Info: Unreal Engine 5 Devblog

We are now entering a period of new complexity of various game offerings.
Success or more importantly, failure, may end up being from just one hard-wired 'tiny detail' that makes enough people stop playing in favour of something different.
It could be only being allowed one avatar where you choose from many preset skill directions at the start and are then stuck at a disadvantage compared to others and have to choose whether or not to abandon the character and restart (cutting your losses) or not play at all any more (also cutting your losses).
It could be that you rage quit when a promised reward for many hours of hard works turns out to be pitiful - and this happens to enough players.
It might be that forced lootable pvp creates a massive imbalance and a thriving game never even really gets started.

The signature by xodus4000 above reminds me of the messing up (reflection) of the ads in this current vu. Now imagine an entirely new game engine being used by the devs, plus other dynamics and missions and societies, interaction and content etc. EEK!

As an aside to RL, grats to the side team at that red quad horsy company that won a major sporting event. Shows what a different team can manage sometimes...

Last edited:
I would be interested in seeing some evidence how all the planet partners are coming along with this big change. I mean, they must spend the same kind of effort, each and everyone, to be ready for the transition in time. And we know that their development capacities vary widely. But there is remarkable silence about it.

I can understand the silence there, to be honest, unlike other silences. It's not only about the minimum work required, but the development of content to suit whatever new features we get, including the possibility that the platform stays rather 'uncertain' on that front for absolutely everybody.
I would even be understanding if new more complex systems are tested on Caly first. It might even be a PP wish to have it done that way for this upheaval. Who knows?

Hope to see more updates on IG after vacation.
I hope we can see some actual in-engine screenshots and some short videos showing off what's been acheived. I don't think that's too much to ask given UE5s capabilities and the number of years since announcement.

I would be interested in seeing some evidence how all the planet partners are coming along with this big change. I mean, they must spend the same kind of effort, each and everyone, to be ready for the transition in time. And we know that their development capacities vary widely. But there is remarkable silence about it.
The power of NDA.

The power of NDA.
I don't care. I'm not asking to see eyecandy before its time. I'm asking this question because, as said, of the vastly different development capacities or our PPs. Some seem to need support by volunteers already, if I understand correctly, or for various reasons can't be assumed to be able to draw from unlimited resources. I reckon with an undertaking like this, there is a real chance that some may not be ready or might have to reduce their content at first. This would have an impact on anyone invested there, and therefore at least some kind of metric of their progress is in order imo.

When entropia goes over to gamestop, at what planet does the new players start at? Before players began depending oin where you downloaded the game from. What will it be for all the players signing up from gamestop?

Stick them in a space station between planet like Erebos and tell them space craft exploded, pirates are out hunting you must find a way or perish

"We’ll release a devblog regularly so you can travel with us on our Odyssey to a new and exciting Entropia Universe! "

Regularly once a year? Or a decade? 🙂
Each and every communication effort has started with sounding hopeful and fizzled out again. There is absolute regularity in that. I suspect the equally regular negativity of the plebs has something to do with it.

Personally i have full faith that Unreal engine will come soon, and not be a repeat of the CE2 car crash when that update came (no mindforce, taming etc etc.).

I am full of confidence, for a seamless transition.

Last edited:
The thought the balancing manager was sally a cat, did a search it turns out sally is indeed a dog !

Anyway whilst searching for that came across this:

About 5 months old, I've not come across it before I think. You can see someone working away on presumably unreal engine update and hence a sneak peak at what they are upto ! :)

The thought the balancing manager was sally a cat, did a search it turns out sally is indeed a dog !

Anyway whilst searching for that came across this:

About 5 months old, I've not come across it before I think. You can see someone working away on presumably unreal engine update and hence a sneak peak at what they are upto ! :)
And there it is right there. The question before last, about being a start up. The company is on the market for 20 years now, but they still behave like a freaking start up. What MA should do is actually grow up. In tech/innovation world if you didn't IPO in 20 years, something is very wrong with you.
Grow uo, MA, please grow up. Otherwise, 👇

"We’ll release a devblog regularly so you can travel with us on our Odyssey to a new and exciting Entropia Universe! "

Regularly once a year? Or a decade? 🙂
We need to bring back Entropia Exposed XD

Each and every communication effort has started with sounding hopeful and fizzled out again. There is absolute regularity in that. I suspect the equally regular negativity of the plebs has something to do with it.
Something gags each and every community manager but not sure what...

Being a communications manager who is muzzled and handcuffed by the CEO whenever a legitimate question comes from the community must be a depressing job.

Being a communications manager who is muzzled and handcuffed by the CEO whenever a legitimate question comes from the community must be a depressing job.
It's a bit like the MA equivalent of Defence Against the Dark Arts Teacher... they never last very long....

Suddenly knowing too much, maybe... How this should be liable for ceasing to entertain the crowd with development updates though, I don't know. The underlying mechanisms were not supposed to change, or are they?

Suddenly knowing too much, maybe... How this should be liable for ceasing to entertain the crowd with development updates though, I don't know. The underlying mechanisms were not supposed to change, or are they?
Strong point.

I really would just have them say " hey guys we are sorry but we decided no further news moving further" but this is what MA has done since the beginning. So it's shame on us we hoped for a lil more lol. At this point I'm not "investing" any further into EU though.

Back