"User controlled" mobs around noob rig

Remember the events that MA held in the PVP zone because they couldn't do it any other way and what did we ask 'Why can't you control a mob instead?'

Well they finally did it. I'm more inclined to believe it's direct control after hearing the mob joined a queue.

The other question would be whose dev's were in control of the mobs on Ark?

i think this funtionality is for new events personally rather than taming. isnt a pet supposed to follow u round rather than "become" the animal :scratch2:

if we are to get this functionality ourselves I hope it comes in the form of a new MF chip with new profession, and the other chips like regen inhibition etc should all go into the new profession. and just get rid of light mind essense cause its fkn shit
I think it could fit MF, and I have that for some time now.
When they asked in 2009 what new features we wanted in MF, I did this little wish:

MindControll of Animals
Both Wild and Tamed.
For Wild animals we need to trap them, and then insert a mindcontrollchip.
Similar for tamed animals.
The difference between the controll of a tamed and wild animal is that we
can attack with wild animals, but not tamed.
Wild animals can die, but tamed not.
And ofc, while in controllmode, camera is positioned at animal instead,
so wee look thru' the eyes of the animal.
A controlled Hiryuu, anyone? :D ;)

Remember the events that MA held in the PVP zone because they couldn't do it any other way and what did we ask 'Why can't you control a mob instead?'

Well they finally did it. I'm more inclined to believe it's direct control after hearing the mob joined a queue.

The other question would be whose dev's were in control of the mobs on Ark?

Ark devs were controlling them. Yes it's direct control and I can say that it doesn't take more than a few minutes for them to choose a mob, spawn it and control it. I imagine it's just like controlling your avatar, except that it's limited to the normal behavior animations for the mob (mob running and attack speed, dmg, attack movements etc). So it's not exactly the same as controlling a mob but similar. When I was fighting the aakas statue, running circles around it helped, I think because the mob could only attack when facing me straight on (AI mobs turn instantly so you can't avoid their hits by moving around). So it's not just like "go into attack mode" or "agro on nearest avatar" controls. I think you can see the level of control well in the video.

The fact that it's been given to Ark devs i take to mean that it's not just a "MA playing around testing phase" but is actually available for them to use. There are a lot of possibilities and with some thought they can do some pretty cool events. I wonder if the user controlled mobs take agro from other mobs or can attack AI mobs.

Rocktropia have these controlled mobs too. We have been able to slain them all except one L1119 Thing.

I think it would be better if they were shared loot.

Rocktropia have these controlled mobs too. We have been able to slain them all except one L1119 Thing.

I think it would be better if they were shared loot.

why are you so hostile towards them? :(
we are just watching them at small rig and had lots of fun and also drama,
cos my friend lost his repesilex friend he had been protecting from sweaters for like 20min :D

What's all this hopplah about?

It's just either a dev or hacker mucking with people. Gamemasters did that a lot in earlier mmos, and it's usually frowned upon.
Harassment really.
Are you proud of yourself MA? Picking on your customers who you already squeeze enough out of?
And look at that, now people believe taming is coming. Why? Because a dev has complete control of their product?
Give us a break MA.

Yes, I hear you the but what all the this hopplah is about is that we as seasoned players of the game have never see this before. This is a new system that could be only for the developers or could be something bigger. Now, at the end, I'm guessing it could be just a new development tool they created..but we all can have hope. And that is this is a new system that will be used for TAMING! YAY!!

This is a new system that could be only for the developers or could be something bigger. Now, at the end, I'm guessing it could be just a new development tool they created..but we all can have hope. And that is this is a new system that will be used for TAMING! YAY!!

With as long as people have been waiting for taming to come back..
with MA posting that a "new planet in concept would be utilizing taming as a core concept"
With A new planet arriving and no other planets in concept that we are aware of
with this new planet not allowing vehicles.
and now with this "user controlled creatures" running about.

If its NOT taming MA damn well should be saying something along the lines of "don't get excited taming is still just something we all dream about it is not, has not, and will not be, in development. If they are going to run around and tease us with user controlled mobs.

With as long as people have been waiting for taming to come back..
with MA posting that a "new planet in concept would be utilizing taming as a core concept"
With A new planet arriving and no other planets in concept that we are aware of
with this new planet not allowing vehicles.
and now with this "user controlled creatures" running about.

If its NOT taming MA damn well should be saying something along the lines of "don't get excited taming is still just something we all dream about it is not, has not, and will not be, in development. If they are going to run around and tease us with user controlled mobs.

So true, I so much want this to be taming!!!!!:yay:

As I mention before in the taming thread, there is nothing MA can do compensate for the DECADE of waste effort and broken promises. All they can do is tease you about a system that WILL NEVER COME!

I have no doubt, tamers are on a something even a meth lab can't create because their delusion has to be chemically induced.

annoying

lots of burns in this tread.

Noone was smart enough to link this with Toulan?

Its known that toulan will be heavily based on a form of taming.

Toulan doesnt accept vehicles

MA employees testing user controlled mobs

Kim saying MA does only implement usefull things because its really expensive to implement new stuff

remember how space vehicles were introduced

how much easier do you want it? Really?

Keep yourself informed:)

edit: some did notice it, im a bad reader:)

Last edited:
Ran into a Boorum Elite at a TP two days ago that showed up same characteristics, definitely human controlled. Standing right next to a turret I suddenly took damage from something, I shot back and then it started running around trying to dodge. Loot moment was thrilling since I knew this wasn't a normal mob, but didn't drop anything out of the ordinary.

Ah you know I was shooting at it too and was wondering WTF is it running away for, thought when you HIT it it would come back at you. So now this all makes more sense what is behind this. :)

As I mention before in the taming thread, there is nothing MA can do compensate for the DECADE of waste effort and broken promises. All they can do is tease you about a system that WILL NEVER COME!

I have no doubt, tamers are on a something even a meth lab can't create because their delusion has to be chemically induced.

User controlled mobs are nothing to do about taming.

Doesn't matter what they are up to, but we are having fun at small rig.
Tonight we got new friend from Mourner Stalker :D

WOW, I have never seen a mourner stalker before. Where do those guys hide out? Something new for me to check out if I could find them

I want to see a user controlled behemoth penissaur! Bring them back from extinction!

yay taming is in tests!

Hm I wanna see an atrox queen user controlled mob taking over big rig, and guarding newbies :D:laugh:

ugh taming test video not working?

Last night I went to sit to small rig as usual and suddenly some "user controlled" mobs appeared.
They were only attacking people that shot or tried to sweat them and killed some that tried to spree the line.

After a while the warlock started fighting big atrox and was sitting there until Kim came to shoot it.

Its just a shadow or awakened painfull memory of what we had in game long time a go - even long before MA invented taming.
Mobs could damage each other and ofc there were real fights between mobs to death that colonists could watch.
One could have fun waching fights between ara and trox or trox and robot, hoglo and trox or ara and hundreds of tantilions or between other agro mobs.
One could have fun making drones to shoot each others or to shoot those in front of them in case you trained them.
One could learn a lot about melee fighting by making 2 umbranoids to fight each other.

Last edited:
In my opinion the best moment so far with user controlled mob was when i was standing at twins and a Dev. came in as a boorum and i said as a joke: Next one should be a Mutated Chirpy.

Guess what happened next... :yay::wtg:

Its just a shadow or awakened painfull memory of what we had in game long time a go - even long before MA invented taming.
Mobs cud damage each other and ofc there were real fights between mobs to death that colonists cud watch.
One cud have fun waching fights between ara and trox or trox and robot, hoglo and trox or ara and hundreds of tantilions or between other agro mobs.
One cud have fun making drones to shoot each others or to shoot those in front of them in case you trained them.
One cud learn a lot about melee fighting by making 2 umbranoids to fight each other.

Yes, I remember seeing Hogglos eating atrox guardians for breakfast back in the days when they still were on Eudoria. :)

I guess if in the future a mob starts dodging my shots I'll know it's a dev operating the mob and I've just been caught trapping. :/

Menace

Reactions: SHY
Mobs cud damage each other and ofc there were real fights between mobs to death that colonists cud watch.
One cud have fun waching fights between ara and trox or trox and robot, hoglo and trox or ara and hundreds of tantilions or between other agro mobs.
One cud have fun making drones to shoot each others or to shoot those in front of them in case you trained them.
One cud learn a lot about melee fighting by making 2 umbranoids to fight each other.

I started in 2009, so I never got the chance to see mobs fight each other. I would certainly like to see this reimplemented.

There was a mulmun looter elite misbehaving in twin today. It was fun and we got a small global out of it

Regardless if this has something to do with testing for taming or not, I think MA could build on this and make an epic event with players vs the devs in big mobs.

Back