Swedbank intrested in EU Banks

habanero

Alpha
Society
Orange Juice
Habanero the Evil
Swedbank, a big bank in Sweden has shown it's interest of the EU Banks.
Link

They say that as if a new city will start to develop they will offer their bank services there.
They see no difference in the online world.

I'm not sure if it's good to bring real business into the EU world... cos in the end EU will just turn into a second life ... hint hint ;)

Can someone translate the article into English, sounds like a cool development

Give me two min and I will try translate it.

Real banks opens accounts in computer games.

Now the banks get into the world of computer games. Soon will they players in EU be able to borrow real money from a real bank to pay for stuff in the game. Swedbank is one of the banks that thinking of joining the new market.

-We are intresed. On the same way will would be if there was a new town developing. We would be intresed to open a bank there. /Peter Tusher, development CEO of Swedbank.

Inside of EU the players move in a 3D world. They can shop and go to nightclubs. With the avatar you can also interact with other players and buy and sell stuff.

They community grows every day and it gets more and more players. About 500 000 is playing EU and the players are from all over the world.

Its Mindark that owns EU and its that game that has achived the biggest link to the real world econmics. For example its possible for the players you withdraw their money with a ATM card.

Its real money its all about in the game. To be able to profit more easy its nessecary to invest into different guns. Therefor it shall now become possible to borrow from banks to stiumalte the investments.

The idea has been there for a long time, but now its time.

- It has been there from the beginning that there would be banks for the players to use. Today we got shops and art galleries, so banks is a natural development. There has also been request from the players about banks. /Jan Welter CEO Mindark.

Mikeal Heimdal from Stockholm has been playing EU for many years and plays up to 15h per week. He thinks there is a big interest of banks in EU.

- But I also see a risk if there aint any controll for how to borrow money. People can be in dept and thinks its just in the game and that it is not linked to the real world.

ATM card.....500.000 ppl playing...lol, hope their better informed about banking then they appear to be about EU....

I really hope a RL bank will buy one of those EU banking licenses, so the bank and MA together can make those 'extra' banking features available that they mentioned.

I really hope a RL bank will buy one of those EU banking licenses, so the bank and MA together can make those 'extra' banking features available that they mentioned.

YES so that some gambling junkkies can fill up the lootpool and then stop playing cause of depts :D i like the idea! :cool:

Banks in EU, ffs. MA kills you with fees.....deposit - fee, withdrawl - fee, withdrawl w/ATM card - double fee.

Makes me wonder if the Bank w/decay and the owner of the license will have to repair the bank or it will become useless until repaired.

MA already charges for a deposit, will the new bank charge you to open a savings account, charge you if your account limit falls below a certain PED level... charge interest on money loaned (that part is obvious)....can you smell what i'm cooking. :eek:

The never ending fee requirement.

i'll tell you one thing, if rl banks do actually enter the universe and provide unsecured loans, you can be sure that there will be alot more accounts made.:bandit:

and as players have access to loanmoney prices overall may easily go higher.. more bidding over desirable items.. inflation

^^^Good point...this could be real interesting for the economy.

lol , guys , you too late...
When MA anounced they will make bank liscence they for sure had allready contact with som bank , and for sure swedish bank...
Dont be silly ,MA would never offert such a system to open basic player for cheap ,so they need be sure someone will bid hight.And a bank would never bid on liscence without speaking for month about all the detail.
Do you think a bank would bid on a auction without knowing what they bid on ?
Contract are probably not signed , but for sure they are ready and both partie (MA and Bank) agrea on it...

Evrything is done , and history is allready writed , and was even before MA anouncement.

As for economie , get ready to see price of evrything go up.bank make money on loan , and people take a loan when they whant buy something they dont have enought to do....

1) bank things will bring lots of PR so new player.
2) since its bank , it will bring people with lots of money and investor.
3) loan will alow people to pay even more for anything...

I am not sure all that good , but i am sure the balancing manager will do even more shit in game....

swedbanks internet bank just crashed :D

this bank is like a turtle... if it ends up on its back it needs help to roll over again.

i'll tell you one thing, if rl banks do actually enter the universe and provide unsecured loans, you can be sure that there will be alot more accounts made.:bandit:

you realy think that give unsecured loans..... haha never.

for the customer ma makes noting about a loan system.
But if you most have 100k USD on account and pay for the bank licenses,
you can be sure that wil have a secure system for it.;)

you realy think that give unsecured loans..... haha never.

but is a real bank interested in running a pawn shop? are they going to have the expertise to assess value of items offered as security? then again, is this going to be nothing more than a glorified advert for offline banking services?

this bank is like a turtle... if it ends up on its back it needs help to roll over again.

Its not a crash. Its the last step in converting it to Entropia standard :D

Makes me wonder if the Bank w/decay and the owner of the license will have to repair the bank or it will become useless until repaired.
I think the buildings are worth 25000 ped and MA give them with 0 ped value like the ME stuff.
And the building can only operational when repaired > 90% like the new sign's.

Btw. did MA says 100.000 dollar on the bank account or on the ped Card :)
If it'son a ped card, MA wins big time off the transfer fee only :)

greetings,

bigdeal

Last night, Swedbank's internet bank crashed for the third time in the last two weeks - and they really think they have the online resources needed to open a bank in Entropia? I'll believe it when I see it...

Last night, Swedbank's internet bank crashed for the third time in the last two weeks - and they really think they have the online resources needed to open a bank in Entropia? I'll believe it when I see it...

It sounds like a match made in heaven... :rolleyes:

I think, after everything is said and done, this first attempt at banking in game will end up like New Oxford art gallery licenses...

Real banking in EU won't happen until the player can actually establish an account that can be linked to his or her PED Card allowing fast deposits and immediate withdrawals...

lol , guys , you too late...
When MA anounced they will make bank liscence they for sure had allready contact with som bank , and for sure swedish bank...
Dont be silly ,MA would never offert such a system to open basic player for cheap ,so they need be sure someone will bid hight.And a bank would never bid on liscence without speaking for month about all the detail.
Do you think a bank would bid on a auction without knowing what they bid on ?
Contract are probably not signed , but for sure they are ready and both partie (MA and Bank) agrea on it...

Evrything is done , and history is allready writed , and was even before MA anouncement.

As for economie , get ready to see price of evrything go up.bank make money on loan , and people take a loan when they whant buy something they dont have enought to do....

1) bank things will bring lots of PR so new player.
2) since its bank , it will bring people with lots of money and investor.
3) loan will alow people to pay even more for anything...

I am not sure all that good , but i am sure the balancing manager will do even more shit in game....

I have to agree with Etopia here. I think this has been in the works for some time. If you look at the big picture PE/EU has experienced major inflation and now has LAs, Items, and Hangars ranging in price from $5750.00 USD to well over $30,000.00 USD. MA has always had the control to reduce the inflation yet they seem to keep it slowly rising through reduced supply and increased demand.

Now if I think back to the day I started opening a bank in PE would have seem ridiculous to any RL bank because items, compared to today's prices, were relatively inexpensive and most participants were not willing to spend huge amounts to acquire them. If you fast forward to today MA has really not taken any steps to reduce the inflation like increase of rare items or adding competent counterparts (and if they do they are sure to be L) To a bank seeing a weapon like an unlimited Korss getting offers like $5000.00 USD is huge. After the banks get rolling I would not be surprised to see current limited items dropping unlimited versions a big more frequently. Those items are to new players of today what adj, imp, and mod items were to me when I first started.

So when you look at the amp nerf, skill nerf, loot nerf, reduction of actual helpful ingame items in relation to a new Banking system I think it becomes more clear. If an actual RL bank gets a license an is allowed to mortgage certain expensive items in EU I don't see inflation ever tapering off. Having hold ups like not having enough ped in game to get an item or estate will be a thing of the past when you can walk into a bank and apply for the ped.

Oh well this is just my opinion and I have recently begun looking at my time in PE to EU and just how its changed and who has and will really benefit from these changes. I think Banks will be a good thing, if they are done right and it gives players more options.

Well I just hope that MA has good lawyers this time :laugh:

Not to protect from the banks or players. ;)

Nah, but in case you don't remember Sweden is one of the places in the world were it exists the higher taxes rates.:rolleyes:

Well at least MA has already moved out part of the servers from there.:wtg:

My guess is that by 2010 if there is still a game they will be located in Antigua or another offshore tax paradise, well they already started contacts with people who know this kind of stuff didn't they.:mad:

And I don't understand why all you people believe that banks can't work ingame.

For a start
they won't pay much to deposit or withdraw money in terms of fees.

Those fees are to cover the credit card expenses.

If I had access to a bank account in MA bank I needed to deposit a large ammount I would just do a direct transfer which would mean that the fees instead of 3,5% would be 1000 times or more less than that depending on the ammount deposited.

Second aren't you televesions and magazines filled with marketing to "easy loans" from several financial institutions.
"JUST A PHONE CALL" and such

In my country there are over 20 at the moment and it seems to be a very prosperous business.

Do they loose money in some ocasions, sure they do
but with the interests they charge they can afford court actions against those who don't pay and those who pay are also financing the losses.

A finantial institution would be able to makes loans to a most bigger audience with this internet features provided by the game.

And about security of payments,
well it's up to them on how to secure the contract isn't it, I bet they know what is required.
About MA security, well I bet they visited the facitities and asked all kinds of technical questions to make sure that MA wouldn't make them fall into an easy scam.

My guess is that by 2010 if there is still a game they will be located in Antigua or another offshore tax paradise, well they already started contacts with people who know this kind of stuff didn't they.:mad:

Maybe belize with their investor partenair , bridge...

And I don't understand why all you people believe that banks can't work ingame.

For a start
they won't pay much to deposit or withdraw money in terms of fees.

Those fees are to cover the credit card expenses.

If I had access to a bank account in MA bank I needed to deposit a large ammount I would just do a direct transfer which would mean that the fees instead of 3,5% would be 1000 times or more less than that depending on the ammount deposited.

Second aren't you televesions and magazines filled with marketing to "easy loans" from several financial institutions.
"JUST A PHONE CALL" and such

In my country there are over 20 at the moment and it seems to be a very prosperous business.

Do they loose money in some ocasions, sure they do
but with the interests they charge they can afford court actions against those who don't pay and those who pay are also financing the losses.

A finantial institution would be able to makes loans to a most bigger audience with this internet features provided by the game.

And about security of payments,
well it's up to them on how to secure the contract isn't it, I bet they know what is required.
About MA security, well I bet they visited the facitities and asked all kinds of technical questions to make sure that MA wouldn't make them fall into an easy scam.

The current licenses limit the function of a bank to collateral loans only at this time... I'm not convinced that there will be enough players taking these loans to make it work well enough for a bank to expand its services in game...

I think we'll see what we saw in New Oxford... An initial burst of interest (mainly due to the novelty factor) followed by a general malaise over time.

The current licenses limit the function of a bank to collateral loans only at this time... I'm not convinced that there will be enough players taking these loans to make it work well enough for a bank to expand its services in game...

read again ...
Bank will be abel to provide any of their service if they wish , as long as they suport it all...
That mean credit card ... but probably , if a bank make the first month a lot of buck on the loan (wich i am sure will happen) , they will pay MA to have som special system linked to other service they whant....

Dont worry , bank are here for business so do MA... and i am sure , both will speak same language... MA is full of people that have study and got only knowledge about money , bank , eco,nomic and so on..
Thats the main diference with the main concurent.
Main condurent is like on 30 people 29 are coder , designer .... and 1 is economist..
in MA on 30 people 25 are economist 1 is cofée guy , 2 coder and 2 designer...

Back