Vehicle commissioning terminals: where are they

Kombinator

Marauder
Society
CCCP
Velikii Komby Kombinator
The announcement said they are placing the terminals in selected cities.

Can anyone comment on:

1) What cities the terminals are in
2) How does that process actually work?

You have one in Twin Peaks right next to the tp (near revival).

One is at Port Atlantis too

Haven't noticed any other in other cities

It says to commission a vehicle you need to put a deed into the machine.

Which begs a question: where do you get the deed that need to be put into the machine to commission a new car if you do not have a car yet?

It says to commission a vehicle you need to put a deed into the machine.

Which begs a question: where do you get the deed that need to be put into the machine to commission a new car if you do not have a car yet?

Are you trying to commission a car that you do not have yet?

Rgds

Ace

Well, perhaps I am misunderstanding what the terminal is for, commissioning to me means put on order is this not the purpose of the terminal?

Well, perhaps I am misunderstanding what the terminal is for, commissioning to me means put on order is this not the purpose of the terminal?

when you craft it etc you get a deed, this you need to commision i guess in the terminal.

I see. So then I would need to find a crafter to craft the car, then take the combined bp to the machine which will craft it for me?

Still quite confused as to how the hell the commissioning terminal works and what exactly goes into it and how one obtains a car under normal circumstances?

no, you need to have a vehicle in your inventory, take it to the terminal, drag it in to commission it. So it's like an estate terminal for vehicles.

OK, so what does the term commission actually mean here, what is the exact usage for the terminal?

it's sounding very animal-tamey to me : )

There is a terminal at Ashi.

OK, so what does the term commission actually mean here, what is the exact usage for the terminal?

It creates a linkage between the owning avatar and the vehicle. After this, you can grant some vehicular rights to your friends, for example. And this is actually described in the release notes.

it's sounding very animal-tamey to me : )

Haha true:)

Seriously though what the hell does this terminal actually do then? So once you have your car (whihc I am not sure how one gets it) you need to put the deed inside the terminal and it does...what exactly?

it puts your name on the car, so it belongs to you, and you can use it. Just like an estate terminal for estates.

Gosh, that does sound as pointless as the estate terminals that don't update the "owner" listed until the place is claimed... making it useless info on who the actual owner is. Maybe they are using the same database as estates for cars so that terminal is how you access the database to make the car useable... Silly way for MA to get databases to talk to one another I guess. They probably do that so that progammatically the database does not have to do anything until you claim the car or estate - i.e. it's a cheap way for their programmers to avoid even more lag by prompting you to do something instead of auto checking your inventory regularly and updating the item info screens, etc. as should probably be done...

Haha true:)

Seriously though what the hell does this terminal actually do then? So once you have your car (whihc I am not sure how one gets it) you need to put the deed inside the terminal and it does...what exactly?

What it does is registering your avatar as the owner of this vehicle. It gives you a hidden license plate number. Any future traffic violations, like speeding ticket or drunk driving tickets will be deducted from your ped card. You will also receive a billing for road and pollution taxes. And secretly you will be losing the 17ped tt value on your next mining, hunting or crafting runs.

Hey nothing is for free in this game. :D

:silly2:

Think of the decommission / commission process as turning the car over to valet parking and then getting it back from the valet.

You don't get a deed to the vehicle. Once you buy or craft a vehicle, you drag the vehicle icon from your inventory and drop it onto the window that opens at the terminal. After that, you can then spawn your vehicle.

Apparantly the terminal is of more use later when you can add different add-ons to the car, customizing it.

Back