***WoF 2009 FINAL!!!!*** Moblist & Info

people knocking ND should bare in mind he's lost out on a lot of revenue, no mobs means no loot so no tax. having said that, changing the spawn a couple of hours before was probably not good idea, we've had enough od that from MA and would have hoped for the spwans to be max day or two before.

The reason for supporting a country other than your own seems to have been shown quite nicely ...so relatively small countries like Romania can take on large countries like America and have a chance. Or WIN even.

Gratz to the winners :yay:

t

people knocking ND should bare in mind he's lost out on a lot of revenue, no mobs means no loot so no tax. having said that, changing the spawn a couple of hours before was probably not good idea, we've had enough od that from MA and would have hoped for the spwans to be max day or two before.

Well that's where the failure has occured. It's not like the final was spung on ND at the last minute. Of course ND lost out big time here, not only with revenue from extra taxes but also it seems many people have an ill feeling towards CND in general.

Just not good enough...Poor PR.

After the match, logged off for an hour to eat etc, when I returned I logged into game in that caperon dome.. was a sea of red.

Dunno if it was entirely down to settings, or servers just couldnt cope?

Maybe a mixture of both but you'd have thought that's how the Domes with the maxed settings should've looked at the start of the event not just the 10 red dots I saw in the Caperon Dome. At least with the MA spawns there has been a sea of red to shoot for a few minutes at the beginning to get a few globals on before the respawn problems.

I can't see any reason for the spawn not being there at the beginning except it was bumped up far too late. A lot of people were up there at least 24 hours before it started with nothing to hunt and probably did the same as me, saw empty domes and logged straight off again.

Three Minutes into the event and this was the radar for Caperons. Got to love the one red bar and two red dots. Btw anyone else still feeling seasick from all the bouncing up and down? :laugh:

caperondome1.jpg

caperondome2.jpg

Last edited:
Of course it was a FAIL! ND had months to prepare for this final...

Not good enough.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE, never again hold the final at CND.

I still stand by what I wrote earlier. ND could have maxed every DNA he has on the asteroid, it still wouldn't have solved anything.

But yes, I agree that CND isn't the place for the final, a few mobs on the moblist in CND sure. All the hunting on CND just doesn't work. In the semi last year we had major crashes that disrupted the event when it was held on CND and CP. This year scoring support had nothing to do on CND.

Until MA can vastly improve server performance, WoF needs to be spread over many servers.

Well that's where the failure has occured. It's not like the final was spung on ND at the last minute. Of course ND lost out big time here, not only with revenue from extra taxes but also it seems many people have an ill feeling towards CND in general.

Just not good enough...Poor PR.

Well there's a lot of nonsense being said about ND too. Stuff like he should have made more Caperon domes, etc, which simply can't happen.

But yes, adjusting the spawns just before the event was not a good plan. But he does that for CL too, and it doesn't work out too bad.

The problem wasn't ultimately the spawn settings, the problem was that the CND server couldn't handle the amount of people it had to deal with.

Three Minutes into the event and this was the radar for Caperons. Got to love the one red bar and two red dots. Btw anyone else still feeling seasick from all the bouncing up and down? :laugh:

caperondome2.jpg

Yeah, like you say, the fertiliser settings should have been altered many hours if not days before and the dome should have been packed with red dots to begin with. But I have no doubt the end result would have been the same, we'd have just had 10 minutes of proper hunting at the start instead of 3 minutes. That little red server load bar shows the real problem imo, and nothing ND can do about that.

And yes, the land bouncing up and down was extremely irritating, what was that all about?

Last edited:
Not to irritate Hurricane and ND even more, because I'm sure both did their best... but since the final was decided to be on CND even before the WOF started, it would've been really good to do a test beforehand.
I am aware that a full test would've been impossible, but even a partial test would've shown some of the weaknesses on having hundreds of people hunting on CND in the same time.

Well... as Hurricane already stated, things can only get better.

Jimmy, we understand that it was not ND fault that there was no respawn. But having ALL main team members in one dome was because of his fault. He should have had the young dome filled with stalkers. If he know that will disturb mining or is too expensive he should have backed off WoF and simply let it go as it went in all other stages.

We have seen mobs like mulmun elite and such that would have been much better suited for WoF final, and I think choosing something other than that was a big management mistake that was made.

My suggestion is that if he plans to do another CND run, let it be the first run, not the final. I don;t think anyone will bring epic support to qualify in stages, but there will be the same huge number of people on many more time slots. Not hunting all at once.

So I say it was his fault for not knowing the limitations of his business. Not for bad respawn.

If it was not the difference in settings between the dasp domes and the caperon dome, why were the dasp spawning relatively well (and server performance indicator was red in there also), while the caperons did not? And I think the dasp domes have only 1 dna each (not 100% sure).

view from caperon dome...

not read the whole thread, but doesn't MA have a huge part of the responsibility, they too knew how crowded it would be up there during this day (hours) (and since many months too)

I dont know anything about server capability and such but shouldn't MA have put in some more power to CND servers during this awesome event? After all it's them who makes the big money from it.

I do not know anything about servers and such so please don't be too mad at me if I'm all wrong here ;)

I've read a few threads mentioning why and how and if etc concerning the Final.

From my point of view:

We held the Semi's on CND last year, apart from some lag issues, it went well; with 3 more teams than the Final, plus their support. It was split with CP as well as some ground fighting, but there were still a lot of people in the domes on CND (14 hofs by one team on Daspletor for example).
The reasons the whole match was on CND this time was to attempt to save people some cash (many complained about multiple CND/CP/Calypso flights last year), make it more convenient (same complaints) and to provide some variety of location and tactics. Also, it was a nod to our biggest sponsor, who has not ever asked for his Mobs to be included.

Champions league is held on CND with large numbers of people.

Dasps and Araneatrox are the hardest mobs available without MA intervention, and Spiders were last years' top final mob.

CND as the sole location for the final was my choice, not ND's. The moblists and rules are also not anything to do with ND. Any "fault" is mine.

Why the Caperon were elusive? Too many people I expect. The same reason as the faults found in MA's spawns; it's hard to prepare or counter the effect of an unknown quantity, especially a huge crowd like the WoF inspires. Only by trying things can we see the shortfalls.
With the amount of traffic on CND in previous events I didn't foresee spawns being a problem, at least not to that degree. I knew the scores would not be infinite in the Domes, but obviously expected the usual 25% of score total to come from Support. ND did max the spawns, the results weren't as intended. Whatever happened to the Caperons (as DJ says, later on the dome was full of them) was not foreseeable. The fact remains that all teams were in an equal situation, so the match itself was fair.

I did intend Support to have a greater role to play, and I'm sorry for those who feel their time was wasted; but as opposed to hunting solid for 3 hours with no globals, there wasn't a huge amount of ammo spent chasing the scores that did come in. Not as bad as it could have been.

As I said at the end of the match, the BETA phase of the WoF is now done; 3 years of trying things out has left the event ready to please more people than ever before. I still expect complaints about next year (what's the internet without personal opinions) but hopefully less than ever.

Finally, thanks to NEVERDIE for the use of his rock, and sorry for any flak that came your way when it should have been addressed to me.

Hurrikane

Jimmy, we understand that it was not ND fault that there was no respawn. But having ALL main team members in one dome was because of his fault. He should have had the young dome filled with stalkers.

Yeah that would have made sense. Did he know all the hunting would be focussed on Dasp Stalkers though? Even last year in the Dasp semis, you guys put all your ammo into Youngs if I recall right and beat Tibet on Stalkers.

Yeah that would have made sense. Did he know all the hunting would be focussed on Dasp Stalkers though? Even last year in the Dasp semis, you guys put all your ammo into Youngs if I recall right and beat Tibet on Stalkers.

But last year Dasps were 10 points for ALL maturities not 10 and 5 like this year. This time teams had to go for the biggies to get the 10 points so yes, he should've known.

Finally, thanks to NEVERDIE for the use of his rock, and sorry for any flak that came your way when it should have been addressed to me.

No, people are upset with that place because of that place and the way is managed. Not because of you. You need to put up with transport problem, waste of time, cost to transport, taxes higher than on most lands, a place full of bugs and poorly managed if managed at all. So you have no fault for any of those. The owner of the rock, however could have done a much better job.

Last year daspletor young and stalker had 10 points each. It made more sense to hunt youngs, since you will get more globals/ammo spent, but in stalkers you have more hof's/ped spent but less globals. In the end, at equal point/mob is a close match and you can win with any of the 2 domes, but the youngs are a safer choice.

This year was clear that no one will go for youngs. Was posted on forum. Was even announced that spawn and maturity will be maxed in both domes and pvp removed. PvP was removed, but spawn was not changed. I also don't remember having ND at final this time. Maybe I am wrong, but I did not see him there. A sign that he does not care that much about this event and he has a lot more important things to take care.

All in all, the attitude shown is far from professional. I expected more from someone working in his field of work and I am disappointed. Not that anyone should care about me... I am not in his target anyway. Daspletors are to hard for me and I am no miner to go up, so I won't move there any time soon or ever. Nothing else is interesting there anyway.

But last year Dasps were 10 points for ALL maturities not 10 and 5 like this year.

Ah yes true. So yes, should have been two Stalker domes of course.

My comments were more relating to the Caperon dome since that's where I was. And I was indeed rather surprised to see there was a DNA unmaxed before we started, but three maxed DNAs wouldn't have made any difference in there imo, was exactly the same problem we have seen in WoF spawns throughout the tournament.

I'd like to award the EF Premium membership prizes to the three finalist teams. Each member of the finalist teams' main team (12 members) receives a 1 Year EF premium membership (Modified for 1st place, Improved for 2nd place, Adjusted for 3rd place).

Romania's final main team list was easy to find in their thread:

1. Black Hawk Hawk
2. Tzepelea Tzepu Geri
3. GGX FIGHTER
4. Jack Combo Nikis
5. Sakalu Conte Linxu
6. Desi Ciobyna Deria
7. Janis Janis Joplin
8. Czumbil Mczimi Imre
9. Jhony Rony Macaroni
10.Gia h0n3y Mady
11 Remo 3l3ctric Luminatu
12 Sir SirAttack Attack

Those prizes have now been awarded. Congrats Romania!!! :woot:

I'd like to request that the USA and Sweden team captains please post their final main team rosters so that the other prizes can be awarded.

Congrats to all of the finalists who made major efforts and sacrifices to get so far in the most competitive WoF yet! :wtg:

And respect to Hurrikane for his massive effort of pulling this exciting event together once again. :thumbup:

I look forward to EntropiaForum continuing its support of WoF in the future.

:yay:

Thanks!

No, people are upset with that place because of that place and the way is managed. Not because of you. You need to put up with transport problem, waste of time, cost to transport, taxes higher than on most lands, a place full of bugs and poorly managed if managed at all. So you have no fault for any of those. The owner of the rock, however could have done a much better job.

Last year daspletor young and stalker had 10 points each. It made more sense to hunt youngs, since you will get more globals/ammo spent, but in stalkers you have more hof's/ped spent but less globals. In the end, at equal point/mob is a close match and you can win with any of the 2 domes, but the youngs are a safer choice.

This year was clear that no one will go for youngs. Was posted on forum. Was even announced that spawn and maturity will be maxed in both domes and pvp removed. PvP was removed, but spawn was not changed. I also don't remember having ND at final this time. Maybe I am wrong, but I did not see him there. A sign that he does not care that much about this event and he has a lot more important things to take care.

All in all, the attitude shown is far from professional. I expected more from someone working in his field of work and I am disappointed. Not that anyone should care about me... I am not in his target anyway. Daspletors are to hard for me and I am no miner to go up, so I won't move there any time soon or ever. Nothing else is interesting there anyway.

I agree on most being said, well written!

Another side of this story is that wof-final is supposed to be played by max 18ppl as rules are written. However all teams, including the one i was in, had a LOTS of supportshooters, so instead of 18 players we faced 150-200 players in that dome. And yes there was possibilitys to avoid that, one for example would be to hand out tickets to all wof finalist, and have an event running in the dome! This is also a question about how its supposed to be played i guess. If the idea is that the country with most players wins, then great, keep it this way. If free amounts of supportshooters are ok, why not let it be free amount of mainteams aswell...

I doubt any of you has seen a world championship in for example football where anyone can help their team to score, as long as they dont use the match-dress, as the 11 in the team, or being the one shooting the ball in the goal!

Well played in the final and gz to all who got that far.

And considering ND said it was a bug at cnd making the tax take 48 hours to get down to normal, im suprised seing him waiting until hours before wof to push the buttons to max the spawn, not even to talk about not being present at the event itself.

I'd like to request that the USA and Sweden team captains please post their final main team rosters so that the other prizes can be awarded.

Thanks!

Im not the Team Sweden captain but I think the main team had these great players:

Stoikow Stoikow Mudorow
Arthur Starman Dent
Ferox Flavius Titan
Warants Skalman Skalmansson
Patrik Stormer Deluxe
Henke Floppy Deluxe
Jocke Julmust Deluxe
Doctor Benway Benway
Litano Sacklitch Makero
mikael mike jak
Nicholas Looser Entergate
Lizzy Faith O'Neal

Going back to the previous point about Dasp Stalkers, if all the Dasp DNAs had been raised to Stalker, it would have been impossible to complete the sweep bonus. I know no-one ever considered going for it on that mob list, but I doubt Hurrikane would have requested something from ND that would have ruled out the possibility of the sweep bonus.

Another side of this story is that wof-final is supposed to be played by max 18ppl as rules are written.

No, the Main Team should be 6 people, but the rules clearly state support can be unlimited (ie. it isn't limited to one team of 12, there can be any number of teams).

I believe the problem with your ticketing idea is that the system won't allow you to be teamed in an event.

You have a point there Jimmy!
Of course there had to be some lower maturity dasps!
I missed that ! and I appologize to ND for missing that fact!
(I mean hurrikane :) )

Last edited:
I doubt any of you has seen a world championship in for example football where anyone can help their team to score, as long as they dont use the match-dress, as the 11 in the team, or being the one shooting the ball in the goal!

[youtube]OwQlIibBEgA[/youtube]

hahaha Oleg! :)
Now we finally understands :)
Lets see if I can find the video when a swede after 10 hours of walking finally finds another fellow swede! :)

Im not the Team Sweden captain but I think the main team had these great players:

Stoikow Stoikow Mudorow
Arthur Starman Dent
Ferox Flavius Titan
Warants Skalman Skalmansson
Patrik Stormer Deluxe
Henke Floppy Deluxe
Jocke Julmust Deluxe
Doctor Benway Benway
Litano Sacklitch Makero
mikael mike jak
Nicholas Looser Entergate
Lizzy Faith O'Neal

I have confirmed this list with the WoF Sweden captain, and awarded the EF Adjusted memberships.

Congrats Team Sweden!

EF Improved memberships awarded to Team USA:

#1 Ogulak Da Basher
#2 Brent Wildman Lancing
#3 Night Slick Shadow
#4 Jenna Star Mercury
#5 Aspen Amber Aurora
#6 Qing Rei fei-tzu
#7 Darth Skippie Boobie
#8 Casay Casay Onyx
#9 Ford Zippo LincolnMercury
#10 Metatron Mick Samael
#11 Sadonas Sadmind Mindarvas
#12 Yem Heap Pyite

Nice effort again this year Team USA!! :woot:

Congrats again to all the finalists, and all the other teams and supporters that participated in WoF this year!

EF Improved memberships awarded to Team USA:

#1 Ogulak Da Basher
#2 Brent Wildman Lancing
#3 Night Slick Shadow
#4 Jenna Star Mercury
#5 Aspen Amber Aurora
#6 Qing Rei fei-tzu
#7 Darth Skippie Boobie
#8 Casay Casay Onyx
#9 Ford Zippo LincolnMercury
#10 Metatron Mick Samael
#11 Sadonas Sadmind Mindarvis
#12 Yem Heap Pyite

Nice effort again this year Team USA!! :woot:

Congrats again to all the finalists, and all the other teams and supporters that participated in WoF this year!

Very nice, ty 711, nice of you to do. :wtg:

Back