WoF Danish Dynamite

Hello to all of you in Team Denmark, and welcome to the WoF once again. I look forward to another year of tense competition and hard-fought matches.

I notice from posts in your Team Thread that there is concern about the use rules concerning Support teams. I'd like to respond to that concern, which has been addressed by the introduction of capped scoring for the Support Teams. There will be a maximum score that any Support Team or Teams can achieve in each match. This cap will rise towards the final stages to accommodate extra support gathered. I was concerned also about the personal cost of the WoF to all those taking part, and the caps will help there too.

I notice an issue has crept up concerning Captains and the use of private team forums. Could all those teams who have already voted/decided a Captain please let me know by PM (one per team:)) as soon as possible.

Could any team who have yet to decide a Captain please post votes in their Team Thread until the result is known and inform me of the choice as soon as possible. The date of February 24th was only the final date for deciding, I apologise for not making that clear.

If any team members find their Team's captain to have been undemocratically elected could they please contact me as soon as possible.

Sorry again for the lack of attention to the start of the WoF, but I'm back online and on the job now:)

Keep an eye of the Info and Rules thread for any further clarification of the finer details in updates to come, and to the Sticky threads in this sub-forum in general for any WoF-related items that may aid your progression through the tournament.

Good Luck,

Hurrikane

Hey

Just wanted to wish you all good luck

No more mod ml for me, so I can't participate this year.

GL to you all guys. And remember to have a blast out there ;)

Awwww Vedder - your nice rifle is gone? :(

And Kahr - ofc you are just an old fart ^^

But seriously if we should have just the slightest chance here we need to run up some more danes.

For now we cant even fill the main team - and we do need at least 10-20 supporters if we should have a chance.

So I think we should try to get in touch with all the danes we know ingame and then lets see.

Sorry Doom
Im off to SE Asia again tomorrow. Will be back primo march - so no teamhunting with me till then.

I hope you get a team up. However many people you get, chances are random and fun is granted. Just give it all u got :cool:

Hi Guys - sry, I can't dedicate to it this year. I'd love to take part in a round or 2 but it will probably have to be as support. Main team requires more dedication than I can promise this year. Am on a break from EU these months due to workload, summer, and the sizzling BBQ:D

Someone else will have to secure this years highest wof loot ;)

im sorry to say that i cant join in this year.

Work
Girlfriend
and generel RL issues makes it impossiable for me to be online in the hours that the competition is on.

Yours

Solaxe¨

p.s
ill do what i can to help you lads and Ladys

Hi!

It is summer in the Southern Hemisphere, so that means a lot less game time :)

I have had a lot of fun being on mainteam for the last two years... and I certainly hope to be online to take part in WOF as support. I will try to make it as much as I can... after all it is not sunny down here every day! :tiphat:

Val

If we should have ANY chance in this years WoF then we need more danes.

So far I have tried basicly all oldies (no offence) from the previous WoF's and no luck so far.

We need at least 10-15 more people if we should stand the slightest chance of success.

That or perhaps merge with another team with the same problem? Dunno...

I er alle sammen nogle n00bler :D

Good luck though :yay:

(there's still a couple of spots left in Team Amethera :D )

If we should have ANY chance in this years WoF then we need more danes.

So far I have tried basicly all oldies (no offence) from the previous WoF's and no luck so far.

We need at least 10-15 more people if we should stand the slightest chance of success.

That or perhaps merge with another team with the same problem? Dunno...

We are quite a few holding the spirits up for the Fun of WoF in team Eudoria,
so you are more than welcome to merge with us.
we fight against the odds, always have,but thats when we are at our best ;)
After all Eudoria would be your second place of birth right :)
// Fairy

People this is the last chance for getting more danes... If we dont then I will be looking for another team to join because the few of us without support team simply wont do it...

Sorry for the very very slow response, but have had a few problems to deal with in rl. The old body needed a service and tune up :)
Anyways, im in, so sign me up for main team or support. Where ever it is needed.

I am putting you in main team instead of Waheed as he just informed me that he wont be part of WoF :)

If you guys could need some help, then im ofc there.

The main reason for why i havent decided whether to join or not, is coz i dont really got that Wof spirit, due to some new rules i dont agree with...
But that might just be me being a grumpy old fart :rolleyes:

Yeah yeah, old fart is right :laugh: Seems your old age senility is kicking in too, as we have you signed up for Team Eudoria first :scratch2:

Best of luck to all of you in getting your team off the ground, as Fairy says, all welcome to merge with us if you like :)

I just saw the first dates for qualifiers. Im atm in Bangkok, but will be home and ready for a good hunt on march 7.-8.

All set after 5 weeks break. :D

damm people, plenty of u have me on FL ingame ? eyy, just call, im there :p

Aka Camilla DK

Ok people - this is the real deal.

We are 9 people for the main team.

IF we proceed we need to elect a leader. And I did my turn last year and got plenty to do rl to plan all this.

So we need a leader and we need SUPPORT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Who will be our fearsome leader this year???

come on.. someone go 4 the leadership :)

Hello Team Denmark

Rules and Info Update:

Elected Captains and their Main Team lists (of up to 12) need to be PM'd to me no later than March 5th. I would prefer them sooner.

Moblists will be posted in their own Sticky Threads here, at least 1 week before each hunt, hopefully the day after the previous Hunt weekend.

Each Hunt starts and finishes at a location given at least 1 week before the day of the Hunt. Some will have facilities, some will not. Most will not be near a TP. Details and Co-Ords will be posted along with the Moblists.

Main Team and Hunt Team:

The members of a Main Team who hunt in any given match are referred to as the Hunt Team. Any Main Team members not in that match's Hunt Team can act as Support.

Availability allowing, all Hunt Teams will have an embedded Judge. You will be told your designated Judge at the Meet n' Greet.

Meet n' Greet and MIA (Missing in Action)

Meet n' Greet: The Hunt Teams taking part in each match must meet with the Judge before and after each match. Try to show up early. If members of a Main Team are late for the start, they can join the hunt ONLY by turning up at the Start/Finish point and personally informing the Judges. This can happen at any time during the match. They can only use whatever time is left in that match to score (i.e. they forfeit any time they have missed)
The meet n' greet is when the judge confirms and records the names of the Hunt Team for each country taking part in that match, and joins the team as an embedded Judge.
When this is not possible, Captains will add one of the other Team's Judges to their Friends List and confirm Globals "The Old way". I will do my best to cycle through the teams so no one ends up doing it the old way more than others.
The Old Way is to pm a "got it?" or similar to the judge after each global, who replies with "got it" or similar. This helps make sure no globals are missed. If Captains forget to pm, their scores will still be recorded, but mistakes can be made... (and sometimes globals have shown up in some chat and not in others).

MIA: Any Hunt Team avatar not present within 10 minutes of the end of the match in question will cost a penalty of 10 Points to that Team's score, for being Missing In Action.[/B] This rule serves to keep the Tournament running tight and smooth. If server problems affect people from more than one team (i.e. mass ctd) then this will be waived in favour of the Mass CTD rule.

Mass CTD: If members from more than one team and/or judges are drastically affected by server, or other difficulties the Mass CTD may be declared by Judges still present/on their relog. The time of the incident will be logged, rounded down to the nearest 10 minutes, scores at the time of CTD recorded also, and the remainder of the match will be played when all have recovered, or at a later date if another match is waiting to start and there are insufficient Judges.

Those who sign for a Main Team can only change to another Main Team if they have not yet hunted in the Tournament as a Main Team member.

Captains wishing to change their Main Team must present evidence explaining why. Those who have hunted in the Tournament as part of the Main Team can only be dropped or changed with mutual consent of the Captain and the Avatar being dropped, or by a majority vote within the 12 members of the Main Team.

Support:
This year, to give more hope to the smaller teams, there will be CAPS (limits) on Support scoring. If Support Team leaders contact the Judge of their match they will be able to find out if they have reached their cap.

For the Qualifiers, the maximum Support score is 100 Points.

For Stages 3 and 4, the maximum Support score is 150 Points

For Stage 5, maximum Support score is 200 Points

For the Final, Support scores are unlimited. (By this time, teams are expected to have gathered larger support than they had at the start)

The Support Mobs will be slightly tougher in general, to reflect the amazing work done last year, with the occasional "Uber" mob to encourage teamwork.

The Support Teams can still be of any size and number, as long as their team names contain the word "Support" and the country name they are supporting. Support teams do not have to be present at the start or finish of the match and can join in when they like.

Kill-Stealing is viewed as hostile and against the spirit of the Tournament. Repeated accusations will lead to investigation and possible action against the perpetrators.

If any team fail to show for a match they are in, their score will be recorded as 0. Their opponents will still hunt as each stage needs a score for the records.

I, as organiser reserve the right to pass judgement in undecided matters related to the Tournament. If my actions are seen as unjust I will allow a vote from the team, or teams involved to affect my decisions.

I also reserve the right to add a few rules before the start if it turns out I forgot them:)

Other details:

You are all invited to the WoF 2009 LAUNCH PARTY on the Secret Island (see thread in stickies).

The best of luck to all of you... you're about to enter hell!

Hurrikane

Due to a lot of stuff happening in my rl, i wont be running for captain. But i will sure as hell do my best fighting this year.

Hello Team Denmark!

It is time to ready yourself to take the sheer unwavering brunt of the WoF. You will enter the first of 2 matches against the rest of the World. Scores will be taken and used as the basis for seeding Group Stage 3.

Stages (with matches per team) are:

1. Qualifier A: Blue Dawn (1 match against world)
2. Qualifier B: Island Intensity (1 match against world)
3. Group Stage A: The Wild Bunch (3 one-on-one matches)
4. Group Stage B: From Out of Nowhere (3 one-on -one matches)
5: Semi-Finals: OMG (1 one on one match)
6: Final: Thunderdome 3-Way
:)

TimeSlot Choices For

Qualifier A: Blue Dawn

All slots are 3 hours.

Entry Level: Any National Team.

The Hunting Slots:

Slot A: 12:00 Saturday 7th March

Slot B: 16:00 Saturday 7th March

Slot C: 20:00 Saturday 7th March

Slot D: 00:00 Sunday 8th March

Slot E: 06:00 Sunday 8th March

I don't really want more than 8 teams in any one slot (for the sake of the judges sanity) so I will ask the last to apply to change slots if overcrowding occurs.

Applications for chosen TimeSlots should be sent by PM to me as soon as possible. Please keep re-thinks to a minimum as my PM box fills up at this time every year:)

***Rule Update***

The Bonus Mob now counts for an independent score to be added at the end of the match, and does NOT count towards the Support Team's scoring Cap.

***Scoring for 2009 Update***

Note* Killed when used in the scoring terms means Globalled On.

Each Moblist will have 4 Mobs for the Main Team, 2 for Support and a Bonus that either (but not both) can score on once per match.

Main Team score availability is 5-6-7-8-9-10 (+possible Bonus/Boost)

Support Team score availability is 2-3-4 (+possible Bonus/Boost)

Bonus Mob: 25

HoF: Scores that kill as Double.

ATH: Double Entire Final Score.

Main Team Variety Boost:

1 Species killed= 0

2 Species killed= 10

3 Species killed= 25

4 Species killed= 50

Main Team/Support Team "Sweep" Boost (new!)

All Scoring Categories (Species and Maturity Groups, Main AND Support) killed= 25

Loot Boost: Highest TT Value of scored (globalled) loot per Match= 15

Susan 113 Bonus:

Any Global or HoF of 113 PED scores double points for that kill.

Beware, if you are more than 10 minutes late for the Slot you choose, the match will Start without you and you will either have to hunt in a shortened TimeSlot or try to reschedule, so organisation is the key here.

Here is, therefore, a very useful item; (copied from another thread)

Timetable and Calendar Info for WoF 2009

Launch Party at the Secret Island: 19:00 Saturday February 28th

Last Date for Team Registration (Starting a Team) and Captain Selection: March 2nd.

The Hunts:

Stage One: Qualifier A

All Teams

March 7th/March 8th

Stage Two: Qualifier B

All Teams

March 21st/March 22nd

Stage Three: Group Stage A

24 Qualified Teams

Round One: April 4th/April 5th

Round Two: April 11th/April 12th: April 25th/April 26th (split over Easter)

Round Three: May 2nd/3rd

Stage Four: Group Stage B

12 Leading Teams

Round One: May 16th/17th

Round Two: May 30th/31st

Round Three: June 13th/14th

Stage Five: Semi-Final

6 Semi-Finalist Teams

June 27th

Stage Six: Three-Way Final (CND)

3 Finalist Teams

July 11th

Please consider that Future Timeslots are to be the Same as those posted above for the future weekends (with some dissappearing as the teams get less in number), you can now plan ahead. Feel free to PM me with Timeslot confirmations/preferences ahead of time.

I thank you in advance for your flexibility in these arrangements that makes our job as judges so much easier:)

Start/Finish Point Co-Ords to be announced After the Launch Party on the Secret Island on Sat Feb 28th, 19:00 onwards.

The Launch Party will also see the first (and in-game) reading of the much-anticipated WoF 2009 Stage 1 Qualifier A: Blue Dawn Moblist!!!!... the abyss beckons lol

Please don't hesitate to re-read the rules before making any enquiries:)

Hurrikane

?

Since nobody wanted to be captain i guess team is desolved????:zzz:

Ill jump in if noone else...

After a heavy trip around the world, Im now back in basecamp and got myself a good connection. Since I have almost all old WoF'ers on FL ill try to get something organized for the qualifiers.

Post if you want to join for the weekend. We need more firepower, and big all-dane teamhunts usually pretty fun stuff :D

Keep up the team spirit!

If we cant beat the WoF - lets just beat the other teams ;)

Following team list have been sent to hurricane:

Doomie
Zacariaz
Kahr
Ben Cobra
Yquem
Starfinder
Rattler
GreatExit
Camilla DK
Solaris (captain)

No supporters. Its not a whole lot, but its gonna be fun.
For those about to jump ship: What you prefer? Hunt mainteam with the dudes from your hometown, or hunt secondhand with 5th colony armies?

;)

Last edited:
i would like to join for sure! if my ped status agrees after all the dynamic loots i get :laugh:

regards silas

I am going to send our preferred time soon. If anyone got special wishes/requests, its now to make them.

We can choose to hunt (3 hours event) these times:

Slot A: 12:00 Saturday 7th March
Slot B: 16:00 Saturday 7th March
Slot C: 20:00 Saturday 7th March
Slot D: 00:00 Sunday 8th March
Slot E: 06:00 Sunday 8th March

If noone object I will ask for slot C, alternatively slot B.

Remember that Calypso is 1 hour behind dk time. So saturday 20.00h is danish time 21.00h ;)

Leave me a pm here if you wish to get in touch with me ingame. Im still missing a few soldiers on my FL :cool:

Silas - just contact any of the teammembers ingame, and follow this thread. We will soon meet Im sure :)

Will be online at all hours next couple days.
Looks like we are going to hunt for Thorifoids and Mermoths. The first being cold mob, viking armor will help. Mermoth are impact, but slow and easy to kill.

Biggest problem will be if no extra spawns of Thorifs. Then we must all compete at the Thori temple, an area on Ameth with long jumps and pvp on :sniper:

March 7-8

Main:
Big Bulk (Any Maturity)10 points
Thorifoids (Elder and Above) 9 points
Mermoth (All Maturities) 8 points
Thorofoid (Looter and Above) 7 points
Thorifoids(Shaman and Below) 6 points
Thorofoid (Scavenger and Below) 5 points

Support:
Thorio (Warlord and above) 4 points
Thorafoid (All Maturities) 3 points
Thorio (Hunter and below) 2 points

Bonus: Rippersnappers (All Maturities) 25 points

HoF= Double that mob's score.
ATH=(Main Team) Double entire combined score / (Support Team) Double entire Support score.

Loot Bonus and Win Bonus do not apply in the Qualifiers but will in the Group Stages, where they will be 15 and 25 points respectively.

Variety Boost:

Main Team:
2 Species=10 points
3 Species=25 points
4 Species=50 points

Support Team:
2 Species=10 points

Sweep Bonus:
All Species and Maturities (used for scoring), Main and Support= 25 points

Start/Finish Point is at the Co-ords of EUD 15555, 13567, 49,
South East of Fort Ares.

Mobs are expected to contain high maturity examples. All spawns in current locations. East of Twin Peaks rumoured to be the Bulk's landing zone that weekend.

Hurrikane

Sol

Last edited:
Greetings Team Denmark.

The Tournament for you begins at your chosen Timeslot of:

16:00 Slot B Saturday 7th March

The Rules at the beginning of the WoF Rules and Info Thread have now been comprehensively updated and should include all you need to know.

The Hunt Team (Scoring Members of the Main Team) for this Stage will be a maximum of 4 members.

Please show up at least 10 minutes before the start and get all the team-forming out of the way in good time for a clean start.

Confirmed Hunt Timeslots so far:

Slot A:

Australia, Sweden, Italy

Slot B:

Portugal, England, Finland, Denmark

Slot C:

Poland, Romania, Norway, America, Scotland, Wales, France, Ireland, Estonia, Slovenia, Amethera

Slot D:

Canada

Slot E: No-one yet.

Teams yet to confirm: China, Eudoria, Netherlands, Greece, Czech Republic

Any teams yet to choose should note that Slot C is now closed. Please PM me as soon as possible with your decisions.

As a final note, in case anyone missed it; the Big Bulks are expected to land at an undisclosed location East of Twin Peaks on the days of the Hunts.

Looking forward to another great day out in EU:)

Hurrikane

We now have confirmed timeslot B (dk-time 17-20 saturday).

As I am aware this timeslot might not be perfect for many of you, we may still choose to jump to timeslot D (dk-time 01-04 sunday morning).

Also that would give us more air in the field with less opponents.

We need 4 main team hunters!!
Who can jump in??

Any remaining hunters will go as supporting team or fappers.

Depending on the power of the team, we will decide if we take on the BBs or not. The Thorifoids will be of no difficulty with 4 guns.

And lets remember the Rippersnapper bonus of 25 points :cool:

Sol

Kahr reporting ready for duty.
Ill see if i can convince someone to serve me dinner while i hunt :)

Back