What frustrates you today in Entropia Universe?

Status
Some ideas and votes

Poll for good ideas from this thread
for voting on official website/EF :coffee:

Label of crafter on items after reaching
BPC unlock, selectively Unl, (L) or both

Built-in AutoScreen & report (if needed) and
Calculator/Notepad; ability 2 play MP3 files :computer:

Better EU storyline consistency and characters.
Please, return ol' good Orbs.. :shower: Missing it.. :coffee:

Chats in wilderness when no one more is around
you (ghostly bug, already described here on EF) :confused:

Native flora using in medkits/whatever crafting
(plants, mushrooms, new stones fits pretty well) :wtg:

Introducing cats & dogs for taming.. Milk & Meat.. :ahh:

Making picking of tent available only for it's owner :cool:

More interface language & support options,
especially UTF-8 implementing for chat msgs

Customisable society ranks/templates update :deal:

Info for new players, like pop-up note with
sociums names which originates from the same
country after going from ship for newcomers.
Noobies searching for natives can be sad 2 see :cry:

Survival Kit for successfull disciples..
Well.. just some handy entry-level gear

Add some more space/land below PvP 4 zone :sniper:
like Willunsong South, maybe, island edge of some kind..

Some more action & usability for Robot Mine area;
Miner Bots traveling to it and back with load, etc.
Shared ideas and my vote for:

Auction's info searching/sorting/caching
along with reminder for last minute call
Concept of PECs using in auction

Coloring/Texturing of separate item fields

Team disband removes all the members health bar's.

Opening of rest Amethera's parts to public + 3rd continent

Lag issue: events, Nea's, Twins, PA, etc.

Relinking from USD to EUR (hey, MindBank) :money:

Bigger Friend List with groups coloring

- Having to remove unlimited amp from limited weapon to repair the amp
- Having to remove limited amp from unlimited weapon to repair the weapon
- Having to remove unlimited plates from limited armor to repair the plates
- Having to remove limited plates from unlimited armor to repair the armor

* Fix;
If you fast switch between fap/pistol and vice versa while clicking a mob you often reload and lose ammo - not sure whether you also lose decay on fap - without shooting/healing.

* Clarification;
Details regarding the actual meaning of "efficiency" in amp mining which is perhaps the only item description in-game without clarity.

* Suggestion;
Allow people to customise certain reactions in-game, such as personal emote preference for global, hof, level gain etc etc..

And the same for lasers/scopes, as mentioned at least in one of above posts :wise:

* when tping anywhere. the direction you are facing when you stop is the opposite of where you were facing when you jumped. for example say: You are in PVP,, a green dot appears. You are facing south to get out and fire up chip. You jump and hit the "run" key. All of a sudden you are facing north and right back into pvp again :) Just a little thing :)

Yeah.. I still don't understand a reason of this.. :scratch2:

To be continued..

*Auction overhaul
*Offline messaging system (maybe limited to just being able to send messages to people on your friends list. or perhaps anyone can send a message for like .1 pec's that way spam is negated.)
*Batch crafting. (Earlier said about the high lvl you are the bigger batch you can make.)
*Improved AI.
*The most obvious of all... Loot distribution. In the recession we are in its obvious current %'s of loot distribution arent in proportion to peoples ability to deposit.
*I know this is a 6th one but lootable clothes again. Not only being looted from high end mobs but something cool. Like an atrox would loot a shirt made from atrox texture. A combibo would loot pants made from combibo skim. that type of stuff. Yes drops on these would be like once every two weeks.

...Just make EU fun again. Thats ALL I want :)

I agreed on most of the things that have been said so far. But there is one thing i would like to focus on.

Mindforce. It badly needs an update. As it is now there are no reason at all to skill in it. For an example, it was, and still is, very disheartening know that someone with the same pro lvl in laser or blp as me would be able to do up to 70 dmg/sec, nearly the double of what i was able to. This is just one of many things in MF that are highly unbalanced. And in the end made me leave PE/EU.

I am back tho. Damn you for keep pulling me back in. :laugh:

ther game play is more or less gorn whit ther wind

skills haw no point only if you pk rest is just out ther dor i will look forvert to se skill haw sum influans agin in game and make eu to a fair game

this is not a loot sucks just so you now

bud after intrudsing L itimes skills ar nothing and ar killing all ther haw skilt for yers and ther more or less all feel ther got cheat her we play ther game to skill to be one of ther bedst bud that point is dead ther is no point eny more to skill up

so i just say let us get the old game play back
and dont se a 3 weeks old player take lik 50k aths wod never happen in old times

+ after all ther L wapens ther ar in eu now ther is no point to skill to level 100 you can get a bunch of guns ther can do more or less ther same and you only ned lik 1/3 of ther skills

marco you haw killt ther skill market tortly to so gratze in that

its not whining its more a confusen what ther game turnes in to
sum you told all it never wud turn in to and you promist it lik a god
so wher is it

1 Mail box in game
me and a frind ar hawing a hunting servic bud its hard to jump from EF to EU all ther time becures ther chat system is so dam old fashion

so we rely ned a mail box in game

Frustrates me:
* Loot
* Loot
* Loot
* Stupid 2x skill events devaluate my skills
* Stupid 2x skill events devaluate my skills

You asked for it... :rolleyes:

-mail/offline trade system(help close a deal in case one of the parties is offline or return an item)
-team mining(team hunting is very fun. why should mining be solo activity?)
-remove flashing white screen when teleporting(very annoying as you have to look away when the bright white screen pops up)
-a contract system between players (you`ve mentioned in an interview saying it`s on the roadmap. I`d like to see it sooner than later-"Will MindArk actively enforce in-game contracts?
MindArk: There will be a contract system that you may not break once entered. Rules will be set up and you won't be able to break them. Something like the game civilization where you sign a deal for example to every year deliver a certain amount of something. And you will have to deliver what you signed to deliver. You won't be able to cheat and in that aspect contracts will hopefully be better in Project Entropia than in real life
.")

Last edited:
Cool :)

Mine would be (as of right this second!!)

1. ability to share estates.
2. Events have no impact!!! (If robots attack something and we can t kill them off they should be able to shut things down like transporters etc.!)
3. Would be nice to have a web interface from within Entropia, so we could check EF without loging out!!!! More of a wish than anything that one ;)

All for now

ciao
Lexxy

Generally speaking imo any Bug that requires a relog should be at the top
of your list, and any bug that forces a ctd should also be there.

* Skill incentives:
There are No unlocks past L100+

* Attributes skillgain.. no chance in hell of catching up
regardless of how active one is.

* weight of items need to be rebalanced/fixed.
brown paint for instance is way too heavy.
and as ammoburn goes up, how about lowering weight of ammo.

* Higher L faps poorly balanced compared to higher end faps(imp/mod)

* Not enough UI options, making some things tedious
and boring, how about:
A) Merge ALL stackables in this subcategory in inventory
B) Merge ALL stackables in this subcategory in storage
C) Move ALL items in this subcategory to storage/box
D) Right click on an Item lets say Jester-D1,
Move all similar items to X (storage/tt/box)
E) Repairing L/unl armor with unl/L plates, is a pain,
don't force the user to manually have to select each armor
and detatch then repair, then attach, tedious and boring.
F) more subcategorys in storage
G) more subcategorys in auction.

* Above.net performance to several isps

ability to share eastes with your mate or perhaps a list of people that can place items in the estate

spread the loot more mob specific (in worth) a mob that cost 1 ped to kill perhaps should loot 100x max the cost to kill so 1 ped mob loot 100 ped
max
if it cost the average player 5 ped to kill it then 500 ped max looot
you could so away wiht more of the no loots this way skills then mean something as you have to skill up to use the better guns to kill the bigger mobs that take more shots to kill there for increasing the income for ma in the ammount of ammo spent people would then naturally want to skill up so they have the chance to hunt the bigger mobs for the bigger loots

do away with L items i can shoot thought 4 koors 400 a day but hate ot hunt feffs to get them so have to pay mark up on them same with the L armors it makes the worth of UL armors nothign any more and allows people that have not skilled up to just put peds in the game and go hunt the big mobs

better flight give me something to look at make the flight interactive in some way or at least give me star trek screen savor of the starts flying past when i go into warp drive

thats it for now thanks for listening

Dragger

This one is long but it adresses complex technical nuissances.

About windowed mode:
*When I log out, EU crashes and I have to close it off manually.

*When I go out and back to EU window, I automatically go to aim mode (without pressing spacebar) and with a single click (instead of two) the avatar starts running on its own accord.

*If you have caps locked and get out, change caps and go back to EU window, the caps are inverted. Minuscules are written like capitals and vice versa.
About chat:
*When you change chat channels, anything you had written dissapears. This is especially frustrating when you write in the wrong channel.​

*When you write in the chat but correct or erase something in the preceding lines, the following lines lose a few letters.​

*Cannot efectively use stresses. System writes instead of é.​

*Can't type the @ when pressing Ctrl+Alt+Q.​

About graphic bugs:
*There is a weird problem when you try to to select a mob from far away. If you click it to drag its HP bar out, you fail to focus on the mob and stop running.

*Every time I log in, my face is completely black (except for facial hair), it takes some time before my face recovers its propper texture.

*The bridge in New Oxford isn't solid in the middle. You fall through the bridge when you're halfway through.

*Bring back stacking items one over another! The best sculptures were done this way! Remember Silva Mak's cage?

About avatars:
*When using emotes, avatars' hands are too far away from the body when they're supposed to be touching it. (I.E. Hands on hips, on face, with crossed arms).

*The Hard Dance move makes avatars stick out the wrong fingers. Instead of using the index and pinky (thumb is optional), they use the pinky and ring fingers.

*No facial expressions! By the way, more postures and dancing moves would be cool! Even a fixed facial expression as well (i.e. Angry face, happy face, sad face, suave face, etc) Even a feature to make a custom posture or dance move would be freakin' fantastic!

*Unrepaired clothes are too boring. Make them rip or put some random holes on them. That'll surely encourage people to purposefully darn them, so they look like fallen warriors or homeless hobos.

*I haven't yet found a staute of me! I thought that a person as vain as me should have his own statue erected in Hadesheim City! :D
For further details consult this comic.

Last edited:
Reduce ATHs back down to the way it was back in the old days... spread the loot around, so that everyone can benefit. No one was ever complaining back then about loot... we were happy with an uber hof of 500 peds... Cost of playing is WAY too high, compared to other games.

The one pec to change armors, clothes, etc should be removed. Seriously, you think we buy the BS that it causes too much strain on the server, so you force us to pay more money? Improve your servers.

Quit nerfing everything after a VU. We want to have fun and progress, not regress and have a miserable time grinding...

Drop more items to make it more affordable for medium skilled players to get to the "uber" status. Seriously, do you think it's reasonable to pay 20-30000USD for an item (the yearly salary of an average Joe)?

More investment opportunities. LAs and malls were great ideas. Now, theirs just too many LAs and lots of people would love to put a nice amount of cash ingame to run some sort of business.

LENDING SYSTEM. This would benefit both MA and the players. Why not allow a player to lend an item or an estate for a fixed amount of time for a certain price? I see a lot of potential with this.

Offline messaging!

another thing i thought about to is this...

more FPC sponsorship for player created events. The only thing that you really help with is WoF and those are the WoF jackets which are very cool.

Heres my idea...

You set aside like .05% or 1% (something like that) of monthly loot given out into a new bucket. Then you let people apply for those funds for their event. Since all the events are talked about here on the forum, in order to qualify for the peds, items w/e, (when i say items i mean like a full set of pixie or something. not a mod fap.) they post what the prize(s) are and what FPA is donating.

This then gives FPC direct sponsorship for the players. Encourages event making so not all the cost is made for the event user. Then gives people more things to do. Anywhere from 500 ME, to a full tt (L) gun for some kind of bigger event.

Thoughts on this ill read later if any. Out of town this weekend.

Good luck and happy hunting. :)

fishing.....;)
cloaking devices........
bring back the flying bug :laugh:
fix the animations for weapon holding
(see sig below)
vvvvvvvvvvvvv

Last edited:
*Auction information.

*Need's breaking down further.

*Three month DATA information needed.

*Six month DATA information needed.

*BADDA BING BADDA BOOMSKI LEE CUMISKEY MAKES IT MORE ACCURATSKI.

Take care.

Regards
Lee

:yay:

i wanna be able to melee things. im takeing going out into the field bare handed no armor no weapons and punching and kicking things.

a way to basically go kill something with out money -_-. i dont even care if it only does a max damage of like 5 or 1 damage even. just wanna be able to do something beside sweat for 5 weeks and get 2 ped out of it. then spend the 2 ped on ammo and get nothing but no money and my armor and weapons damaged more -_- or if you run out of ammo mid hunt you can at least still defend your self.

unarmed i feel is a missing. game needs it. and maybe the damage it does could be equal to your strength skill or something even.
AND you could even do realistic boxing matches. for the ppl that dont wanna pvp cuz with costs them to much money. ppl could even bet on the matches and stuff.

i feel its a very good idea.

Hello Marco

The most Player are very surprised about such
a Posting from you. Maybe you have found the
Answer on your Question allready with that ;)

Greetings - Zwarka

Dear MindArk,

what irritates me most is the fact that hundreds of people have written you a proposals of changes and in feedback from You received always same template email! If you guys at least spend some time reading it, you could make your own list what you can implement with ease and give us that list to vote to set priorities. I could again write you some ideas but i am not going to get again mail: "we forwarded your email to programming department bla bla bla...",

your addicted player,
Hetman

Dear MindArk,

what irritates me most is the fact that hundreds of people have written you a proposals of changes and in feedback from You received always same template email! If you guys at least spend some time reading it, you could make your own list what you can implement with ease and give us that list to vote to set priorities. I could again write you some ideas but i am not going to get again mail: "we forwarded your email to programming department bla bla bla...",

your addicted player,
Hetman

lol.. no shit.. did you guys trashbin all that stuff that was forwarded on to the design team?

* auction items should be sortable by each column that is available so we can search by lowest price/percent markup, alphabetically when looking for a specific item, etc.

* change the number of digits before applying the k in thousand stacks. personally I'd like to see this start at 10k so we would be able to see four digits instead of just three

* improve the interface for coloring and texturizing so that we do not have to break our stacks down every time we want to color something. allow us to put the whole stack of paint/texture in then give us a field where we can determine how many units to use.

* eliminate the necessity of detaching all attachments when wanting to change one of the attachments on a weapon. example: I have a gun with an amp, a scope and two lasers; my amp dies. I don't want to have to detach all items, I just want to drop my new amp on my gun and it will automatically swap out the old damaged amp with the new working amp. this is already something that is in place with putting clothes and armor on. i.e. you are asked if you want to remove your beret to put your helmet on.

* put the condition bar of the item/tool/weapon you are using next to its name in the UI along with any attachments that are on it.

* give us in-game email or messaging system so we can send friends or others messages when they are not online.

* give us a rental system for items/weapons/tools/armor

* give us the ability to batch craft and/or a built-in auto-clicker. personally I prefer the batch craft.

that's just a few off the top of my head.

Last edited:
Most frustrating:

Item Busy message.

Chat Focus

No Auction search.

No decent shops directory.

Windows which dont stay where i put them, ie map inventory etc.

The map is just lame.

BLP Rifle recoil is backwards.

Team looting options do not behave as they are described.

There are no loot messages in beacon mission.

No loot spliting options on beacon mission.

Having to push P for position, would like real time position display.

Item in use does not display condition info in HUD.

The Info button when entering and leaving LA's (what Deathifier said).

Missed shots without knowing why, get rid of the randomness and make hit boxes smaller or something, smaller boxes for lower skill level.

The loot window in general, would like option to use loot messages, like when on team.

I think Marco was asking for suggestions on how to improve existing features to remove any "annoyance factor" NOT a massive wishlist of desired new features, content, etc. (that's what the Wishlist forum is for).

For me, the most annoying aspects of current existing features that I hope to see improved:

• Pointer/Keyboard Focus - As mentioned by many others, lots of actions cause the chat window to lose focus, which reactives keyboard hotkeys, and results in many windows (e.g map, friends list, options menu, etc.) opening unexpectedly.
  • Windowed Mode Focus - Whenever you do something in a window outside of Entropia, when you come back the mouse randomly selects and drags items, or opens menus.
  • Auction - Ability to sort all of the columns (most importantly price and markup).
  • Ship Location - The estate deed of a spaceship hanger should show not only the coordinates of the hangar itself (which never moves), but also the current location of the ship (i.e. CND Docking Level 3, Bay 14). If a pilot forgets the location of the ship (especially on CP), it can take an hour or more to find it.
  • Pricing Items in Shops - The current method is extremely tedious and time consuming for shopowners. It would be great if all identical items could be priced the same. Perhaps a "Price All" option.
  • Private Messaging - This area needs a complete overhaul. The new version should include: status (available/hunting/do not disturb/invisible etc.), offline messaging, contact groups and larger contact list. Also, it should be possible to remove yourself from another participant's contact list (a permanent ignore user feature so that they cannot see when you are online).

There are of course dozens of other improvements and adjustments that could make the Entropia experience more efficient and enjoyable. I just thought I'd share a few of those that irk me quite often ;)

ooo, its tricky. what frustrates me the most, while avoiding the wish list. ok:

locked in-use items many have raised the "this item cannot be equiped..." issue. a follow on is that items become locked as in use when they are clearly not. if im using rifle Y, then clearly i cannot have rifle X in use, so why does it remain locked as an in use status? any equiped item should by default release all others. This has led to me logging off many times and not returning to EU for a while/day(s), so is probably most important from your point of view.

Transparancy bug why is the Inventory and other interfaces semi-transparent so that clicks register through to the background? Quick win fix.

Refocus when in chat I double click to run to a tp and chatting while on route, when i arrive chat focus is lost. theres a simple <RTN> toggle on chat, stick to it regardless of other interface pop ups. A follow on from this is the undocumented <tab> feature to cycle through window options, please allow us to disable this (tab is a nice fire button for us old schoolers :silly2:)

Armour Equip right, so you wanted to discourage switching/swaping of armour and cloths to reduce server load. but you've charged us and placed a time delay. have your cake and eat it. only one is necessary and consistant with the original aim. since armour decays anyway, it should be free to equip. if i have to pay to equip armour it should be instant.

daily uber-uber loots EU is not a lottery or gambling. so than why does it feel like it? why do i login and see a five figure hunting loot going to a crafter or a complete noob getting a mining uber Hof? the relationship between skill in a profession and chance of a big hit seems skewed away from those who have invested time and/or money, to those who are lucky or grinding away at easyish mobs. make skills and/or equipment mean something. moreover, ATH should be a rare event, not near daily. meanwhile many complain of poor returns on hunts. Please smooth out the peaks and troughs.

after all that, wishlist...

* improve the map, name the LAs by number (maybe even current owner) surely must be a quick win. also better zoom options and fix so one can select Akmuul Island when zoomed out.

* merge to storage option. when in storage, option on inventory to merge to storage and auto stack to any existing there already.

* review loot weights. in particular brown paint and animal hides. why should i have to pay for crafters decay by refining hides all the time?

* decent anti-grav boxes. the current one offers what 10% weight saving? lets have really anti-grav, if a lucky miner or hunter wants to stay in the field for 3 hours, provide the them the tools to do so. and then allow the crafters to actually make the thing for a decent price so we can buy for sensible markup.

* Auction improvements. watchlist (with out having to bid), search and sort.

Last edited:
Dont have the answer what to do but I dont think this is fun anymore :rolleyes:

sorry...

Getting very bad return for 1-2hours ending up losing over 400-500ped minimum to see a XXXXX hof/ath pop on chat.

Im against paying for those loots. Pay it with your own decay incomes or dont make the hof so big.

Having the pleasure to not constantly deposit and do it to really buy gears or stuff you want to enjoy the game should be the priority. Losing money to only see it redirected to someone having less skills or someone who is at is 2nd or 3rd XXXXX loot is not fun.

Conclusion :

stop awarding big XXXXX loot that are paid by the playing community, its so obvious when such a loot going to pop that some player just stop playing and others lose even more to pay for. When i log i want to have fun, i dont want to play based on "when its time to play"(aka, after big hof so loot is back to normal)...

MORE 2000peds loot less 20000 ones. 10x more ppl happy :laugh: :yay: :wtg:

One of the main things in my vision for Planet Calypso is "Frustration Elimination". With that I mean small or big things that annoys or frustrates a Calypso participant, may it be interface, how a system works, how a button operates, how a screen looks, etc. I have a list myself already, but I am interested in what you find the most annoying - from a, let call it, a technical/logical side. Please refrain from statements like "loot sucks" and similar. Let's be constructive and give us some good feedback on what to polish and correct in the future.

Suggestion - do a short five point bullet list with a brief explaination if the topic is difficult to understand. No essays please. If someone else already has written about something you also are annoyed with, please state it again so we can weigh it.

Example:

* Action buttons to indistinct - add more color
* No Search in Auction
* xxxx
* yyy
* zzz

I think Marco was asking for suggestions on existing features that could be improved to remove "annoyance factor" not a massive wishlist of desired new features, content, etc. (that's what the Wishlist forum is for).

He was asking for suggestions but he was also asking for frustration elimination. Several people have asked for in game calculators and offline messaging systems for example - they dont exist currently but both my previous MMO's had them - just because it doesnt exist doesnt mean it isnt worth asking for.

Plenty of people have posted more than 5 points and a few have posted what may be termed 'essays' - thats feedback and passion for you though. You ask for feedback, you get feedback ;)

No particular order:

1. This item cannot be equiped-bug

2. Uneven loot distribution, too high cost to play for the average Joe if he wants to see some kind of progression/goal to keep him playing.

3. Seems most item drop rates are bugged because nearly nobody loots any interesting items anymore that he can actually use.

4. Rubberbanding

5. When starting to type and realising it's the wrong chat changing the chat deletes all text that was already entered.

• Windowed Mode Focus - Whenever you do something in a window outside of Entropia, when you come back the mouse randomly selects and drags items, or opens menus.

OH YES!

and that reminds me of the Focus Change when there is any incoming Chat Request or Trade or Team Request and you accidentally T , exit Entropia, open tousand little windows, run or jump around :rolleyes:

so, 5 points for less frustrate:

1 i can turn of global chat, but not hof chat, and sometimes, this can be very frustating

2 we all say yes to ToU and eula every day before starting playing, but some players still use secondary avatars, autoclics.....

3 fl is to short, and may have new options like auto answer when busy , mail box

4 entropia universe is free to play, maybe better if we had some free things to do (and i don't expect earning peds from a free activity, just having fun)

5 open closed parts of amethera, and divide in little land areas, weak and new players would also have a chance to be owner of a land area

What frustrates you today in Entropia Universe?

Example:

* Action buttons to indistinct - add more color
* No Search in Auction
* xxxx
* yyy
* zzz

Some that pop into mind:

* This item is currently busy and can not be accessed
* really could do with a much improved map, and option to include mining claims on radar, etc.
* lack of functionality in auction (ie. lack of search, sort, etc) and inconvenience of malls (ie. would like mall contents to be searchable too - trawling through 100 shops in the three malls looking for something specific is very frustrating).
* annoying window-focus issues as mentioned by a few people above
* chat window and FL could do with some rework, being able to message offline people on FL would be very useful too
* improve event system, there's a number of very simple improvements that have been requested by the part of the community involved in events. Some things (like keep event scoreboard open after the end, and extend the number of people listed on the scoreboard and list their event points, etc) are really simple and can't possibly take a significant amount of time to implement but could have a big impact on people's enjoyment of events.

Anyway, nice move on this one Marco. It's important to get these little things sorted. When they work well they go unnoticed, but when they're not going well they can really affect your gameplay negatively.

To take a positive example, the vast improvement to how storage works in EU may go largely unnoticed (by me at least) but if it was a mess it'd certainly get noticed. I can store 300+ stacked items and it all feels organised, I know where everything is, etc. In another game, I can have 50 items in storage and feel like it's just a huge disorganised mess.

Last edited:
Status
Back