Info: Unreal Engine 5 Devblog

Just popping in to ask, what happened to this ... ?

In about a year we aim to have a fully playable part of the world with close-to-final visuals, core functionality and mechanics — enabling us to lay the foundations for future systems and gather your valuable feedback.
We’ll release a devblog regularly so you can travel with us on our Odyssey to a new and exciting Entropia Universe!

A year is closing in fast, what happened to subsequent dev blog updates :) ?????
didnt you learned by now that MA has different time measures, they are living near a black hole and time is affected. Relativity

Just popping in to ask, what happened to this ... ?

In about a year we aim to have a fully playable part of the world with close-to-final visuals, core functionality and mechanics — enabling us to lay the foundations for future systems and gather your valuable feedback.
We’ll release a devblog regularly so you can travel with us on our Odyssey to a new and exciting Entropia Universe!

A year is closing in fast, what happened to subsequent dev blog updates :) ?????
Nevergonnahappendotcom

Yeah @My|MindArk any updates on these dev blogs. I was hoping for something as well. I know you guys have to be careful so as to not promise stuff and back lash. Especially with this toxic community but heck it been quiet with the rare unreal concept arts. Which I am thankful for. Can we get some aye or nay for some dev discussion plz ??

Yeah @My|MindArk any updates on these dev blogs. I was hoping for something as well. I know you guys have to be careful so as to not promise stuff and back lash. Especially with this toxic community but heck it been quiet with the rare unreal concept arts. Which I am thankful for. Can we get some aye or nay for some dev discussion plz ??
7 days since your post...they still haven't replied. Tells you quite a story about what a kabuki theater MA is.

7 days since your post...they still haven't replied. Tells you quite a story about what a kabuki theater MA is.
I mean if I had to deal with an abusive community I'd keep quiet. But then again we got here because of past actions. I would just like some info as to why they are not doing what they said they would. Just say sorry due to reasons we can't discus we won't be having that dev log. But then again that would open up to more abusive behavior.

I mean if I had to deal with an abusive community I'd keep quiet. But then again we got here because of past actions. I would just like some info as to why they are not doing what they said they would. Just say sorry due to reasons we can't discus we won't be having that dev log. But then again that would open up to more abusive behavior.
I agree. But...that's the nature of business when money is involved. You are offering a platform where players - albeit voluntarily - pay for playing. These players don't feel they get value for money and yet still love the initial (from the year 2003) idea and stick around to 1: make more money; 2: see what happens next. You come on with promises of a better platform and addressing the usual/regular grievances. And then you ignore the community. What do you (MA) think will happen?
8 days since your post...they still haven't replied.

I agree. But...that's the nature of business when money is involved. You are offering a platform where players - albeit voluntarily - pay for playing. These players don't feel they get value for money and yet still love the initial (from the year 2003) idea and stick around to 1: make more money; 2: see what happens next. You come on with promises of a better platform and addressing the usual/regular grievances. And then you ignore the community. What do you (MA) think will happen?
8 days since your post...they still haven't replied.
I agree with you it's a foundation of toxicity on both sides. So what do we do. Maybe all join in nd asking for an update on the dev log. All who want an update ping a MA worker lol but don't be abusive.

you will never get a reply dont worry :)
what they make you can see with new revial station build walls you get stuck when fast walking. idk who designed this with stupid ideas and copy space station machines too planets?

Am I right to assume everything is getting a large redesign and overhaul, predominantly all the game assets and environments, So all current 3d models are to be rebuilt based off the assets used in game now? And they will not be just cryengine2 assets coverted into usable Unreal Engine5 assets. basically, what was done when up grading from the gamebryo engine to cryengine2, most of the EU gamebryo engine assets were just converted over, though many of the old EU assets have been updated now, Anyway, just curious as to how far removed for what we have now the design process is going.

Please fix Hangars! make them useful, It's great that Hangars have repair, trade, storage, auction, crafting, terminals ect, but having some type of functionality outside of this feature would be great. Maybe a transport spaceship that is actually connected to the Hangar estate deed?, A personal teleporter to teleport anywhere even to other planets? And most importantly, making all of the Hangar estate area usable real estate not just the small interior section.

Am I right to assume everything is getting a large redesign and overhaul, predominantly all the game assets and environments, So all current 3d models are to be rebuilt based off the assets used in game now? And they will not be just cryengine2 assets coverted into usable Unreal Engine5 assets. basically, what was done when up grading from the gamebryo engine to cryengine2, most of the EU gamebryo engine assets were just converted over, though many of the old EU assets have been updated now, Anyway, just curious as to how far removed for what we have now the design process is going.
They have stated they are starting fresh in UE5. But they will try to keep relative item values in consideration. Probably new maps and other things we have not even imagined yet.

They have stated they are starting fresh in UE5. But they will try to keep relative item values in consideration. Probably new maps and other things we have not even imagined yet.
Thanks, I thought that was the case just wasn't 100% certain, A full makeover is exactly what EU needs, though I will probably miss various things from the current cryengine2 build once EU Unreal5 is underway, Just as I still miss aspects of ancient EU before the update to cryengine2, I particularly miss the old soundtrack.

I like the "don't tell anybody" bit near the start. It's very much about what individuals could do with the power of PCG.
What individuals presumably cannot do is the complex range of either hunting nor mining even, plus the evaluation of cost and loot dynamics that is so very much MA's layer.

The thing that has always interested me about PCG is the ability to 'hide' specific things in a vast world that in itself does not need a great deal of game world data to form it. It is, after all, procedural.
This can apply to where mob and mining fields are, mission activation, settlements etc.
What I have always wanted to add in is fields of player-determined variable content - enabling building and potential destruction as a layer on top of the basic data.

I'm guessing that the next couple of years will see me either still in EU, or in some world that a few 'kids' developed in their basements, but so much better. A half-and-half would be still being on the EU platform, but on a lovingly created world of exploration designed by someone with the skills to make everything mesh. We shall see if the EU platform and its employees can enable this freedom, or not!!!

Maybe this is too mid-week for active minds, but I have managed to think a bit more about several topics in parallel these last few hours.

It occurs to me that I am maybe ignoring a HUGE potential rift in procedural generation concepts.
One line is that you can create a massive world quickly and easily to look great and detailed - and store it on file when it is done, which might still be a massive amount of data.
The other line is that you don't need to store much data because the world is generated from procedures that stem from various seeds. Go to any coordinates and the algorithms can rapidly generate the same landscape every time, without having it filling up RAM. There may be layers of 'designed content' placed on top, but this takes a lot less effort and resources than fully mapping everything.

Have I been wishfully thinking about that second version for UE5, whereas actually their procedural generation is just a construction tool that can be modulated along the various pathways/filters and then quickly outputs many gigs worth of map? Sad face if so, but I won't emoji it ...

Not sure if its already be requested but could you make the housing estates at meaningful locations ?
In the middle of nowehre where nobody goes is just.. meh.. Make the cities alive by bringing appartments and shops where people interact.

Posted exactly 1 year ago:

Roadmap​

We are currently focusing on Combat and Hunting; with Mining, Resource Gathering and Crafting to follow.
Until next time!
They have done some focusing. The source is their blog where they release a dev blog regularly :D https://www.entropiauniverse.com/bulletin/development-blog-unreal-engine-5/

Nothing in there makes me sad
It's kinda impressive. The blogs were not that long. To think that with all the people working on this thing, that no one would have even a short paragraph to say on what they were working on, in a whole year is... well... shall we say... special?

Sorry if you all are surprised :(

I dont understand how over 20+ years of the same shit, the same community pleading for more communication and for the company to stick to what they say officaly they still to this day are doing the same shit. Please sell entropia to another company and resign so we can get some professional people that give a shit.

Please sell entropia to another company and resign so we can get some professional people that give a shit.
to CCP, the company that runs EVE Online. But that's nevergonnahappendotcom, unfortunately...I hope they sell though.

Back