UI Release: Feedback Thread Part 2

Ludvig|MindArk

MindArk Official
Staff member
Admin
MindArk Official
Formerly "Foeburner Nighthawk Delta"
This thread is for providing any UI-related feedback after the release and the February 27th patch.

IF YOU HAVE ALREADY PROVIDED FEEDBACK IN THE PREVIOUS THREAD, THERE IS NO NEED TO REPEAT IT HERE. ALL FEEDBACK IN THE PREVIOUS THREAD HAS BEEN READ, COMPILED AND FORWARDED.

To report bugs and crashes, please go to:

Please use the template below to provide any feedback you have regarding the UI release. All information in this thread will be compiled and forwarded to the UI team, so please make sure to provide detailed suggestions explaining what your suggestion is and (if applicable) the reason for it.

Thank you for your assistance!

Previous thread:

List of pre-patch hotfixes:

Patch release notes:

Last edited:
Feedback
  • Title: [Short description]
Description:
  • Current: [Describe which existing function or system you wish to see changed, if relevant.]
  • Suggested: [Describe your suggested change.]
  • Reason: [Describe why you want this change.]
Screenshots: [Attach any relevant screenshots.]

Feedback
  • Title: Search in Inventory and Storage that filters and highlights item
Description:
  • Current: When searching for item, non-matching items are highlighted by putting dark layer with opacity on top of them.
  • Suggested:
    • 1. Avoid higlighting non-matching items
    • 2. Emphasize matching item by using colored border or background
  • Reason: This is an antipattern, effectivelly highlighting everything that does not match searched query is a brain-fuckery

Feedback
  • Title: Action Bar page access
Description:
  • Current: To access items on PAge 2 and 3 of Action Bar, you HAVE TO change page of AB
  • Suggested: Allow us to directly create key bind for items on pages 2 and 3
  • Reason: improves quality of life

Feedback
  • Title: Hidden Action Bars
Description:
  • Current: It is possible to show AB, assign items/actions to it and then hide AB from screen. However You cannot use anything that is mapped there.
  • Suggested: Allow us to use hidden Action Bars if they are mapped. Maybe requires extra option (example 'Use Hidden Action Bars' mappings')
  • Reason: Huge quality of life, enebling us to have our HUD as clean as in old UI

Feedback
  • Title: Options > Interface
    • Added toggle for “Show name in Dashboard”
    • Added toggle for “Show Account Balance in Dashboard”
    • Added slider for Chat background opacity
    • Added slider for Radar background opacit
Description:
  • Current: Great job on those!
  • Suggested: Keep it up! Optionality is very important to please as many of us as possible.
  • Reason: It's important to let you know when you do good job!

Good work!
Many bugs fixed in this patch.

Tagging/First contact is fixed!
Radar improvement!
PED Balance is removed from mainscreen!

Feedback
Description:
  • Current: It is possible to show AB, assign items/actions to it and then hide AB from screen. However You cannot use anything that is mapped there.
  • Suggested: Allow us to use hidden Action Bars if they are mapped. Maybe requires extra option (example 'Use Hidden Action Bars' mappings')
  • Reason: Huge quality of life, enebling us to have our HUD as clean as in old UI

Since this seems to be a very popular request, the UI team is looking into it! May see it added in a future patch/update.

Good work!
Many bugs fixed in this patch.

I'll pass it on to the UI team!

PED Balance is removed from mainscreen!

Yes, though you can toggle it back on if you prefer. Same with name display. Both are under Options > Interface

Since this seems to be a very popular request, the UI team is looking into it! May see it added in a future patch/update.

I'll pass it on to the UI team!

Yes, though you can toggle it back on if you prefer. Same with name display. Both are under Options > Interface
Please add ability to add more action bars and hide unused slots. This would give almost the same flexibility we had previously while allowing the player to have most of their usable icons and items on their action bar.
It's an extra unnecessary step to use that arrow to switch page when we want to have everything we need at our fingertips. I can see myself using stuff like emotes in second pages, otherwise everything else pretty much that I use I want to be able to have it visible on my screen.

Great job with the fixes!

I hope some improvement has been made to readability on color/text for other UI.

Last edited:
This thread is for providing any UI-related feedback after the release and the February 27th patch.

What will hapen of feedbacks registered in the previous thread and not implemented yet, do we have to enter them here again ?

Feedback
  • Title: Action Bar icons non responsive to left mouse click
Description:
  • Current: If you want to use Action/Item that is on Action Bar, left clicking does nothing, you have to righ click and choose 'Equip Item'
  • Suggested: Allow left clicking Action/Item on Action Bar to equip and use it
  • Reason: QoL, intuitive

What will hapen of feedbacks registered in the previous thread and not implemented yet, do we have to enter them here again ?

No. As my final comment there mentions, all feedback in the old thread has been read and compiled already. This thread is for any further feedback on the release, any feedback arising from the hotfixes and patches, or if you simply want to show your support for some previous feedback.

I'll add a short message about that to the OP.

Feedback
  • Title: Condition of in-hand weapon/tool
Description:
  • Current: There's currently none
  • Suggested:
    • Display percentage (in example format of 100.0000%) of the in-hand weapon/tool condition
    • If "Show Account Balance in Dashboard" is unselected, then show the "Weapon/Tool Condition" instead
  • Reason: Unused space when Account balance is hidden, and would love to see the condition of the weapon/tool on screen
Screenshots:

Feedback
  • Title: Micro freeze every 1/2 min
Description:
  • Current: Same freeze on 2 differents computers at 2 differents places (at home and at work, both 4070ti, 32g, 13600kf and updated drivers)
  • Suggested: ???
  • Reason: ???

Ty MGF !

Reactions: MGF
Feedback
  • Title: Search function 👍
Description:
  • Comment: The search function is a very welcome addition, thank you!
  • Suggested: It doesn't extend to storage containers though, which is counterintuitive. Although only some container types can hold so many items that being able to search within them gives an advantage, very awesome would be if one could find items inside nested containers including equipped attachments, and at each level highlight the respective container or item showing what to open next until the destination is reached. I often find myself needing the web inventory to locate something this way. It is understood that priority for this will be low while there are more urgent tasks.

Feedback
  • Title: Add a tool-tip to empty Action bar slots.
Description:
  • Current: No tool-tip exists for an empty slot. (the attached image is by example only)
  • Suggested: Add a tool-tip (Press "L" to edit icons, then drag and drop an item to a slot.)
    • ~note: where "L" equals the original binding key, get the binding key set from the "Edit Icons" action.
  • Reason: To easily direct how to add an item to an icon.
Screenshots:

Last edited:
Help: - UI Release: Feedback Thread | PlanetCalypsoForum
Feedback
  • Title: Radar Opacity for Coordinates Field
Description:
  • Current: MA added a transparency Slider that changes opacity in the radar circle
  • Suggested: Allow all of the Radar "Square" window background to become opaque. can go from full transparent to full opaque with the same slider
  • Reason: Coordinate reading for Mining Tracking, Little Big Mining Log

Help: - UI Release: Feedback Thread | PlanetCalypsoForum
Feedback
  • Title: Radar Opacity for Coordinates Field
Description:
  • Current: MA added a transparency Slider that changes opacity in the radar circle
  • Suggested: Allow all of the Radar "Square" window background to become opaque. can go from full transparent to full opaque with the same slider
  • Reason: Coordinate reading for Mining Tracking, Little Big Mining Log
I would argue that current opacity for only inner radar circle is great.
Instead adding opacity for whole radar UI, second option for coordinates area would be preferred.

Feedback

• Title: Unable to log out with chat screen dragged from main chat window
Description:

• Current: If a chat window has been dragged from main chat, escape does not work
  • Suggested: Allow to log out with extra chat window open
  • Reason: To log out when needed

Feedback
Description:
For interest I previously posted this one as a bug (in the previous bug thread) since the wording in options is "hidden" not "disabled" and hidden does not imply disabled.

Wistrel

PS Not an invitation for MA to change the text to fit the functionality BTW ,-) Please change the functionality to fit the text!

Reactions: San
Feedback

• Title: Unable to log out with chat screen dragged from main chat window
Description:

• Current: If a chat window has been dragged from main chat, escape does not work
  • Suggested: Allow to log out with extra chat window open
  • Reason: To log out when needed
I've notice this also, although it's a little different for me.

For me it's...
  1. Clicking on an action icon (even an empty one) will stop me from pressing the Escape key.
  2. But if I click on the top part (Tabs) of the chat window, I can then press the Escape key to get the "Main Menu" to show.
This is all while having additional chat windows open outside the main chat window.

Seems the reason for this is the items use the Escape key for quitting the Auto-Use tool, and doesn't seem to lose focus thereafter.

Alternatively "F12" is set as the default binding key for "Exit Entropia Universe".

Last edited:
I've notice this also, although it's a little different for me.

For me it's...
  1. Clicking on an action icon (even an empty one) will stop me from pressing the Escape key.
  2. But if I click on the top part (Tabs) of the chat window, I can then press the Escape key to get the "Main Menu" to show.
This is all while having additional chat windows open outside the main chat window.

Odd, i have had happen few times and this last time minimising extra chat back into main chat fixed.

I have had couple of times where unequiping tool or weapon etc allowed me to press escape.

Very odd bug

Odd, i have had happen few times and this last time minimising extra chat back into main chat fixed.

I have had couple of times where unequiping tool or weapon etc allowed me to press escape.

Very odd bug
Tested and confirmed...

Changing the "Main Menu" binding key from Esc to F7 (or other) gives you "Main Menu" whenever you like.

Feedback
  • Title: Allow more mission tracking
Description:
  • Current: currently max 3 missions tracked
  • Suggested: allow at least 5 missions tracked
  • Reason: this is what we had before and 3 is not enough

Feedback
  • Title: Allow more mission tracking
Description:
  • Current: currently max 3 missions tracked
  • Suggested: allow at least 5 missions tracked
  • Reason: this is what we had before and 3 is not enough
Kind of agree with this, although your already able to track (3x Mission Log + 3x Codex) a total of 6, but It would be nice to allow the maximum of 6 to be from a combination of both (Mission Log + Codex), so if your tracking 5x Mission Logs, only 1 from Codex can be additionally tracked, vice-versa.

Feedback
  • Title: Map and Contact Icons missing from Main Menu Bar.
Description:
  • Current: Map and Contact Icons missing from Main Menu Bar.
  • Suggested: Add Map and Contact Icons on Main Menu Bar.
  • Reason: adding these icons to the Main Menu Bar will increase accessibility for new users and restore access as it was in the old UI.
Screenshots:
This Screenshot shows both the Old UI and the New UI and the missing Icons on the New UI.
LTJFclH.png

Back