Your feelings about TI upgrade ?

Did MA right improving TI LA for free?

• Good step by MA he deserved this gift

Votes: 101 44.3%
  • Good step by MA although I can´t see he deserved that gift

Votes: 19 8.3%
  • Bad step by MA, as he just didn´t deserve such a gift, and its isn´t fair against other LA owners.

Votes: 43 18.9%
  • Other Landowners should get some improvement too.

Votes: 50 21.9%
  • What the hell is TI ????

Votes: 15 6.6%

• Total voters
Opposide to "normal" landowners ND and Deathifier have some kind of contract with MA about the purchase of TI and CND.

Both invested money in something that did not even exist at the time of payment. (Correct me if i am wrong, but CND wasn't even designed when ND bought it. Donno about TI, even if the island was there at the time of purchase it had not implemented (all) the agreed features).

Both claim that features described in those contracts are still not delivered after years.

I got the impression latest changes at TI are kinda an trade-off for other promised features that MA hadn't implemented over the last years. I don't know, you don't know. But it is obvious that there might be more behind it then an "gift".

In that light i find your opening post and poll kinda biased.

As far as I know it was sold in Auction like all others.
How he negociate all these bonus on TI before Deposit to "try" to buy it I dont know.​

I dont know if others had the possibility to negociate something before Deposit in hope to win the Auctions but on my side I did not had this chance. One day they appeared in Auction without warning and that's all.​

Thats something i was wondering too. I think i remember there was some kind of document, feature description or whatever about the space station at the time the auction started? Does someone still have that document and can post it? Donno about TI, was there an public description of the features it was supposed to have?

Last edited:
then what was the point in posting here and reading his post?

yh i think he deserved this upgrade, and besides its not just him the will benifit from this, the players will too because there willl be more avalible

Perhaps he just wished to express an opinion not offered by the poll?

After all, "I do not care" is as valid a reply to the OP as any other reply. OK, it does not really add to the discussion, but it is a view perhaps held by many.

I get the feeling that the changes to TI were Mindark tying up loose ends. I read somewhere that CND was supposed to have a stadium when purchased, so I wont be too surprised if that appears with VU 9.5 (especially as we just got a brand new building in Twin Peaks that no one anticipated)

If it helps Deathifier maintain an orderly LA, good for MA and him - and everyone who hunts there too, if other players LA's have issues (like that fertiliser problem on the mushroom one some time back) maybe this is a sign they will be fixed more promptly in future.

It's not a nerf it's a boost! :)

To avoid this kind of discussions of what is fare and not, it is very important that MA clearly for all to see states what it is indended to be included in a sale of an in world item. Small improvment inline with the overall improvment to EU is okey, but improvment that greatly increase the value of an item can be seen as "unfair".

I don't know what was intended to be included in the TI buy, so i can't say if it is fair or not.

I see your point, but I also disagree. If I was making the deal for CND or TI (or something like it) and I contacted FPC directly to transfer funds and colaborate on what "ClubJade" would be like... I would definately say it is no ones business but mine. If someone really wants to know what that sort of transaction works and what is involved, then contact them and build your own island. I am sure that for the right price, you can make it happen.

So basically what you are saying is that MA/FPC shows preferrential treatment to those who spend a lot of money inside EU? If you spend $10k more a year you get things for free just because you took a chance and invested?

What about those who consistantly shove $100+ a week, $1000+ a month into EU, don't tjhey deserve something just for their insight into the investment of and growth of EU?

Are you serious?
oK. I dont have all this $$$ anyway.
But you dont remember the BuyOut thing for CND?

my point is, you bought an LA, plain and simple. TI and CND werent advertised as only an LA (meaning there was mention of the castle,... for TI and the 20 domes, arena and what not for CND)... iirc

EDIT: also, when you bought your LA you collected the deed from auction and went to your LA to claim it. When ND and Deathifier won their auction they had to wait a few months before even having the goods delivered.

Last edited:
So basically what you are saying is that MA/FPC shows preferrential treatment to those who spend a lot of money inside EU? If you spend $10k more a year you get things for free just because you took a chance and invested?

What about those who consistantly shove $100+ a week, $1000+ a month into EU, don't tjhey deserve something just for their insight into the investment of and growth of EU?

I dont know if it's preferrential treatment or whatever.
When I think too much about it, a nasty thing come in my mind.

Hope I will survive to this one. :laugh:
Me think that the Uber Land Owners are pure creation of MindArk.

I see your point, but I also disagree. If I was making the deal for CND or TI (or something like it) and I contacted FPC directly to transfer funds and colaborate on what "ClubJade" would be like... I would definately say it is no ones business but mine. If someone really wants to know what that sort of transaction works and what is involved, then contact them and build your own island. I am sure that for the right price, you can make it happen.

I would agree, but CND and TI was sold over the ingame auction. Now there are 3 possibilities:

A) an comprehensive "feature list" was public available before the auction sale. Then all is ok. I think i remember about an document like that about CND.

B) Deathifier and ND negotiated about (additional) features before the end of the auction.

C) Deathifier and ND negotiated about (additional) features after the end of the auction.

B would raise an lot of questions. (Like there aren't enough rumors about how the auctions went. :laugh:)

C, GoNi would have an point here.

All I can say is it does`nt look good. The general populace gets nerfs while others get bonuses. Regardless what benefits if any hunters and miners get from expansion. For all we know it could be just more opportunity to lose ped. Is that a benefit? While some just got a license to print more money. I`ve always respected these guys for taking the risks to invest in what they believed in. But in that respect we depositors are all investors. You want more room for new mobs buy another land area. Maybe improvements are coming for all land owners? Who knows. But besides that I think benefits should be across the board. Especially if your just boosting those who don`t need it. I`m sure their invesments have paid for themselves many times by now so I can`t feel sorry for anyone as if they were missing out on something.

The question is somewhat fair, but thers another side to the story, TI was allways intended to be more then it was, there was to be alot more features and options then was initially offered, that was allways the plan, MA just took their time with it.

Opposide to "normal" landowners ND and Deathifier have some kind of contract with MA about the purchase of TI and CND.

Both invested money in something that did not even exist at the time of payment. (Correct me if i am wrong, but CND wasn't even designed when ND bought it. Donno about TI, even if the island was there at the time of purchase it had not implemented (all) the agreed features).

Both claim that features described in those contracts are still not delivered after years.

I got the impression latest changes at TI are kinda an trade-off for other promised features that MA hadn't implemented over the last years. I don't know, you don't know. But it is obvious that there might be more behind it then an "gift".

In that light i find your opening post and poll kinda biased.

Thats something i was wondering too. I think i remember there was some kind of document, feature description or whatever about the space station at the time the auction started? Does someone still have that document and can post it? Donno about TI, was there an public description of the features it was supposed to have?

Not sure about an official document, but here's a news story link from Oct. 27 2005 with the specs listed.:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology/gamesblog/2005/oct/27/100000realus

For his cash he gets:

Boasting a 1000 Apartment complex, Commercial Space Ship Docking, Themed Shopping Mall, Mega Stadium for championship sporting events, Nightclub with multiple Dance floors, Live Amphitheater, lounges, and 10 Hunting Biodomes with individual land management facilities which will enable the creative owner to create Rare, Unique and Exotic creatures. Mining and PVP areas are available. In addition the Resort will feature Owner Operated PA System for Streaming Music and Video to biodomes and screens/billboards strategically placed throughout the space resort and for a fee even a Planet side Video Billboard Network located in all major towns and cities can be accessed for marketing.

Edit: The above blurb comes from the Press release from MA originally:

http://www.mindark.se/news-1/archive/virtual-space-resort-auct/index.xml

Last edited:

Yeppers. Without a doubt they should get preferrential treatment.

Suppose I was going to pay you $73,000 for something (anything..) Would you, as a business, feel better about getting $73,000 in a lump sum or would you prefer $200 a day for 365 days..? An astute business would prefer the lump sum particularly when beginning your business. This is immediate cash you can use to invest, buy things your business needs, etc. If someone is willing to come to your business and spend $200 a day anyway it is obvious they are willing to do that regardless of what you as a business do.

As stated, NeverDie and Deathifier probably made some IRL financial deals that were quite risky at the time to purchase those deeds. I am not prepared nor am I willing to makes those deals (then or now). So I applaud those that do and should they get preferential treatment... great. They freaking earned it IMO.

I as well think that there's some type of deal that MA is trying to finish up and honor. The places are not complete according to deal. Also these places were supposed to have businesses shops and apartments....as opposed to a LA thats just shed. They bought resorts, other LA's are just tracks of land.

The co-promotions that is created by MA/CND/ND, they are basically promoting each other and the game.

If CND and TI are bringing in ped, if they are improved wont they make more ped? That's how some of the thinking is I bet. Improve what is existing and working well. Not put time and effort in to a new attempt and creating something.

In the future I would guess that improvements might be made to LA's but if you give to one, you would have to give to all. More cool developed property will be available in the future but that wont help the LA owners :)

Didn't they just cut his one LA into 11 smaller ones? Thus enabling him to get more types of mobs in?

Also: who says it was a gift, and he didn't pay for it... he said somewhere he asked, and they negotiated...sounds to me, he did something in return...

I don't give a toss

hey rayne jade...change your ava pic...it scares me :D

I felt the same at first, but after that Deathifier told us that this things supposed to be on TI since he bought it.
It's giving TI more value but if Deathifier bought a land that supposed to have all this on it I think is fare.
I guess Deathifier could be considered a victim here since he didn't get all he supposed to get at payment time.

If that's true, he sure deserves it big time...and then some, just for putting up with MA's BS all the time. (Wait...shouldn't we all get a "gift" then? :D)

What's next? Maybe "Space Pirates" in a theatre near you...? (Hope springs eternal, eh?) ;)

Seriously, if everyone would stop complaining for a month, maybe MA could actually take some time to develop the game more... and do more stuff like this across the board.

I highly doubt that MA bothers with complains on the forum in a way that would cut away from their development time.

How long did it take for Deathifier's wishes to come true? If time=money, it sure was not free...

Agreed.

Not sure about an official document, but here's a news story link from Oct. 27 2005 with the specs listed.:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology/gamesblog/2005/oct/27/100000realus

For his cash he gets:

Boasting a 1000 Apartment complex, Commercial Space Ship Docking, Themed Shopping Mall, Mega Stadium for championship sporting events, Nightclub with multiple Dance floors, Live Amphitheater, lounges, and 10 Hunting Biodomes with individual land management facilities which will enable the creative owner to create Rare, Unique and Exotic creatures. Mining and PVP areas are available. In addition the Resort will feature Owner Operated PA System for Streaming Music and Video to biodomes and screens/billboards strategically placed throughout the space resort and for a fee even a Planet side Video Billboard Network located in all major towns and cities can be accessed for marketing.

Edit: The above blurb comes from the Press release from MA originally:

http://www.mindark.se/news-1/archive/virtual-space-resort-auct/index.xml

Well nice that you posted this old thing!
I can read from it, that CND has been sold with an promise to have 10 Biodomes there, actually CND got 20 Biodomes, think thats more than enough compensation for the lack of the stadion and the theater. Anyway, if MA is going to install this last few features missing, I won´t complain about it.
ND, got double amount of Biodomes than he paid for, is this fair ?

Didn't they just cut his one LA into 11 smaller ones? Thus enabling him to get more types of mobs in?

They cut his LA (that could hold a total of 30 DNAs) into 11 areas.

Code:
TI castle Zone: no Fert Station
TI North Zone: no Fert Station
Far West watery Zone: no Fert Station
SE Allophyl Habbitat: no Fert Station
South the middle Zone: no Fert Station

BristlehogZone: 3 Areas can hold up to 18 DNA (actually 2 Bristlehogg DNA)
Hogglo Zone: 3 Areas can hold up to 18 DNA (actually 1 Hogglo DNA)
Foul Zone: 2 Areas can hold up to 12 DNA (actually 2 Foul DNA)
NW Allophyl Habitat: 2 Areas can hold up to 12 DNA (actually no DNA)
Middle "Blank" Zone: 1 Area can hold up to 6 DNA (actually 1 Globster)
SW Furor Zone: 1 Area can hold up to 6 DNA (actually 2 Cornundacauda)

Where the hell has this Furor DNA gone to?

Now thats a total of 72 DNAs. Compared to former 30 (5 areas, each 6 DNA) its an increase of 42 additional DNA options.

This means, if a comon landinvestor (not sponsored by MA) wants to increase his DNA options by 42, he has to buy 7 LAs, or 2 BigLAs (like Stormland or Swizerland) + 1 common LA.

Actually common LAs go for 100k - 300k PED (depends on location, ores/enmatters and if there is a TP near).
Lets take the average, and it means a todays investor has to pay around 1.4mio PED = 140k$ for additional LAs to get the same number of additional DNA options D. received with this VU.
Thats more than ND paid for CND, and its definately more than D. paid for TI.

I agree they had to cut his land into different areas and install some more CTs to make it possible to install events at this LA. And I surely appreciate that kind of imporvement, as it is good for all.
But why the hell they increase the number of possible DNAs that makes an total value of 7 common LAs ???

Sad nobody can find the old press release or News article when TI has been advertised (befor sold). So we can check, if there is really that much missing features?
Surely MA could add an volcano if they promised that, and MA could add some mean fish (sharks or something) around the island as a natural spawn, if they promised that.
But I don´t think, MA promised that you get a bonus of 7 complete LAs after a 5 year period.

I feel pissed because I invested into a part of an LA, and now I have to notice that one person gets an improvement that has an total value of 7 complete LAs for free. And only because he bought an Island 5 years back that has been cheaper than todays comon LAs.

Imho ND or Deathifier never had to deposit again, after they bought this 2 very nice resourts. But all we average participants, who got a dream of once owning at least a small LA or an Hangar, paying every month year for year are scum in the eye of MA, and MA still pumps PED into this 2 persons who managed to make living from EU.
There is no more room for upcoming people, there will never be another chance like TI or CND again. Even if something like that will come up, I am absolutely sure that one of this two persons will pay an insane high amount of PED just to safe their actual investment. They never accept any concurence. Everything is ok, as long nobody else but this two may profit from EU?
This two person buy all DNA parts that ever drop at insane rates, so no normal landowner got ever a chance to install a new unique mob, and they can do that because they earn insane amount of PED every day from their old investments.

ND himself once said, that CND made him RL millionaire. What else can we say? Its ok, that someone manages to become millionaire out of a virtual universe, but there should be some chance for others to. Actually I can´t see any chance, as this improvement devalues all other LAs, as TI will soon old every DNA that exists at other LAs, there is enough room now.

Its direct competition between LA owners, and there are two ways to get people onto your land.

1. unique DNA
2. nice events

ND and D. both got unique DNA or unique natural spawns.
ND got some real nice events too, and he gets some of his events sposnored by MA (champions league).
Now, MA improved TI and and set D. into a position that he may offer nice events, too. That alone will increase the value of TI, but its not enough for MA, they had to give him additional slots for DNA, too.

Thats the point where I have to say that MA scammed all other LA owners, as they improved the chances in this competition for one person drastically, while all others that had lower chance to survive in this competition already, now have even worse chances to make a dime out of their LAs.

MA infested Deathifiers Investment, and MA pissed at all other LA owners!
Thats what I can see!
Everybody who bought an LA around 250k PED isn´t worth the same than Deathifier that invested 250k PED for TI.

Why the hell is deathifiers 250k PED more interesting for MA than anybody elses 250k PED ????

http://news.cnet.com/Real-cash-for-virtual-goods/2100-1043_3-5566704.html?tag=mncol

"A total of $26,500 for a piece of undeveloped land in an unpopulated but potentially prosperous new suburb" linked article.

"Taxation has provided a small but steady income...and we have a very cool bar where people like to hang out," he said. "The housing estates are due with the next update, which is probably going to be sometime in February or March. When the houses start rolling out is when the dollars start rolling in." -- D.

"One of the common things is you pay people to collect manure from big monsters and spread it on your land to repel smaller monsters," Jacobs said. "You're making your land more valuable by changing the food chain." -- ND. (lol)

* conspiracy mode: ON *

you guys still don't get it, there is no Deathifier, there is no NeverDie. Those are just Marco's publicity ava's :laugh::laugh:

* conspiracy mode: OFF *

But seriously, there is nothing wrong with an LA improvement and NeverDie and Deathifier took the risk and they have done a great job, because of the action/risk they took lot's and lot's of players came to our universe. But why this improvement, where is the CND stadium MA ??

And why not a good improvement that benefit all players (removable DNA, event system etc etc)

But on the other hand what does it matter if we agree or disagree with the situation, MA won´t change it bank.

Thats why ur land is called OLA-generic number (like all others) and DEath's land is called Treasure Island (unique) :p

What are your feelings about TI improvement, with this VU?

For me its just not fair, that someone gets such a big nice gift totally for free.

- Did MA right improving TI LA for free?
- Good step by MA he deserved this gift
- Good step by MA although I can´t see he deserved that gift
- Bad step by MA, as he just didn´t deserve such a gift, and its isn´t fair against other LA owners.

Hi GoNi,

No offense mate,

But I hope you realise that these modernisations are actually what was intended to be included in the purchase of TI ;)

Nothing he has been given thus far has been freebies, they are owed to him and they still have not produced all the goods yet.

ie. He purchased it in a rather undeveloped and unfinished state, including the missing volcano which was supposed to have mobs inside it etc etc.

If anything I feel that in time to come once things settle down with all the other development work, additional features should be added to TI for the time Mr.Storey has waited patiently over the years to have things done.

He bought this before CND and CND even though it is not finished either, has been able to turn over a far greater factor in return vs expense (purchase value) over the period.

So in a sense, even though most of us who would dream of having an island but don't would be critical, Mr.Storey has had the pretty bad end of the deal for quite a long period of time.

Putting into perspective the relative cost of LAs such Atrax Beach at the time being just above 1k USD vs this 26k+ purchase

Just something to keep in mind before saying not fair this and not fair that, unless ofc your referring to the unfinished product purchased having not been completed.

Last edited:
Thats why ur land is called OLA-generic number (like all others) and DEath's land is called Treasure Island (unique) :p

omg why does everything reminds me on the Kevin Rudolph competion :cry:

......Deathifier (and NeverDie for that matter) got in on the ground floor of the virtual universe and if MA/FPC rewards them for their foresight and the gamble of investing early I see nothing wrong with that. I would relate that to a promotion for a magazine stating: Subscribe now and get our magazine for 1 cent a month for the rest of your life. ...

yeah true but now it looks like you pay the 1 cent and get some special extra pages that others wont get after 10 years
i dont know if there was a contract that deathifier get this modification of TI after a long period of years or such things.
But i dont think it was necessary. TI is a gold mine at all so :o: .
the only perspective is for the other LA owners to get the same sort of mobs like TI got :dunno:. but like kyleen said its unique
... omg "unique" :cry: the video is tooooooo bad

Hi GoNi,

I can easily see you frustration - on some levels it does not seem fair...

However..

Deathifier (and NeverDie for that matter) got in on the ground floor of the virtual universe and if MA/FPC rewards them for their foresight and the gamble of investing early I see nothing wrong with that. I would relate that to a promotion for a magazine stating: Subscribe now and get our magazine for 1 cent a month for the rest of your life. Those that did that should get the magazine for 1 cent a month forever. Those that did not may not think it was fair, but the initial subscribers thought enough about the venture to participate. That participation is reaping benefits for Deathifier and NeverDie now.

I would love to turn back the clock too... I could say it is not fair that Shadow armor once dropped enough that people TTed it simply because there was no storage back then. I would love a ModMerc, ModFAP or a IMK2... but alas, I did not start playing until well after those items reached their acceptable numbers.

I see the "Modernization" of Treasure Island as a good thing. More can happen there and mob spawns can be controlled in a positive way (at least I think that is what will happen). It was a huge LA - now it can be managed more effectively.

This is not a flame... just proposing another point of view.

I concur with what RJ said ... time moves on and investment values change. When Deathifier and ND acquired their respective locations, they had already invested a great deal of personal income, but ... they continue to re-invest from the profits they make in order to develop their investments into something better. So it's not like they're getting a free ride, and ... we as a community benefit from that.

Also ... as was pointed out, they have waited long periods of time for features to be added that haven't been, but that's because MA's focus seems to be fragmented (IMO), and challenged to stay on point without diverting attention to the next big thing ... and I'm sure all with the intent of generating increased revenue. Which isn't a bad thing, but ... learn how to start and finish projects before developing new ones, and ... respect those who had faith in their investments and for MA to follow through on their commitment.

I think the poll is phrased incorrectly. Yes it improves TI, yes it will probably lead to greater profits for Deathifier but what you appear to neglect is the benefit that everyonelse who uses it recieves. Greater density for hunters, better area for miners, the ability to do programmed events... sounds completly logical to me.

I found this old article about the TI sale: Link

The island is a large piece of land, on the fictional planet of Calypso, off a newly discovered continent surrounded by deep-creature infested waters. The island boasts beautiful beaches ripe for developing beachfront property and an old volcano with rumors of fierce beings within. The outback is overrun with mutants, and there is an area with a high concentration of robotic miners guarded by heavily armed assault robots.

The most extraordinary feature is a gigantic abandoned castle overlooking the island. It is suspected that the island is the infamous "Site A," where the original colonist arrival took place, resulting in discoveries of old equipment, a broken down teleporter, and space ship docks for the lucky bidder. Site A, was according to Imperial records, abandoned after the continent was deemed too wild and dangerous for the first phase of planetary colonization.

Ok, what we can see from this old NEWs?

1. deep-creature infested waters - still missing, don´t think the few rippersnappers can be ment by this!

2. The island boasts beautiful beaches ripe for developing beachfront property - hmm , is that TI city and the housings around the lake. OK its a little weak, therefor I have to agree. Isn´t done in the promised way.

3. old volcano with rumors of fierce beings within - still missing, maybe another unique mob for D.

4. The outback is overrun with mutants - still missing, never seen mutants at TI. OK there are Globaster and Furor, but that got installed by D. himself, thats not what he paid for.

5. a high concentration of robotic miners guarded by heavily armed assault robots - missing the high concentration, but could be considered as done, as there is a robot mine, guarded by SecEnts and Minerbots guarded by drones.

6. a broken down teleporter - think that one is repaired today. 3 TPs at TI :)

7. space ship docks - done!

8. castle - done!

After finding this article and checking what MA promised about TI back that days and whats done so far, I have to agree to all who think D. deserved this huge improvement of his LA.
Time to say excuse me, especially to Deathifier himself, sorry.

Now I got some more facts about what TI should be and compared to actual state of development there is still much to do for MA in the future.

I hope nobody feels to much pissed about my whinning, sometimes I need that too ;)

Didn´t know that MA creatives are that damn slow with introducing new content! For the time D. has to wait for some more promised features, he really deserved some nice compensation.

Next time somthing out of the ordinary happens, I try to get all facts bevor posting such a thread.

I want TI back, damn!t !! why??
It's so hard for me to choose tp to click if I show LA in map. Especially north Tp, as u can see, when u click on the tp there, u only get the LA info not the tp to warp. damn!t !!!! I don't like it feature :scratch2: :bowdown:

Before we back to the topic let I tell u my story, Long time ago (oh man, I cant remember) there was a man posted a topic in my forum (oh I was a admin of 3k members forum) I read the topic and though how mad the man to buy that island with huge $. what's that crazy game!!! Then, in my local newspaper, they also informed about that event. yeah, it affected to my mind. I couldn't hold my curiousness. I wanted to explore it.

Then I decided to join the "mad" game (oh s...k, I wanted time back to stop myself :laugh: ).

back to the topic, as u can see, I joined this game just because TI and I know that many ppl like me do that. Dead gave project-entropia the chance to improve. If there is noone buy TI, I think Mod fap doesnt cost us over 300kped as this day.

common guys, do not be envy or jealous more. I feel like that but back to the earth. u should be carefull ur ped, and look @ MA work. ur wallet can be empty :yay:

GL ingame guys

Back