Why isn't this in the guides?

Shadowsong

Stalker
Society
Freelancer
Krystal Shadowsong Nova
Statements like these really make me curious :

..... No more stingy people in gremlin with an Opalo plugging away all day at spiders and getting 80k ATHs with Eon armor parts and such in them. .....
maby ther got more hp bud ther never hit now and almost not
lol you can take a trox stalker whit a opalo now and pixi amor

Now, I've been using an opalo for over two years, and for the life of me, I can't figure out how to do what these posters seem to think is quite a trivial feat.

Someone, please explain to me how to do this. I'm almost sure it would improve my experience.

Mix some exaggeration with some bullshit, and there you go :)

The opalo (or similar) on spider thing actually did happen though, long ago, when it was possible to trap mobs... dunno if there was any Eon parts in the ATH though...

It's called hyperbole.

i need to read first and then write lol

mod fap and you could kill one mob 24h with an opalo, maybe a new way for skilling :p

Heehee, The spider thing happened. And it has remained. Meaning that MA is perfectly OK with people using exploits :silly2:

And I would love to be part of the crowd watching Ben killing the everlasting Trox Stalker with an Opalo :silly2:

opalo was used when you can trap mobs but then you were able to put any amp on it the 80k ath is the one whith eon part in it and that guy is banned from EU.

You don't understand ben so i translate :

he just say that the mob don't hit that much any more so the crit rate is almost out of the picture and team of 10 ppl can take him out im shore :)

Plz don't use Ben's as example he got problem whith words and sometime he says something something else comme out is just the way he is is not his fault !

all that are not possible with only 1 opalo , and never was...
But it was possible , and still is possible to do it with many many opalo.

opalo was used when you can trap mobs but then you were able to put any amp on it the 80k ath is the one whith eon part in it and that guy is banned from EU.

Strange how you still see him globalling and putting things on auction while banned isn't it? :D

yar, use opalo, little pew pew. many shots big roar go splat! many many little pew pew now to make big roar go splat... methinks need new pew pew....

Lol, thanks for all the help guys.... it's not really a serious question. Just a bit tired of the hyperbole (thanks doer), and I need a bit of a vent.

Viva opalo, viva ;)

I gotta thnk of the scene in ANTZ where Christopher Walken's locust showers them in nuts... one ant can't do much, but thousands can...

Opalo's are just the by-word for "crappy small gun" much like the "2CV" is used by car-enthusiasts wishing to indicate a crappy little car. If you and a team of fellow opalo-users were to try and take out the biggest mobs in EU, you would kill them eventually... personally I prefer to hit big things with big things, not piss out of the aeroplane window and hope I flood Afghanistan:)

Hurrikane

I gotta thnk of the scene in ANTZ where Christopher Walken's locust showers them in nuts... one ant can't do much, but thousands can...

Opalo's are just the by-word for "crappy small gun" much like the "2CV" is used by car-enthusiasts wishing to indicate a crappy little car. If you and a team of fellow opalo-users were to try and take out the biggest mobs in EU, you would kill them eventually... personally I prefer to hit big things with big things, not piss out of the aeroplane window and hope I flood Afghanistan:)

Hurrikane

I actually doubt that it's practically possible to do that. How many opalos would it take to achieve the kind of dps needed to drop an ara for example? Whatever that number is, I reckon you would need at least triple to ensure that the dps sustains in spite of the attrition on the shooters, depending on how far from a revive this is done.

It would certainly be a very interesting hunt :)

I wouldn't doubt that a large team using opallo's or cb5's could take just about any mob within reasonable time. 12 times average damage on maxed opallo would probly suprise you.

I actually doubt that it's practically possible to do that. How many opalos would it take to achieve the kind of dps needed to drop an ara for example? Whatever that number is, I reckon you would need at least triple to ensure that the dps sustains in spite of the attrition on the shooters, depending on how far from a revive this is done.

It would certainly be a very interesting hunt :)

Be assured that many many spider has been kill using only axe 1x0 or opalo , or even crusho(dunno what is name of TT glove nowday).
a soc RFC , did make many even called "BBQ" or "spider kebab" or that kind of stuff , but they was not the only...

How many zillion team did make the opalo revive to kill falx at omegaton...

and the whole point is not to be very efficien , but to have fun...
And its more fun to waste amo with opalo on spider , then count evrything to kill an argonaut.And when you manage to global or hof... the taste is not the same for sure.

You don't understand ben so i translate :

he just say that the mob don't hit that much any more so the crit rate is almost out of the picture and team of 10 ppl can take him out im shore :)

Plz don't use Ben's as example he got problem whith words and sometime he says something something else comme out is just the way he is is not his fault !

Actually the guy who got the 80k ath was not banned.

This USED to be possible, now try to do that to a spider... i think they regen like 300 hp per regen cycle.... and if u die it's full hp, NOT possible at all anymore on spider.

3 reasons why you used to be able to kill spider with opalo (and can no longer due to changes in the hunting system):
1. Amps used to give their full damage, instead of what they give now (half the weapons max dmg). So you used to have a 16dmg/sec opalo.
2. You used to be able to trap mobs.
3. Spiders now regenerate at an insane (and much needed) level. THey didn't before.

So a day old armorless noob used to be able to kill spiders and get 80k.

To do it now....
60dmg/sec for a -small- one. For a big one (stalker) 100 dmg/sec. Minimum.
small spider 200 health + jag/angel +ur125
300 health + supremacy (if you get lucky and it misses most the time)

So you used to do be able to kill them with an avatar worth 10ped
Samll one now avatar/equipment (solo ofc) 150-200k
Big one avi/equipment.... err... 1 million ped?

3 reasons why you used to be able to kill spider with opalo (and can no longer due to changes in the hunting system):
1. Amps used to give their full damage, instead of what they give now (half the weapons max dmg). So you used to have a 16dmg/sec opalo.
2. You used to be able to trap mobs.
3. Spiders now regenerate at an insane (and much needed) level. THey didn't before.

So a day old armorless noob used to be able to kill spiders and get 80k.

To do it now....
60dmg/sec for a -small- one. For a big one (stalker) 100 dmg/sec. Minimum.
small spider 200 health + jag/angel +ur125
300 health + supremacy (if you get lucky and it misses most the time)

So you used to do be able to kill them with an avatar worth 10ped
Samll one now avatar/equipment (solo ofc) 150-200k
Big one avi/equipment.... err... 1 million ped?

You forgot the other option... 1 or 2 guys with decoy guns and 5 or 6 with your 500 ped type guns:) We slaughter 'em, any age....

Hurrikane

You forgot the other option... 1 or 2 guys with decoy guns and 5 or 6 with your 500 ped type guns:) We slaughter 'em, any age....

Hurrikane

Ah ofc forgot that:D
Any mob too :D

Statements like these really make me curious :

Now, I've been using an opalo for over two years, and for the life of me, I can't figure out how to do what these posters seem to think is quite a trivial feat.

Someone, please explain to me how to do this. I'm almost sure it would improve my experience.

Me and my society mates used to sometimes team up 4-6 people and go on opalo raids. We usually take anything that come in the way, except for spiders. We did Kreltin and Aurli, Chompers, Atrox up to old alpha and we did some ithumatrox. You need a good FAP, and you need to use the ping-pong method where you stand in a triangle or a square around the mob. But this was when you could use A106 and A204 amps on opalo.

Hey, I'm a huge fan of the opalo. I actually don't think it's a crap gun. It doesn't compare to some of the new (L) guns, but still fairly decent.

A few of you have mentioned the amp-nerf. Well, I can tell you that I remember the date clearly - 1st November. I remember, because that's my RL birthday, and that VU was the crappest gift I could have imagined :laugh:

In my mentorless noobidity, I had figured out that a Mann MPH would be the perfect trigger for a kick-ass big amp, and I would finally be able to go through certain areas, rather than around. The nerf came, and 'pop', I had to rethink that strategy. Set me back a bit, I can tell you. I never did get to feel what a 104-amped Mann could do.

The current trend of mob tweaking is having the same effect. Whose birthday was spoiled this time ;)

Anyway, as I said earlier, this isn't a serious thread - just a bit of venting to relieve some tension. :silly2:

:scratch2: From what I remember, it wasn't an opalo that got the 80k ATH, it was a M2875. And no, the guy is not banned...he still globals quite frequently.

Back