• diffrent choice of armour

Votes: 14 12.8%

• Total voters

madman

Prowler
Society
NBK
omar madman goolie
what armour should i buy with 9k spare peds, im currenlty grinding trox mission and when finished heading too cp for kreltin mission. male avatar but doo need more evade before cp run

Jaguar seems pretty good if it stays within that price range.

Though honestly, for those mobs, Gremlin is all you need.

use limited armour..bear/boar/jag parts that are around or under 110% beats the unlimited counterparts

use limited armour..bear/boar/jag parts that are around or under 110% beats the unlimited counterparts

was looking too invest a little, and dont think prices will go any lower, so mabey be worth a bit more in the future, L armour might be a good choice though and give me 9k peds grinding cash, could invest in some evade with L armour too

Phantom... much cheaper than those other armours and just as good.

Gremlin as first choice,Phantom as second choice(good for othermobs to) next step is uber armor imo.Have used Tiger,Jaguar and not much diffrent from Phantom,Tiger and Jaguar are way to overprice but good looking,but waste of ped imo.

//WL

save up for another year or two and buy Sentinel.

few years and MA will have prices sky high again prob, need a average too good set now while its cheep, the prob i have with phantom is its low acid points but does the impact make up for it at CP ?

"Average to Good"

If you just want to burn the PED now to get something in that ballpark, then everyone will have a slightly different opinion for you, and the real answer as to what is best for you will depend on how much spare PED over and above the 9K you will have left for ammo etc, and what you hunt after the Kreltin.

We see the scale goes basically
Armor----Stb-Cut-Imp-Acd--Price
Gremlin: 11 9 15 12 ~ TT + 200
Bear: 15 15 17 3 ~ TT +1400
Boar: 16 16 19 4 ~ TT + 3200
Jaguar: 17 20 22 6 ~ TT + ... close to your limit?

Atrox are all Stab / Cut / Impact, weighted a bit towards Impact
Kreltin are Imp / Acid, weighted also towards Impact, but with a significant amount of acid as they go up.

If you want to go quickly on the Atrox then it's hard to beat Bear for value given that it's 47 Prot there, vs Gremlin at 35... But if your Evade is enough that Atrox aren't bothering you that much even in Gremlin, then Gremlin at 37 protection for Kreltin can't be beaten even by Jaguar.

All the non-Gremlin armour obviously has investment value in their flexibility and versatility as they are stacked with Penetration as well as Burn for ranged protection as well as the even spread on the Physical stack.

Gremlin suffers on the lack of ranged protection but is clearly a solid choice for the specific 2 mobs you mention.

If you want a general, all-round nice armour, then I'd recommend you the Boar, or of course the Jag if you can afford it...

But for what you've said you want for the mobs, Gremlin seems financially sounder.

Gremlin + 5B is always a good choice for its price, but I would definitely recommend staying away from (L) and make the investment. The amount of money I have spent on (L) armor in the last few years could have bought me an Angel set UL. Now I'm in Tiger UL and don't have to worry about constant upkeep on parts with the added MU. But if you want to throw some PEDs around just look for a solid Boar or Jaguar set if you can.

was looking too invest a little, and dont think prices will go any lower, so mabey be worth a bit more in the future, L armour might be a good choice though and give me 9k peds grinding cash, could invest in some evade with L armour too

embrace the "new" reality that is L entropia.
get yourself some plates and something like bear/boar L for your regular hunting, maybe some low TT parts of the L armours that protect against more exotic damage, most parts are around 105% or so, you could even get a better set of L armour like jag to use for special occasions and still have peds left for grinding. due to the increased durability of L its possible to spend a little on markup and still be more eco than the UL stuff.
i dont know about investing in evade, to me it still seems a bit of a waste to pay that kind of markup if you dont mind skilling up patiently.

gremlin + 5b + 8k evade chip haha, i think ill go with the gremlin as it did me very well iin the past, the atrox dont bother me that much and if im heading too cp then the gremlin is the most sence for money

gremlin + 5b + 8k evade chip haha, i think ill go with the gremlin as it did me very well iin the past, the atrox dont bother me that much and if im heading too cp then the gremlin is the most sence for money

I wouldn't recommend buying any evade honestly, the increase in mobs missing you isn't a steady gain as you increase evade levels. I had thought about buying some myself until I read into it on Entropedia. Doesn't seem worth it. Keeps the PEDs for ammo cycling and repairs.

Jaguar UL?

Waste imo... Use the (L) parts instead and cycle peds :)

Would go for Grem+5B for the 2 mobs you mention!

You won't be over protected with Gremlin and personnaly i prefer to be a little bit less protected and use fap as fapping decay give me skill when armor decay don't give any skills

Grem + evade
Or
Jaguar

I wouldn't recommend buying any evade honestly, the increase in mobs missing you isn't a steady gain as you increase evade levels. I had thought about buying some myself until I read into it on Entropedia. Doesn't seem worth it. Keeps the PEDs for ammo cycling and repairs.

I know i use too have lvl 56 evade last time i played and my repair costs were simmilar too mu hunting partner that was 24-25 at the time. was joking about chipping, been their wont doo it again, just trying too balance out the investment too burning the peds on skilling up,

(small) trox are not the problem. do them in (Adj) Pixie and whatever plates you need at your level (2A, 5B, ...)

if you plan on going to CP - Gremlin+5B is good enough for domes 1+2 IF
- you have whatever evader level is appropriate. i think i remember reading somthing about 32-35ish
- AND can survive crits (150+ish HP at least on Aurli, Krelts aren't as bad)

Grem+5B is great for a lot of other mobs too, so i'd recommend one anyways as standard equipment.

Jaguar is a GREAT armor - i had one for 2 years - but if you're hunting stuff that you really need it for you're probably too "noob" for the mob and it will cost you badly (Chompers, Scips, Spiders, ...). I speak from experience here :wise:

Other choices that come to mind ...

Ghoul ... hard to get and sadly pricy because of that. Also doesn't have Acid Protection, but that's about its only flaw in that range of armours.

Phantom - the "smaller" much cheaper Ghoul - but also no Acid

Ghost - good, cheap allrounder - but also no acid :girl:

Depends on how set you are on CP i guess :rolleyes:

from my own eperience:
i used to keep 8 UL armours in storage for various purposes. That inlcuded Jaguar, Gremlin, Ghost, Shogun, Pixie, Gnome, Vigilante and one i obviously forgot plus several plating sets. I then condluded that i don't need as many and downgraded to just Gremlin and Adjusted Pixie + 5B and 6A, which is all i really need ;)

Sok

PS. for CP keep AT LEAST a 5k cycling-budget - more is better

Last edited:
There's nothing wrong with buying Jaguar, especially if your goal is to invest in something. There is one for sale here on PCF and should be buyable for around your price range.

Gremlin and 8k ammo for cycling might also be a perfectly acceptable route to soldier on at CP as long as your planning on sticking to dome 1-2 and don't mind using a fap a bit more than you would need to in Jaguar.

all these gremlin lovers

the impact, cut, stab you loose by gaining acid is hardly worth it

bear is better IMHO and look cooler also,

i have had bear, phanton and now i own jag, and there is no mob i can kill in jag i couldnt kill in bear

so i would go for bear and cycle with the rest of the peds, from a fellow scotsman :)

bear armor: 17 imp 15 cut 15 stab = 47 + 3 acid = 50 total against CP mobs
Gremlin armor: 15 imp 11 cut 9 stab = 35 +12 acid = 47 protection against CP mobs

So bear is better. the acid protection doesnt out weigh the impact, cut, stab losses

also you can use bear for bot hunting with 6a's and it his nice cold protection also, and ill say again looks waaaaaaaaay cooler than gremlin :D

also you can use bear for bot hunting with 6a's and it his nice cold protection also, and ill say again looks waaaaaaaaay cooler than gremlin :D
Matter of opinion my friend, Gremlin is one of my favorite armors in terms of looks, whereas I think Bear is butt ugly. :silly2:

I'd chip up evade for the most of the 9k and get a cheap (L) version of one of the armour sets you mentioned.

Of the ones you've listed, I'd get Gremlin and an L set of low MU Tiger/Jag/Martial/etc combo. Buy CLD with the remaining ped if you want to invest.

Bear is nice though, but bear in mind L Bear is pretty much tt food and is way more eco than UL Bear. Still, convenience is worth something; I use my UL set of Bear a lot. I wouldn't pay much more than 1k PED for it though. Boar and Jag aren't worth the current prices imo, just pick up L sets which will be more eco than the UL sets even after markup.

Of the ones you've listed, I'd get Gremlin and an L set of low MU Tiger/Jag/Martial/etc combo. Buy CLD with the remaining ped if you want to invest.

Bear is nice though, but bear in mind L Bear is pretty much tt food and is way more eco than UL Bear. Still, convenience is worth something; I use my UL set of Bear a lot. I wouldn't pay much more than 1k PED for it though. Boar and Jag aren't worth the current prices imo, just pick up L sets which will be more eco than the UL sets even after markup.

This.

Up to 120% L jaguar is more eco than unL one. So everytime you use unL jaguar parts when there are L ones available for less than 120%, you're loosing peds.

And as JimmyB said, rather than investing 4-5k in armour which will potentially will be loosing you peds, buy a few CLD.

Ghoul ...

Buy this :). Mine's not for sale ever.

But seriously though, as has been mentioned Gremlin is more than enough for trox and CP.

My Gremlin is not for sale either, ever.

There's nothing wrong with buying Jaguar, especially if your goal is to invest in something. There is one for sale here on PCF and should be buyable for around your price range.

Gremlin and 8k ammo for cycling might also be a perfectly acceptable route to soldier on at CP as long as your planning on sticking to dome 1-2 and don't mind using a fap a bit more than you would need to in Jaguar.

nothing wrong with a bit of fapping, keeps you on your toes, i think ill go gremlin and grind with peds and if jag set starts too rise again ill snap up a set with the peds i have spare as an investment

if i was too doo the scips mission next i think a phantom set for them then a gremlin set for cp would be the best sets i could get for what i plan too doo in the next stages of my development

if i was too doo the scips mission next i think a phantom set for them then a gremlin set for cp would be the best sets i could get for what i plan too doo in the next stages of my development

scrips are mainly cut stab damage, gremlin not good choice for scrips, and phantom is decay heavy, bear is good all purpose armor, would suit all your needs :)

i said in earlier post, i have owned all the armors you speak of, phantom is decay heavy, gremlins acid doesnt make up for loss of impact/cut/stab, and i personally think its an ugly armor :D

and i now own jag, and there isnt a mob i could kill in jag that i couldnt kill in bear.

Back