Question: What mob to hunt?

Society
GunAholics
Sunab Kal Naverith
Making my whining as minimum as possible, I've hunted dozens of things, all over Eudoria/Amethera/CP/CND, and not had a single profit session in many MANY months. Down to the dregs here, and desperate. Finally decided I'm going to *possibly* deposit a couple hundred bucks, and camp a single mob exclusively.

I have the following gear available:
Full Armor sets:
Nemesis
Gremlin
Vigilante
Shogun
Pixie
(random full sets of plates including 6A, 6B, 5B)

Weaponry:
Foxtrot ME
Justi MkIII
EP41
FreanD Delta
1x Dante
1x Beast
2x A104 amps
MkVME (which a socm8 is loaning to me)

Faps:
EK2600
EK2350
Fap50
random crap faps (5, 28, 15, etc)

I've been using the MkVME almost exclusively now, w/A104 (I know A106 is more "eco" by a couple tenths of a pec, but full amp decay cost is ~11 ped more, with almost no real change in DPS for my level). According to entropedia, decay on gun/amp combo is ~64.68 ped (22,642 rounds fired) for a total cost of 331.10 per full amp run.
I'm looking to do that per run. What mobs would you suggest that I camp? I was hoping someone would have a good suggestion for something which has a good MU item in their drop, but I haven't had any such luck lately.

Oh and because I know you'll ask, my profession levels are:
BLP:
Hit, rifle - lvl 45
Hit, pistol - lvl 43
Dmg - lvl 43

Laser:
Hit, rifle - lvl 45
Hit, pistol - lvl 43
Dmg - lvl 43

Evader lvl 26
Paramedic lvl 26

Ya, pretty well balanced lol.

Thanks ahead of time for any help you folks can give - it will be well appreciated! OH and if any suggestions give me an uberhof, I'll give the suggestee 2k EFD :D. Would give out more, but bank gives crap interest rate :(
:laugh:

At that level I have been hunting small Formis on Rei's Land north of Nea's and small Neconus on Ex-Equus Ranch NW of Nate. Also Mining Bots occasionally, back then the spawn was quite decent.

But since I am a depositor those choices don't qualify for a "profitable" hunting, lol. As always its been mostly losing, sometimes small, sometimes big, sometimes winning small, sometimes winning smaller and still chasing something over 2k hunting loot :D

clear thing ( that u will complain )

but i would say hunt faucerix :D they drop viking parts i would buy :laugh: and ya ofc they drop bad loot but any does so :scratch2:

ya hunt faucerix and pm me when u looted some parts :rolleyes:

If everything all fails... i would camp drones east of Jason for a bit. Unplated vigilante so some fapping now and then. I know some people might say take a different armor there but... It all comes down to FAP decay vs. armor decay. Justy mkVME has a low decay but still u have lowish eco on it due to only lvl45 hit and even more due to lvl43 dmg, dunno how that will work. If i had a weapon like that, i would never buy (L) weps anymore.

If everything all fails... i would camp drones east of Jason for a bit. Unplated vigilante so some fapping now and then. I know some people might say take a different armor there but... It all comes down to FAP decay vs. armor decay. Justy mkVME has a low decay but still u have lowish eco on it due to only lvl45 hit and even more due to lvl43 dmg, dunno how that will work. If i had a weapon like that, i would never buy (L) weps anymore.

My three unvoiced choices were probably going to be:
Drones, East of Jason
Argonauts, (wherever, probably S of Nymph)
or Molisks (probably the LA south of Oshiri - that place rocks!).

My evasion is such that atrox/argos/molisks don't hit that often. Only thing I have to fear from either are the top echilon. Molisk leaders sorta HURT (140+ dmg, I only have 145 hp!). During the 3x skilling event last year, I made a habit of diving headlong into giant groups of drones, and went from 200 dodge to nearly 2k dodge in <1 week (among other skilling practices). Drones miss a fair amount, and any combo of my armors can work... shogun with/without 3B/6A, nemesis 3B/6A, vigi 3B/6A. If it weren't for the downtime of healing with a Fap5/T1, I'd hunt them naked (still too nooby for that, sadly).

As for the MkVME - even at my level, it's the most eco thing I can lay my hands on, period. Nearly 2.6 (according to Entropedia) eco with my skills, higher than anything else I can get - even L weaponry (counting in MU). The only OTHER option I can think of, is that I might be going TOO eco for my stage, and I've just gotta blow K's and K's of ammo/decay? Wouldn't that be funny as hell... :(
I do know that if I had the money RL to buy this gun (MkVME) I would. This thing is awesomeness of the most extreme. It gives me a taste of what an Imk2 is like, and that just makes me wish harder for me to try to find SOME frakkin' way to profit so I could afford one... and I don't mean in "skill value" or 10 ped here, 5 ped here (after 1k+ hunts).

Forget the trox, no real markup in thoose.. And it's kinda hard in the long run to profit on tt :).

Try hunting for markup, go for small Formidons, they should be great with youre setup. LR59 is decent markup (last time i checked) and they can hof quite good.

So go there and camp 'em.. Remember, 2-3bad runs is covered by 1 big lr59.

GL
/Faith

Id say find a drone/warrior spawn. Drones have the steady supply of gazz, warriors have some 130-140% (last i checked) MU armor bits, making for a steady supply of MU-wares, while still being able to dream for those angel parts :)

I'd recommend either the troy bots or the ones far NE of Twin (past the troopers).

GL wherever you decide to go! :)

As for the MkVME - even at my level, it's the most eco thing I can lay my hands on, period. Nearly 2.6 (according to Entropedia) eco with my skills, higher than anything else I can get - even L weaponry (counting in MU).

there are many (L) options available at your level that will be, both, more eco (counting in MU), _and_ more powerful. are you sure you did your calcs correctly? just one example: HL8 (L) + 104

migth be true, MK5ME is is REALLY eco ^^

I don't think it really matters what mob u hunt, u will probably lose alot since your weapon isn't very eco with your skills. On the other hand I have no idea how loot works, maybe it adjusts or something?

OT: U might wanna try scips, they drop some HL11(L) I think

Last edited:
My Opinion

Making my whining as minimum as possible, I've hunted dozens of things, all over Eudoria/Amethera/CP/CND, and not had a single profit session in many MANY months. Down to the dregs here, and desperate. Finally decided I'm going to *possibly* deposit a couple hundred bucks, and camp a single mob exclusively.

I have the following gear available:
Full Armor sets:
Nemesis
Gremlin
Vigilante
Shogun
Pixie
(random full sets of plates including 6A, 6B, 5B)

Weaponry:
Foxtrot ME
Justi MkIII
EP41
FreanD Delta
1x Dante
1x Beast
2x A104 amps
MkVME (which a socm8 is loaning to me)

Faps:
EK2600
EK2350
Fap50
random crap faps (5, 28, 15, etc)

I've been using the MkVME almost exclusively now, w/A104 (I know A106 is more "eco" by a couple tenths of a pec, but full amp decay cost is ~11 ped more, with almost no real change in DPS for my level). According to entropedia, decay on gun/amp combo is ~64.68 ped (22,642 rounds fired) for a total cost of 331.10 per full amp run.
I'm looking to do that per run. What mobs would you suggest that I camp? I was hoping someone would have a good suggestion for something which has a good MU item in their drop, but I haven't had any such luck lately.

Oh and because I know you'll ask, my profession levels are:
BLP:
Hit, rifle - lvl 45
Hit, pistol - lvl 43
Dmg - lvl 43

Laser:
Hit, rifle - lvl 45
Hit, pistol - lvl 43
Dmg - lvl 43

Evader lvl 26
Paramedic lvl 26

Ya, pretty well balanced lol.

Thanks ahead of time for any help you folks can give - it will be well appreciated! OH and if any suggestions give me an uberhof, I'll give the suggestee 2k EFD :D. Would give out more, but bank gives crap interest rate :(
:laugh:

i dont know dude, but that 2600 fap is enough to make me see how much u are really loosing, because i used to use one of them and the decay will kill you on a bad hunt. sure those are great emergency faps, but i switched back to L faps, and i see the difference in my ped card during bad trips.

unlimited weapons + unlimited 2600 fap = very bad

so if i remember correctly, your level 43 would make an unlimited gun somewhere around 60% hit rate?

duno man, dps or not, thats like a gang banger taking a automatic and trying to do a drive by.

so L guns are a bit slower yah, but you atleast hit them 90% of the time with 10/10 HA.

L gun + L fap = more ped on the ped card

Arf

jdegre said:
there are many (L) options available at your level that will be, both, more eco (counting in MU), _and_ more powerful. are you sure you did your calcs correctly? just one example: HL8 (L) + 104

Well, ya I didn't put L weaponry into that category, because in order to afford something I'd have to lay out a decent chunk of money, and then there is the ammo usage. Almost all of the L weaponry I can use, burns something like 15+ ammo, relatively slow - and at a shorter range than the MkVME (counting in reduction in fap/armor decay with the long range of th MkVME).
I'd rather (f.ex.) depo 1500 ped and only have to spend a couple hundred on repairs, and leave the rest for ammo, than depo 1500, have to spend ~500 of it for a good L weapon, and end up burning the rest of it within a couple of hunts.

MaxArfPower said:
i dont know dude, but that 2600 fap is enough to make me see how much u are really loosing, because i used to use one of them and the decay will kill you on a bad hunt. sure those are great emergency faps, but i switched back to L faps, and i see the difference in my ped card during bad trips.

unlimited weapons + unlimited 2600 fap = very bad

so if i remember correctly, your level 43 would make an unlimited gun somewhere around 60% hit rate?

duno man, dps or not, thats like a gang banger taking a automatic and trying to do a drive by.

so L guns are a bit slower yah, but you atleast hit them 90% of the time with 10/10 HA.

L gun + L fap = more ped on the ped card

Arf

Well, that's the gear I *currently* have. I also forgot (dur...) to list the Fap50 that I have and mostly use. I can use the Vivo T20, and do regularly - when I can afford one. But the main point of the mobs I'm looking at hunting is that I DON'T have to heal that regularly. Hell, I can hunt ambu youngs and outside of a crit, only have to heal about every 5th or 6th ambu I kill. The 2600 has turned into the "oh shit I need bigger heals NOW" fap. Hoping (ha ha) in the future to be able to afford at least an adj fap. Only thing I hate about the Vivo faps is their 20/minute heals. Too damned slow, just about anything hits me once or twice during it's recharge.
As for hit rate/dmg done, I ran this test with my socm8 on more than one occasion, up at CP:
Him with 485/Dante, me with MkVME/A104 (Elkarr scope, 2x Alekz Lasers) - the dmg loot split was regularly 48%/52%, or right damn on 50%/50%. We swapped weapons (he has ~60 pro level) and the split only altered his way 1% on average loot. So even for my level, I seem to do really good with the MkVME in terms of hit rate/dmg done, especially if I can keep up with a nearly max amped Apis 485.

no, its nearer 84%. the difference between 0HA and 10HA has been worked out to be 80%-91%. now in practice, we seldom see this sort of hit rate due to lag etc, but those issues affect maxed in the same way so can be ignoreed for comparison.

I tend to think a bit differently. I would say go for atrox just because there seems to be a better chance at getting a big tt loot than many other mobs since they are hunted nearly to extinction on a daily basis. I have a feeling that camping any mob exclusively is going to result in losses. EU seems to work in a way that the more you decay or spend the more likely you`ll get something back. And also the more you grind or strive the worse you do making it beneficial to switch things up when the tides turn. I go from mining to hunting frequently and it seems to keep me moving in the right direction. You say you are not looking for 10ped or so profit at a time. But sorry to say that is probably the best way to make profit in the long run. You seem to want the quick. And in EU the only quick way is either to buy it or to get lucky. MA relies on that to induce people to keep depositing either to keep chasing what they are after or keep trying for that big loot. I`d rethink your motivations and strategies before I would be looking for "the mob" to hunt that will be your magic bullet. There is`nt one period.

The only possible magic bullet in my eyes would be to find the one decent markup item that MA wants a steady supply of ingame and be one of those people that is the looter in the supply chain. I did that for almost a solid year on feff looting h400`s before they changed the drops. While not getting any huge profits I played all that time for no deposits and gained quite a bit of skills. Sadly that method is also harder than it used to be since there are so many more choices in looted items that go into circulation everyday.

Your a long time player. Use you instincts, use the force. That should be your best weapon in EU! Good luck!

Last edited:
Hi

My option will be : Aurli/Kreltin with 2k ped ammo,
Hogglo with 1.5k ped ammo,
Scipulor 1k ped ammo.
Those are my options,or at least what i want to hunt when i will get ped :p.
GL

I tend to think a bit differently. I would say go for atrox just because there seems to be a better chance at getting a big tt loot than many other mobs since they are hunted nearly to extinction on a daily basis. I have a feeling that camping any mob exclusively is going to result in losses. EU seems to work in a way that the more you decay or spend the more likely you`ll get something back. And also the more you grind or strive the worse you do making it beneficial to switch things up when the tides turn. I go from mining to hunting frequently and it seems to keep me moving in the right direction.

I have too, within my budget. Swapped mobs/professions, that is. Regularly. If you look through my post history, you'll find (somewhere...) I posted a synopsis a few weeks/month or so back of what's happened with me since Nov of last year. I have hunted EVERYTHING within my skill range (and a few things outside... that hurt! lol). I've mined places that I can handle quite easily with my skills, and done crafting on things like springs/etc (again, within my skill range).
This would be easier in the long run if EVERY SINGLE THING I did, DIDN'T give me a STEADY regular "average" return of ~60%. I'm not talking on a single run, I'm talking over the course of a few runs.
For example:
I spend 200 ped ammo on atrox, get back 150 ped TT, but have ~60 ped decay. -110 return
Next hunt on atrox, spend 200 ped, get back 320 ped, so on ~60 ped decay, have +60. Still -50
Next hunt could be on ANYTHING. I could go hunting atrox when there are 5 globals a second on them. Could be amidst the largest spawn herd from whence ALL the globals/hofs are coming from. And I get <60% return.

The ONLY thing that (occasionally) kept me going was *rarely* looting something with a greater than 105% markup (ped card isn't regularly big enough to keep stockpiling K's and K's of hides/wools so I don't get hosed on listing fees).
And yes, it was the same (or worse) on mining/crafting. It was like the program was set to, even WITH markup for the ores/enmats/crafted items, that my return would be ~65%.

You say you are not looking for 10ped or so profit at a time. But sorry to say that is probably the best way to make profit in the long run. You seem to want the quick. And in EU the only quick way is either to buy it or to get lucky. MA relies on that to induce people to keep depositing either to keep chasing what they are after or keep trying for that big loot. I`d rethink your motivations and strategies before I would be looking for "the mob" to hunt that will be your magic bullet. There is`nt one period.

lol, if I wanted the quick way, I would have been out of here a while ago. I had figured (as many have, I think) that if I spend hundreds of thousands of rounds hunting something, I could at least EXPECT something even "decent" to drop to me. Last 5 runs to CP have been horrid for me (2k+ ped in ammo, usually more). Sure, a couple small ESI's (seriously, I didn't know <10 ped ESI's could drop!), but MA/FPC screwed the pooch for hunters when they made alien parts drop so much that it destroyed the market for them. I know guys that TT all their alien parts, because it just isn't worth it to sell them for 103%~105%, when listing fees make it ~101%.
I don't WANT the "quick way". Sure, I wouldn't mind hitting an "OMFG NEW #1 ATH!" (got some dental work that needs paying for, anyway) - I want at least SOMETHING to make me want to log in more than once a week now. I'd like it like I used to - pick a mob to hunt, get a decent average return (80%+) and be pleasantly surprised when you got a global. Not have to beg and pray to god that you WOULD get that swirlie, as it's the ONLY way you could hope to get a profit on that run, let alone the compilation of your runs!

The only possible magic bullet in my eyes would be to find the one decent markup item that MA wants a steady supply of ingame and be one of those people that is the looter in the supply chain. I did that for almost a solid year on feff looting h400`s before they changed the drops. While not getting any huge profits I played all that time for no deposits and gained quite a bit of skills. Sadly that method is also harder than it used to be since there are so many more choices in looted items that go into circulation everyday.

That's why I'm asking what I'm asking in this thread. I'm not asking for people to, ya know, give me their hunting secrets (plz? :D), but I'd like some input from the regular players - what would be a good mob to camp for MY skill level.

Your a long time player. Use you instincts, use the force. That should be your best weapon in EU! Good luck!

I remember Marco said something about the loot being controlled by The Force... but I'll be damned if my mitochlorian count is too low to make use of it!

I think your main problem is lack of eco. With the MKVME+A104 at your skills your eco is only 2.572, and DPS is 40.3. If you were looking for something with similar DPS you could use the HL8 (L). Your DPS would be upped to 43, and your eco up to 2.806.

This saves you an average of 35 pec per atrox kill, as it would cost 4 ped to do 1030 dmg with your MKVME (about what it would take to kill a young) and only 3.66 ped to kill with the HL8. On a 400 ped hunt you can save 35 ped, or kill an extra 10 atrox for free, which is almost a 10% boost in your return. After cycling through 100k ped in a few months worth of hunting you can save 10k ped just from the difference in eco.

The HL8 does have less range, but you only lose about 3-4 shots, which might let the atrox hit you once, resulting in what, 3 pec decay? Totally worth it. And if you do like the range then pick up an lr48 which is 2.773 eco and 40.9 DPS.

For the mob choices I would go with anything that drops (L) items in globals or minies. Like Scipulor, Formidon, Mulmun, Muluk-Hir, Cersumon, Frescoquda, Furor, Kingfishers, etc etc.

Atrox - are you counting in markup on those L items in the eco you are stating? I can't duplicate your numbers on entropedia...

Hmm

Well try Gremlin + 5b using your Millitary amped north of New Oxfort vs Armax.

You would do better using a Korss/P5/Scorf or any other L gun maxed at your level.

This uL weapons are real nice fun guns, I use the millitary myself, but for profit .... forget it!

Atrox - are you counting in markup on those L items in the eco you are stating? I can't duplicate your numbers on entropedia...

Yes I am counting the markups, and used entropedia aswell. To be sure the markups were being counted I changed them around and the eco did change. The results there based on 150% for HL11, 130% for HL8 is, although HL8 has gone up to 135% which I didn't notice, and 124% for the LR48. Using UL weapons at your level isn't worth it unfortunately, even if you had an MM it would be better to pay 200% on an (L) weapon.

I didn't see electric armor in your list, but i want to throw bristlehogs as a suggestion.

I also want to suggest big daikiba (your armors you own will fit them)

Good luck.

Yes I am counting the markups, and used entropedia aswell. To be sure the markups were being counted I changed them around and the eco did change. The results there based on 150% for HL11, 130% for HL8 is, although HL8 has gone up to 135% which I didn't notice, and 124% for the LR48. Using UL weapons at your level isn't worth it unfortunately, even if you had an MM it would be better to pay 200% on an (L) weapon.

I guess my problem with that is how much I've got to pay to get a good valued HL8 (~400 ped for a full TT one, if my math served me right). I don't have an unlimited budget, and my plan originally was to deposit 100~200 bucks (FINAL deposit before CE2, unless I hit the RL lottery), so that there is about a 1/4 of my deposit. That's what I hate about L weapons. You have to shell out a shit ton of peds for a gun that's going to break, and in 95% of my experience with L weapons, I have not made it back.

I may make this last gamble, you do post some good information about eco/cost regarding your weapon choices. Now just to narrow it down to a specific mob... :-/. (btw thank you all so far for your mob suggestions)

Back