"User controlled" mobs around noob rig

Elayne

Guardian
Elayne WithoutSpoon
Last night I went to sit to small rig as usual and suddenly some "user controlled" mobs appeared.
They were only attacking people that shot or tried to sweat them and killed some that tried to spree the line.

After a while the warlock started fighting big atrox and was sitting there until Kim came to shoot it.

SHY

Stalker
How do you feel about it?

Is it bad, is it good? Or do you want to know our feelings about it?

Sub-Zero

Elite
Society
Guess Who
Sub-Zero The Killer
Hint of new upcoming taming system? :yay:

aia

Marauder
Last night I went to sit to small rig as usual and suddenly some "user controlled" mobs appeared.
They were only attacking people that shot or tried to sweat them and killed some that tried to spree the line.

After a while the warlock started fighting big atrox and was sitting there until Kim came to shoot it.
Wow cool!

Pretty Close to a "mech"?

Or, imagine controlling a Vanguard. (Or flying as a Hiryuu?)

Elayne

Guardian
Elayne WithoutSpoon
being somehow connected to taming was socmates guess, i was just wondering wth is happening here :D

Society
Death Unlimited
Johan Roadkill Deadmeat
Seen a lot of people who's dreamed about this for a long time, awesome!

BaronNuss

Old Alpha
Society
Art of Mining
BaronNuss XXVII DepositFinder
Kim saved us :sniper:

UnaAlconbury

Prowler
Society
Rangers
Una Griph Alconbury
Ran into a Boorum Elite at a TP two days ago that showed up same characteristics, definitely human controlled. Standing right next to a turret I suddenly took damage from something, I shot back and then it started running around trying to dodge. Loot moment was thrilling since I knew this wasn't a normal mob, but didn't drop anything out of the ordinary.

aridash

Slayer
Society
Skillin' Villains
lol, apply some AI and people assume its human controled.:rolleyes:

Kitch

Prowler
Kim wouldn't come kill it if it was MindArk-controlled i assume? So ... hacked? Doubtful, special name ... so just Kim-in-disguise and then Kim-the-saviour?
thats exatly what i was thinking, bit weird lol who knows. was an cool vid either way

or... scenario two.. two young trainees are in the office late, decide to have a few cups of whatever swedish people drink, then start messing about.. kim hears about it so logs in from home and kills them lol

Society
Guess Who
George Ace Skywalker
User Controlled Boorum Elite now spotted at twin peaks

Elayne

Guardian
Elayne WithoutSpoon
and now Hogglo too :D and there is tiny arrow icon in the end of their name, when you point it, it says user controlled.

billairboy

Elite
Bill Airboy Ivanhoe
Interesting. Probably MA testing some of the functions of taming system.

Joat

Elite
Society
M.I.S
I had a wish for user controlled mobs in 2009, would be nice if it came now. :)

OZtwo

Stalker
Society
Vikings Of Entropia
Kent OZtwo OpaloMan
some bored MA staff? :scratch2:
How do you feel about it?

Is it bad, is it good? Or do you want to know our feelings about it?
lol, apply some AI and people assume its human controled.:rolleyes:
Well, it was human controled. At one point someone asked it to stand in line and soon after it moved to the end of the noob rig line. Also last night two mobs showed up and started fighting with each other. But what got a lot of people and even me was at the every end when KIM showed up in game! Yes, KIM was in game last night! OMG!

SHY

Stalker
Well, it was human controled. At one point someone asked it to stand in line and soon after it moved to the end of the noob rig line. Also last night two mobs showed up and started fighting with each other. But what got a lot of people and even me was at the every end when KIM showed up in game! Yes, KIM was in game last night! OMG!
These days Mindark Official 08 is around ingame a lot too :)

OZtwo

Stalker
Society
Vikings Of Entropia
Kent OZtwo OpaloMan
These days Mindark Official 08 is around ingame a lot too :)
Sorry to say I wasn't on planet but it was just cool that Kim was able to answer a few questions of mine I had a mate post.

BTW, also forgot the funniest one..which I don't think anyone got a video. I had a friend ask a simple question:

"When will lag be fixed?"

Anyone want to guess what the mob did?

Yes, it ran away! :) It came back 5 or so minutes later.but still very funny.:yay:

Neil Stockton

Stalker
Neil Greenleaf Stockton
Saw some user controlled mobs on ark too... and yes, they aren't AI, they're controlled by the devs. Hopefully pets will also have this feature, when they come out :)

edit: about loot, I got arkoins from an aakas statue that showed up at the drill rig, so the loot does appear to be from the normal loot table for the mob.

Last edited:

Saradu

Dominant
Society
Trojans Colonel
Wicked Saradu Last
Ran into a Boorum Elite at a TP two days ago that showed up same characteristics, definitely human controlled. Standing right next to a turret I suddenly took damage from something, I shot back and then it started running around trying to dodge. Loot moment was thrilling since I knew this wasn't a normal mob, but didn't drop anything out of the ordinary.
This happened again today, a boorum, hogglo and one of those big robots from the fort. A ma official came in to see what was going on.

BaronNuss

Old Alpha
Society
Art of Mining
BaronNuss XXVII DepositFinder
The devs show up and whole EU goes ape-shit :yay:

:cheer:

Rayden

Banned
Rayden Styx Bacchus

Last edited:

Timewarpman1

Dominant
What's all this hopplah about?

It's just either a dev or hacker mucking with people. Gamemasters did that a lot in earlier mmos, and it's usually frowned upon.
Harassment really.
Are you proud of yourself MA? Picking on your customers who you already squeeze enough out of?
And look at that, now people believe taming is coming. Why? Because a dev has complete control of their product?
Give us a break MA.

Kitch

Prowler
i think this funtionality is for new events personally rather than taming. isnt a pet supposed to follow u round rather than "become" the animal :scratch2:

if we are to get this functionality ourselves I hope it comes in the form of a new MF chip with new profession, and the other chips like regen inhibition etc should all go into the new profession. and just get rid of light mind essense cause its fkn shit

Farmer Smurf

Stalker
Mungo Baobob
i think this funtionality is for new events personally rather than taming. isnt a pet supposed to follow u round rather than "become" the animal :scratch2:
user controlled does not have to mean in real time with the arrow keys. I think it more likly to be user controlled with action commands such as sit, stay, come, go, fight, follow. etc would make far more sense imo.

if it was just for events and they had no plans for "users to control" it would be labeled MA controlled or something.