• Title: Contacts don't activate cursor
  • Date Found: 03/02/2024
Description:
  • Expected: Opening a window activate the cursor
  • Actual: The Contacts windo doesn't activate the cursor
Steps to Reproduce:
  1. Hide the cursor
  2. Open the Contacts by a mapped key
  3. The cursor is not shown, so when moving the mouse to activate a Contact, the avatar moves
Maybe an option "Open Window Activate Cursor" could be added, applicable on all windows.

Bug Report
  • Title: Vehicule bar is hidden
  • Date Found: Long time ago
Description:
  • Expected: The Vehicule bar stores his positionn and opens where it should be
  • Actual: The Vehicule bar always open behind my Radar
Steps to Reproduce:
  1. Have your radar on the right bottom part of the screen
  2. Resize your radar so that you can see the dots
  3. Spawn a vehicule
  4. The vehicule bar is hidden behind the radar, and if you move it, next time it'll reopen hidden

Still only once, you have to click for each swing at the tree

bit shocked that that wasn't tested lol
Why expend funds on testing when the players are so good at it? ,-)

I reported this during the first day after new UI and were other reports too and it's still not fixed...
TBF... if you look at the list of bugs vs what was fixed. It was a fairly small fraction. It could be they are splitting only a small proportion of time from other dutys for this but TBH I'm grateful they are diverting any resource to it. I don't think I've seen them work this quickly to fix any post deployment bugs since the PhysX introduction.

Bug Report
  • Title: Some windows can't be moved
  • Date Found: 03/02/2024
Description:
  • Expected: Dragging a windo moves it
  • Actual: The radar, and the Team windows can't be moved
Steps to Reproduce:
  1. Make or join a team
  2. Adjust the position of the window -> impossible
  3. You need to enter Edit mode, move the window, then leave the Edit mode
IMHO, all windows and Bars should be moveable, not only the Chat
Radar can be moved by going into actions and clicking edit ui. Then you can reposition and resize it.

• Nameplates should now show the Society correctly.

I still can't see it, I have tried changing the graphics settings, screen resolution, resetting the UI but there are no positive changes.
Sometimes it is visible and seconds later it disappears again.

I still can't see it, I have tried changing the graphics settings, screen resolution, resetting the UI but there are no positive changes.
Sometimes it is visible and seconds later it disappears again.
Just a note to MA this isn't universal... I've defo seen them but have to admit haven't checked over time....

When renaming a friend in friends list; it does not auto populate the name. It is blank and you have to manually put in all characters.

After the name is changed; the friend gets relocated in its alphabetical order on list. The friend in focus becomes the next name on the list where the renamed friend was previously.

@Ludvig|MindArk

When renaming a friend in friends list; it does not auto populate the name. It is blank and you have to manually put in all characters.

After the name is changed; the friend gets relocated in its alphabetical order on list. The friend in focus becomes the next name on the list where the renamed friend was previously.

@Ludvig|MindArk

And when chatting in private conversation :
  • The default full name is set in the tab, instead of the renamed name.
  • The tab is small, thus truncateing any name, when there is more room to display it. Maybe use old mechanism : 1 tab chat = 100% of window size, 2 chats 50%, etc instead of the hardcoded small size ? (Please remember that your users want to have an easy practical interface, not a beautiful minimalist one. :))

perhaps not a bug, but why hide the account balance from the dashboard by default?
isn't this the most important stat in an RCE game?

Bug Report

• Title: It lags when you try to repair a mothership/uneven pace
  • Date Found: 03/01/2024

Description:

• Expected: I hold e for 2 secs to initiate auto-use, expect that you should have an even pace when you repair a section on the mothership
  • Actual: You'll experience that you repair some, it lags, you repair some again, it lags, it's not a steady pace.
Steps to Reproduce:

1. Enter a mothership that needs repairing, and walk to the nearest station
  2. Equip a repair tool, and hold e for 2 secs in order to initiate auto-use.
  3. See that it stutters and repairs, and not at a steady pace

Bug Report
Title: Pub Dubliner Monria DSEQ9
Date Found: 03.03.2024
Expected:I expected to drink beer, scream the drunken sailor song at the top of my lungs, and dance riverdance with red-haired beauties.
Actual:I'm stuck to a chair in a pub and can't move except to tap my feet to the song.
Only restarting the game helps.

PS Question closed, I needed to press the F key.

Last edited:
perhaps not a bug, but why hide the account balance from the dashboard by default?
Probably for privacy in sharing screenshots at a guess

A request from the previous round and great that they picked it up. It didn't matter before streaming was a thing but now not everybody wants to show off their money.

You can turn it back on in options.
Probably for privacy in sharing screenshots at a guess

A request from the previous round and great that they picked it up. It didn't matter before streaming was a thing but now not everybody wants to show off their money.

He meant why hide by default ? I agree with him too . If you streaming you have a option to turn off but why disable it for everyone by default.

why not? if you want it, activate it.

why not? if you want it, activate it.
I just registered today and I don't know if it's possible to see my balance in hud ,what should I do?

I just registered today and I don't know if it's possible to see my balance in hud ,what should I do?
live without it? we've lived without it for the longest time before that update :p

turn on in options person who just registered today in 2016

It is only one keystroke to seeing your balance: "i"

The original suggestion would have made it an option to either show or hide it in both places at the same time, otherwise opening inventory on stream defeats the purpose again.

It is only one keystroke to seeing your balance: "i"

The original suggestion would have made it an option to either show or hide it in both places at the same time, otherwise opening inventory on stream defeats the purpose again.
So the option was implemented for streamers - makes sense. Reinforces the point of NOT hiding it by default, streamer population has to be smaller than non streamers I recon even if they are more connected.

Bug Report
  • Title: Images of things do not appear
  • Date Found: 03/03/2024
Description:
  • Expected: In the previous version there was an option to make images of things disappear or appear in view information
  • Actual: Now, if you had the option activated in the previous version, now you cannot deactivate it to see the images in the view information
Screenshots:
Screenshot of view information

Steps to Reproduce:
  1. Right click on the item
  2. Click on view information
  3. If it was disabled before, now there is no option to reactivate the images.

Bug Report
  • Harvesting tool (PH-3) doesn't work with "auto use key" (F) or right mouse button.
Description:
  • Expected: one could use the F-key or right mouse button to auto use the harvesting tool.
  • Actual: Now you have to click the tool every time to get it to make another attempt.
Steps to Reproduce:
  1. Go stand next to a harvest-able tree.
  2. Start the harvester tool by pressing the F-key or right mouse button.
  3. After 1 attempt the tool stops.

Bug Report
  • Title: Timer box for Cyrene Imperium Snow Base is not large enough and doesn't render right
  • Date Found: 03/04/2024
Description:
  • Expected: When in the Imperium Snow Base the timer box should display the time remaining for the instance.
  • Actual: The text is larger than the textbox. Some text is not displayed. What looks like a possible scroll bar is not rendered correctly and does not work. The time remaining is displayed below the textbox background and hard to read. I will recreate the box below:

05:03:56
Steps to Reproduce:
  1. Enter Imperium Snow Base Instance 0, 1/2, 1
  2. Look for the timer box after entering the instance

[This is a repost of: https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...ash-report-thread.298588/page-10#post-3932930 which can no longer be edited]

Have added a screenshot though of what you used to be able to do screenshot wise, but now CANNOT. 10PED to the first one who can reproduce the screenshot today with out using a friend or (cough) 2nd account.

Bug Report
  • Title: Avatar head doesn't retain last position when using rotation camera or photo mode
  • Date Found: After Control UI update ages ago
Description:
  • Expected: For example, when turning avatar's head down and a bit to the right and then rotating the camera to view the avatar from the front, the avatars head will stay pointing in the direction it was pointing before use of the rotation camera.
  • Actual: As soon as the rotation or pose camera is used, avatar's head snaps back to looking ahead and dead straight. Makes it impossible to take the kind of screen shots or views we used to be able to prior to control UI update as avatar can never be viewed from the front looking down, or to the right a bit or, similar.
Steps to Reproduce:
  1. Go to third person mode
  2. move/position avatar for example looking at something up and to the right
  3. use the rotation cam to view the avatar from the front, observe avatar is no longer looking up and to the right but instead has moved head to looking straight ahead and level
Screenshot: "Something just touched my leg!" - impossible to reproduce this today :'(

Bug Report
  • Title: Deposit icon is still yellow
  • Date Found: day one of update
Description:
  • Expected: We were told one of the main reasons for the new UI was uniformity
  • Actual: All icons are white, except for the deposit icon which is a stupid yellowish tint
Steps to Reproduce:
  1. Enter the Universe
  2. Look for the only icon that is of a different color

simple fix, just do it

please

Bug Report
  • Title: Deposit icon is still yellow
  • Date Found: day one of update
Description:
  • Expected: We were told one of the main reasons for the new UI was uniformity
  • Actual: All icons are white, except for the deposit icon which is a stupid yellowish tint
Steps to Reproduce:
  1. Enter the Universe
  2. Look for the only icon that is of a different color

simple fix, just do it

please
This belongs in UI Feedback

Bug Report
  • Title: On Map/Teleport dialog, Lorfat's Prize shows ' character as a box (might be wrong character)
  • Date Found: 4/3/2024
Description:
  • Expected: All TP names to render correctly
  • Actual: The font doesn't seem to support whatever character is used for a ' in this TP name and draws a square instead
Steps to Reproduce:
  1. Open map or TP dialog
  2. scroll to Lorfat's Prize
  3. Observe name render weirdness
Screenshot: http://fluffy.spacetechnology.net:5000/pe/bug/lorfat_render_error.jpg

Last edited:
Back