimes and other times to invest in my avatar/progress him :3

Started with first option, ended up with 2nd for a long time :yay:

Back