Info: Unreal Engine 5 Devblog

The odyssey took ten years if I recall correctly but there was a mention of Calypso detaining Odysseus for seven years.

Patience...
Username checks out. If a company says they are going to do something, like communicate with us the progress of UE5 with photos/ videos/blogposts

THEN FUCKING DO IT

Username checks out. If a company says they are going to do something, like communicate with us the progress of UE5 with photos/ videos/blogposts

THEN FUCKING DO IT
I hear you. I have felt the same.

But that doesnt mean I am blind to reason. Development takes time and often is not according to plan. The first iteration is not always something you want published. It could get scrapped and something better be introduced instead.

It was like less than a week ago that we had a "soft confirmation" that work is still being done, it was through that analysis report in another thread. Personally, I would rather MA took their time to do the shift to the unreal engine as well as they possibly can even if it takes a bit longer. The smoother the transition, the better. Speed is of less concern if all we get is a bugfest.

Dont get me wrong, I would love to see some new Unreal stuff too but in my opinion it can wait until MA are confident with what they have.

When the engine develops blindingly fast compared to the overall platform's blindingly slow it's like the first space pioneers on their 50 year journey to Alpha Centauri being overtaken in the final stages by a new-tech ship launched the week before that has an ftl drive.
I reckon most of the development should be down to authorisation of various events, whether mob interaction, mining etc based on locations and relevant spawns, plus the results of that interaction, whether it be death, loot, mining finds etc. The environment can then take care of the graphical interactions from vehicles, other characters etc.
As the saying goes: location, location, location. That should be the key to the stuff we actually DO within EU in the future. That way we can also have vast worlds when so much depends on finding the right places at the right times, and maybe getting those elusive 'authorisations' for exchanges with the loot server... :)
That way, new up-to-date content could be added way way faster when UE5.x allows for it, such as the new faster terrain importing etc.

in any case, the development you make us pay a high price, play this game and ultimately become a well of dollars... borderline shameful...

Are we going to get the creature blogpost anytime soon?
is the person who was going to write the creature blog post even still with the company?

I just heard a game that has been worked on for 25 years is soon to be released. So if MA did 1 blog post per year for the same time line that would be 25 blog posts and is maybe considered too much effort ;)

I always wonder why EU player attack each other when there is a disagreement. Health debate and chat is good. You don't have to attack someone because they have. Differenting opinion and I don't know the guy.

@Simpleton I get what you're saying but some info would be nice. Like. Sorry we can't express anything ATM due to something cool coming along. Or some kind of feed back. Maybe they are worried if they push it back players won't depo n.e more but I'd love to know a small amount of Info

Ok, lets see, if MA were to give regular messages like so:
August
Sorry we can't express anything ATM
September
October

I think some will start complaining and requesting MA to stop spamming the forums until they have something to say. Probably better to keep the forum "clean" and just post when there is something to post. But yea, you may be talking about MA just being a bit more communicative with us, which I agree is a good thing because it would make it appear as if someone is at MA office.

Something gags each and every community manager but not sure what...
I just figure not much is expected of them and they do the bare minimum or aren't a full-time job. I seem to check the forum and post 2-3x as often as any manager has, not to say I"ve had really meaningful content - I am at least participating on a regular basis.

August

September

October

I think some will start complaining and requesting MA to stop spamming the forums until they have something to say. Probably better to keep the forum "clean" and just post when there is something to post. But yea, you may be talking about MA just being a bit more communicative with us, which I agree is a good thing because it would make it appear as if someone is at MA office.
My dude, I don't think you know what the definition of spamming is. And I'm keeping to the actual conversation bc I don't want it to die. Your statement makes no sense. Lol

My dude, I don't think you know what the definition of spamming is. And I'm keeping to the actual conversation bc I don't want it to die. Your statement makes no sense. Lol
I was simply pointing out that if MA is going to come on the forums all the time to say that they have nothing to say then in the future it may have the effect of being unwanted noise when we are browsing the forums and mostly seeing such useless official messages. Spam = stupid, pointless, annoying messages and an official message saying that there is nothing to say is indeed pointless and fits quite well within the definition, I think.

On point: MA, when can we expect an update from you on the odyssey project? Whether a blog post or something else? I and many others are eager to hear from you.

I always wonder why EU player attack each other when there is a disagreement. Health debate and chat is good. You don't have to attack someone because they have. Differenting opinion and I don't know the guy.

@Simpleton I get what you're saying but some info would be nice. Like. Sorry we can't express anything ATM due to something cool coming along. Or some kind of feed back. Maybe they are worried if they push it back players won't depo n.e more but I'd love to know a small amount of Info
Some people are in love with their captors and others are not. Clashes therefore happen. <shrug>

August

September

October

TBF this is actually what they DO do. Every so often they do something that sounds like a new effort at openness but it became a joke. They always so cagey it just isn't worth it. Not saying they should respond to "wah my loot so bad" but even good well rounded questions often get unsatisfactory answers for no apparent or explained reason.

Fundamentally the thing that needs to change is their own policies on information reveal. They need to drop the paranoia and live a little. Drink some Dr Pepper and ask "what's the worse that could happen?". Experiment a bit try sharing and see if it really hurts them as much as they worry it might...

ah well, we can dream

Wist

I'm going to go a bit off topic, but look at the h o f table under construction today.. and deduce from it what you want...

I'm going to go a bit off topic, but look at the h o f table under construction today.. and deduce from it what you want...

Which hof are we supposed to be looking at? Note the table changes so best to mention something to identify it e.g. the hof value. Also anyone looking at this tomorrow or even earlier may not see the hof you are talking about as a hof for a day will only stay there for 24 hours.

Also what did you deduce from it? not everyone will be deducing the same thing as you maybe?

Why?

Someone lost their ass and got some back

Why everyone so worked up about getting a HOF? Can’t wait till they remove it in UE5

Why everyone so worked up about getting a HOF?
Because there are still a lot out there who think that getting a global/HOF/ATH automatically makes them winners. It's a highlight, yes, but for the most part not the point in time where they recovered their losses.

For the vast majority of wanna-be-ubers this is valid: Only HOFs and ATHs sponsored by MindArk get you on top of the losses.

For everything else you have to read a lot, play a lot, skill up a lot, have the proper equipment, ... Just find something that works for you.

This is the short version, for everything else read the forum :)

Can’t wait till they remove it in UE5
I highly doubt that the HOF-table will disappear with UE5. For MindArk it's a marketing tool to lure us into playing more and believing to be a winner one day. There is a reason why we can't turn off the global notification, we can only set the threshold.

Now that Mindark is a publicly traded company, it will be interesting to see how their communication skills affect share prices.

When space was pre-release MA were offering trips to unfinished space to have a look-see at progress. you needed a good computer to be able to go up but they were well willing to show it off to anyone who wouldn't crash the minute they hit space. Mind u that was back in the day when sara witchspade connor was ceo - I hope they show willing to show off the alleged Moon as soon as they can and like everyone else I'm hoping sooner rather than later!

Yeh I had a feeling I remembered something like that. I can't remember if I went up myself or if I watched a video. Got a feeling there was something like you needed to be running the 64bit client or something?

Dig around and you'll find, concept art showing art direction, level design and environment art

6mY52pi.png

Etc3DsP.png

HBlDGrN.png

It seems that Unreal 5 games get VR compliance automatically, so am I wrong to assume that when Unreal 5 is in place we can buy VR headsets and use for Entropia?

Related video discussing this:

If so, the value of Unreal tokens and the whole upgrade to UE5 went up for me. I thought it would be easier to do, but given this video discussion it seems to be ready out of the box?

It seems that Unreal 5 games get VR compliance automatically, so am I wrong to assume that when Unreal 5 is in place we can buy VR headsets and use for Entropia?

If so, the value of Unreal tokens and the whole upgrade to UE5 went up for me. I thought it would be easier to do, but given this video discussion it seems to be ready out of the box?
Not watched the video but I imagine it says something like "sure you can turn it on and you get stereoscopic video and correct/independent movement" but that probably doesn't mean that the Screen based UI will be any good for VR. Likely, without work:

- icons will be too small to read or in the wrong/bad place
- mouse or keyboard will be needed
- controller support may be incorrectly or not mapped.

i.e. suspect there is no such thing as true out of the box VR, only basic support where the designers will always need to customise the UI to ensure a decent VR experience.

Oh dear. Rubberbanding vehicles and falling through shop floors will reach entirely new levels of immersion. <:((

Honestly though, that's promising! EU and VR should go hand in hand. :)

VR "seems" like it would be fun but in reality it's not for extended periods

if you have done VR seriously you also know a large segment of the population are made dizzy by it, even in relatively tame gameplay

VR seems like it should be awesome but they still need to fix some big problems

Back