Un-answered questions in Entropia

unionova

Dominant
Unionova
I got to thinking about Biffoids today. And it got me wondering... What are the biggest un-answered questions, and more importantly - what's the answer to mine?

Questions:

1. Why did Biffoids have their name changed?
(I probably just missed the memo on this one)

2. Whatever happened to the promised tradable claim deeds?
("You cannot trade mining Claim deeds at the moment. This will be fixed shortly." 2005-09-22)

3. How much PEDs have really been lost due to drunken logins when you come stumbling home in the middle of the night, feeling on top of the world?
("I don't think anyone's in PvP4 now.", "AAHH The Turp corpse is following me! I shoot it! I shoot it again! It's deader, I shoot it again!", "I could really use a 492.32 ped tt chip of Despense Decoy")

These are probably some of the least-answered questions, though I am curious about #2

1. Will the Egg ever hatch
2. Did space pirates really exist
:yay:

I wild guess on the number one, it could be that F, Feffoid comes from "father" and M=Maffoid comes from "mother", so they thought that was more fun than "Biffoid" for the women "foid".

why does MA allow multiple avatars?

2009-01-29 00:09 Entropia Universe Support:

Hi,

No, you are not allowed to have more than one active avatar/account.

Kind regards,
Entropia Universe Support
Why does MA|FPC allow so many people to have multiple avatar/accounts when the official stance is that you are only allowed one? Bankers have multiple avatars it appears... as seen by the names on the estate terminal at Neverdie Bank, just feet from where new avatars join the game!?!?...

Certain avatars openly admit they have/had multiple accounts... https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/.../192298-shoti-real-bad-guy-7.html#post2489491

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...n/30175-eula-multiple-avatars.html#post342307

and there's various other threads out there on this topic with many more examples that I don't have time to dig for in search at the moment...

Certain avatars with a number of various avatars even went so far as to start multiple societies, letting each of them grow like crazy over time, using the multiple avatars to lead each one, eventually going back to using one avatar, and then MA left the founding avatar listed in the society terminal that any avatar is free to read as one of those multiples even though the person behind the avatars was using multiple accounts at the time... and might not be now... leaving the society terminal as proof that people sometimes have/had multiple avatar/accounts

To me this sort of junk just tells everyone in the community that multiple avatars is officially not supported, but that if you do it they will turn the other way, and might even treat you special for doing this since so many of the examples mentioned above and listed in various threads on the subject indicate that many of those with multiple avatars are ubers, etc. It's setting a bad example for the entire community, so why does MA|FPC let it continue in the banks, society terminals, and elsewhere? Why do the planet partners allow this sort of thing since it'll eventually just lead to multiple avatars on their planets so people avoid the travel costs?

Why does FPC, who claims that stabilizing the RCE on Calypso is part of their job, not take a harsher stance since this sort of junk just hurts the RCE in a variety of ways?

Why should someone silly enough to buy a bank in game be allowed to have multiple avatars to avoid travel costs when no one else can for any estate they own? Why is there rule bending for some but not others? More importantly, why isn't more being done to uphold the official stance, or even announce what the official stance is since it appears that as things are now, the rules are interpreted differently by different people both inside and outside of the company?!?...

Last edited:
wHY is my biggest loot ever 1200 peds while I have played for over 6 years and deposited like a really big heap of cash?

These are probably some of the least-answered questions, though I am curious about #2
*nods*
I even remembered having a conversation at the time @ Entropia Pioneers forum, where someone was complaining about them releasing the VU when it wasn't done (without this feature), while I was all like "oh calm down, better they release it now and add the missing features when it's done instead of having the whole thing post-poned, it wont be long". Been a while now ;)

Why does MA|FPC allow so many people to have multiple avatar/accounts when the official stance is that you are only allowed one?

Maybe they recognize that their system has certain shortcomings at the moment, so they're allowing the general 1 avatar per person rule bypass-able with special arrangements and agreements? Or maybe it's like forum premium memberships :silly2: And if you order now (I said now!) we'll boost your friendlist with 50%!

wHY is my biggest loot ever 1200 peds while I have played for over 6 years and deposited like a really big heap of cash?

:grouphug:
does the universe hates you?

Coz ya doin somethin wrong....

Next question....

Why does MA not want me to become i high level player?

1. The Biffoids were constantly being asked about their sexuality. They deemed it was nobodies business, and changed their name to end the endless harangues, harrassment, and requests for dates.

2. "Shortly" has been updated to "Real Soon Now"

3. Ahhh, the peds!

I got to thinking about Biffoids today. And it got me wondering... What are the biggest un-answered questions, and more importantly - what's the answer to mine?

Questions:

1. Why did Biffoids have their name changed?
(I probably just missed the memo on this one)

2. Whatever happened to the promised tradable claim deeds?
("You cannot trade mining Claim deeds at the moment. This will be fixed shortly." 2005-09-22)

3. How much PEDs have really been lost due to drunken logins when you come stumbling home in the middle of the night, feeling on top of the world?
("I don't think anyone's in PvP4 now.", "AAHH The Turp corpse is following me! I shoot it! I shoot it again! It's deader, I shoot it again!", "I could really use a 492.32 ped tt chip of Despense Decoy")

Why does MA|FPC allow so many people to have multiple avatar/accounts when the official stance is that you are only allowed one? Bankers have multiple avatars it appears... as seen by the names on the estate terminal at Neverdie Bank, just feet from where new avatars join the game!?!?...

Certain avatars openly admit they have/had multiple accounts... https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/.../192298-shoti-real-bad-guy-7.html#post2489491

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...n/30175-eula-multiple-avatars.html#post342307

and there's various other threads out there on this topic with many more examples that I don't have time to dig for in search at the moment...

Certain avatars with a number of various avatars even went so far as to start multiple societies, letting each of them grow like crazy over time, using the multiple avatars to lead each one, eventually going back to using one avatar, and then MA left the founding avatar listed in the society terminal that any avatar is free to read as one of those multiples even though the person behind the avatars was using multiple accounts at the time... and might not be now... leaving the society terminal as proof that people sometimes have/had multiple avatar/accounts

To me this sort of junk just tells everyone in the community that multiple avatars is officially not supported, but that if you do it they will turn the other way, and might even treat you special for doing this since so many of the examples mentioned above and listed in various threads on the subject indicate that many of those with multiple avatars are ubers, etc. It's setting a bad example for the entire community, so why does MA|FPC let it continue in the banks, society terminals, and elsewhere? Why do the planet partners allow this sort of thing since it'll eventually just lead to multiple avatars on their planets so people avoid the travel costs?

Why does FPC, who claims that stabilizing the RCE on Calypso is part of their job, not take a harsher stance since this sort of junk just hurts the RCE in a variety of ways?

Why should someone silly enough to buy a bank in game be allowed to have multiple avatars to avoid travel costs when no one else can for any estate they own? Why is there rule bending for some but not others? More importantly, why isn't more being done to uphold the official stance, or even announce what the official stance is since it appears that as things are now, the rules are interpreted differently by different people both inside and outside of the company?!?...

People with money will always have benefit and stand outside the rules because money is what most people want and everything is controled by it.
the majority of people with multiple avatars have an impact in this game or have made an impact.

Thats the disgusting truth ive learned

Who is Lady Kraster and when will the rest of her armor appear? And what about Mister Kraster?

If all avatars are created equal, why isn't armor balanced properly so to be of equal market value for male and female versions?

MrBungle|MinDark said:
The excact amount of PEDs lost due to drunken logins is 5,436,576,576.821

That quote is few hours old so it's prolly at least 3 peds bigger by now :scratch2:

I wild guess on the number one, it could be that F, Feffoid comes from "father" and M=Maffoid comes from "mother", so they thought that was more fun than "Biffoid" for the women "foid".

I like this explanation even if it's true or not :p

With #2 maybe they forgot about it (doesn't seem like rocket science to make that tradeable) :scratch2:

2. Did space pirates really exist

Well space pirates was a thing made up by NeverDie, and he still says that they WILL come with one of his planets... :dunno:

Couldnt it be M for Male and F for Female then? ;)

Bankers have an extra avatar to care for the bank with, as this was part of what they bought when they bought the bank (MA said even before selling the banks that the bankowners would be allowed an extra avatar for the bank, right?)

Cornundacauda young.

(Entropedia lists that it exists)

North of Port Atlantis, killed a dozen today ;)

That must be where all those 100k+ ath's come from. :D

My first thought on the Biffoid is that they changed it to get rid of the "Bi" prefix thus eliminating an controversy over issues of sexuality. But if so it pales in comparison to feeling a need to not allow nude avatars anymore, clothe umbranoids, endow borrum and then castrate them altogether. Talk about a sexual identity crisis!

Does Marco still roll in chocolate? (old Entropia Pioneers reference)

Who in their right mind would ever NOT roll around in chocolate? :scratch2:
And yes, space pirate implementation asap, provided they all look like Johnny Depp. And all rolls around in chocolate. ö_ö Pleasure Overload.

Im thinking this would make more sense in my head if:
1) Feffoids had been renamed Paffoids (as in Ma & Pa).
2) Maffoids weren't still such handsome devils (they're no Biffs though...)! They just don't strike me as very feminine, nor maternal to be honest.

PEDs lost to drunken log-ins.... hmmm...
Oh Crap i'm an idiot, *Hic*

Cornundacauda young.

(Entropedia lists that it exists)

It does. There is spawn just outside of Port Atlantis these days mixed with Daikiba and Sabakuma and about 1 mature per 10 youngs.

It does. There is spawn just outside of Port Atlantis these days mixed with Daikiba and Sabakuma and about 1 mature per 10 youngs.

Thanks, Nighthawk also told me that it is true. Good to hear the missing maturity was fixed. :thumbup:

since no one asked this yet Dude.... Where is My Car???

Reply from MA Support
2010-07-04 00:15 Entropia Universe Support:

Hi,

After looking at our records. It appears as though your car was eaten by an Atrox Stalker. Please check your nearest storage terminal for its remains. If its not there then you need to find the Atrox that ate it. Kicking that Atrox in the balls will make it cough up your car. (Please note that you will have to wait until we introduce kicking in the future)

Kind regards,
Entropia Universe Support

HAHAHAA Just for laughs

2006-08-16 09:53 - You wrote:

Hi,

A post on EF raised an intersting question. Why was the name of the Biffoid changed to Maffoid? Is there some background to this name change, like the story behind the biffoid/maffoid? I along with others would be very happy to know the answere to this question.

Thanks

2006-08-23 07:50 - Entropia Universe Support:

Hi,
There are still Biffoids around...

Regards,
Entropia Support

Some things will never be known....

Why is my biggest loot 2100 ped and I deposited like an even bigger heap of cash:confused:

biggest mining claim 900 peds
biggest hunting hof 700

played for +5 years, deposit wait too much

Hi,
There are still Biffoids around...

:eek:

There was Biffs I didnt know about? Not cool.

I wonder if that reply still applies :)

Back