We live in a beautiful world

Peezle

Prowler
Banned
Society
Meezle
Peezle Peez McPee
At the risk of using a lame track for my thread.

I think this has to be said.

This forum is mainly about how we suffer, how we endure the game and how we keep going.

Do you give a damn?

Or do you just want that ATH and to hell with everyone else?

What do you want?

More importantly, what do you feel for real?, forget what you have been told to feel. What do you feel is needed in this forum to make you feel better?

Speak, don't sqeak.

Change things, you have the power.

And this represents thinking?

You think this is clever, smart, intelligent?

All it says to the world that you are bending over ready to get what you deserve... and you will

I am here to talk with brains, smart* people are usually dead already.

Do you have ideas? or are you braindead? it's very simple

Bones are sinking like stones
All that we fall for
Homes places we've grown
All of us are done for

Oh all that I know is nothing to run from
Cause yeah everybody here got's somebody to lean on

Well, what I feel is that there is tremendous potential for social 'uplifting' in any virtual world where people from all around planet Earth come and work together as teams, but also chat to each other during 'inefficient' bits of the experience.
Sweat hunting was one such gathering of people, but now we have groups on spaceships too, and those waiting for wave events to continue.
Personally, I'd love to have a shop/home/workshop of video links on shelves, for example, which ppl can make grow in popularity as a stack number, or something. It's a bit like the trend we have towards online DJ-ing with mothership radio stations etc, but with information available on demand.
Maybe MA would make the links decay just a tiny bit (think lowest positive loot we often get) per view, but ppl could support a link by adding to it. The owner could thus get micro-boosted for having a unique link to the world of information/fun etc. out there... or might co-link links to originals in other EU properties.
This would be similar to adding oil to your captain's mothership to help pay for running it, except that all should be able to see the current size of the stack and its views (like auction history).
I've no idea if dung stacking should also be an option ;)

Somehow, however, I get the feeling that we are a long way off from such ideas being implemented, even if it could be a business model for MA enabling exchange by EU inhabitants in this way....

As you see, I certainly do care about my virtual universe and would like to improve it - I just don't necessarily believe in its gods. Maybe we could take it over...!

yes, the social world we live in through cooperation in sweating and in our societies is what we gain. I have learnt a lot about other countries favorite pastimes, beers etc etc. That;s the gift... and we loose some ped while learning from eachother. Big deal.

if the only prayer you ever say in your entire life is thank you, it will be enough

I've no idea if dung stacking should also be an option ;)

this one absolutely a NOOOOOOOO! it's so disgusting .... lol.

I'll never forget the disgust I've had during my first attempt to collect dung..... and I failed .... but the picture of it still haunting me time to time .... just like right now.. so yaky .....plz never use this term in the forum :eek:

At the risk of using a lame track for my thread.

I think this has to be said.

This forum is mainly about how we suffer, how we endure the game and how we keep going.

Do you give a damn?

Or do you just want that ATH and to hell with everyone else?

What do you want?

More importantly, what do you feel for real?, forget what you have been told to feel. What do you feel is needed in this forum to make you feel better?

Speak, don't sqeak.

Change things, you have the power.

I don't give a damn.
I want the ath, to hell with everyone.
I am brain dead.
I've been waiting for someone to ask!! Thank you. :yay:

I'd be glad to contribute to this thread. If only I could figure out what the topic is....

Well, to add something intelligent too

I am brain dead. Hell I stab my head with a sword and all i feel is. 'uh what's dat'?

You what I mean ..lol

Good sense will win... I hope

Last edited:
Here, have a cookie
cookie.gif

I like cheese. And Beer. :cool:

Blackjack :cowboy:

We can dance if we want to.
We can leave your friends behind.
Cause your friends dont dance,
and if they dont dance
then they aint no friends of mine. :wise:

We can go where we want to
A place where they will never find
And we can act like we come
from out of this world
and leave the real one far behind. :girl:

I have back pain from a car accident. I hate it and it makes me ill tempered. Thanks for asking...

I keep a copy of the Desiderata on my desktop, and read it often.

Sometimes I feel it applies particularly well to EU :)

For those not familar with it:
Go placidly amid the noise and haste,
and remember what peace there may be in silence.

As far as possible without surrender
be on good terms with all persons.
Speak your truth quietly and clearly;
and listen to others,
even the dull and the ignorant;
they too have their story.
Avoid loud and aggressive persons, they are vexatious to the spirit.

If you compare yourself with others,
you may become vain and bitter;
for always there will be greater and lesser persons than yourself.

Enjoy your achievements as well as your plans.
Keep interested in your own career, however humble;
it is a real possession in the changing fortunes of time.

Exercise caution in your business affairs;
for the world is full of trickery.
But let this not blind you to what virtue there is;
many persons strive for high ideals;
and everywhere life is full of heroism.

Be yourself.
Especially, do not feign affection.
Neither be cynical about love;
for in the face of all aridity and disenchantment
it is as perennial as the grass.

Take kindly the counsel of the years,
gracefully surrendering the things of youth.
Nurture strength of spirit to shield you in sudden misfortune.
But do not distress yourself with dark imaginings.
Many fears are born of fatigue and loneliness.

Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself.
You are a child of the universe,
no less than the trees and the stars;
you have a right to be here.
And whether or not it is clear to you,
no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should.

Therefore be at peace with God, whatever you conceive Him to be,
and whatever your labors and aspirations, in the noisy confusion of life
keep peace with your soul.

With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams,
it is still a beautiful world.

Be cheerful.
Strive to be happy.

~ Max Ehrmann, 1927

I keep a copy of the Desiderata on my desktop, and read it often.

Sometimes I feel it applies particularly well to EU :)

For those not familar with it:

[...]
no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should.
[...]

Thanks for the quote, I wasn't familiar with it - not sure about this bit though :)

Well, all I was asking originally, though this got lost, is what you, player x, would like to see in this forum to make it more connected to how you play.

Nothing mystical, angry, or odd about the OP in fact.

I don't want to deposit anymore. It's been two weeks now. I'm hanging on by a thread; buying drugs instead, mostly cocaine, but sometimes heroine, too. Anyhow, it's way cheaper than EU.

By the way, I am now selling my avatar for sexual purposes. Just PM if you're interested. I made my ass look just great. Not saying I take it up the ass, I'm merely saying women like to grab my ass from time to time. You guys have no idea how hard it is to visit Twin; every time I try to sell something there all these avatars just assume it's free-divide-ass-grabbing-day. Well, it's not, okay? I feel violated. I even wrote MA a support case about this but they closed it down, saying it's all part of my social experience.

I don't feel very good afterwards. It's like ... something has been taken from me; something which I may never get back. My dignity and my honor. Every time I try to ... yeah, you know ... get rid of my natural needs in the forest after a big hunt, I do it as fast as I can because I know that green dot may try to grab me - again.

It's hard, you know. Sometimes I wish I'd just created an avatar with no ass at all, or at least a very fat ass (or is that American ass?) so no one would touch me even if I payed them. Yeah, I guess it's all part of this beautiful planet; my social experience in a world destined to drain my ATM-card.

Last edited:
Thanks for the quote, I wasn't familiar with it - not sure about this bit though :)

[...]
no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should.[...]

Well, all I was asking originally, though this got lost, is what you, player x, would like to see in this forum to make it more connected to how you play.

Nothing mystical, angry, or odd about the OP in fact.

That's the bit I read over again with each VU. A reminder of sorts to look beyond my own personal petty interests and try see the big picture.

The forum now is very different from the way I recall it being when I started in 2006, or perhaps its my perspective that has changed.

Somewhere along the line, the writers and reporters left, and now most threads seem to be whining or conspiracy theories or buying/selling. I miss SirOdd, and Skam, and Donald.

I still have the forum open each day, and while I scan over the titles, I find little that I really want to read in-depth, and even less that I want to comment on. I'll reply mostly to posts asking for specific information, or where someone makes an inaccurate comment that can be easily clarified by reference to info on a website or in another thread.

For the rest, '...Avoid loud and aggressive persons, they are vexatious to the spirit...' seems good advice.

That's the bit I read over again with each VU. A reminder of sorts to look beyond my own personal petty interests and try see the big picture.

The forum now is very different from the way I recall it being when I started in 2006, or perhaps its my perspective that has changed.

Somewhere along the line, the writers and reporters left, and now most threads seem to be whining or conspiracy theories or buying/selling. I miss SirOdd, and Skam, and Donald.

I still have the forum open each day, and while I scan over the titles, I find little that I really want to read in-depth, and even less that I want to comment on. I'll reply mostly to posts asking for specific information, or where someone makes an inaccurate comment that can be easily clarified by reference to info on a website or in another thread.

For the rest, '...Avoid loud and aggressive persons, they are vexatious to the spirit...' seems good advice.

Interesting thoughts,

I agree we need storytellers here, I am not the only one who has been mining in the moonlight and have had fantastical thoughts, hell - it keeps us going. Why not make it more essential to the game instead of a peripheral thing?

And yes vexatious to the spirit: well, I have been one of those IRL and here, and work on it... but you know, wanting some ideal world is always going to make us vexed. Balance.

Nice thoughts Serica, I hope we can follow your philosophy as a community and as a game.

Still not sure about topic..But hey..:)

Nice post Serica and the rest of it as well.

I have been wondering whether it was just me or has the negativeness in posts really increased that much.

I wonder because Eu is changing so rapidly that the forum is having difficulty in keeping up with these changes.

It is difficult to continue on with threads exploring the operating of the game as in next vu it all changes.

This has lead to a lot of the so called whining or conspiracy theories which is sad.

I see nothing changing in the near future until the expansion of the universe slows down and the Dev's start fixing what is there already.

I think we should try and and appreciate more what we do have in all these changes and keep the complaints to a more consructive form.

The forum was pretty much all conspiracy theories and whining when I started playing 2 years ago. I had to request my account be closed in order to be able to enjoy the game. Asking for help here was basically just asking to be conspiracy theoried and trolled ad nauseum by individuals who seemed to think their intellect was only validated by insulting the intelligence of others.

Anyhow once I adjusted my expectations here all was good on that front. But really my initial impressions were that this community was very cutthroat and nasty. And this is coming from a player who spent his time from 1999 to 2008 on VN Boards Darktide forum and Darkfall Onlines Forum (forumfall). Both communities are still largely regarded as hostile gaming communities. At least there though it had a point. The worlds were PvP and the politics on the boards mirrored the rivalries that developed. Here, what's the point of acting smug again?

Im just sayin. ;)

I think it's significant that a "what are your goals" thread just got opened, got a ton of replies, and as Gen Disc threads usually work, got submerged by other threads.

The thread starter was up against it, so what about sections for individual threads?

You know I am promoting my original ideas, yet you know they have value.

Pisses me off that common sense dosen't prevail in the forum, but blind greed wins the day.

Suicide.

La la la-la la la,
Sing a happy song.
La la la-la la la,
Smurf your whole day long.
La la la-la la la
Simple as can be.
Next time you're feeling blue just let a smile begin,
Happy things will come to you...
So smurf yourself a grin!
La la la-la la la,
Now you know the tune,