Version Update 10.6.1 Content List

Well, it is now proven... I am the Ueber-noob.

I even manage to get NO-LOOT MESSAGES after the update where MA removed the No-loots!

As a longtem vet, don't you think MA really does these kinda things on purpose?! It just happens to often to be coincidence I believe...

QFT! :wise:

I'm actually curious as to what BS excuse/wall of text Brooklyn is gonna come up with to defend MA on this one. :laugh:

As a longtem vet, don't you think MA really does these kinda things on purpose?! It just happens to often to be coincidence I believe...

Yes for MA but i hope for FPC customer are important. Just let see if with FPC something change or not

Another update i cant load. Not again....

:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

Rakuuz,did ya note the "File" button on the Client Loader Log In page?
It validates the download.
Not easy to spot unless you look for it.

:dunno:

Shit Happens?​

:laugh:

Fair enough.

Though personally I'd add the following before the question mark:

"very often, when it comes to stuff that screws over the players"

* deleted *

Last edited:
I really hope we get some of the $$ back that was ripped off yesterday

Adjusted amount of ammunition in loot to reflect the value change of ammunition

I sure as hell cant login and use half the ammo to hunt and then tell them the next day whoops sorry today i will use the proper amount :mad:

I don't think it's FPC's fault, I think they got screwed over by MA just like we are.

Yep, MA screw up and Marco has to take the shit for it - nothing changes really :laugh:

Well, it is now proven... I am the Ueber-noob.

I even manage to get NO-LOOT MESSAGES after the update where MA removed the No-loots!

They didn't remove them totally you get fragments for the tier system instead and no loots.

I can confirm that loot return is back to normal :wtg:

Fixed Issues

*Adjusted amount of ammunition in loot to reflect the value change of ammunition

I'm not sure why people are upset about this. You are ALL over-reacting! What this means is MA didn't shove as much ammo into your loot window as it used to. BIG WHOOP! This also means you got more other stuff instead. No one got ripped off. MA didn't screw up big time. If anything it was worse for them because hunters didn't have as much ammo returned to their inventory to keep using which lowered the amount of time you could stay out hunting. Remember when MA first upped the amount of ammo showing up in your loot? Its the same thing, but in reverse. If loot was bad it would have been bad regardless except you would have had more ammo which is only worth TT. If anything you should be happy there was less ammo in your loot.

/Napo

well good thing i didnt hunt much yesterday, noticed when i started loot was messed up so said F it and went mining. thanks goodness they caught this though and fixed within 1 business day otherwise imagine the loss...

I'm not sure why people are upset about this. You are ALL over-reacting! What this means is MA didn't shove as much ammo into your loot window as it used to. BIG WHOOP! This also means you got more other stuff instead. No one got ripped off.
You best not be trolling... because I'm going -rep on your sorry ass...

Just to show you how butthurt I am for receiving less than 1/10th of the ammo I was supposed to receive in my loots, yesterday.

I didn't get shit other stuff, I got ripped off.

If you think you the victim of bugged ammo loot yesterday, file a support case about it.

If you want +rep from the umbrella sellers, just bitch here.

Otherwise, it is nothing but another case of:

New System ->Sucky Bug -> Bug Fixed -> Get Over It -> Face Change -> Adapt or Fail

:beerchug:

Miles

p.s. Yes - I did file a support case

You best not be trolling... because I'm going -rep on your sorry ass...

Just to show you how butthurt I am for receiving less than 1/10th of the ammo I was supposed to receive in my loots, yesterday.

I didn't get shit other stuff, I got ripped off.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Troll_%28Internet%29

Okay I'll admit I was a little inflamatory in my last post, but for goodness sake stop posting claims of being ripped off without backing it up with numbers.

/Napo

TT returned seemed normally to me, I did loot just 3 peds of ammo in 1500 ped hunt, but it really looked like the tt was switched to those new components to me. Heck I hope it stays this way I much rather have something that has MU potential then ammo.

Is anyone actually running 10.6.1 now? My patch seemed to error out (flashed error screen for a micro second near the end) and crashed the Client Loader. When I restart CL it just booted as normal and no retry on the patch.

The version number I show on the title bar inside EU is 10.6.0.38841. Anyone have something different than that?

I'm not convinced I'm patched yet, so I don't plan on doing any hunting today either until I'm sure the ammo issue is resolved....

I'm not sure why people are upset about this. You are ALL over-reacting! What this means is MA didn't shove as much ammo into your loot window as it used to. BIG WHOOP! This also means you got more other stuff instead. No one got ripped off. MA didn't screw up big time. If anything it was worse for them because hunters didn't have as much ammo returned to their inventory to keep using which lowered the amount of time you could stay out hunting. Remember when MA first upped the amount of ammo showing up in your loot? Its the same thing, but in reverse. If loot was bad it would have been bad regardless except you would have had more ammo which is only worth TT. If anything you should be happy there was less ammo in your loot.

/Napo

Yes, they temporarily reduced the ammo drops to add more components instead. Fair enough.

The problem was they reduced the ammo drops too much because someone forgot a zero somewhere or some such error. So yes, we were getting less loot, and yes it's a fuck-up which has now thankfully been corrected.

Does anyone know how to start re loading a patch... if there is such a thing??? For some reason it didn't load :scratch2:

Just tried to validate.. yep its corrupt ..... lol but nothing on how to fix it :)

Last edited:
TT returned seemed normally to me, I did loot just 3 peds of ammo in 1500 ped hunt, but it really looked like the tt was switched to those new components to me. Heck I hope it stays this way I much rather have something that has MU potential then ammo.

Thank goodness I'm not the only one. My loot post-VU 10.6 has been the best it's been in forever. Hope it stays this way.

/Napo

Edit: Added some numbers
Atrox Young 278 PED Friday, December 18, 2009 16:46
Atrox Young 50 PED Friday, December 18, 2009 16:31
Ambulimax Young 105 PED Thursday, December 17, 2009 08:31
Ambulimax Young 85 PED Thursday, December 17, 2009 08:28
Ambulimax Young 144 PED Thursday, December 17, 2009 07:40
Ambulimax Mature 58 PED Thursday, December 17, 2009 07:10

I was baffled why people wanted more ammo in loot again when all you can do is sell it to the trade terminal or shoot it. :confused:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Troll_(Internet)

Okay I'll admit I was a little inflamatory in my last post, but for goodness sake stop posting claims of being ripped off without backing it up with numbers.

/Napo
I never got more than 10 pecs of ammo in my loot yesterday, in over 150 ped.

My three hunts all got me a perfect 50% return, whereas I normally get at least 60% in a series of averagely 80% returns.

Everyone else has confirmed this by numbers.

Mindark patched the game today, and admitted the fluke.

Most players have confirmed that today loot returns in hunting have returned to normal.

So I calculated that I have been ripped off by 10$, in just a single day. That's not much, right? Well, I could play half a month on any other mmorpg with that money, or I could play for free some CS.

Inflamatory post? I don't think so, I consider it to be quite ignorant to everybody's yesterday experiences.

I was baffled why people wanted more ammo in loot again when all you can do is sell it to the trade terminal or shoot it. :confused:
I want ammo in my loot so I can sell it at the trade terminal or shoot it. :)

Thank goodness I'm not the only one. My loot post-VU 10.6 has been the best it's been in forever. Hope it stays this way.

/Napo

Edit: Added some numbers
Atrox Young 278 PED Friday, December 18, 2009 16:46
Atrox Young 50 PED Friday, December 18, 2009 16:31
Ambulimax Young 105 PED Thursday, December 17, 2009 08:31
Ambulimax Young 85 PED Thursday, December 17, 2009 08:28
Ambulimax Young 144 PED Thursday, December 17, 2009 07:40
Ambulimax Mature 58 PED Thursday, December 17, 2009 07:10

If you got loot other than ammo, you weren't affected, and the screw up still allowed for plenty of globals. But the average ammo-filled loots were 1/10th their normal size. So a Chomper which normally drops 4 peds of ammo on a regular loot, was only dropping .40 worth of ammo, w/o the 3.6 being replaced by components.

Now here's an interesting question to me: I wonder if the screw-up actually meant you could end up with less than 50 peds in a global. So you get the 50 ped global, you are supposed to get 40 ped of items and 10 ped of ammo. But the bug means when it calculates how much ammo to give you, it puts 10K in your loot instead of 100K.

Sadly, I didn't get any globals yesterday to be able to check :(

Oh, I was hunting just for that reason - a higher percentage of loot with markup, and I did loot a good amount of various enhancer related items. Those items plus ammo looted were nowhere near normal amount of ammo loot. The extent to which one got screwed seems to be the extent to which one's loot was ammo.

I suspect were were getting the right amount of ammo/10, that is to say that they reduced ammo percentage to add extra enhancer loot, but when ammo was added to loot window, it was not calculated correctly related to the refactoring of ammo values. The result was that the amount of ammo you got was one tenth of the value of ammo you were intended to get.

The effect on loot was anywhere from minor to dramatic depending on the circumstances. This was fixed in today's update, so the only question remains, will we get compensated? I don't know, but having a support case won't hurt. (Remember the issue of inaccessible claims right after VU 10?)

:beerchug:

Miles

Wonder just how fast this would have been fixed if ammo pay out would have been 10x instead of 1/10 :laugh:

Wonder just how fast this would have been fixed if ammo pay out would have been 10x instead of 1/10 :laugh:

Instantaneously.
The moment MA would've been made aware of it being 10x as opposed to /10 they would've cut the power to the servers and called everyone in for overtime.
Being that it was closer to /10, they probably encouraged staff to sleep in, or have an extended break.

I know I play at the bottom rung, but the screw up in loot cost me hugely, in proportion to my budget.. I now have ~20% of the PED I had yesterday as a result and it will take me HOURS to counter that loss.

Back